Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you guys think about a host that sells in INR? Indian currency. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you guys think about a host that sells in INR? Indian currency.

13»

Comments

• @totally_not_banned said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@FatGrizzly said: From what I see, you've opened quite a lot of threads, mostly What do you guys think of X, or is X or Y better type.

ya cuz I've got no one else to ask about my questions, you're telling me to do research but seem to have a problem when I do the research.

Research doesn't necessarily equal asking questions. For a large part research means reading, reading and then some more reading. If there is something, which after all that reading, is still unclear then it's time to start asking questions. I don't mean any offense but it's quite obvious that you pretty much skipped on the reading part (which is also likely part of the reason people are saying your questions are annoying).

ya I understand I am sorry

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@ArrowBoi said:

I'd find that very funny and LOL, or, more seriously, I'd think "maybe a good thing for Indians - but for Indians only".

• edited December 2023

@jsg said:
    @ArrowBoi said:

I'd find that very funny and LOL, or, more seriously, I'd think "maybe a good thing for Indians - but for Indians only".

Yeah, to be fair though i have to admit that i have paid hosting in HK$ before but that was specifically to get a cheap HK deal and the math involved is still pretty annoying. Probably wouldn't bother for some random generic VPS/dedi.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • MoopahMoopah Member
    edited December 2023

@dahartigan said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@dahartigan said: If you're getting memed out on discord it's probably because you're annoying and spammy in there too.

No?
    Discord is generally where people meme for no reason even for genuine questions.
    and no I don't spam on discord
    and wdym annoying? Whats part of asking questions is annoying? if you don't want to answer a question you just ignore it, simple.

@dahartigan said: You are being told by multiple people it's spam, so it's spam.

there's no proper mention of what spam exactly is on LET.
    There's nothing wrong with asking multiple questions in separate threads.

And it doesn't cos you cent to not be rude, you could have said it in a way better way and I would have understood. There's no reason to call this thread shit. I'm asking genuine questions related to my research.

Sigh. You've opened a bunch of threads in a very short period of time. That's spamming.

As for your research, all I can say is your research methodology is flawed. You should research more quietly. Use your resources like the lovely search feature of this site and Google.

It's just general forum etiquette.

Now, send bobs as reparations.

Search engines don't exist anymore, Google, Bing, and Yandex deadpooled last month.

You can now research Contabo reviews via ChatGPT instead

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2023

A bit off-topic, but please get someone to proof-read before launching.

With our incredible uptime of very little downtime, stop worrying about downtime.

Stuff like this ^ will not buy very much confidence — especially in such a saturated market.

Edit: ordered a test server. The stack is… “unique.”

• ”Game Panel”: Pterodactyl

• Minecraft servers (SG) are hosted on a @Advin (AdvinServers) VPS(?)
    • Billing handled by “Paymenter” (seems to be some OSS billing software by the same people @ Pterodactyl)

• No billing address required, so (probably) no fraud detection
      • Per this thread, the currency does seem to be localized on the front page (but is in INR on the billing panel/beyond)
      • Has Stripe for payments, but seems to be under “POLYMART.ORG” for billing purposes (the Stripe checkout form does show “ArrowTan” as the store)
      • Emails are sent from [email protected], a free email service from a company that I’ve never heard of (Rabbit Hosting)
      • Auto-setup does seem to work, but SSO is broken and you have to reset password w/ your billing email

TL;DR: Seems to be a bog-standard game-server company(?).

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • @doghouch said:

With our incredible uptime of very little downtime, stop worrying about downtime.

Stuff like this ^ will not buy very much confidence — especially in such a saturated market.

where is that from?

edited December 2023

@ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

where is that from?

I explicitly did not link to it as it’s (obviously) still under development.

The snippet was pulled from the “About Us” section on your website.

• ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
    edited December 2023

@doghouch said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

where is that from?

the host isn't open to public right now, I have some friends who host their servers with me.
    All changes will be done including the provider and even the gateway is currently used on polymart.org, I'll be creating another division on stripe for the host if I do end up opening to public.

And I wouldn't say I lied about the uptime, you can check it here https://hetrixtools.com/r/2e5e1da0d8632310feb9fb3db3bf2213/
    I haven't had any downtime for so long.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • Well personally, I’ll have no issues buying a INR selling host IF:

• price is attractive and competitive for me to care
    • your payment system takes my prepaid credit card - I don’t like using my primary credit cards on most services online due to the inevitable security issues and crypto is a meme (no offence to cryptonians).
    • your payment system is allowed by the Indian government to take the above mentioned payment method. As far as I am aware there was a recent law requiring Indian based payment methods only for Indian services? May be it doesn’t apply to global services even in INR? I’ don’t know.
    Thanked by 1ArrowBoi
  • @ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

where is that from?

the host isn't open to public right now, I have some friends who host their servers with me.
    All changes will be done including the provider and even the gateway is currently used on polymart.org, I'll be creating another division on stripe for the host if I do end up opening to public.

And I wouldn't say I lied about the uptime, you can check it here https://hetrixtools.com/r/2e5e1da0d8632310feb9fb3db3bf2213/

Never said that the claim wasn't accurate -- it's just poorly worded.

Question: PolyMart seems to be some sort of MC plugin website; do they offer gateway services?

• @doghouch said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

where is that from?

Question: PolyMart seems to be some sort of MC plugin website; do they offer gateway services?

No I used to be a seller on polymart.org and tried to accept stripe on it but couldnt.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

• Billing handled by “Paymenter” (seems to be some OSS billing software by the same people @ Pterodactyl)

• Per this thread, the currency does seem to be localized on the front page (but is in INR on the billing panel/beyond)
      • Has Stripe for payments, but seems to be under “POLYMART.ORG” for billing purposes (the Stripe checkout form does show “ArrowTan” as the store)
      • Emails are sent from [email protected], a free email service from a company that I’ve never heard of (Rabbit Hosting)
      • Auto-setup does seem to work, but SSO is broken and you have to reset password w/ your billing email

• @FatGrizzly said:

@doghouch said:

the last time I edited the website was 2 months ago so and I don't really see a reason why to edit it now if I'm not even operating it.

edited December 2023

@ArrowBoi said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@doghouch said:

the last time I edited the website was 2 months ago so and I don't really see a reason why to edit it now if I'm not even operating it.

I was assuming that you'd be continuing under that brand - apologies.

Side note: What the hell? Haven't touched Minecraft in ages and 1GB is now woefully inadequate for even one player...

@ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@doghouch said:

where is that from?

No I used to be a seller on polymart.org and tried to accept stripe on it but couldnt.

Ah, that's fair. Best of luck with your (future) venture.

Thanked by 1ArrowBoi
  • ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
    edited December 2023

@doghouch said: Side note: What the hell? Haven't touched Minecraft in ages and 1GB is now woefully inadequate for even one player...

ah yes the latest versions need a lot more ram

• @doghouch said:

It happen to think it's pretty cute. His potassium is obviously superior to other potassium (which is inferior).

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @ArrowBoi said: Okay so whats your first opinion on a hosting service that operates in INR?

Resell in local

• @aakashmishra007 said:

@ArrowBoi said: Okay so whats your first opinion on a hosting service that operates in INR?

Resell in local

can you elaborate?

• are you otus?

• @ArrowBoi said:
    Okay so accepting international payments is a headache in india as an unregistered business.

Indian government deliberately making it harder for people in India to run international scams.

Makes sense when the country is a scam factory.

• @dahartigan said:

@ArrowBoi said:
    Okay so accepting international payments is a headache in india as an unregistered business.

Indian government deliberately making it harder for people in India to run international scams.

Makes sense when the country is a scam factory.

Can you buy amazon / google / wallmart gift card in INR?