Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ihostart again.... 2 of 3 storage nodes TOAST - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ihostart again.... 2 of 3 storage nodes TOAST

Comments

• @cybertech said:
    storage is tricky AF.

even Google is not spared from data loss.

how can you trust an 18yo with used HDDs to store your data?

Anything I download can be re-downloaded... Mainly used to boost my already big ratio on private trackers

• @revo23sd said:

@cybertech said:
    storage is tricky AF.

Anything I download can be re-downloaded... Mainly used to boost my already big ratio on private trackers

Impact: N/A

• @revo23sd said:

@cybertech said:
    storage is tricky AF.

• @crunchbits said:

@JabJab said:

@Moopah said:
    We should get a gofundme donation campaign started to crowdfund some new hard drives for him.

Or just hope that @crunchbits sent Calin some new HDDs :D

@Calin do you want to make the announcement, or should I?

Please emphasize this. What announcement? Did you bought calins operation?

• @LeroyJ said:

@crunchbits said:

@JabJab said:

@Moopah said:
    We should get a gofundme donation campaign started to crowdfund some new hard drives for him.

My guess is Calin has bought out @crunchbits and is the new CEO

• I predict the nodes to come back at around 18:00 GMT. If @Calin doesn't take a nap that is.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@totally_not_banned said: I predict the nodes to come back at around 18:00 GMT. If @Calin doesn't take a nap that is.

>

In next 2 hours we finish tested and mounted all HDDs at caddys , after this sleep and after wake up I'm start build raid and send emails to customers for re-mount /storage partitions

Regards

Thanked by 1Mustafa
  • edited December 2023

@Calin said:

@totally_not_banned said: I predict the nodes to come back at around 18:00 GMT. If @Calin doesn't take a nap that is.

>

In next 2 hours we finish tested and mounted all HDDs at caddys , after this sleep and after wake up I'm start build raid and send emails to customers for re-mount /storage partitions

Regards

You tested and mounted 50 disks at ~20min each in just 5 hours? That's kinda like breaking the space-time continuum. I guess it's good though as some people seem to be really furious and they are said to have a habit of not being able to control themselves when angry.

• SululuSululu Member
    edited December 2023

Ok, I am going to be that guy ...

This is the same dude that collected money to sell 30 servers to a customer?

30?

And claims the money got lost in transit

Same dude ??

Thanked by 3dahartigan sasslik op23
  • host_chost_c Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@Sululu said:

30?

Same dude ??

Nop, that was...a..... he's copy cat...... :)

But that is history by now, I mean, 2 weeks passed..... :D

Com on guys, where is your Holiday Spirit?

PS:

If he's clients do not judge him and burn him, neither should we.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @host_c said:

Is that one of those identity thieves they always warn you about?

• @Moopah said:

@LeroyJ said:

@crunchbits said:

@JabJab said:

@Moopah said:

My guess is Calin has bought out @crunchbits and is the new CEO

That would be more intruiging!> @Sululu said:

30?

Same dude ??

He was a minor few days ago. Be polite.

edited December 2023

@totally_not_banned said: Is that one of those identity thieves they always warn you about?

Yap, and he has a team, let me search them out.......

Fond them, here they are, exposed at last:

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @host_c said:

Let me guess, they are impersonating dwarfs?

edited December 2023

@totally_not_banned said: Let me guess, they are impersonating dwarfs?

You are so right, I wondered who they are.... hmmm................. :D

I also found their escape vehicle.

Thanked by 1Calin
  • @host_c said:

Impersonating a spaceship, right?

Thanked by 1host_c
  • I bought a storage VPS from ihostart, will be honest I didn't expect much and I got as much as I expected.

Having paid ~basically nothing for 4TB storage makes it fine, it's a backup to a backup.

@ehhthing

THX for supporting @Calin project, if he did this at 18, curious what he can accomplish at 30.

paging @Calin

Any news on those spinning rust toasters of yours?

Thanked by 1Calin
  • edited December 2023

@host_c said:
    @ehhthing

THX for supporting @Calin project, if he did this at 18, curious what he can accomplish at 30.

paging @Calin

He's probably sleeping. At least that's what he said he would do after mounting the drives. When he wakes up he'll build the array. Don't ask me why he doesn't let it do that while he's sleeping though.

• CalinCalin Member, Patron Provider

@totally_not_banned said: He's probably sleeping. At least that's what he said he would do after mounting the drives. When he wakes up he'll build the array. Don't ask me why he doesn't let it do that while he's sleeping though.

>

Hello everyone , I got most of the problems sorted out by this morning, services will be up shortly, but I need to get some beaty sleep, I will anounce everyone by e-mail when the services get re-provisioned. Thank you for your support, Happy Hollidays

uuu, shiny lights......

Thanked by 1Calin
  • edited December 2023

@Calin said:
    Hello everyone , I got most of the problems sorted out by this morning, services will be up shortly, but I need to get some beaty sleep, I will anounce everyone by e-mail when the services get re-provisioned. Thank you for your support, Happy Hollidays

Being 18 and all you should really be able to work for 3 days straight. If not as is then at least the first 36h on coffee (i hope you know how to make efficient coffee) and the remaining 36h on hard drugs.

• @totally_not_banned said: You tested and mounted 50 disks at ~20min each in just 5 hours?

Pretty sure you can test multiply disks in parallel, but first you need to put them in the caddy and you can't do that part faster due to lack of more hands.

• LeviLevi Member
    edited December 2023

@totally_not_banned said:

@Calin said:

Being 18 and all you should really be able to work for 3 days straight. If not as is then at least the first 36h on coffee (i hope you know how to make efficient coffee) and the remaining 36h on hard drugs.

Definitely. Also there is redbull sold on a pack of 12 units. While you can - push very hard. And you should. You will rest in hospital or coffin.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

@aeg said:

@PulsedMedia said:
    Yes, one RAID6 is still limited to 2 max failures before data loss BUT you doubled the total redundancy drives.

You also doubled the total number of drives. If you have twice as many drives, then you will have twice as many drive failures.

If you combine two drives into a RAID0 then you double your chance of total data loss. If you combine two RAID6s into a RAID60 then you double your chance of total data loss.

It's amazing how many people are mathematically illiterate.

Read Again.
    12 drive RAID6 to 2x 6 Drive RAID6. Same total number of drives.

Yes, many people are mathematically illiterate.
    For one; When you double number of drives you don't double chances of array failure, you increase it exponentially, if AFR is 1.03 then 1.03^n is the formula, simplified. Chances for 1 drive to fail from the array over the course of year.

@PulsedMedia - take a joke :)

• HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2023

@host_c said:
    @ehhthing

paging @Calin

He is not 18 and his birthday is not in December :)

@Hosteroid said: He is not 18 and his birthday is not in December :)

• i never used raid bullshit since last 10 years when u lost the data its lost better have 2 backup copies its easier to restore them

Thanked by 1moodwriter
  • @Hosteroid said:

@host_c said:
    @ehhthing

paging @Calin

He is not 18 and his birthday is not in December :)

You mean...GASP...we have been lied to????

Thanked by 1sillycat