Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for email hosting with webmail capability
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for email hosting with webmail capability

LisoLiso Member

I'm looking for an email hosting that offer webmail client for a small business, currently the business consist of 55 employee and all of them expect to own an email inbox of their own (with our custom domain of course).

The email must have good deliverability rate and able to receive email seamlessly—my budget is $90 - $95 monthly, each inbox should have minimum of 5GB storage.

Before anyone mentioning MXRoute, I have tried them and encountered a problem during receiving email (see → https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191828/my-bank-cannot-send-email-to-my-mailbox-hosted-on-mxroute), @jar has explained that the fault is on bank side— I've talked to the bank and they said they did not find any problem with their setup— as email is critical part of our business, I decided to move out from MXRoute. This is in no way disrespect to them, they're great service and I used them for my personal hobbies.

Comments

• Zoho? Migadu?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 1

@Liso said: has explained that the fault is on bank side

I can't believe you're not only letting them off the hook for that, but actively changing your service provider to accommodate them. I get it, I do, but I am upset with them for being so incompetent that they lure away a customer of mine. Not being able to resolve it for you gets under my skin.

Anyway, best of luck :heart:

I highly recommend sticking with Gmail or Outlook though for working with them, because a DNS lookup failure on their server that they won't call their problem, when your domain is fine, means they're probably only going to ever troubleshoot problems reaching those providers.

Thanked by 1Smigit
  • LeviLevi Member

@jar said: letting them off the hook for that

Never piss off your bank and its IT dep. Especially when alternatives is way worse or non-existant in your country.

Side note: if you have time - contact that bank postmaster@... and sort things out. That would be pretty bad ass move and small point to your karma jar.

Thanked by 3jar Talistech host_c
  • LisoLiso Member

@Maelstrom36 said:
    Zoho? Migadu?

Zoho is $4 a month for their workplace, their cheapest mail plan is way cheaper, but I have to pay yearly in advanced, currently we can afford to pay monthly.

Our budget is ~$1.7 per mailbox per month

• LeviLevi Member

@Liso said:

@Maelstrom36 said:
    Zoho? Migadu?

Zoho is $4 a month for their workplace, their cheapest mail plan is way cheaper, but I have to pay yearly in advanced, currently we can afford to pay monthly.

Our budget is ~$1.7 per mailbox per month

Polarismail.com . Finally I got answer from their pre-sales. Damn, they are impressive.

• LisoLiso Member

@jar said:

@Liso said: has explained that the fault is on bank side

I can't believe you're not only letting them off the hook for that, but actively changing your service provider to accommodate them. I get it, I do, but I am upset with them for being so incompetent that they lure away a customer of mine. Not being able to resolve it for you gets under my skin.

Anyway, best of luck :heart:

I highly recommend sticking with Gmail or Outlook though for working with them, because a DNS lookup failure on their server that they won't call their problem, when your domain is fine, means they're probably only going to ever troubleshoot problems reaching those providers.

Yeah it's unfortunate, our company have business contract with the said bank where the communication mainly done in an email, so maintaining successful communication is a big deal for us.

I've taken a look on what the big boys are offering and the price is way too high for us, all we want is an email hosting with fair size of storage per user. We don't need calendar, zoom meeting, etc. etc.

• seenuseenu Member

did you look at mailcheap.co ?

they fit your budget too.

i wanted to try them many times but never got a chance, so i can't vouch for them.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@jar said: DNS lookup failure on their server

If this DNS lookup failure is related to the domain, then wouldn't it be the same case with any other provider? or do you mean to the MX server itself?

• I curious to know what bank your mention here, is it the blue one, or yellow, or eyebrows one?
    I have same issue with yellow one, but it totally fine on my google workplace so mostly time I just set forward email to my custom domain.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@rsk said:

If this DNS lookup failure is related to the domain, then wouldn't it be the same case with any other provider? or do you mean to the MX server itself?

Can't say for sure, just that the error returned from their server stated an unspecified DNS lookup failure. Could be at any number of points.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@jar said:

@rsk said:

Can't say for sure, just that the error returned from their server stated an unspecified DNS lookup failure. Could be at any number of points.

Ah, then it could also mean that even moving to a different provider might not get it resolved. I've had a similar issue with a local bank years ago, and it always failed to deliver to my domain irrespective of the MX. Literally, had to walk to the bank and fill up forms to get my email address updated in the system to my gmail one. That took a good week or two... #goals /s

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

Our Cloud plans are perfect for your budget.

Btw, the non-existent sender domain check is performed by our gateway too.
    But with Cloud/Dedicated server, you can open a support ticket and have the check removed.

PM me for a discount code :smile:

Pavin.

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@seenu said:

i wanted to try them many times but never got a chance, so i can't vouch for them.

I've used them on and off for a while for personal domains and they work great. Been thinking of moving over from Fastmail, but I do enjoy the webmail from FM.

Would definitely recommend @mailcheap though, solid service.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@iKeyZ said:
    I've used them on and off for a while for personal domains and they work great. Been thinking of moving over from Fastmail, but I do enjoy the webmail from FM.

