Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Avoro.eu changed VPS portfolio
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Avoro.eu changed VPS portfolio

Due to known changes in their VPS range, there's more CPUs to choose from.

5,50€ / Month
Intel Xeon
4 shared Cores
8 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
80 GB NVMe (HA-Ceph)
10 Gbit/s shared
1x IPv4 & 1x IPv6 /64 Netz

11,50€ / Month
Intel Xeon
6 shared Cores
16 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
160 GB NVMe (HA-Ceph)
10 Gbit/s shared
https://avoro.eu/en/vps/

9,00€ / Month
AMD EPYC
4 dedicated Cores
8 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
160 GB NVMe-SSD
10 Gbit/s shared
https://avoro.eu/en/rootserver/

14,99€ / Month
AMD Ryzen 3970X
3,7 GHz / 4,5 GHz Turbo
4 dedizierte CPU-Kerne
16 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
ab 50 GB NVMe Speicher
10 Gbit/s shared
https://avoro.eu/en/ryzen-rootserver/

Will there be some changes on @PHP_Friends too?

Thanked by 1hyperblast

Comments

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Yes, same products will be coming to PHP-Friends.

Thanked by 1loay
  • LeviLevi Member

@PHP_Friends said:

Do you have some Intel Platinum in VPS range?

@Levi said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Do you have some Intel Platinum in VPS range?

Nope, only Xeon, AMD Epyc and Ryzen Threadripper

• amarcamarc Veteran

Ryzen looks like it makes no sense. Ryzen M vs. Rootserver (Epyc) M for about same price for example. Sure, better clock speed (it's still shared environment) and 4GB more RAM for 2EUR more but only 50GB vs 320 GB disk space

• @amarc said:
    Ryzen looks like it makes no sense. Ryzen M vs. Rootserver (Epyc) M for about same price for example. Sure, better clock speed (it's still shared environment) and 4GB more RAM for 2EUR more but only 50GB vs 320 GB disk space

Yeah i also noticed this, some clearfication ?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited January 10

What clarification do you guys need?
    Ryzen is faster, but it's desktop CPU and different number of PCI lanes/NVMes so you can't pack that many dicks GB.
    Epyc is server grade so you can throw shit ton of RAM/SSD, but CPU is slower.

Some people prefer CPU, some people prefer RAM - if you think EPYC is your deal then you buy EPYC. If you host gameserver and you need that single core speed (and don't need that much dicks) you buy Ryzen.

• @JabJab said:
    Ryzen is faster, but it's desktop CPU and different number of PCI lanes/NVMes so you can't pack that many dicks GB.

Some people prefer CPU, some people prefer RAM - if you think EPYC is your deal then you buy EPYC. If you host gameserver and you need that single core speed (and don't need that much dicks) you buy Ryzen.

And the storage what is difference ?

• @JabJab said:

That's a wrong hole to put that many di*ks GB (Giant Breed?).

Thanked by 2lewellyn PineappleM
  • amarcamarc Veteran

Yeah.. but again: what am I going to do with 20GB RAM and only 50GB disk ? Not hosting for sure. If use case is RAM + CPU only than OK (some video rendering, crypto crap, maybe some sort of (no)SQL test bed)

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • emghemgh Member

@amarc said:
    Yeah.. but again: what am I going to do with 20GB RAM and only 50GB disk ? Not hosting for sure. If use case is RAM + CPU only than OK (some video rendering, crypto crap, maybe some sort of (no)SQL test bed)

Any database with lookups requring heavily cached tables?

Thanked by 1host_c
  • OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited January 10

@amarc said: Yeah.. but again: what am I going to do with 20GB RAM and only 50GB disk ? Not hosting for sure. If use case is RAM + CPU only than OK (some video rendering, crypto crap, maybe some sort of (no)SQL test bed)

I see the ryzen offers with e.g. 16GB RAM and 4 cores (or 20GB RAM and 6 cores at the Ryzen M) plus 50GB upto 2TB of SSD space. You can choose the size of ssd space while ordering (at extra prices for sure).

(They did not translate the "ab", meaning "from" in that short list).

• @amarc
    However, disks can be allocated for an additional fee.

For example, a 2 TB SSD can be added for 95 euros.

What will be the discount on contracted php-friends? :) (They said the packages would be updated in January.)

• amarcamarc Veteran

@tra10000 said: 2 TB SSD can be added for 95 euros.

I can buy dedicated 5950 from Hetzner with 2x3.84NVMe's + Mcdonalds meal for tech in charge of setup for that money

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited January 10

@amarc said: I can buy dedicated 5950 from Hetzner with 2x3.84NVMe's + Mcdonalds meal for tech in charge of setup for that money

And I would always recommend that solution (minus the McD part, get him some real food).

