Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM-EPYC-2GB only £12/year! 2GB DDR4 / 2 cores / 35GB NVME | CDN77 Germany + Some company news - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM-EPYC-2GB only £12/year! 2GB DDR4 / 2 cores / 35GB NVME | CDN77 Germany + Some company news

Comments

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    Amsterdam, NL    11.74 ms    0.0%    878.15 Mbps    880.00 Mbps    Melbicom - Amsterdam 

That test should be the most important

• emdademdad Member

ID 1300, extra disk space please.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server
     Dallas, TX       130.86 ms   0.0%    861.40 Mbps    273.99 Mbps    Hivelocity - Dallas, TX
     Houston, TX      136.96 ms   0.0%    941.57 Mbps    179.20 Mbps    Ezee Fiber - Houston, TX
     Kansas, MO       128.85 ms   0.3%    982.95 Mbps    294.28 Mbps    Nocix - Kansas City, MO
     Minneapolis, MN  122.58 ms   0.0%    967.67 Mbps    786.28 Mbps    US Internet - Minneapolis, MN
     Chicago, IL      118.18 ms   0.3%    930.02 Mbps    224.06 Mbps    Enzu.com - Chicago, IL
     Denver, CO       132.81 ms   0.0%    956.96 Mbps    288.54 Mbps    T-Mobile Fiber | Intrepid - Denver, CO
     Portland, OR     173.00 ms   N/A     909.06 Mbps    225.22 Mbps    CenturyLink - Portland, OR
     Las Vegas, NV    174.55 ms   N/A     838.38 Mbps    249.43 Mbps    Dish Wireless - Las Vegas, NV
     Salt Lake, UT    150.68 ms   N/A     32.98 Mbps     302.09 Mbps    Novva Data Centers - Salt Lake City, UT
     Phoenix, AZ      150.27 ms   0.0%    971.49 Mbps    879.39 Mbps    Xiber LLC - Phoenix, AZ
     Los Angeles, CA  157.26 ms   0.0%    801.66 Mbps    109.68 Mbps    ReliableSite Hosting - Los Angeles, CA
     San Jose, CA     157.95 ms   0.3%    862.57 Mbps    138.78 Mbps    Misaka Network, Inc. - San Jose, CA
     Spokane, WA      164.93 ms   0.0%    952.66 Mbps    186.33 Mbps    Crunchbits - Spokane, WA
     Seattle, WA      165.06 ms   0.0%    573.95 Mbps    130.64 Mbps    Misaka Network, Inc. - Seattle, WA

@88xrzs
    notice the dip in the download speed for Salt Lake City, Utah
    That is the magic of shared data port

• @hostaris Why is germany so much cheaper than UK? Energy, bandwidth, datacenter costs, or all of the above?

• hostarishostaris Member, Patron Provider

@luissousa said:
    @hostaris Why is germany so much cheaper than UK? Energy, bandwidth, datacenter costs, or all of the above?

UK is 10Gbps, and DC costs.

Thanked by 1luissousa
  • @hostaris

It's very impressive how the company is growing and magaing everything at a high level of competence. I am a very happy client.

Awesome service!

Looks like the offer is not available any more. True? In the panel I found only 8GB RAM offer.

One question, will the DL/UL connection and latency from your server in London to Singapore better or from server in Frankfurt? I think London because of 10GBit, true?

• shruubshruub Member

In the coming days we will be sending out an email to all active clients regarding changes to our privacy policy, specifically that we will be storing more data from you (Including but not limited to billing addresses and phone numbers). This is for fraud prevention purposes, due to the sheer amount of "John Doe" and "John Smith" with active servers on our system (crazy, I know). Anyone with one of these accounts will have to change their information to real info, else you could have a problem in the future.

I think you don't understand how these people think. They are of course dumb using John Smith/Doe as a name in the first place if they try to stay anonymous or whatever, but I'd bet that people would probably start using some random internet name + address generator. You also don't explicitly mention them abusing anything, but I'd hope that would be the main reason you do so. Now I'm no lawyer buuut I think (no idea) if they give you incorrect data, they are at fault, not you. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

I did want to ramble about the livechat and forcing users to use discord, but I didn't read correctly, lmao. Solved well :).

