Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EPYC KVM Server DEAL - 8.99€/Month - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

EPYC KVM Server DEAL - 8.99€/Month

Comments

• ez87ez87 Member

@Neoon said:
    This is from right now, I guess its migration time.

What are you using for these graphs if I may ask?

• it's look good ,
    i will order and make a test

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@ez87 said:

@Neoon said:
    This is from right now, I guess its migration time.

What are you using for these graphs if I may ask?

ChartJS

Thanked by 1dev_vps
  • nice work!

• @berohost said:

@Neoon said:

@dansch said:
    What do you expect? Its a reseller from a reseller (https://prohosting24.de/). This is some Proxmox/Ceph cluster built together with Proxmox and does not work with high utilization. No reasonable provider will be able to offer these prices without overbooking, regardless of whether it is a Ceph cluster (which is naturally always slower than local storage) or local storage. At some point, the air is out.

I doubt that.

Because, https://prepaid-host.com webinterface looks 1:1 like this.
    https://roeth-und-beck.de/reselling

Guess that https://prohosting24.net/ is also buying from BeroHost, I doubt that prohosting24 and prepaid-host buying from each other.

Neither Prepaid-Host nor Prohosting24 resells from us. They are independent providers. We only use the same network upstream provider Synlinq and are located in the same data center.

I guess sell the same hardware, because the prices are almost the same. Is that a clause to use synlinq as a datacenter, or did they adviced to use their stuff and prices?

• PrepaidHostPrepaidHost Member, Patron Provider

@ascicode said:

@berohost said:

@Neoon said:

@dansch said:
    What do you expect? Its a reseller from a reseller (https://prohosting24.de/). This is some Proxmox/Ceph cluster built together with Proxmox and does not work with high utilization. No reasonable provider will be able to offer these prices without overbooking, regardless of whether it is a Ceph cluster (which is naturally always slower than local storage) or local storage. At some point, the air is out.

I doubt that.

Guess that https://prohosting24.net/ is also buying from BeroHost, I doubt that prohosting24 and prepaid-host buying from each other.

Neither Prepaid-Host nor Prohosting24 resells from us. They are independent providers. We only use the same network upstream provider Synlinq and are located in the same data center.

I guess sell the same hardware, because the prices are almost the same. Is that a clause to use synlinq as a datacenter, or did they adviced to use their stuff and prices?

We currently build AMD EYPC 7443 systems with at least 1024GB DDR4. We have our own rack space in the main cubes and can run whatever we want. The network is provided by SYNLINQ.

• CybrCybr Member

There have now been at least 5 different occurrences where my services on this host have randomly gone offline for hours and when attempting to use SSH, I got a "Remote Host Identification Has Changed" error, so the IP allocated to my server continues to be routed to someone else's server for random periods.

They eventually responded to the ticket about that issue saying they found the problem and I should "test again", but it happened again after that.

Now twice this week I found my server offline and their control panel said the status was "offline", so I had to manually start the VPS again.

Support insists they did not stop the server, and tells me I must have shut it down, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I already cancelled the second server I got from them, and seriously regret depositing a years worth of funds into my account.

I'm very understanding when it comes to issues on budget hosts, as long they make an effort to resolve the problem. It is however completely unacceptable that they refuse to believe there is an issue with their system and blame the customer.

@Cybr said:
    There have now been at least 5 different occurrences where my services on this host have randomly gone offline for hours and when attempting to use SSH, I got a "Remote Host Identification Has Changed" error, so the IP allocated to my server continues to be routed to someone else's server for random periods.

They eventually responded to the ticket about that issue saying they found the problem and I should "test again", but it happened again after that.

Now twice this week I found my server offline and their control panel said the status was "offline", so I had to manually start the VPS again.

Support insists they did not stop the server, and tells me I must have shut it down, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I already cancelled the second server I got from them, and seriously regret depositing a years worth of funds into my account.

I'm very understanding when it comes to issues on budget hosts, as long they make an effort to resolve the problem. It is however completely unacceptable that they refuse to believe there is an issue with their system and blame the customer.

