Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C1Vhosting - the fiesta continues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

C1Vhosting - the fiesta continues

I'm unsure if i'm allowed to link to another forum but the story is as follows;

@c1vhosting posted an offer "Unlock VPN Unlimited for just €1,49/year" which caught my attention and i of course had to try it and here's my thoughts on it so far: (evaluating it as if i were paying his original asking price)

Negatives:
Been using it for less than 20 minutes and it's already showing signs of doggie doo-doo performance.
Every once in awhile it drops connection for a minute or so.. reminds me of the internet we had 3 hours deep into a remote forrest using spotty 4g.. Imagine paying almost $30 yearly for this..

Speeds weren't great but not awful, got around 70-95Mbs down and atleast 10 up (choked by my current isp). This is kind of a shame since he advertises it as being a "10GBs", sure they're obviously shared but getting 70-95Mbs is pretty far from what i would've expected.

Only one location to choose from which is the datacenter he operates from.

Wireguard uses .conf files however when you go to download the provided config for the vpn service you just bought it comes as a .txt which seems to be a minor overweight by him and can easily be corrected.

If choosing crypto as payment then you're only able to pay using 4 common cryptos directly to his wallets where you then have to open a ticket for him to manually review (no crypto payment gateway) and he wont accept payments under $5, sure that's fine just an annoying observation worth sharing.

Positives:

From the ipv4&6 addresses i've gotten so far have had good reputation. (Just checked two though).

"Unlimited bandwidth" i'd take that with a grain of salt but Hey, if he says so..

Was $1,5 for a year reccuring so definitely worth it from where i'm sitting. As long as he needs up whatever is causing the intermittent connection drops that is.

\\
As for the forum post we can see only negative experiences from his customers in the comment section and i got a good lil' chuckle knowing he continues to be extremely unprofessional in every regard.
It's pure insanity to me how someone can operate a business like he does.
Well we all know the trainwreck that @c1vhosting is so my expectations going into this were pretty low but surprisingly it was even slightly worse than i could've imagined.

As for how long i'll be able to use it without needing to try and get ahold of @c1vhosting remains to be determined. If i'm Lucky i'll maybe be able to squeeze out a few months of use before he either shuts down or disables my account like he did with another customer.

TLDR; Don't purchase anything from @c1vhosting unless it's a deal you can't refuse however even then you should think twice.

Comments

• matey0matey0 Member

Weird thread. Service looks fine for 1,49€ per year, which is basically free.

• did you contact them?

• good for you for having a "working" service, I paid mine and it doesn't even work since december last year.

@packetnext said:
    Send a letter to his mom. She owns the company.

lol this worth a try

Thanked by 2Svensken Talistech
  • remyremy Member

It's practically free. You ask for a lot by paying peanuts.

Frankly, I have several services with him and I'm very satisfied for the price.
    Not excellent, but for the price it's hard to ask for more.

I get the impression that you're constantly looking for a new target to take down. So much so that it's toxic.

The only thing that's problematic is the way it communicates, trying to make people believe that its services are in a premium datacenter. Which is certainly not the case. It lacks transparency. It's a bad strategy, and it's undoubtedly what has provoked this mistrust.

But apart from pointing this out on its sales threads to warn potential buyers….
    He's not selling here any more, so what's the point of continuing to charge him.

• @remy said:

I get the impression that you're constantly looking for a new target to take down. So much so that it's toxic.

The only thing that's problematic is the way it communicates, trying to make people believe that its services are in a premium datacenter. Which is certainly not the case. It lacks transparency. It's a bad strategy, and it's undoubtedly what has provoked this mistrust.

But apart from pointing this out on its sales threads to warn potential buyers….
    He's not selling here any more, so what's the point of continuing to charge him.

I definetly understand your arguments however i stated i'd be reviewing it as if i were paying the standard price. This promo only lasted for two days so whoever might come across this thread is likely to be at a time where he charges what he usually does. I'd never accept this performance if i were to buy this without the coupon. The connection is borderline unusable from time to time (based on my short usage time but still).

