Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[HAPPY NEW YEAR] Premium Webhosting - 5GB SSD - Unmetered options - Instant Setup - €2/y! - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[HAPPY NEW YEAR] Premium Webhosting - 5GB SSD - Unmetered options - Instant Setup - €2/y!

Comments

• kvz12kvz12 Member

Still no IPv6, ticket is still open

• amjamj Member

I could not find IPv6 address on DirectAdmin but they told me the IPv6 address just 4 minutes after I opened the ticket.

• @amj said:
    I could not find IPv6 address on DirectAdmin but they told me the IPv6 address just 4 minutes after I opened the ticket.

That's very interesting. I had to wait 3 and a half days for a response saying "we'll look into it", still unresolved.

BTW, I hope you are on a different server - my host machine has an IPv6 address configured (which I was able to find myself), but just no IPv6 routing at all.

Anyway, just put in a ticket now for a refund, as with that level of support (where advertised features are not working and after 5 days there is no indication of when they might eventually be working), it's unusable for anything else than idling.

• @cmeerw said:

@amj said:

That's very interesting. I had to wait 3 and a half days for a response saying "we'll look into it", still unresolved.

BTW, I hope you are on a different server - my host machine has an IPv6 address configured (which I was able to find myself), but just no IPv6 routing at all.

Anyway, just put in a ticket now for a refund, as with that level of support (where advertised features are not working and after 5 days there is no indication of when they might eventually be working), it's unusable for anything else than idling.

Using cloud flare would not fix this easily?

• @GhostMaster said:

@cmeerw said:

@amj said:

Using cloud flare would not fix this easily?

No, that would at best be a workaround.

But seriously, what would be wrong with making sure advertised features actually work so they don't just waste everyone's time?

• @cmeerw said: it's unusable for anything else than idling.

Really so bad? :neutral:

• GhostMasterGhostMaster Member
    edited January 15

@moodwriter said:

@cmeerw said: it's unusable for anything else than idling.

I don't agree with that, the server is good and fast. I think some people tend to overreact. Nothing is perfect and for 2€ I wouldn't expect miracles but so far it's quite good for the price. Tickets are answered in some hours even ok weekends. No complaints from me.

• cnamecname Member
    edited January 15

Invoice 2058661

Double whatever you're offering.

Thank you :)

• @GhostMaster said:

@moodwriter said:

I don't agree with that, the server is good and fast. I think some people tend to overreact. Nothing is perfect and for 2€ I wouldn't expect miracles but so far it's quite good for the price. Tickets are answered in some hours even ok weekends. No complaints from me.

That's true. Some individuals expect super extra mega dedicated server performance and specs for just 2 bucks per year.

I've bought few reseller plans with that amazing coupon and the services are awesome for 2E/y.

Thanked by 2VPSSLIM DataRecovery
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Host Rep, Veteran

@lovelyserver said:

@GhostMaster said:

@moodwriter said:

That's true. Some individuals expect super extra mega dedicated server performance and specs for just 2 bucks per year.

I've bought few reseller plans with that amazing coupon and the services are awesome for 2E/y.

Thanks for the kind words. We can't please everyone unfortunately.

We expect the ipv6 issue to be fixed within the next day.

• @VPSSLIM said:

@lovelyserver said:

@GhostMaster said:

@moodwriter said:

Thanks for the kind words. We can't please everyone unfortunately.

We expect the ipv6 issue to be fixed within the next day.

ipv6 fixing is great news. keep the good work.

• @GhostMaster said:

@moodwriter said:

I am not expecting miracles either, and I don't disagree that it might be quite good for the price, if it covers your requirements. In my case it sadly doesn't cover one vital requirement (and sure, you might disagree about my set of requirements and priorities here, but the requirement was clearly advertised as being supported), so it doesn't really matter what else it does. Anyway, end of rant.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • cdqcdq Member

Invoice #2058715
    Order Number: 1936629983
    Whatever you offer, double it.
    thank you

• your offer is very tempting, y'know

• DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited January 17

@cmeerw said:
    there is no IPv6 yet (at least on the host machine I am on) - well, it has an IPv6 address configured, but there is no routing set up for IPv6 (ticket has been raised yesterday evening, still waiting for a reply...)

@kvz12 said:

@cmeerw said:
    just put in a ticket now for a refund, as with that level of support (where advertised features are not working and after 5 days there is no indication of when they might eventually be working), it's unusable for anything else than idling.

Guys, please stop this shame.
    You bought a $2 per year (!!) package and the first thing you do is opening tickets, demand an immediate answer, and complain publicly? Really?!

This is exactly the reason why more and more providers avoid super offers like this.

@jar stopped offering his famous $5/year plan in 2018 for the same reason.

You want stellar support? Buy a "conventional" package for $5-6 per month.
    Want the support going extra mile for you? Buy some managed hosting for $15-30 a month.
    But not a $2/year flash sale targeted at enthusiasts.

@lovelyserver said:

@GhostMaster said:
    I don't agree with that, the server is good and fast. I think some people tend to overreact. Nothing is perfect and for 2€ I wouldn't expect miracles

I second this.
    I bought one (my conscience wouldn't let to abuse the offer further :) ) and managed to have only a very quick look, but everything looks good so far.