@shruub said:

In the coming days we will be sending out an email to all active clients regarding changes to our privacy policy, specifically that we will be storing more data from you (Including but not limited to billing addresses and phone numbers). This is for fraud prevention purposes, due to the sheer amount of "John Doe" and "John Smith" with active servers on our system (crazy, I know). Anyone with one of these accounts will have to change their information to real info, else you could have a problem in the future.

I think you don't understand how these people think. They are of course dumb using John Smith/Doe as a name in the first place if they try to stay anonymous or whatever, but I'd bet that people would probably start using some random internet name + address generator. You also don't explicitly mention them abusing anything, but I'd hope that would be the main reason you do so. Now I'm no lawyer buuut I think (no idea) if they give you incorrect data, they are at fault, not you. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

I did want to ramble about the livechat and forcing users to use discord, but I didn't read correctly, lmao. Solved well :).

I do understand that it's hard to prevent things like this, but we cannot implement things such as minFraud and expect it to work well with... well.. a name and an email address. It's not going to be bulletproof at release, but it opens opportunities for us to tighten our security further down the line.

@MrWonder said:
    @hostaris

It's very impressive how the company is growing and magaing everything at a high level of competence. I am a very happy client.

Awesome service!

Looks like the offer is not available any more. True? In the panel I found only 8GB RAM offer.

One question, will the DL/UL connection and latency from your server in London to Singapore better or from server in Frankfurt? I think London because of 10GBit, true?

It is still available, please double check :)

• shruubshruub Member

@hostaris said:

@shruub said:

I do understand that it's hard to prevent things like this, but we cannot implement things such as minFraud and expect it to work well with... well.. a name and an email address. It's not going to be bulletproof at release, but it opens opportunities for us to tighten our security further down the line.

I totally understand that, still sucks for privacy purposes. No worries if you don't want to answer, but is it an abuse problem then? Because otherwise, you'd make a massive 0.015$ profit not using minFraud ;')

• @hostaris said:

@MrWonder said:
    @hostaris

It is still available, please double check :)

Yes, the offer is still available. They are listed below and I was searching above.

Thanks. Yeah, grabed one although I do not need any. Listen, your offers are very tempting ..... ;-)

• kheng86kheng86 Member

May I know the charges for additional IPv4?

• vps 1303 & 1304 - additional core please ;o)

• sjzxksjzxk Member
    edited March 29

vps 1305,double traffic, thanks

• VPS ID: 1306
    Thanks!

• vps 1306 - additional core please

• ThomasTThomasT Member

@ThomasT said:
    VPS ID: 1286

@hostaris Will you be adding the extra core anytime soon?

• MMXMMX Member

Is nested virtualization supported?

• VPS 1307 Additional core please

• @hostaris

Thanks for your awesome offers.

I have ordered - but not yet finished the configuration or installation - and have changed my mind.

My VPS ID is 1302. Would you please upgrade this to a 4GB RAM VPS and invoice me plus add an extra core.

With Hostaris, I see all the offers have an amazing Black Friday quality of prices, not an inch of reduction of professionalism (like with other providers), excellent support and very stable servers. So once again, thanks.

Thanked by 1PineappleM
  • My vps id is 1308
    Please give the extra core as mentioned

• VPS 1309 Additional core please

• jasperqjasperq Member

VPS ID: 1310 -- one extra vCore please. Thank you!

• WhitWhit Member

vpsid : 1311 Additional core please

• Please add a crypto payment gateway (like coinbase) and accept crypto.
    Thanks.

• SlapSlap Member

ID #1312
    double traffic, thx

• 88xrzs88xrzs Member
    edited March 29

So far, no extra disks, no extra cores, no extra traffic,
    An hour ago, the VPS was automatically restarted. Boss, should you come out and explain the situation?

root@HA:~# uptime
     02:16:28 up 57 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.02, 0.00

Thanked by 1niceghost

@88xrzs said:
    An hour ago, the VPS was automatically restarted. Boss, should you come out and explain the situation?

It's a bank holiday, we're not miracle workers. The outage is still being investigated.

• 88xrzs88xrzs Member

@hostaris said:

@88xrzs said:

It's a bank holiday, we're not miracle workers. The outage is still being investigated.

:)

• shenyinshenyin Member

ID:1316
    double traffic, thanks :)