Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoro.eu changed VPS portfolio - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoro.eu changed VPS portfolio

Comments

• nick_nick_ Member

Oh nice! So excited to hear you're expanding to the US.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@nick_ said:

Yes, we have many inquiries about the USA and already visited data centers in Los Angeles and Reno (Nevada) a few years ago, slowly it's time to expand our backbone to the USA, the PNI's we are building in Frankfurt alone have a total capacity of over 1 TBit/s + transit to continue to be able to filter all possible attacks that anyone can think of :)

• @PHP_Friends said:

@nick_ said:

Yes, we have many inquiries about the USA and already visited data centers in Los Angeles and Reno (Nevada) a few years ago, slowly it's time to expand our backbone to the USA, the PNI's we are building in Frankfurt alone have a total capacity of over 1 TBit/s + transit to continue to be able to filter all possible attacks that anyone can think of :)

Makes me excited 😆 Come on Tim, give us some hints the initial plans for DC's where US will be hosted!

• @WhiteRoseG said:

@OhJohn said:

@amarc said: I can buy dedicated 5950 from Hetzner with 2x3.84NVMe's + Mcdonalds meal for tech in charge of setup for that money

And I would always recommend that solution (minus the McD part, get him some real food).

But if you don't need that much space and want the core speed, a Ryzen VPS with 4 cores, 16GB RAM and 350GB disk space comes at €30 incl. VAT, you won't get this at Hetzner with their dedis.

I have a Ryzen 3700X with 2x 1tb SSD for €32 with Heyzner

how? was it in stock? still available?

• @aryanraj said:

@WhiteRoseG said:

@OhJohn said:

@amarc said: I can buy dedicated 5950 from Hetzner with 2x3.84NVMe's + Mcdonalds meal for tech in charge of setup for that money

And I would always recommend that solution (minus the McD part, get him some real food).

But if you don't need that much space and want the core speed, a Ryzen VPS with 4 cores, 16GB RAM and 350GB disk space comes at €30 incl. VAT, you won't get this at Hetzner with their dedis.

I have a Ryzen 3700X with 2x 1tb SSD for €32 with Heyzner

how? was it in stock? still available?

It's now 42 in auction

• @PHP_Friends @Avoro Any plan of restocking Ryzen Root Servers?

• ehabehab Member

@remy said:
    I've ordered the 6-core ryzen server.

Ordered to run part of my development environment.
    My laptop doesn't have enough RAM to run all the components of a project I'm working on. Especially with the debugging tools.

At least I'm going to try and work like this until I buy a new laptop because the memory isn't expandable.
    So I'll provide feedback soon once I've tested it.
    And it'll be a good test because I'll be working at least 8 hours a day with it.

are cores dedicated ?

• remyremy Member

@ehab said:

@remy said:
    I've ordered the 6-core ryzen server.

Ordered to run part of my development environment.
    My laptop doesn't have enough RAM to run all the components of a project I'm working on. Especially with the debugging tools.

At least I'm going to try and work like this until I buy a new laptop because the memory isn't expandable.
    So I'll provide feedback soon once I've tested it.
    And it'll be a good test because I'll be working at least 8 hours a day with it.

are cores dedicated ?

Yes. Advertised like that.
    Performance was very stable.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @noisycode said:
    @PHP_Friends @Avoro Any plan of restocking Ryzen Root Servers?

I am trying to remember their pricing and specs but they aren't in web archives.

@noisycode said:
    @PHP_Friends @Avoro Any plan of restocking Ryzen Root Servers?

Yes, we have 2-3 available via support right now :)

Thanked by 1noisycode
  • What is the relationship between Avoro.eu and PHP_Friends? Why does it feel like they are the same company?

• @affordcloud said:
    What is the relationship between Avoro.eu and PHP_Friends? Why does it feel like they are the same company?

Because they're same company. The difference was PHP-Friends is contract based while Avoro is prepaid based

• 10 Gbit/s shared
    I wonder how many of EPYC ROOT SERVER I can use?

• @PHP_Friends are the avoro servers still in frankfurt or moved to düsseldorf?

• @hyperblast said:
    @PHP_Friends are the avoro servers still in frankfurt or moved to düsseldorf?