• @VPSSLIM GOt this on the last day. BTW, had provided a temporary domain while registering. Now, have opened a ticket (#187793) today to change the primary domain to the one I bought today. Any ETA on how much time this would take would be helpful.

Please don't think I am being impatient. I just wanna know so that I could plan things accordingly. Haven't used the hosting yet, but, the control panel itself feels faster and more responsive. Hoping for the best.

• DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited January 17

@noob404 said:
    opened a ticket (#187793) today to change the primary domain to the one I bought today. Any ETA on how much time this would take would be helpful.

IIRC, you can change the primary domain yourself in DirectAdmin.
    Just add it, then there will be something like "Make primary" button somewhere.

Never tested this feature myself though.

I have few shared hosting plans, where primary domain is real and I own it, but that domain is completely idle and has no nameservers set.
    Everything's fine for years both for cPanel and DirectAdmin packages.

Thanked by 1noob404
  • @DataRecovery said:

@noob404 said:
    opened a ticket (#187793) today to change the primary domain to the one I bought today. Any ETA on how much time this would take would be helpful.

IIRC, you can change the primary domain yourself in DirectAdmin.
    Just add it, then there will be something like "Make primary" button somewhere.

Never tested this feature myself though.

I have few shared hosting plans, where primary domain is real and I own it, but that domain is completely idle and has no nameservers set.
    Everything's fine for years both for cPanel and DirectAdmin packages.

Thanks for that. Was able to get it set on DirectAdmin and also deleted the temporary domain. But, as expected, this change doesn't reflect on the user panel, I am guessing WHMCS.

• @DataRecovery said: Guys, please stop this shame.
    You bought a $2 per year (!!) package and the first thing you do is opening tickets, demand an immediate answer, and complain publicly? Really?!

I bought something, opened a ticket because an advertised feature wasn't working, waited 5 days and then wondered publicly what's the story here.

I am sorry, but even if it is cheap, it should work as advertised and "5 days" is hardly immediate.

• kvz12kvz12 Member
    edited January 17

@DataRecovery said:

@cmeerw said:
    there is no IPv6 yet (at least on the host machine I am on) - well, it has an IPv6 address configured, but there is no routing set up for IPv6 (ticket has been raised yesterday evening, still waiting for a reply...)

@kvz12 said:

@cmeerw said:
    just put in a ticket now for a refund, as with that level of support (where advertised features are not working and after 5 days there is no indication of when they might eventually be working), it's unusable for anything else than idling.

This is exactly the reason why more and more providers avoid super offers like this.

Want the support going extra mile for you? Buy some managed hosting for $15-30 a month.

@lovelyserver said:

@GhostMaster said:
    I don't agree with that, the server is good and fast. I think some people tend to overreact. Nothing is perfect and for 2€ I wouldn't expect miracles

I second this.
    I bought one (my conscience wouldn't let to abuse the offer further :) ) and managed to have only a very quick look, but everything looks good so far.

I am struggling to understand how waiting 10 days+ with no clear answer given is "demanding an immediate answer". Regardless of the price paid, if a feature is advertised as included, it should be included. I am not expecting stellar support, but I do expect some sort of usable answer provided in that timeframe.

"This is exactly the reason why more and more providers avoid super offers like this."

No, it's because they are normally uneconomical. My shared hosting package from @labze has been fantastic and support has been great, even though that too cost a similar price to this.

Thanked by 1cmeerw
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@DataRecovery said:

@cmeerw said:

@kvz12 said:

@cmeerw said:

@lovelyserver said:

@GhostMaster said:

I second this.

The less they pay the more they want. Get a customer who pays you $50,000/m and you’ll never hear from them.

• @jar said: The less they pay the more they want. Get a customer who pays you $50,000/m and you’ll never hear from them.

...and a couple of days later, boom, business expands and another $50,000 hits the account.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@noisycode said:

@jar said: The less they pay the more they want. Get a customer who pays you $50,000/m and you’ll never hear from them.

...and a couple of days later, boom, business expands and another $50,000 hits the account.

50,000 Venezuelan Bolívares.

• I have spent whole day on hosting Nodejs app. Who would like to share some experience.
    Thank you.

• The nginx UNIT with nodejs express template has wrong loader. The correct version is:
    {
    "type": "external",
    "processes": {
    "spare": 0
    },
    "limits": {
    "requests": 1000,
    "timeout": 300
    },
    "working_directory": "/home/xxxx/domains/111012.xyz/APPDIR",
    "executable": "/usr/bin/env",
    "arguments": [
    "node",
    "--loader",
    "/home/xxxx/domains/xxxx/APPDIR/node_modules/unit-http/loader.mjs",
    "--require",
    "/home/xxxx/domains/xxxx/APPDIR/node_modules/unit-http/loader",
    "app.js"
    ]
    }

and we need install unit-http package at the APPDIR.
    the express framework will work as expected. But I still get fail on working websocket.

I have to ask @VPSSLIM for help to add configuration in apache vhost.
    So I create a ticket in the DA panel ,Hope it will get reply by someone. :D

• leyunleyun Member

The website and control panel on the hosting seem to be inaccessible

• ThomasTThomasT Member

@leyun said:
    The website and control panel on the hosting seem to be inaccessible

Yep, been down for about two hours now.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Host Rep, Veteran

This was solved

• ThomasTThomasT Member

@VPSSLIM said:
    This was solved