Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email Hosting Providers Comparison - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Email Hosting Providers Comparison

Comments

• jlet88jlet88 Member
    edited January 6

@hyperblast said: no. please respect that. mumbly, i send my knowledge in trust because i like and trust him.

Sure, do whatever you want, I'm not trying to put pressure on you, but if there was actual evidence of a real problem with a provider, surely you'd want to know about it, right?

Other people can judge for themselves how bad the situation is, that would be appreciated by plenty of people. If you don't want to share your info, that's your choice, of course, no pressure, but what you're doing is implying wrongdoing or problems with a provider without providing anything to back it up... which means that it has no real value and is just hearsay.

Nothing against you, and again, no pressure on you, but if you have something bad to say about a provider but you want to keep that private, then don't post that you have something bad to say about a provider and then NOT post factual evidence backing that up. Again, no offense intended.

• @jlet88 said:

@hyperblast said: no. please respect that. mumbly, i send my knowledge in trust because i like and trust him.

Sure, do whatever you want, I'm not trying to put pressure on you, but if there was actual evidence of a real problem with a provider, surely you'd want to know about it, right?

Other people can judge for themselves how bad the situation is, that would be appreciated by plenty of people. If you don't want to share your info, that's your choice, of course, no pressure, but what you're doing is implying wrongdoing or problems with a provider without providing anything to back it up... which means that it has no real value and is just hearsay.

Nothing against you, and again, no pressure on you, but if you have something bad to say about a provider but you want to keep that private, then don't post that you have something bad to say about a provider and then NOT post factual evidence backing that up. Again, no offense intended.

i understand your point of view and respect it.

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@JosephF We have an obviously biased comparison page here:
    https://www.mailcheap.co/comparison.html

Non-exhaustive list of features:
    https://www.mailcheap.co/features.html

Pavin.

Thanked by 1JosephF
  • MMMMMMMMMMMM Member
    edited January 7

larksuite.com

Free plan (50 users).
    By Bytedance (TikTok), so who knows what's happening behind the scenes.

Third party email client needs to create dedicated password (obtained by installing their software first, then generate password)

• @Wise said:
    What are people using to resell white label email solutions to clients? I know of Mxroute which is popular and low cost, any others?

I'm also interested in this.

It looks like Tuta's Unlimited package offers this as well as Infomaniak's kSuite Entreprise package. Are there others besides these 2 and MXRoute?

• I'm using Rackspace email services for many years. So far so good.

• @Greyhound said:
    I'm using Rackspace email services for many years. So far so good.

What is the pricing at Rackspace?

• @JosephF said:

@Greyhound said:

What is the pricing at Rackspace?

Used to be $2/m per user but they raised a little bit in the past few years.

• Low budget, no brainer: mxroute
    • High-limit budget: Google
    • Company use: Outlook
    • Flexiable: self-host mailcow + third-party delivery.
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@emgh said:
    iCloud with custom domains

$0.99/mo

I also like Microsoft Outlook with 50Gb size storage for emails and decent webmail interface

• @WebProject said:

@emgh said:

$0.99/mo

I also like Microsoft Outlook with 50Gb size storage for emails and decent webmail interface

Does Outlook allow you to use your domain for multiple mailboxes?

• @4pple5auc3 said:

@Wise said:
    What are people using to resell white label email solutions to clients? I know of Mxroute which is popular and low cost, any others?

I'm also interested in this.

It looks like Tuta's Unlimited package offers this as well as Infomaniak's kSuite Entreprise package. Are there others besides these 2 and MXRoute?

OpenSRS and ResellersClub offer a hosted email service for resale. I've also seen some other domain registrars and resellers offering it as well.

• emghemgh Member

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

$0.99/mo

Not the same price level, right?

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WiseWise Member

@Greyhound said:

I have a fair few racksapce also. But their innovation is almost non existant. The webmail is bog standard and although you get a good chunk of mailbox space per user - its very inflexible (and support is very mediocre - you end up doing most of it yourself). I spoke to our account manager the other day, and was told I could migrate to another reseller account with different option, but I would have to apply separately and then migrate all my users across manually! Turns out to be the same service, under a different name and for more money per user!!)

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited January 7

@Wise said:

@Greyhound said:

I have a fair few racksapce also. But their innovation is almost non existant. The webmail is bog standard and although you get a good chunk of mailbox space per user - its very inflexible (and support is very mediocre - you end up doing most of it yourself). I spoke to our account manager the other day, and was told I could migrate to another reseller account with different option, but I would have to apply separately and then migrate all my users across manually! Turns out to be the same service, under a different name and for more money per user!!)