Still in Maincubes in Frankfurt afaik

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • That’s also said on the website https://avoro.eu/de/unternehmen/datacenter/

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • ip check says düsseldorf.

• @hyperblast said:
    ip check says düsseldorf.

IP geolocation is often not accurate, maybe the addresses are new and the data is not yet updated

@hyperblast said:
    @PHP_Friends are the avoro servers still in frankfurt or moved to düsseldorf?

maincubes FRA01

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@ascicode said:
    which of this 3 offers would you recommend? Or wait for php-friends deals?

Hard to sensibly answer as those, pardon me, idiots only specified the Ryzen model. For the XEON and the EPYC model however only "XEON" and "EPYC" is specified.

No clear model spec - no deal, thanks no.

• @jsg said:

@ascicode said:

Hard to sensibly answer as those, pardon me, idiots only specified the Ryzen model. For the XEON and the EPYC model however only "XEON" and "EPYC" is specified.

14 days return policy. If it does not meet your requirements, return it. Where is the problem? Apart from that, there are enough yabs to find out which CPU is being used.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited February 21

@fendix said:

@jsg said:

@ascicode said:

14 days return policy. If it does not meet your requirements, return it. Where is the problem? Apart from that, there are enough yabs to find out which CPU is being used.

(a) that's not the point, at least not mine. I expect a provider to give complete basic info in an offer and the CPU model or at the very least class (e.g. 'E5 v4') certainly is a part of basic info.

(b) sure, provide one's PI to yet another party which may or may not be careless with it, just to find out what they actually sell.

(c) pardon me but I find (certainly not only) your attitude bewildering and dumb. Hell, one should be able to expect a provider to properly specify what they want to sell.

(d) it often is not even about selling or not selling this or that product but about gaining a new customer.

• @jsg said:

@fendix said:

@jsg said:

@ascicode said:

(a) that's not the point, at least not mine. I expect a provider to give complete basic info in an offer and the CPU model or at the very least class (e.g. 'E5 v4') certainly is a part of basic info.

(b) sure, provide one's PI to yet another party which may or may not be careless with it, just to find out what they actually sell.

(c) pardon me but I find (certainly not only) your attitude bewildering and dumb. Hell, one should be able to expect a provider to properly specify what they want to sell.

(d) it often is not even about selling or not selling this or that product but about gaining a new customer.

Tech goes fast maybe they don't use the same hardware everytime

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • Do you offer an API? @PHP_Friends

@BilohBucks said:
    Do you offer an API? @PHP_Friends

Not yet, but soon

Thanked by 2BilohBucks lukast__
  • @WhiteRoseG said: Tech goes fast maybe they don't use the same hardware everytime

Then you list XXX* [*] or better. or 5 different CPUs - still better info than just "XEON".
    I could understand things like that when you buy 1CPU/1GB VPS that you know it's limited, by default... but when going for 10 dedizierte CPU-Kerne your expectations are totally different.

@JabJab said:

@WhiteRoseG said: Tech goes fast maybe they don't use the same hardware everytime

Then you list XXX* [*] or better. or 5 different CPUs - still better info than just "XEON".
    I could understand things like that when you buy 1CPU/1GB VPS that you know it's limited, by default... but when going for 10 dedizierte CPU-Kerne your expectations are totally different.

To end the discussion (at least here):

VPS: Intel Xeon E5-2680 v4
    Epyc Rootserver: AMD Epyc 7452, AMD Epyc 7513, AMD Epyc 7763 (coming soon Genoa)

Thanked by 2lukast__ jsg
  • @PHP_Friends said:

@BilohBucks said:

Not yet, but soon

Thanks for reply! Good to hear that :) Would it be released in next 2-3 months or you think it would be faster?

@BilohBucks said:

@PHP_Friends said:

@BilohBucks said:

Not yet, but soon

Thanks for reply! Good to hear that :) Would it be released in next 2-3 months or you think it would be faster?

2-3 months is a good amount of time and is definitely a high priority.

Thanked by 1BilohBucks
  • @jsg said:

@ascicode said:

CPU models (except the Xeon) are listed on the same page the price is, not that hard to find.