Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024) - Page 92
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024)

Comments

• HEALTH TIPS FOR THE NEW YEAR

Eat less salt: no more than 6g a day for adults
    Eating too much salt can raise your blood pressure. People with high blood pressure are more likely to develop heart disease or have a stroke.
    Even if you do not add salt to your food, you may still be eating too much.
    About three-quarters of the salt you eat is already in the food when you buy it, such as breakfast cereals, soups, breads and sauces.
    Use food labels to help you cut down. More than 1.5g of salt per 100g means the food is high in salt.
    Adults and children aged 11 and over should eat no more than 6g of salt (about a teaspoonful) a day. Younger children should have even less.

Get active and be a healthy weight
    As well as eating healthily, regular exercise may help reduce your risk of getting serious health conditions. It's also important for your overall health and wellbeing.
    Read more about the benefits of exercise and physical activity guidelines for adults.
    Being overweight or obese can lead to health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, heart disease and stroke. Being underweight could also affect your health.
    Most adults need to lose weight by eating fewer calories.
    If you're trying to lose weight, aim to eat less and be more active. Eating a healthy, balanced diet can help you maintain a healthy weight.
    Check whether you're a healthy weight by using the BMI healthy weight calculator.
    Lose weight with the NHS weight loss plan, a 12-week weight loss guide that combines advice on healthier eating and physical activity.
    If you're underweight, see underweight adults. If you're worried about your weight, ask your GP or a dietitian for advice.

Do not get thirsty
    You need to drink plenty of fluids to stop you getting dehydrated. The government recommends drinking 6 to 8 glasses every day. This is in addition to the fluid you get from the food you eat.
    All non-alcoholic drinks count, but water, lower fat milk and lower sugar drinks, including tea and coffee, are healthier choices.
    Try to avoid sugary soft and fizzy drinks, as they're high in calories. They're also bad for your teeth.
    Even unsweetened fruit juice and smoothies are high in free sugar.
    Your combined total of drinks from fruit juice, vegetable juice and smoothies should not be more than 150ml a day, which is a small glass.
    Remember to drink more fluids during hot weather or while exercising.

Do not skip breakfast
    Some people skip breakfast because they think it'll help them lose weight.
    But a healthy breakfast high in fibre and low in fat, sugar and salt can form part of a balanced diet, and can help you get the nutrients you need for good health.
    A wholegrain lower sugar cereal with semi-skimmed milk and fruit sliced over the top is a tasty and healthier breakfast.

• @TrK said:

@noob404 said:

@TrK said:

@noob404 said:

@TrK said:

@paijrut said:

@kashon said:
    @dustinc > @paijrut said:

@kashon said:

There is no such thing as insomnia. Everything is as you choose to be..

Insomnia is real, has proved in science. A common sleeping disorder.

I choose to believe insomnia is not real. Thats my mantra when I did not sleep for a whole week after my son passed away, just smoking cigarretes after cigarretes, with insomnia as an excuse.

It's hard, i faced something similar when my mother passed away although I don't smoke i wasn't able to sleep for days and I don't remember much what happened in those few days it's like totally blank or maybe I just don't want to remember.

I am so sorry to hear that. Please understand that it's a well known disease condition (ICD-10-CM: https://www.aapc.com/codes/icd-10-codes/G47.00) that will not only affect you mentally, but also physically in the long run. So, kindly seek help.

My last doctor advised me to stay away from internet and told me i am weird, i behave more like an old man instead of my age, i just stopped seeing doctors for a break, my entire journey till now is occupied with meds so can't say much.

Was this Doctor a close friend or something. I wonder why he'd be so blunt with someone who's already distraught.

Yup a close friend, i have been blessed with some awesome people around me 😁

Oh then it makes sense. I guess some rando Doctor you consulted said that to you.