I will gladly check your request. I suspect that I have processed the ticket myself. It is also important to pay attention to the requests from support and read out logs if necessary. I would be happy to check your case again.

• CybrCybr Member

@PrepaidHost said:
    I will gladly check your request. I suspect that I have processed the ticket myself. It is also important to pay attention to the requests from support and read out logs if necessary. I would be happy to check your case again.

Support said you didn't stop the server and "Check the logs on your server if necessary.", to which I responded by again making it clear again that the server was stopped by your system, not by me.

I have now added the journal log to the ticket, showing you clearly that in both cases, the journal log just randomly ends without anything being logged, because the guest was not shut down, the hypervisor just terminated it for no apparent reason.

I have had a lot of servers with many different providers for a very long time, and yours are the only ones that randomly stop themselves. Most of my servers are dedicated so I don't have to worry about issues with shared nodes. I've had a bunch of virtual servers with a few providers for many years too though, and even in the rare case where a whole node goes down, the guest at least boots back up, the server is never found stopped.

• ArkPlrArkPlr Member

Please review my ticket #11403

Thousands of wrong transactions.

Thanks.

• sivesive Member, Host Rep

@PrepaidHost said:

@lala_th said:
    No local NVME storage?

No. We rely on a CEPH cluster. For us, this has been the best decision so far in terms of availability and flexibility.

Has anyone measured storage latency for network attached block storage. I think it’s a pretty good deal if it’s connected via 100g infiniband / Ethernet and storage in the same rack. Allows them to easy avoid underprovisioning storage as they can always chuck in a new drive in cluster nodes for additional VMs.

• root@kvm7145:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2024-03-05                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed 27 Mar 2024 08:03:18 PM CET

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7443 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 6 @ 2849.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 25.4 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 295.2 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-28-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Oliver Horscht is trading as \"SYNLINQ\"
    ASN        : AS44486 Oliver Horscht is trading as \"SYNLINQ\"
    Host       : Prepaidhost
    Location   : Frankfurt am Main, Hesse (HE)
    Country    : Germany

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/sda1):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 22.26 MB/s    (5.5k) | 326.36 MB/s   (5.0k)
    Write      | 22.28 MB/s    (5.5k) | 328.07 MB/s   (5.1k)
    Total      | 44.55 MB/s   (11.1k) | 654.43 MB/s  (10.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 578.06 MB/s   (1.1k) | 619.14 MB/s    (604)
    Write      | 608.77 MB/s   (1.1k) | 660.38 MB/s    (644)
    Total      | 1.18 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.27 GB/s     (1.2k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.43 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 13.1 ms
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | busy            | busy            | 7.28 ms
    Telia           | Helsinki, FI (10G)        | 983 Mbits/sec   | busy            | --
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | 91.3 ms
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | busy            | busy            | 156 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy            | 150 ms
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy            | 81.9 ms
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | busy            | busy            | 169 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.44 Gbits/sec  | 1.40 Gbits/sec  | 11.5 ms
    Eranium         | Amsterdam, NL (10G)       | 1.48 Gbits/sec  | 1.41 Gbits/sec  | 7.43 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 238 Mbits/sec   | 1.30 Gbits/sec  | 91.2 ms
    Leaseweb        | Singapore, SG (10G)       | 278 Mbits/sec   | 1.12 Gbits/sec  | 156 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 402 Mbits/sec   | 1.18 Gbits/sec  | 149 ms
    Leaseweb        | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 277 Mbits/sec   | 1.07 Gbits/sec  | 82.1 ms
    Edgoo           | Sao Paulo, BR (1G)        | 194 Mbits/sec   | 844 Mbits/sec   | 169 ms

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1441
    Multi Core      | 5965
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/5492006

YABS completed in 20 min 36 sec

• JegarJegar Member

@berohost said:

@noisycode said:

@berohost said:

@Neoon said:

@dansch said:

I doubt that.

Would there be any offer? 😊

We are also planning offers again in March 2024.
    However, I don't think this belongs in the thread from another provider.