What are you currently paying for Rackspace (and how much storage does that provide)?

• @JosephF said:

@Wise said:

@Greyhound said:

What are you currently paying for Rackspace (and how much storage does that provide)?

Maybe $2.4 or $2.5/month per account, with 25G space per account if I remember correctly. Haven't logged in my account for long time as I never had any issue with them. But ya their webmail looks like classic back to 1990's.

• WiseWise Member

@JosephF said:

@Wise said:

@Greyhound said:

About 50% less of what has been quoted price wise for 25gb mailboxes

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@JosephF said:

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

$0.99/mo

Yes you can attach multiple domains but the price structure per user/email account.

• JosephFJosephF Member
    edited January 8

@WebProject said:

@JosephF said:

@WebProject said:

@emgh said:

$0.99/mo

Yes you can attach multiple domains but the price structure per user/email account.

Apparently, since about a month ago Outlook no longer offers new personalized (domain) email addresses.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/changes-to-microsoft-365-email-features-and-storage-e888d746-61e5-49e3-9bd1-94b88e9be988

• @JosephF said: Apparently, since about a month ago Outlook no longer offers new personalized (domain) email addresses.

This is for personal subscription. The mentioned one was about office 365 business subscription.

• @gdhnoc said:
    skiff.com is best

I'm testing their email service, they're fairly new to the game. Found this today https://www.grepular.com/Skiff_Emails_Various_Privacy_Failures

• TikTok-affiliated mail hosting? That is genuinely frightening.

@MMMMMM said: By Bytedance (TikTok), so who knows what's happening behind the scenes.

Thanked by 1commercial
  • I have used Zoho for a while.

• I like MXRoute for a few reasons. One - It's cheap. Two - It works. Three - Fast support if anything does happen to go wrong. I also like knowing that I'm supporting a small company rather than a huge conglomerate.

• After everyone has done the work for you, are you going to at least collate all the responses and fill out your list?

• @host_c said:
    Be aware, that if you enter the dark-side ( MSFT ) it will be extremely hard to get off. We have a few customers that learned this the hard way, but again, best in email I ever saw, used, and deployed, anti-spam is A++, but will get you a minimum of ~5-7 USD / account, depending on what features you want.

+1

I have an old legacy domain I pointed at Microsoft 10+ years ago. They have no way for me to transfer the users' mail out to another provider (even O365) despite having Outlook.com as the web interface. I'm restarting that conversation with them again since they recently shrunk disk quotas and my own mailbox only has a few hundred megs left... I think part of their problem with me is precisely that I'm looking at a mail migration of many dozens of gigabytes of mail between all the users and I may be one of a literal handful of domains still on that ancient offering.

When you host with Microsoft, you are basically on whatever platform you sign up on forever. But they also do things just good enough that you aren't very motivated to move. Unlike Google and the other big names, their stuff just works and is mostly compliant with standards and they aren't as bad about just losing inbound mail that should be deliverable fine.

Thanked by 1host_c
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 16

@lewellyn

We have a solution for this that we use, but imap is a must, depending on your subscription, you may or may not have IMAP on that MSFT setup.

Fire up a new e-mail server ( whatever you like, maybe something from @jar :) )

use imapcopy to transfer the contents of each inbox, this worked perfectly with our cases, we also recommend you to not start more than 5 instances of imapcopy at once ( at 6,7 our destination mail server got banned by MSFT )

Cheers!

• @host_c said:
    @lewellyn

We have a solution for this that we use, but imap is a must, depending on your subscription, you may or may not have IMAP on that MSFT setup.

Fire up a new e-mail server ( whatever you like, maybe something from @jar :) )

use imapcopy to transfer the contents of each inbox, this worked perfectly with our cases, we also recommend you to not start more than 5 instances of imapcopy at once ( at 6,7 our destination mail server got banned by MSFT )

Cheers!

Unfortunately imapcopy doesn't work well with Microsoft's IMAP implementation when you have mailboxes > 10 GB. :( Plus that is manual intervention and support for each user.

• host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider

@lewellyn said: Unfortunately imapcopy doesn't work well with Microsoft's IMAP implementation when you have mailboxes > 10 GB. :( Plus that is manual intervention and support for each user.

well, we did copy mailboxes over 10G, but yes, each one manually.

• Maybe I didn't give it enough weeks to finish last time. Overall, my point stands: you're basically gonna be stuck in Microsoft's ecosystem with no easy way out.

Thanked by 1host_c