Thank you very much for the feedback :smile:

In-house webmail is still a ways away. Have to implement JMAP and API endpoint for sending emails first but it's already on the roadmap :wink:

Pavin.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@mailcheap said:

@iKeyZ said:

Thank you very much for the feedback :smile:

In-house webmail is still a ways away. Have to implement JMAP and API endpoint for sending emails first but it's already on the roadmap :wink:

Pavin.

Great to hear it's on the roadmap! :smile:

• eriseris Member

Openprovider also offers since a few months email hosting

https://www.openprovider.com/products/business-email-solution

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

@Liso said:
    I'm looking for an email hosting that offer webmail client for a small business, currently the business consist of 55 employee and all of them expect to own an email inbox of their own (with our custom domain of course).

The email must have good deliverability rate and able to receive email seamlessly—my budget is $90 - $95 monthly, each inbox should have minimum of 5GB storage.

Before anyone mentioning MXRoute, I have tried them and encountered a problem during receiving email (see → https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/191828/my-bank-cannot-send-email-to-my-mailbox-hosted-on-mxroute), @jar has explained that the fault is on bank side— I've talked to the bank and they said they did not find any problem with their setup— as email is critical part of our business, I decided to move out from MXRoute. This is in no way disrespect to them, they're great service and I used them for my personal hobbies.

@Liso

We are able to provide you with up to 10GB Mailboxes for all of your users.

we have the systems in place to migrate your current users over to us.

we can put together a bespoke plan as its a bit out of the ordinary on mailboxes sizes, we do have a handful of medium to large businesses with 100+ Mailboxes.

Drop us a DM to discuss please

• winerwiner Member

i may offer webmail and email

• mgcAnamgcAna Member, Host Rep

I would suggest to go for self hosted solution with thirdparty outbound service.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Self hosted mail on vps or dedicated server

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Self-hosted is your best:

You would need the bare min of these things:

Pro VPS plan: https://oplink.net/vps/ +$19.95/mo and 4.95 setup
    Cpanel WHM https://cpanel.net/pricing/ $17.49/mo
    Spam Filtering 1 domain +10/mo

Email us [email protected]

Thanks,
    Ryan

• jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited February 2

@Liso said: Our budget is ~$1.7 per mailbox per month

If you don't want to self-host, and you can't use MXRoute for whatever reason, other affordable options include something like Runbox or Thexyz.

https://runbox.com/price-plans/

https://www.thexyz.com/

Runbox offers sub-accounts, and so you buy one main account for admin, then buy sub-accounts at $14.95 per year for 10GB space for each sub-account... that's well under your $1.7 per month budget, but it's yearly, so it's a lot of money up front for 50+ sub-accounts. They have been around for many years and have a good reputation, based out of Norway. They have their own in-house webmail app which you may like or maybe you'll hate it. They do have a fairly mature beta for a new webmail system, but again, you may not like it.

As for Thexyz -- they have multiple email platforms and they seem like nice guys. Look at their Roundcube hosting or maybe their SOGo platform hosting. Their Roundcube hosting looks like it is close to your budget... so you could get their 100GB plan for $30 per month and then add storage in 20GB chunks for $12.50... so if my math is correct, that's less than your $95 per month budget and would get you about 200GB of storage, pretty close to what you said you need. (Or just buy 2X or 3X of their 100GB plans...)

Good luck!

EDIT: I'm sure you know this, but it's worth reiterating, that you should thoroughly test whatever platform you use... it could be that Runbox or Thexyz (or self-hosting or any other service) will not be ideal options for you. Test, test, and more testing... especially for critical business mail. Your budget is very tight IMO for that... I think if you consider expanding your budget, you can get into some big providers as has been mentioned, which might be worth the extra money, since your bank may only want to deal with the "big" providers.... Again, good luck!

• LisoLiso Member

Thank you all for your speedy reply. I have purchased @mailcheap service for this purpose, hope this is working out for us.

Thanked by 2mailcheap iKeyZ
  • kdjmakdjma Member

@eris said:

it says 0.7 per month for 15gb, do you know if that's per mailbox or can that storage be pooled across multiple mailboxes?

• @seenu said:

Their pricing scheme seems a bit complicated.

Thanked by 1seenu
  • eriseris Member
    edited February 2

@kdjma said:

@eris said:

it says 0.7 per month for 15gb, do you know if that's per mailbox or can that storage be pooled across multiple mailboxes?

Have no idea ... Don't use it my self

I would assume 70 cents / mailbox + 25 cents/ 5 gb over usage ..

Thanked by 1kdjma
  • eriseris Member

@eris said:

@kdjma said:

@eris said:

Have no idea ... Don't use it my self

• Why you don't take a VPS with enough space and then install Virtualmin with Roundcube, then you run your own mailserver it will be much cheaper and really easy to install yourself.

• https://www.larksuite.com/

Lark's parent company is ByteDance,They are a big company offering services similar to the likes of Google and Microsoft.

Check out their pro version, the section on mailboxes has a great plan.

• @eris said:

Where is their detailed pricing for email hosting?

Can you sign up for one mailbox at $0.70/month?