Where is the Offer? It is almost April 😭😭😭

• 8,99€ and it isn't even a dedi?

• I see 30% off on credit reloads. Stacked with this deal and I think this is the most attractive compute/memory biased offer out right now

• mikewazarmikewazar Member
    edited March 29
        Hallo wazar,

🐣 Frohe Ostern von Prepaid-Host! 🌷

Der Frühling ist in voller Blüte, und Ostern steht vor der Tür.Wir möchten diesen besonderen Anlass mit einem außergewöhnlichen Angebot für dich feiern.

🎉 Oster-Spezial: Sichere dir 30% mehr Guthaben! Ab Karfreitag, dem 29.03.2024 um 10 Uhr, bis zum 03.04.2024, 23:59 Uhr, erhältst du einen exklusiven 30% Aufladebonus auf jede Aufladung deines Kontos. Ja, du hast richtig gehört: 30% zusätzliches Guthaben, um deine Projekte zu unterstützen und voranzubringen.

So einfach geht's:

Logge dich in dein Prepaid-Host-Konto ein.
        Wähle den Betrag, den du aufladen möchtest.
        Der 30% Bonus wird dir automatisch gutgeschrieben!
        Nutze diese Gelegenheit, um deine Ressourcen aufzustocken und deine Projekte mit zusätzlicher Kraft in den Frühling zu starten. Ob es darum geht, deine bestehenden Projekte auszubauen oder etwas völlig Neues zu beginnen – jetzt ist der perfekte Zeitpunkt dafür.

Wir möchten diese Gelegenheit auch nutzen, um dir für dein Vertrauen und deine Treue zu danken. Deine Unterstützung inspiriert uns täglich, unser Bestes zu geben und unsere Dienste kontinuierlich zu verbessern.

🌸 Genieße die Feiertage und lass uns gemeinsam in eine erfolgreiche und blühende Zukunft starten!

Viele Grüße aus dem Solling,

Dein Prepaid-Host Team

Hello wazar,

🐣 Happy Easter from Prepaid Host! 🌷

Spring is in full bloom and Easter is just around the corner. We would like to celebrate this special occasion with an extraordinary offer for you.

🎉 Easter special: Get 30% more credit! From Good Friday, March 29th, 2024 at 10 a.m. until April 3rd, 2024, 11:59 p.m., you will receive an exclusive 30% top-up bonus on every top-up of your account. Yes, you heard right: 30% additional credit to support and advance your projects.

It's that easy:

Choose the amount you want to top up.
    The 30% bonus will be credited to you automatically!
    Use this opportunity to increase your resources and start your projects into spring with extra strength. Whether it's expanding on your existing projects or starting something completely new, now is the perfect time to do it.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust and loyalty. Your support inspires us every day to do our best and continually improve our services.

🌸 Enjoy the holidays and let's start a successful and prosperous future together!

Many greetings from Solling,

Your prepaid host team

• beenullbeenull Member
    edited March 29

SCAM! - I have tried to contact this company in many ways! When I get what I paid for, I will change my opinion. > @mikewazar said:

Hallo wazar,

🐣 Frohe Ostern von Prepaid-Host! 🌷

Der Frühling ist in voller Blüte, und Ostern steht vor der Tür.Wir möchten diesen besonderen Anlass mit einem außergewöhnlichen Angebot für dich feiern.

🎉 Oster-Spezial: Sichere dir 30% mehr Guthaben! Ab Karfreitag, dem 29.03.2024 um 10 Uhr, bis zum 03.04.2024, 23:59 Uhr, erhältst du einen exklusiven 30% Aufladebonus auf jede Aufladung deines Kontos. Ja, du hast richtig gehört: 30% zusätzliches Guthaben, um deine Projekte zu unterstützen und voranzubringen.

So einfach geht's:

Logge dich in dein Prepaid-Host-Konto ein.
        Wähle den Betrag, den du aufladen möchtest.
        Der 30% Bonus wird dir automatisch gutgeschrieben!
        Nutze diese Gelegenheit, um deine Ressourcen aufzustocken und deine Projekte mit zusätzlicher Kraft in den Frühling zu starten. Ob es darum geht, deine bestehenden Projekte auszubauen oder etwas völlig Neues zu beginnen – jetzt ist der perfekte Zeitpunkt dafür.

