Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

linveo.com - AMD Ryzen 7950X KVM VPS with NVMe disk from $15/year - Now with 10gbit in Texas! - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

linveo.com - AMD Ryzen 7950X KVM VPS with NVMe disk from $15/year - Now with 10gbit in Texas!

1234568»

Comments

• lnxlnx Member, Patron Provider

@ample4605 said:

@lnx said:

@ample4605 said:
    Seeing this error for AMD for both Ohio and Texas now.

Package limits have been reached for all packages in the selected group.

Yes, Texas is sold out again.

Seems like Ohio as well.

Any chance Texas will become available again?

The hardware is ordered, just a long lead time. Intel packages are available in both locations.

Thanked by 1lysora
  • HelpMeOutHelpMeOut Member

waiting for new available texas server

• nguyennguyen Member

@lnx has Texas network got problem? I can not ping my server, even from wormly.com

• bapakebapake Member

@nguyen said:
    @lnx has Texas network got problem? I can not ping my server, even from wormly.com

It happen to my vps too but fixed fast less than 2 minutes after submitted ticket

@nguyen said:

Yes, I just finished sending out this e-mail for the outage for the Dallas Texas services.

We first want to apologize for the downtime overnight US Central Time.
    There was a electric circuit breaker than tripped on the facility side
    that caused a complete power outage to our rack and many others. All
    of the nodes came back up once power was restored after approximately
    one hour of downtime and the VMs began their queue to restart. The
    facility will be having their electrician investigate the circuit
    breaker and determine if any further action is necessary. Should they
    need to arrange a maintenance outage we will let you know promptly.

• JocaJoca Member
    edited May 26

I am kinda getting heavily disappointed with this provider. They had 3 rack shutdowns in past week, it's literally less stable than my homelab server. This is nuts.
    My VPS has been shutting down in past days/week couple times. Like literally i cannot run any critical software that needs to be up 24/7.

• JocaJoca Member

How are their servers not having UPS?

We have been informed by Prime Data Centers, that the entire datacenter is in an unplanned power outage. They have everyone working on the issue to get the power restored as soon as possible.

Thanked by 1niceghost
  • GRXGRX Member

Your Service is so unstandable, 3 days , downtime 2 times.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@lnx said:
    We have been informed by Prime Data Centers, that the entire datacenter is in an unplanned power outage.
    They have everyone working on the issue to get the power restored as soon as possible.

I live in North Dallas area and I totally understand the impact of yesterday weather on various facilities.

I just posted YABS for your OH VPS that was unaffected by this weather related incident.

• @Joca said:
    I am kinda getting heavily disappointed with this provider. They had 3 rack shutdowns in past week, it's literally less stable than my homelab server. This is nuts.
    My VPS has been shutting down in past days/week couple times. Like literally i cannot run any critical software that needs to be up 24/7.

I'd be happy to take that server off of your hands if you're unhappy with it.

This has obviously been a rough week for the guy but tell me where, at any time, Linveo was at fault? Hardware issues (especially with the 7950x) aren't rare. Full on DC outages? Rare. Both happening in the same week? Unfortunate.

I'd be curious to hear what YOU would have done differently? I'd understand you being upset at the situation - but disappointment in the provider is misplaced.

• JocaJoca Member

I'd be curious to hear what YOU would have done differently? I'd understand you being upset at the situation - but disappointment in the provider is misplaced.

Diesel generators exists, they can run for couple days if needed, if i was owning such Datacenter i assume i would be able to afford such generator, so in case of power outrage servers can still run interrupted.

• Petey_LongPetey_Long Member
    edited May 26

@Joca said:

Diesel generators exists, they can run for couple days if needed, if i was owning such Datacenter i assume i would be able to afford such generator, so in case of power outrage servers can still run interrupted.

Take it up with Evocative - https://evocative.com/ - not Linveo's deal. Don't think they'll care too much what a person with a $5 VPS on a colo'd server has to say on the subject but you seem to be pretty set on being angry at someone, those would be the people you should be angry with.

Again, Linveo did nothing wrong and if you're so upset, let the guy know you want to transfer it and I'll take it. No reason to continue to bitch and moan in this guy's sales thread over something he has ZERO control over.

Thanked by 1niceghost
  • bulabula Member

Many reputable providers were affected by this outages not just Linveo. So pinning this outage solely on Linveo is un-called for. The Datacenter in question Evocative, that is responsible for providing reliable service it its clients.

• bapakebapake Member

@Joca said:

Did you submit ticket asking the problem?