Didn't know he's not selling here anymore but i don't think that is relevant as this is ment to be more of a " buyer beware " which includes everyone and not just members on LET.

As for everything you stated regarding the issues in the way he communicated i fully agree with but there's more issues than that, he has a track record of running his service poorly. Misconfigurations, terrible support etc.

And as for what you said in the bottom of your response my answer is simply to hopefully have him finally absorb some of the critique and hopefully improve how he runs his circus. Performance so far has been horrendous and by me publically voicing the issues it might put some more coal in the chimney (motivation) to start fixing and improving things. ^^
    Hopefully he will be able to change my and many others view on his business in the future!

Thanked by 1remy
  • remyremy Member

@Svensken said:

@remy said:

I definetly understand your arguments however i stated i'd be reviewing it as if i were paying the standard price. This promo only lasted for two days so whoever might come across this thread is likely to be at a time where he charges what he usually does. I'd never accept this performance if i were to buy this without the coupon. The connection is borderline unusable from time to time (based on my short usage time but still).

Didn't know he's not selling here anymore but i don't think that is relevant as this is ment to be more of a " buyer beware " which includes everyone and not just members on LET.

As for everything you stated regarding the issues in the way he communicated i fully agree with but there's more issues than that, he has a track record of running his service poorly. Misconfigurations, terrible support etc.

And as for what you said in the bottom of your response my answer is simply to hopefully have him finally absorb some of the critique and hopefully improve how he runs his circus. Performance so far has been horrendous and by me publically voicing the issues it might put some more coal in the chimney (motivation) to start fixing and improving things. ^^
    Hopefully he will be able to change my and many others view on his business in the future!

I thought the initial post was a bit provocative.
    It's better with the context you just added.

The best thing would be to have contacted support before posting.
    But knowing that it still doesn't have a proper ticket system. I don't blame you on this one.

Too bad he doesn't listen to criticism to improve his service and communication.
    I think he's got potential to end up building a decent business.
    A little lack of maturity I guess.

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited March 25

@ScreenReader said:
    good for you for having a "working" service, I paid mine and it doesn't even work since december last year.

I have the exact same issue. Please note if you do not send them an email (not ticket, an actual email message) to request for cancellation, they will charge you for renewal on that disabled service. Basically you have the privilege of automatically paying for the renewal of a disabled service (in European Union).

Thanked by 1Svensken
  • for the price that we paid for the vpn i think this is a decent service

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Our C1V scammer VPN is still operational.
    We are pretty sure that the provider tagged my account in an "extra careful" group, because we are an influencer.

• JasonMJasonM Member

you pay penny, you get peanuts. not almonds.
    also, C1V is scam. avoid paying to them.

• davidedavide Member

If from $1.49 he doubled to $2.98, I don't think many among us would notice, but he would have ten times the budget to work with and might finally start saving for that yacht in Abu Dhabi that he always wanted, if mum agrees.

No idea.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Anyone managed to test this? I have mine disabled since December 2023.

Is network fast my man?

• @default said:

@ScreenReader said:
    good for you for having a "working" service, I paid mine and it doesn't even work since december last year.

I have the exact same issue. Please note if you do not send them an email (not ticket, an actual email message) to request for cancellation, they will charge you for renewal on that disabled service. Basically you have the privilege of automatically paying for the renewal of a disabled service (in European Union).

very amazing privilege, that being said, feel free to fight with my bank.

congratulations your chargeback has been doubled

• defaultdefault Veteran

@ScreenReader said:

@default said:

@ScreenReader said:

You can double the chargeback?! Your bank is an awesome way to make money. Order something expensive, then chargeback double.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@default said:

@ScreenReader said:

@default said:

@ScreenReader said:

You can double the chargeback?! Your bank is an awesome way to make money. Order something expensive, then chargeback double.

