Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much do you pay for internet? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much do you pay for internet?

Comments

• @plumberg said:

Woah...

I pay $79.99/ month...

Feel so terrible for paying so much where everyone else seems to get cheap access. Thanks to local monopoly I do not even have a choice.

I used to feel that way, paying over $120/month for 200mbps in Arkansas, US.
    Then I was informed to ask if my local electric company to see if they have internet available.
    Turns out they did, now I pay $79.99/month for 1gbps up/down.

Then I informed my friend in Tennessee after and he checked his local electric company and they offer the same thing 1gbps, but $10 cheaper than what I got.

It seems like a lot of local electric companies in central us are offering fiber and I don't understand why they are doing this.

They don't advertise publicly either, just get it through word of mouth.

• TerranodeTerranode Member, Patron Provider

$17/monthly for 400gbps symmetrical in Ecuador

• 35€ for vdsl 100 down 40 up
    25€ for data and calls 30gb about 40 down 5 up

• xmsxms Member

@Terranode said: $17/monthly for 400gbps symmetrical in Ecuador

400gbps symmetrical :D

bro is running the internet for the whole country.

• a- $30/m. Unmetered 5G + 1G fiber.
    b- $30/m. 100G 5G + 1G fiber.

Total $60.

• 130eur per month for 50 gigabit to the home, delivered with 2x25g lines. Phone is $20/month for unlimited data. To my knowledge it is actually unlimited, pulled ~80tb while away from home once.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Beeline, Moscow, Russia
    All-in-one plan 200 TV channel, 500 Mbit up/down unmetered traffic for home internet and 35 GB mobile traffic, 300+ SMS, 500 minutes for mobile internet and calls for < 1000 Rubles (~10$) per month.

• @rustelekom said:
    Beeline, Moscow, Russia
    All-in-one plan 200 TV channel, 500 Mbit up/down unmetered traffic for home internet and 35 GB mobile traffic, 300+ SMS, 500 minutes for mobile internet and calls for < 1000 Rubles (~10$) per month.

All that for $10? Wow.

Is it considered cheap in Russia relative to the average salary?

• ~15$ 1G/1G fiber

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited February 26

Home Internet
    Optimum USA
    $30 for 300 mbps , no data cap

Home Phone — google
    $0 per month
    Mostly used for international calling

Mobile Internet — TMobile USA
    $37 for 5G no data limit 50GB Hotspot limit
    It includes device credit for iPhone 15
    The phone will be mine after 24 months

• davidedavide Member
    edited February 26

I have 8 mbps down, 4 mbps up at home on the LTE router, the cellular BTS is ~4km away. Past the router, the wifi bridge and the concrete ceilings mangle that further down. But it's good enough for youtube @ 720p, yet terrible for backups and such. It all clogs up for hours when mariadb syncs the slave.

• bootboot Member

@plumberg said:

Woah...

I pay $79.99/ month...

Feel so terrible for paying so much where everyone else seems to get cheap access. Thanks to local monopoly I do not even have a choice.

You also likely live in a country where the salaries are significantly higher than those with "cheap" (relative) access.

• edited February 26

What I am currently using:

Germany

Fiber
    Our village build their own fiber network:
    500 symmetric, unlimited bw, direct fiber connection to our router + static IP
    (experienced 1 Gbps upload at only one place lol)
    46,70€

5G
    Vodafone + special welcome offer for business owner:
    500 symmetric, unlimited bw
    11€ for 2 SIM cards, 4€ for every additional SIM (~5,50€/SIM)
    O2 (Telefonica) + unlimited data pack:
    300/50, unlimited bw
    55€ for 10 SIM cards (5,50€/SIM)

• Home internet - Gigaclear, £39 pm, 600/600, static IPv4, no IPv6
    Cell phone - 1pMobile, £10 pm, 25GB data, CGNAT IPv4, no IPv6

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

@gabydup said:

@rustelekom said:
    Beeline, Moscow, Russia

All that for $10? Wow.

Is it considered cheap in Russia relative to the average salary?

Within last year price little getting up (about 10%) https://moskva.beeline.ru/customers/domashnij-internet-tv-mobilnaya-svyaz/

It's depend from region, in Moscow it is about 50000-70000 roubles before tax (13%).

Thanked by 1gabydup
  • GhtGht Member

Up to 1 Gbit/s Download
    Up to 1 Gbit/s Upload
    59.90CHF / per month

Switzerland

• I live near Helsinki, Finland and I pay 30 euros per month for 1 Gbps down, 400 Mbps up. I reach basically full speeds or almost. I can't remember the exact type of connection since in the house I just have regular ethernet sockets where I plug my devices.

• BTW here in Finland connections with limits in traffic have stopped being a thing ages ago. Years ago broadband/high speed Internet was declared "human right" here, so you can find decent connections even in the middle of Lapland lol.

I can't believe there are still many countries with shitty speeds and even caps to the traffic!

• Local fiber provider in Brazil
    $20/month for 700Mbps Down/350Mbps Up

• 10 gbit, 25 eur/month

• @Stradale said:
    10 gbit, 25 eur/month

holy moly. where?

• $110/mo for Comcast Business 250 Mbps down/25 Mbps up.
    It sucks and Comcast sucks, no fiber in my area. :(

• 59,95 €, 250mbit down/40 mbit up, incl. Netflix and a German ppv, IPTV and landline

• @boot said:

@plumberg said:

Woah...

I pay $79.99/ month...

You also likely live in a country where the salaries are significantly higher than those with "cheap" (relative) access.

i wouldn't go that far. I know there are users here that get 10x speed at less than half of what I pay in the same country....

• 20$ for 300mbps up/down - 5TB FUP
    it also has subscription to some local ott apps

• nobizzlenobizzle Member
    edited February 26

When I was in Switzerland, the country where everything is extremely expensive, I saw an ad for 10gbit up and down for 59 CHF.

• $2 for up to 150 Mbps Unlimited 4G Mobile Internet for Home router. No caps.
    $2 per month for 350 min Nationwide and 35 Gb 4G internet. With caps.

• edited February 26

@nobizzle said:
    When I was in Switzerland, the country where everything is extremely expensive, I saw an ad for 10gbit up and down for 59 CHF.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/xsqbsu/response_to_canadas_8gbits_internet_switzerland/

25G symmetric 70usd