But if you don't need that much space and want the core speed, a Ryzen VPS with 4 cores, 16GB RAM and 350GB disk space comes at €30 incl. VAT, you won't get this at Hetzner with their dedis.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • @amarc said:

I can buy dedicated 5950 from Hetzner with 2x3.84NVMe's + Mcdonalds meal for tech in charge of setup for that money

So can you buy Ryzen with a 50 GB disk from Hetzner? :) That's the difference.

• @tra10000 said:
    @amarc

What will be the discount on contracted php-friends? :) (They said the packages would be updated in January.)

50GB addon costs 3€ a month for xeon/epyc, but ryzen 2.50€
    Between rooterserver s and rootserver m you pay double, but get less cores. Same for xeon.

• @ascicode said:

@tra10000 said:
    @amarc

Between rooterserver s and rootserver m you pay double, but get less cores. Same for xeon.

These are Avoro prices. I'm curious about contracted php-friends.de prices.

Also Hetzner cloud additional 50 GB SSD block storage 2.20 euros

• More storage or cheaper storage in the basic model would be great.

• @fendix said:
    More storage or cheaper storage in the basic model would be great.

Yes 640 GB SSD / 18.52 Euro Netcup series is awesome

• @amarc said:

Exactly

• WhiteRoseGWhiteRoseG Member
    edited January 10

@OhJohn said:

@amarc said: I can buy dedicated 5950 from Hetzner with 2x3.84NVMe's + Mcdonalds meal for tech in charge of setup for that money

And I would always recommend that solution (minus the McD part, get him some real food).

But if you don't need that much space and want the core speed, a Ryzen VPS with 4 cores, 16GB RAM and 350GB disk space comes at €30 incl. VAT, you won't get this at Hetzner with their dedis.

I have a Ryzen 3700X with 2x 1tb SSD for €32 with Heyzner

@amarc said:

Certainly without a highly available 3-fold redundant Ceph-Cluser. Not everything is always comparable. We put a lot of money into this, especially to protect our customers, and we can't give it away for a few cents and end up doing the deadpool. In the end, we also have to pay for a lot of space, electricity and employees to be able to offer a good service for every customer.

In the end, our Ryzen servers (6 host systems at the beginning) were almost completely sold out within a few days, so we have already had to deactivate the large products. We still have one system for a few virtual servers on our Epycs, and the VPS still have a little more resources (around 18 nodes).

We don't want to say anything about the PHP-Friends products yet, but I think you will notice that. We are currently still in the process of developing and planning further features for our interface, many of the advanced features, after our Black-Friday Sale, are already deployed :)

We are also planning a massive expansion of our network, we don't want to reveal too much about that either, but there will certainly be some improvements, in fact we are building some PNI's with a total capacity of over 1 TBit/s, from Amazon AWS, to Google, to Cloudflare and other providers.

• amarcamarc Veteran

My intentions were not to make you look bad at all and I do not assume you are "less premium" :smile:

Only thing that bothers me is RAM to Disk ratio.

Because, I am certain, majority of people that will use "some video rendering, crypto crap, maybe some sort of (no)SQL test bed" will use dedicated hardware and 99% of people interested in your product(s) as pure VPS would want to drop cPanel/Plesk/Whatever and host websites :smile:

• Me neither your products and quality is awesome !

• which of this 3 offers would you recommend? Or wait for php-friends deals?

• @ascicode said:
    which of this 3 offers would you recommend? Or wait for php-friends deals?

What will you use it for?

If what you're looking for is a blazing fast drive, the answer is none. These offer mid-range read and write speeds.

Looking for more mid-speed but reliable storage? The answer is all. Because it uses the same ceph system.

Will you be hosting multiple cache-accelerated WordPress sites? Answer: 11.50€ Intel

Are you looking for a well-optimized email and website hosting server with lower RAM requirements? The answer is 9€ Epyc

I have no idea about other works. Ryzen and low-spec Intel can be chosen.

• @amarc said:

use the 20gb ram as disk.

• @ascicode said:

@tra10000 said:
    @amarc

That sounds completely understandable.

i always do it that way, i go to work later and go home earlier. now my boss has said i have 100 minus hours... hmm

• @hyperblast said:

@ascicode said:

@tra10000 said:
    @amarc

That sounds completely understandable.

i always do it that way, i go to work later and go home earlier. now my boss has said i have 100 minus hours... hmm

Iam not going at all.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • remyremy Member
    edited January 12

I've ordered the 6-core ryzen server.

Ordered to run part of my development environment.
    My laptop doesn't have enough RAM to run all the components of a project I'm working on. Especially with the debugging tools.

At least I'm going to try and work like this until I buy a new laptop because the memory isn't expandable.
    So I'll provide feedback soon once I've tested it.
    And it'll be a good test because I'll be working at least 8 hours a day with it.