Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024) - Page 450
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024)

Comments

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Bollywood is often used to describe the whole Indian cinema industry but is in fact just a Mumbai-based film industry

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Bollywood is the largest film-producer in India and one of the largest in the world

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Global recognition of Hindi cinema spread throughout the 2000s

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Baz Luhrmann said that his hit musical ‘Moulin Rouge’ was influenced by Bollywood musicals

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:
    Today, I am gonna begin with a few facts about my country, India's major export - Bollywood. Here we go.

You know that you have already won, right ?

You mean, as an Indian with Bollywood, we have won, or I have won the giveaway on this thread?
    If it's the latter, I am pretty sure, I am not even close, bro. Last time you needed to have 7K comments. This time, I wager, I will need atleast 10K to be in the game. And, even that might be a close shave. I might be totally off here. But, I should trust you cause you have been in the game for too long.
    Seriously, you think, I could get the laptop, even if I slack off for the next few days?

Yes, IMO you don't need to go 100% of the time. Get well ahead. Take a day off here and there, stay in the lead, and just keep at least 1,000 between you and the number two guy and you should be fine. Be prepared to run hard the last 24 hours because that is when people will really make their move. Or you can get so far ahead that everyone else just gives up, but I don't think that is going to work this time because of the other prizes.

Thanked by 1noob404
  • remyremy Member

@FrankZ said:

@remy said:

@FrankZ said:
    @remy - As a side note I have been a customer of RackNerd for quite a while. Their VMs are good, their customer service is great, and I don't have any issues with them. So if it comes through as if I support them, I'm not surprised, as they have given me no reason not to.

I agree I'm a customer since 2020 .
    I'm satisfied.

That said, I'm not a fan of this type of thread. If all the other providers did the same, there'd be no community. Just a list of offers whose visibility depends on the quality of the prizes to be won.

That's just my opinion.
    Having said that, I don't mind because it's easy enough to avoid them at the moment.
    I came of my own free will :p

I think that is the idea. There are only really two of these threads a year. So it really should not be an issue for people who do not like this kind of thing. I get that it is not everybody's cup of tea. As an example, I normally do not participate in drama threads, it's not my thing, but I have no worries about drama threads taking over LET. There is plenty of variety here for everyone to find something they like.

I don't think that's a fair comparison.
    There's no money to be made in dramas, which are more about money lost.

Here we're talking about visibility and therefore money. All providers want the same visibility as racknerd.

But anyway. The initial question was innocent

• The Chadian flag consists of three vertical stripes.
    The flag features a blue stripe representing the sky and hope, a yellow stripe symbolizing the sun and the desert, and a red stripe representing progress and the blood of martyrs.

These are just some of the fascinating facts about Chad, a country with a rich history, diverse culture, and abundant natural beauty. From its ancient civilizations to its vibrant traditions, Chad continues to captivate and inspire visitors.

• @FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:
    Today, I am gonna begin with a few facts about my country, India's major export - Bollywood. Here we go.

You mean, as an Indian with Bollywood, we have won, or I have won the giveaway on this thread?
    If it's the latter, I am pretty sure, I am not even close, bro. Last time you needed to have 7K comments. This time, I wager, I will need atleast 10K to be in the game. And, even that might be a close shave. I might be totally off here. But, I should trust you cause you have been in the game for too long.
    Seriously, you think, I could get the laptop, even if I slack off for the next few days?

Yes, IMO you don't need to go 100% of the time. Get well ahead. Take a day off here and there, stay in the lead, and just keep at least 1,000 between you and the number two guy and you should be fine. Be prepared to run hard the last 24 hours because that is when people will really make their move. Or you can get so far ahead that everyone else just gives up, but I don't think that is going to work this time because of the other prizes.

I just need some time for my wrist to reset. Have been having these weird twitches and pain. I have done copy pasting in the past, but, not as much as I've had to do in this giveaway.
    I try to not post and take rest, but, then, like for example, yesterday, I was on my laptop, and it froze for a minute every time I copied a fact. That reminded me of why I have to be in the lead for this.
    But, you are right. I will have to take some rest. WIll try my best, but not guarantees.

• Chad is a fascinating country with a rich cultural heritage and unique geographical features. From its diverse ethnic groups and languages to its stunning landscapes and natural resources, Chad has a lot to offer. Whether you are interested in exploring its wildlife-filled national parks, immersing yourself in the vibrant local markets, or learning about its historical sites, Chad provides an experience unlike any other. Despite facing various challenges, Chad’s resilience and determination shine through, making it a country worth discovering and understanding. So, if you ever have the opportunity, don’t miss the chance to visit Chad and witness its beauty firsthand.

