Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024) - Page 449
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024)

Comments

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

The first Indian colour film was 'Kisan Kanya’ in 1937

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Hindi cinema flourished between 1940 and 1960 and is referred to as The Golden Age of Indian cinema

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Film producers focused on India’s social issues in the 1950s and especially working class, urban life

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

The India Wave movement began in Hindi cinema between 1940 and 1960. It was a realist and naturalist movement about the sociopolitical happenings

• @FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:
    Good morning peeps. Back with the facts. Was posting late night yesterday, but, was a bit slow, as I was on my laptop, and I was working on a project. Free for an hour or so. So, let's party!

We have been quiet recently out of respect for others.
    Good morning.

Felt the same too. But, I really can't stop now. I hope the other hosts will forgive us. Or, were you talking about us both posting on this thread incessantly? In any case, I apologise.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@remy said:

@FrankZ said:
    @remy - As a side note I have been a customer of RackNerd for quite a while. Their VMs are good, their customer service is great, and I don't have any issues with them. So if it comes through as if I support them, I'm not surprised, as they have given me no reason not to.

I agree I'm a customer since 2020 .
    I'm satisfied.

That said, I'm not a fan of this type of thread. If all the other providers did the same, there'd be no community. Just a list of offers whose visibility depends on the quality of the prizes to be won.

That's just my opinion.
    Having said that, I don't mind because it's easy enough to avoid them at the moment.
    I came of my own free will :p

I think that is the idea. There are only really two of these threads a year. So it really should not be an issue for people who do not like this kind of thing. I get that it is not everybody's cup of tea. As an example, I normally do not participate in drama threads, it's not my thing, but I have no worries about drama threads taking over LET. There is plenty of variety here for everyone to find something they like.

Thanked by 2markz noob404
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@markz said:

@FAT32 said:
    How hard is it for me to get one of the top 5 prizes now?

Not difficult, Mr. @FAT32 , especially if @FrankZ is sleeping :D

UPDATE comments SET user = "FAT32" WHERE user = "FrankZ" AND thread = "RN";

• @FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:
    Today, I am gonna begin with a few facts about my country, India's major export - Bollywood. Here we go.

You know that you have already won, right ?

You mean, as an Indian with Bollywood, we have won, or I have won the giveaway on this thread?
    If it's the latter, I am pretty sure, I am not even close, bro. Last time you needed to have 7K comments. This time, I wager, I will need atleast 10K to be in the game. And, even that might be a close shave. I might be totally off here. But, I should trust you cause you have been in the game for too long.
    Seriously, you think, I could get the laptop, even if I slack off for the next few days?

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@noob404 said:

@FrankZ said:

@noob404 said:
    Good morning peeps. Back with the facts. Was posting late night yesterday, but, was a bit slow, as I was on my laptop, and I was working on a project. Free for an hour or so. So, let's party!

We have been quiet recently out of respect for others.
    Good morning.

Felt the same too. But, I really can't stop now. I hope the other hosts will forgive us. Or, were you talking about us both posting on this thread incessantly? In any case, I apologise.

Well, it is quite ok by me if you run. I'll just run along with you for a while, I'm sure other will join in as well. @FAT32 time to run :smiley:

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

@FAT32 said:

@markz said:

@FAT32 said:

That would help us both out a lot. I can post like crazy and no mod would even think of banning me. Do it !!

Thanked by 1markz
  • @FAT32 said:

@markz said:

@FAT32 said:

DELETE FROM comments WHERE user = "FAT32"

Sorry. Was just trynna show off I know a bit of MySQL myself. Love it BTW. With my new project, got to learn a lot about it.

And, welcome to the trhead!

• @FrankZ said:

@FAT32 said:

@markz said:

@FAT32 said:

That would help us both out a lot. I can post like crazy and no mod would even think of banning me. Do it !!

In that case, please run this as well:-

UPDATE comments SET user = "noob404" WHERE user = "FAT32" AND thread = "RN"

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • BOLLYWOOD FACTS

‘Neecha Nagar’ won the Best Film award at the first Cannes film festival in 1946

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

It was also the first Indian film to gain global recognition

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Guru Dutt was ranked no. 73 in Sight and Sound’s critics’ and directors' poll of greatest filmmakers in 2002

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Romance and action films were popularized in Bollywood in the late 60s

• Windows' Clock Timer is buggy as hell. Yesternight, while posting, I dozed off for a bit after the timer didn't register the click.

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Indian cinema was criticized in 1976 for not pushing commercial films and focusing too much on the Indian Wave

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

‘Jai Santoshi Maa’, released in 1975, was one of the top blockbusters of the time

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Mid-1970s gave way to Indian gangster films

• @FrankZ said:

@remy said:

@FrankZ said:
    @remy - As a side note I have been a customer of RackNerd for quite a while. Their VMs are good, their customer service is great, and I don't have any issues with them. So if it comes through as if I support them, I'm not surprised, as they have given me no reason not to.

I agree I'm a customer since 2020 .
    I'm satisfied.

That said, I'm not a fan of this type of thread. If all the other providers did the same, there'd be no community. Just a list of offers whose visibility depends on the quality of the prizes to be won.

That's just my opinion.
    Having said that, I don't mind because it's easy enough to avoid them at the moment.
    I came of my own free will :p

I think that is the idea. There are only really two of these threads a year. So it really should not be an issue for people who do not like this kind of thing. I get that it is not everybody's cup of tea. As an example, I normally do not participate in drama threads, it's not my thing, but I have no worries about drama threads taking over LET. There is plenty of variety here for everyone to find something they like.

Very well explained. Now, I can post in peace.

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

‘Indra Sabha’ has 71 songs in it, the most any Indian film has

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

‘Salaam Bombay’, 1988, won the Golden Camera and Audience Awards at the Cannes Film Festival

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

It’s also the 2nd Indian film to be nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film

• Traditional wrestling is a popular sport in Chad.
    Wrestling competitions, known as “Lutte Traditionnelle,” attract enthusiastic crowds and showcase the strength, skill, and cultural pride of Chadian athletes.

• The Karalayé Festival celebrates Chadian culture.
    This annual festival, held in N’Djamena, showcases various aspects of Chadian culture, including music, dance, traditional crafts, and fashion.

• Chad has abundant mineral resources.
    Chad is rich in mineral reserves, including petroleum, uranium, gold, and limestone, offering potential economic opportunities for the country.

• The camel is an important mode of transportation.
    In the Sahara region, camels are commonly used for transportation, providing a means to navigate the arid terrain and carry goods across vast distances.

• Chad has made progress in reducing child mortality rates.
    Efforts in healthcare and access to basic amenities have contributed to a decline in child mortality rates, although further improvements are still needed.

• MrEdMrEd Member

@FAT32 said:

At this moment you would need 1050 comments in the next 25 days + the amount the first players would write :) You can always check the status here: https://racknerd.projecthive.eu/ :)