Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaSSL wildcard, 5 years for less than 8 USD! [EXPIRED] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaSSL wildcard, 5 years for less than 8 USD! [EXPIRED]

Comments

• @rmlhhd said:
    Hmm, interesting. Try updating openssl. Also what OS you using?

I'm using OpenSSL 1.0.1e on Debian wheezy.

• @joelgm said:
    I'm using OpenSSL 1.0.1e on Debian wheezy.

Same, I don't see why there is an issue. Worked fine for me.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited January 2014

@joelgm

Worked fine for me.

Common Name (e.g. server FQDN or YOUR name) []:*.droidzone.in

>

Email Address []:

• shafireshafire Member
    edited January 2014

You can try it with xca (http://xca.sourceforge.net/). I am using that for all my certification stuff.

• @rmlhhd said:
    joelgm

Worked fine for me.

Were you able to input *.droidzone.in into the form on the website, without getting an error message? I think it might be an issue with their site code.

• rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited January 2014

@joelgm said:

I get this error: (translated by Google)

CSR required field.
    fields CSR Common Name field holds an incorrect value. We expect to find: *. Driodzone.in .. but there were:. You may also be damaged lifting CSR'et when you copy it into your browser, please start and finish lines, or try to create a new CSR with the correct values. Unfortunately, it is also likely that we have made ​​a mistake in our recognition of CSR'et. If you are sure you have done everything correctly, please email sales [at] digitaltcertifikat.dk and paste CSR'et and this text .. we will be returning as soon as possible back to you
    certificate signing request must be at least 2048 bit, it is no longer allowed to create certificates with only 1024 bits

It explains that it can't find *.droidzone.in within the CSR as I didn't enter one.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

Hm, almost an hour after ordering, still got no cert. Are they doing manual activation of these or what?...

• @rm_ said:
    Hm, almost an hour after ordering, still got no cert. Are they doing manual activation of these or what?...

I had the same issue.

Approval email - 15:21

SSL Arrived - 16:26

• @rmlhhd said: Just tried the SSL on mail.mydomain.tld and mydomain.tld and it works on both.

is both of your sub/domain in same server? I mean, can we use it if multiple subdomain is in different server/ip? eg: server1.domain.tld & server2.domain.tld is reside in different servers/ip..

• @sigis

mail.mydomain.tld and mydomain.tld are both on completely different servers.

Thanked by 1Sigis
  • @rmlhhd nice.. will try one, thanks

• @joelgm, Did you get it to work?

• @joelgm said:
    What I should have said is whether any other provider with an English site offers a similiar price.

They also have an English site, though it doesn't seem to show this special offer.
    However, it should serve you as a good translation of the order mask.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

So this is a safe site/company to deal with? I new a few Certs for future projects.

rmlhhd said: Approval email - 15:21

SSL Arrived - 16:26

Maybe they are now closed for the day (or were they seriously working on 1st january???), 2 hours after ordering, still not delivered.

• wdqwdq Member

From clicking the order button to the certificate arriving took less than ten minutes for me.

• @rm_ said:
    2 hours after ordering, still not delivered.

Well, in their terms they explicitly specify "Delivery time is typically next business day after the order and payment have been accepted by Supplier. In many cases delivery will take place same day as the payment is accepted, if paid with credit card."

https://www.digitaltcertifikat.dk/en/termsofpayment   

I guess, for a price like this a few hours of patience should be ok... ;)

• blackblack Member
    edited January 2014

How much additional does the credit card company charge to convert USD to a foreign currency?

Nevermind, I learned to Google.

• For anybody else who may have been wondering about foreign currency fees, the standard foreign transaction fee for most credit cards is 3%. The transaction fee for using a debit VISA card is often cheaper (around 1%) but might be riskier if you are hesitant about trusting a merchant.

• thanks @shafire & @rmlhhd

just recvd & setup ssl in one of my site.. followed @rmlhhd guide as is smoothly done.. it's very fast, just make sure u click links they've email to [email protected] & approve it.. then just wait few minutes to get the ssl.

got my 5 years ssl up! going to order some more for other domain..

• @CentrioHost said:
    Globalsign offers special promotion for Gold Partners since last week. It will be valid till Jan 15th 2014.

Can you beat their price?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited January 2014

@tr1cky - @CentrioHost used to post wildcard cert specials on LET for $2-$2.50 a year. Folks here beat the hell out of him for posting his last great offer. I have not seen him post an offer on LET since then.

That said, this offer seems like an even better deal :-)

• isalemisalem Member
    edited January 2014

Superb deal! thanks for sharing!

Just grabbed one, waiting for it to be issued.

EDIT: Issued just 3 mins after!

• black said: How much additional does the credit card company charge to convert USD to a foreign currency?

Oh, sorry. I did not mention this because I am used to have 0 % foreign currency fee.

• CentrioHostCentrioHost Member
    edited January 2014

@tr1cky said:
    Can you beat their price?

Yes I got 5 years SSL at 5$ with recent gold partner promotions. This DK reseller sell them with 2~3$ profit, thats great...

@FrankZ said:
    tr1cky - CentrioHost used to post wildcard cert specials on LET for $2-$2.50 a year. Folks here beat the hell out of him for posting his last great offer. I have not seen him post an offer on LET since then.

That said, this offer seems like an even better deal :-)

I will never offer SSL on LET.

CentrioHost said: Yes I got 5 years SSL at 5$/year with recent gold partner promotions. This DK reseller sell them with 2~3$ profit, thats great...

You're missing the point, this one is $8 for the whole 5 years, not $5/year.

• @rm_ said:
    You're missing the point, this one is $8 for the whole 5 years, not $5/year.

Typo mistake. I meant 5$ for 5 years SSL. So 1$ per year.

• @CentrioHost said - I will never offer SSL on LET.

Understandable

• ordered with a little help of google translate, was about 5,80 euro for 5 years wildcard cert

so took the chance, 5 mins later i got the cert..

Also dont forget to approve the cert request (mail from alpha)

• I received email from global sign about my order but I haven't received the approver email after 3 hours. Is this expected?

FWIW, I use hostmaster@mydomain for both "Faktura email" and "Email".