Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024) - Page 453
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

REAL DEALS HERE -- WIN BIG WITH THOUSANDS IN PRIZES + RackNerd's NEW YEAR OFFERS! (New Year 2024)

Comments

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Sylvester Stallone starred in Kambakht Ishq (Damned Love) in 2009

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

'Mughal-e-Azam' was the most expensive film made up until 1960

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Bollywood director Yash Chopra is known as the 'godfather of romance'

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Fatima Begum was India's 1st female film director in 1926

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Bollywood has released more than 20 sci-fi films in the 21st century and the genre is becoming increasingly popular

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

It took the director of 'Mughal-e-Azam' 10 years to complete the black and white film at which point he asked the funders to film it all again in colour

• BOLLYWOOD FACTS

Cannes film festival 2013 is going to make India its guest country in celebration of Bollywood's 100 year anniversary

• @FrankZ said:
    @noob404 Just an FYI, if it is down to you and me for first, I am not going to pass you for the notebook. I don't want you to be worried about me being behind you so much that you hurt yourself. I can't talk for anyone else.

I trust you, Frank and I respect you for that. Believe me when I say this, I very well know that I must rest. Physically, I want to, but, I dunno, I can't mentally get myself to rest. In all probability, I will rest only after Jan 31st, if some illness doesn't bring me down first.
    I will try my best to rest after a few days. Thanks a lot for the advice.

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • Now, for some interesting facts about the language - MySQL. I got reminded of it when FAT32 posted a MySQL command. Here we go.

• MYSQL FACTS

MySQL supports up to 64 indexes per table. Each index may consist of 1 to 16 columns. The maximum index size is 1000 bytes (767 for InnoDB).

• MYSQL FACTS

The maximum size of a row in a MySQL table is 65,535 bytes. And the maximum value of Signed Integer is 2,147,483,647 and the value of Unsigned Integer is 4,294,967,295. In a mixed table with both CHAR and VARCHAR, MySQL will change the CHAR’s to VARCHAR’s.

• MYSQL FACTS

If a PRIMARY KEY or UNIQUE index consists of only one column that has an integer type, you can also refer to the column as “_rowid” in SELECT statements.

• MYSQL FACTS

To change the value of the AUTO_INCREMENT, use “ALTER TABLE AUTO_INCREMENT = value;” or “SET INSERT_ID = value;”

• MYSQL FACTS

To restrict MySQL from being accessed publicly, use “skip-networking” option in the config file. When it is enabled, MySQL only listens to local socket connections and ignores all TCP ports. And “bind-address” parameter which is set to “127.0.0.1” restricts the MySQL to be accessible only by the localhost.

• MYSQL FACTS

If the MySQL has many connects established (i.e. a website without persistent connections), you can improve the performance by setting thread_cache_size to a non-zero value. 16 is a good value to start with. Increase the value until your threads_created do not grow very quickly.

• MYSQL FACTS

NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO suppresses auto increment for 0. Only NULL generates the next sequence number. This mode can be useful if 0 has been stored in a table’s AUTO_INCREMENT column. (Storing 0 is not a recommended practice, by the way.)

• MYSQL FACTS

The configuration options “innodb_analyze_is_persistent”, “innodb_stats_persistent_sample_pages” and “innodb_stats_transient_sample_pages” provide improved accuracy of InnoDB index statistics, and consistency across MySQL restarts. InnoDB precomputes statistics that help the optimizer decide which indexes to use in a query, by sampling a portion of the index. You can adjust the amount of sampling that InnoDB does for each index. The resulting statistics can now persist across server restarts, rather than being recomputed (and possibly changing) due to restarts and some runtime events. The more accurate statistics can improve query performance, and the persistence aspect can keep query performance stable. When the persistent stats feature is enabled, the statistics are only recomputed when you explicitly run ANALYZE TABLE for the table.

• MYSQL FACTS

InnoDB frees up the memory associated with an opened table to ease the memory load on systems with huge numbers of tables. An LRU algorithm selects tables that have gone the longest without being accessed. To reserve more memory for open tables, increase the value of the –table_definition_cache=# configuration option.

• MYSQL FACTS

Set table_cache parameter to match the number of open tables and concurrent connections. Watch the open_tables value and if it is growing quickly you need to increase the size of “table_cache”. And for the parameter “open_file_limit” set this limit as 20+max_connections+table_cache*2. If you have complex queries “sort_buffer_size” and “tmp_table_size” are likely to be very important. Values will depend on the query complexity and available resources, but 4Mb and 32Mb, respectively are recommended starting points.

Note: These are “per connection” values. So, consider your load and available resource when setting these parameters. For example sort_buffer_size is allocated only if MySQL needs to do a sort, be careful not to run out of memory.

• Now, next we will look into some facts about programming languages, their history and coding.

• CODING FACTS

The first programming language was created in the mid-1800s by Ada Lovelace, who wrote the first algorithm intended to be processed by a machine.

• CODING FACTS

The first commercially available programming language was Fortran, which was developed in the 1950s and is still in use today.

• CODING FACTS

The most popular programming language today is JavaScript, followed by Python and Java.

• CODING FACTS

Assembly language, the lowest-level programming language, is used to program microprocessors and other specialized devices.

• CODING FACTS

C++, one of the most widely used programming languages, was developed in the early 1980s and is used to build a wide range of software applications.

• CODING FACTS

Swift, a programming language developed by Apple, is used for developing iOS and macOS applications.

• CODING FACTS

The first computer virus was written in the 1980s using BASIC, a high-level programming language.

• CODING FACTS

The syntax of many programming languages is inspired by natural languages, making it easier for people to learn and understand them.

• Vanuatu is one of the world’s leading countries in sustainable tourism.
    The country emphasizes responsible tourism practices that preserve the environment and benefit local communities.

• Vanuatu has a rich and diverse marine ecosystem.
    Its waters are home to a wide range of marine creatures, including colorful fish, turtles, dolphins, and even dugongs.