For a detailed list of what to eat and what to avoid and to get a better idea, please go through this article - https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/eat-well/how-to-eat-a-balanced-diet/eight-tips-for-healthy-eating/

• Now, here a few upcoming movies for the cinephile in you. Let me know which of these you are excited for.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Deadpool 3

Wolverine joins the "merc with a mouth" in the third installment of the Deadpool film franchise.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga

The origin story of renegade warrior Furiosa before her encounter and teamup with Mad Max.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Despicable Me 4

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Many years after the reign of Caesar, a young ape goes on a journey that will lead him to question everything he's been taught about the past and make choices that will define a future for apes and humans alike.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Joker: Folie à Deux

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Wicked

The story of how a green-skinned woman framed by the Wizard of Oz becomes the Wicked Witch of the West. The first of a two-part feature film adaptation of the Broadway musical.

• @noob404 said:

@TrK said:

@noob404 said:

@TrK said:

@noob404 said:

@TrK said:

@paijrut said:

@kashon said:
    @dustinc > @paijrut said:

@kashon said:

There is no such thing as insomnia. Everything is as you choose to be..

Insomnia is real, has proved in science. A common sleeping disorder.

I choose to believe insomnia is not real. Thats my mantra when I did not sleep for a whole week after my son passed away, just smoking cigarretes after cigarretes, with insomnia as an excuse.

It's hard, i faced something similar when my mother passed away although I don't smoke i wasn't able to sleep for days and I don't remember much what happened in those few days it's like totally blank or maybe I just don't want to remember.

I am so sorry to hear that. Please understand that it's a well known disease condition (ICD-10-CM: https://www.aapc.com/codes/icd-10-codes/G47.00) that will not only affect you mentally, but also physically in the long run. So, kindly seek help.

My last doctor advised me to stay away from internet and told me i am weird, i behave more like an old man instead of my age, i just stopped seeing doctors for a break, my entire journey till now is occupied with meds so can't say much.

Was this Doctor a close friend or something. I wonder why he'd be so blunt with someone who's already distraught.

Yup a close friend, i have been blessed with some awesome people around me 😁

Oh then it makes sense. I guess some rando Doctor you consulted said that to you.

I had a fight with a random Doctor once, it was pretty messed up 😂😂

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

National Treasure 3

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

A Quiet Place: Day One

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

The Garfield Movie

Garfield is about to go on a wild outdoor adventure. After an unexpected reunion with his long-lost father - the cat Vic - Garfield and Odie are forced to abandon their pampered life to join Vic in a hilarious, high-stakes heist.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Gladiator 2

Follows Lucius, the son of Maximus' love Lucilla, after Maximus' death.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Kung Fu Panda 4

After Po is tapped to become the Spiritual Leader of the Valley of Peace, he needs to find and train a new Dragon Warrior, while a wicked sorceress plans to re-summon all the master villains whom Po has vanquished to the spirit realm.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Bob Marley: One Love

A look at the life of legendary reggae musician Bob Marley.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

The Fall Guy

Colt Seavers is a stuntman who left the business a year earlier to focus on both his physical and mental health. He's drafted back into service when the star of a mega-budget studio movie, which is being directed by his ex, goes missing.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Madame Web

Cassandra Webb is a New York City paramedic who starts to show signs of clairvoyance. Forced to confront revelations about her past, she must protect three young women from a mysterious adversary who wants them dead.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

The Ark and the Aardvark

An aardvark named Gilbert lands the job of shepherding all the animals onto Noah's Ark.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

IF

A young girl who goes through a difficult experience begins to see everyone's imaginary friends who have been left behind as their real-life friends have grown up.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Argylle

An introverted spy novelist is drawn into the activities of a sinister underground syndicate.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse

After leaving off from Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, the story continues.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Inside Out 2

Follow Riley, in her teenage years, encountering new emotions.

• UPCOMING MOVIES 2024

Tiger's Apprentice

Tom Lee, a Chinese-American boy, after the death of his grandmother, has to be apprenticed to the talking tiger Mr. Hu and learn ancient magic to become the new guardian of an ancient phoenix.