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Indian film composer, A.R. Rahman, wrote the music for Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical 'Bombay Dreams'

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Indian films are mostly musicals

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Indian films are often referred to as the spice mix masala as they have a mixture of singing and dancing, romance, comedy and action

• gabydupgabydup Member
    edited January 6

FAQs

1. What is the capital city of Chad?
      The capital city of Chad is N’Djamena, which is also the largest city in the country.

2. What languages are spoken in Chad?
      The official languages of Chad are French and Arabic, but there are over 120 different languages spoken throughout the country.

3. Is Chad a safe country to visit?
      While Chad faces some security challenges, certain regions of the country are considered safe for travel. It is recommended to check travel advisories before planning a trip to Chad.

4. What are some popular tourist attractions in Chad?
      Some popular tourist attractions in Chad include Zakouma National Park, Ennedi Massif, Lake Chad, and the capital city of N’Djamena.

5. What is the climate like in Chad?
      Chad has a dry climate with hot summers and cooler winters. However, the southern regions of the country experience a more tropical climate with higher levels of rainfall.

6. What is the currency of Chad?
      The currency of Chad is the Central African CFA franc (XAF).

7. What is the main source of income in Chad?
      The main sources of income in Chad are oil production, agriculture, and livestock farming.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@remy said:

@FrankZ said:

@remy said:

@FrankZ said:
    @remy - As a side note I have been a customer of RackNerd for quite a while. Their VMs are good, their customer service is great, and I don't have any issues with them. So if it comes through as if I support them, I'm not surprised, as they have given me no reason not to.

I agree I'm a customer since 2020 .
    I'm satisfied.

That said, I'm not a fan of this type of thread. If all the other providers did the same, there'd be no community. Just a list of offers whose visibility depends on the quality of the prizes to be won.

That's just my opinion.
    Having said that, I don't mind because it's easy enough to avoid them at the moment.
    I came of my own free will :p

I think that is the idea. There are only really two of these threads a year. So it really should not be an issue for people who do not like this kind of thing. I get that it is not everybody's cup of tea. As an example, I normally do not participate in drama threads, it's not my thing, but I have no worries about drama threads taking over LET. There is plenty of variety here for everyone to find something they like.

I don't think that's a fair comparison.
    There's no money to be made in dramas, which are more about money lost.

Here we're talking about visibility and therefore money. All providers want the same visibility as racknerd.

But anyway. The initial question was innocent

We are just having a conversation. I have no issue with you asking questions, or stating your opinion. That is what forums are for in my mind.

Thanked by 1remy
  • BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Typical Bollywood conventions include star-crossed lovers, angry parents, family ties, sacrifice, corrupt politicians and kidnappings

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Bhanu Athaiya was the First Indian to Get an Oscar for the Best Costume Designer for Richard Attenborough’s film ‘Gandhi’ in 1982

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyon is the longest Hindi film song, lasting 20 minutes, in the film by the same name. It was a movie about war and patriotism.

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Salman Khan was the highest paid Bollywood actor of 2013 with a salary of around £7 million for one movie

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Bollywood produces an estimated 1000 films every year

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

‘LOC : Kargil’ is the longest Bollywood film lasting 4 hrs 25 min

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Bollywood films now often feature Westernised dating traditions rather than pre-arranged marriages

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

It was only in 2001 that Bollywood films started recording sound on location. Before, it was normally re-created in the studio

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:

I just need some time for my wrist to reset. Have been having these weird twitches and pain. I have done copy pasting in the past, but, not as much as I've had to do in this giveaway.
    I try to not post and take rest, but, then, like for example, yesterday, I was on my laptop, and it froze for a minute every time I copied a fact. That reminded me of why I have to be in the lead for this.
    But, you are right. I will have to take some rest. WIll try my best, but not guarantees.

I kill a mouse every time we have these threads. Mouses are cheaper that keyboards, so I kill the mouse. (from copying and pasting)

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

The Black Eyed Peas' song 'Don't Phunk with My Heart' was inspired by two Bollywood songs: ‘Ye Mera Dil Yaar Ka Diwana,’ 1978 and ‘Ae Nujawan Hai Sub,’ 1972

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Songs in Hindi films are usually pre-recorded by professional singers and actors then lip synch the words on-screen

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Indian films are usually written in standard Hindi to maximise the audience

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

2011 film ‘Ra One’ cost $27 million making it the most expensive movie ever produced in Bollywood. It did flop at the BO, if I remember.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

WELCOME TO PAGE 450 - A ROUNDISH NUMBER !!!

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Bollywood loses around $100 million from pirate DVDs and videos each year

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Danny Boyle’s 'Slumdog Millionaire' was inspired by Bollywood films