Wir möchten diese Gelegenheit auch nutzen, um dir für dein Vertrauen und deine Treue zu danken. Deine Unterstützung inspiriert uns täglich, unser Bestes zu geben und unsere Dienste kontinuierlich zu verbessern.

🌸 Genieße die Feiertage und lass uns gemeinsam in eine erfolgreiche und blühende Zukunft starten!

Viele Grüße aus dem Solling,

Dein Prepaid-Host Team

Hello wazar,

🐣 Happy Easter from Prepaid Host! 🌷

Spring is in full bloom and Easter is just around the corner. We would like to celebrate this special occasion with an extraordinary offer for you.

🎉 Easter special: Get 30% more credit! From Good Friday, March 29th, 2024 at 10 a.m. until April 3rd, 2024, 11:59 p.m., you will receive an exclusive 30% top-up bonus on every top-up of your account. Yes, you heard right: 30% additional credit to support and advance your projects.

It's that easy:

Choose the amount you want to top up.
    The 30% bonus will be credited to you automatically!
    Use this opportunity to increase your resources and start your projects into spring with extra strength. Whether it's expanding on your existing projects or starting something completely new, now is the perfect time to do it.

We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust and loyalty. Your support inspires us every day to do our best and continually improve our services.

🌸 Enjoy the holidays and let's start a successful and prosperous future together!

Many greetings from Solling,

Your prepaid host team

• @beenull lol did you try a ticket? I got a response in minutes

• beenullbeenull Member

@mikewazar said:
    @beenull lol did you try a ticket? I got a response in minutes

I tried - I have screenshots

• StrypStryp Member

@beenull said:

@mikewazar said:

Can you explain what happened please? I am using them since 2023 December, and it has been a GREAT experience so far. Very powerful server, professional infrastructure, 99,998% uptime in the past 90 days, and AMAZING pricing.

Thanked by 1PrepaidHost
  • beenullbeenull Member

@Stryp said:

@beenull said:

@mikewazar said:

Can you explain what happened please? I am using them since 2023 December, and it has been a GREAT experience so far. Very powerful server, professional infrastructure, 99,998% uptime in the past 90 days, and AMAZING pricing.

I'm waiting for the company owner maybe kindly contact me and maybe I'll finally get what I paid for.

• this dude sounds like the type of customer i'd blackhole support tickets from

• beenullbeenull Member

@mikewazar said:
    this dude sounds like the type of customer i'd blackhole support tickets from

I paid for a service that I did not receive, then I opened a ticket that was closed. I tried via Twitter and also no response. So how should I react? Should I buy something and if I don't receive the service, keep quiet?

@beenull said:

@mikewazar said:
    this dude sounds like the type of customer i'd blackhole support tickets from

I paid for a service that I did not receive, then I opened a ticket that was closed. I tried via Twitter and also no response. So how should I react? Should I buy something and if I don't receive the service, keep quiet?

Hello, I have looked at and checked your facts. You have not received any feedback as the ticket was closed. I have just opened it and hope to hear back.

Hello,

We have added 15 more servers.

• unholytdunholytd Member

guess i keep missing them. will keep trying

• @PrepaidHost said:
    Hello,

Is it allowed to compile some Android apps. It takes 10 min to 2 hours to build one app, and about 1~3 apps are built per day.

@noisycode said:

@PrepaidHost said:
    Hello,

Is it allowed to compile some Android apps. It takes 10 min to 2 hours to build one app, and about 1~3 apps are built per day.

I don't see any problems here.

Thanked by 1noisycode

@unholytd said:

I added 20 new Server. Good Luck!

• unholytdunholytd Member

@PrepaidHost said:

@unholytd said:

I added 20 new Server. Good Luck!

Awesome ordered one. Will wait patiently for it to be up. Thanks!