Pay via paypal with your credit card.

Contact your bank to reverse the transaction on your card, simultaneously chargeback on Paypal.

/s.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • JosephFJosephF Member

If the charge is very small most credit card issuers will just eat the charge and refund you without actually taking the money back from the merchant via a chargeback.

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 26

@FatGrizzly said:

Contact your bank to reverse the transaction on your card, simultaneously chargeback on Paypal.

/s.

My PayPal charge back request has been ongoing for 20 days and the expected resolution date keeps shifting forward after every week. Opened on March 6, expected resolution is (currently) on March 30. They also expect me to ship back this broken piece of crap at my expense.

• @davide said:

@FatGrizzly said:

/s.

My PayPal charge back request has been ongoing for 20 days and the expected resolution date keeps shifting forward after every week. Opened on March 6, expected resolution is (currently) on March 30. They also expect me to ship back this broken piece of crap at my expense.

how are you going to ship it?

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@JosephF said:
    If the charge is very small most credit card issuers will just eat the charge and refund you without actually taking the money back from the merchant via a chargeback.

That is correct, especially if the chargeback amount is small and cardholder has history of rare chargebacks.

• davidedavide Member

@cybertech said:
    how are you going to ship it?

I'm not going to. Googling around I found that PayPal users discovered that it's not always necessary to ship back the item to get a refund, despite PayPal claims so. If the buyer opens a case and the seller never responds to it until the case expires, it is not necessary. If the seller responds just with a fart, it is necessary. That avoids having to coordinate with an unresponsive seller.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited March 26

@cybertech said: how are you going to ship it?

@davide does not disputing his bro' C1V service, but some other non related transaction.

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • @Mumbly said:

@cybertech said: how are you going to ship it?

@davide does not disputing his bro' C1V service, but some other non related transaction.

oh

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 26

I don't know how PayPal handles charge backs for digital services, I never asked a charge back against @c1vhosting. But for physical items, getting a refund from PayPal is slow and not certain. The screenshot above is a charge back request for a physical item.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited March 26

@davide said:
    I don't know how PayPal handles charge backs for digital services, I never asked a charge back against @c1vhosting. But for physical items, getting a refund from PayPal is slow and not certain.

You won’t like this.
    Digital goods are not covered by PayPal chargebacks.

PayPal is not a financial institution with respect to compliance.

I like to pay by credit card directly if possible.

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited March 26

I thought PayPal always sides with the customer and cucks the merchant out?

I just keep one credit card solely for online purchases with a card issuer that is known to quickly refund on chargeback (assuming it's legit and not friendly fraud). I imagine going right to the card company (with the threat that you can cancel the card if you're not happy) gets a much faster resolution than whatever bureaucracy PayPal has to slog through.

• @dev_vps said:

@davide said:
    I don't know how PayPal handles charge backs for digital services, I never asked a charge back against @c1vhosting. But for physical items, getting a refund from PayPal is slow and not certain.

You won’t like this.

I may hope that you only do this when you clearly see that you are paying via Stripe or reputable payment processor.

And no, payalsucks.com (C) since 2005

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@PineappleM said:

Neve believe in marketing words.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member

@packetnext said:

@dev_vps said:

@davide said:

You won’t like this.

I may hope that you only do this when you clearly see that you are paying via Stripe or reputable payment processor.

And no, payalsucks.com (C) since 2005

There is a reason why I pay even for Amazon India with US issued credit card instead of Region issued card

• davidedavide Member
    edited March 26

@PineappleM said:

It used to be like that several years ago; I largely stopped using PayPal since then and I'm not current on these details, but the claim I opened this month for a broken item that I bought was hard and time consuming to file. It took 15 full minutes and PayPal asked a few open-ended questions with minimum word requirement just to dissuade casual mofos away. No one is gonna read that prose. And then you may also have to pay for returning the broken item.