Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you guys think about a host that sells in INR? Indian currency. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do you guys think about a host that sells in INR? Indian currency.

Comments

• ArrowBoiArrowBoi Member
    edited December 2023

@emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:
    Just merge further questions in one thread, everyone’s happy, no need for a discussion about it, right?

merge? is that possible?

I meant for further questions

Merge them together in a document or whatever

And just post them all in one thread

I explained earlier that today when I posted a thread on contabo I received some answers with which I got another question as I wished to target asian audience I wanted to operate in INR and wished to know what people's opinion was on that as india has a bad reputation.

I thought making a different thread would be a better idea as the discussion would be more organized.

If I had 2 questions together then I would have asked them together.

• @ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:
    Just merge further questions in one thread, everyone’s happy, no need for a discussion about it, right?

merge? is that possible?

I explained earlier that today when I posted a thread on contabo I received some answers with which I got another question as I wished to target asian audience I wanted to operate in INR and wished to know what people's opinion was on that as india has a bad reputation.

I thought making a different thread would be a better idea as the discussion would be more organized.

All your question just about your hosting , so all you need is create a Thread name "I have some question before start hosting bussiness" and everyone happy ?

Thanked by 2emgh SinV
  • @kenjing789 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

merge? is that possible?

All your question just about your hosting , so all you need is create a Thread name "I have some question before start hosting bussiness" and everyone happy ?

Look I don't have problem with that

but how would it work if I had a new question out of nowhere right after making a thread even after collecting questions all day? Where would I post the new question for the people to know that I have another question?

• @ArrowBoi said:

@kenjing789 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

merge? is that possible?

but how would it work if I had a new question out of nowhere right after making a thread even after collecting questions all day? Where would I post the new question for the people to know that I have another question?

Do like what you do now , Comment on your thread , Tag someone and hope they answer

• @kenjing789 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@kenjing789 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@emgh said:

merge? is that possible?

Do like what you do now , Comment on your thread , Tag someone and hope they answer

ok

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @ArrowBoi said:

@mrs92 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mrs92 said:

You don't even realize you are annoying as fuck. Don't be a dick!

You have the right to ignore my discussion. Just don't even bother if its annoying to you.

Yes I did. But now I can't. It's up day after day.

@ViridWeb said:
    I think LET needs some age limits

We need some new rules. Limit the number of discussions a kid can create per week.

why are you trying to be so rude?
    I'm just trying to ask questions to pursue my research.

Why are you so annoyed of just threads? You need to get yourself checked.

Are you gonna create more discussions about all providers one by one, aren't you?

I do not f*king care about your "research" but I'd research on a search engine first if it were me. Your "research" is the very definition of spamming. Just go to school then ask your teacher if it is true what I am saying.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@ArrowBoi said:
    Okay so accepting international payments is a headache in india as an unregistered business.
    I was considering to just make the store prices in INR so that it'd be easy for me to sell in.
    (my english sucks, don't mind)

Okay so whats your first opinion on a hosting service that operates in INR?

only reason I wish to do this is because I can easily accept payments using stripe and razorpay.

But I was worried customers would ignore my host when they notice the prices in INR.

As far as I know the Stripe's INR Payment Gateway won't accept international cards, same probably applies to Razorpay

But all your question just suggests you are not ready for business .. else you will just end up being another SUMMER Host

You either do your research in google instead of asking people to do research for you on LET

Take advise from some consultant, and first research and find a good consultant

I'll try to answer you as I have been in your place 2 decades ago ...

Thanked by 1ViridWeb
  • @mrs92 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mrs92 said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@mrs92 said:

You don't even realize you are annoying as fuck. Don't be a dick!

You have the right to ignore my discussion. Just don't even bother if its annoying to you.

Yes I did. But now I can't. It's up day after day.

@ViridWeb said:
    I think LET needs some age limits

We need some new rules. Limit the number of discussions a kid can create per week.

why are you trying to be so rude?
    I'm just trying to ask questions to pursue my research.

Why are you so annoyed of just threads? You need to get yourself checked.

Are you gonna create more discussions about all providers one by one, aren't you?

I do not f*king care about your "research" but I'd research on a search engine first if it were me. Your "research" is the very definition of spamming. Just go to school then ask your teacher if it is true what I am saying.

lol ok

• @HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:
    Okay so accepting international payments is a headache in india as an unregistered business.
    I was considering to just make the store prices in INR so that it'd be easy for me to sell in.

only reason I wish to do this is because I can easily accept payments using stripe and razorpay.

But I was worried customers would ignore my host when they notice the prices in INR.

As far as I know the Stripe's INR Payment Gateway won't accept international cards, same probably applies to Razorpay

But all your question just suggests you are not ready for business .. else you will just end up being another SUMMER Host

You either do your research in google instead of asking people to do research for you on LET

thanks for an answer and I'm not trying to ask people to do research from me, just asking for opinion.
    And how come summerhost? What part of my questions make you feel I would be opening an sumerhost?
    Also I haven't decided when to start, I'm still doing my research.

edited December 2023

also I was trying to ask on people's first opinion on what they'd think of when they see a host operating in INR, would they give it a chance or would they completely ignore it.
    @HostEONS

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

thanks for an answer and I'm not trying to ask people to do research from me, just asking for opinion.
    And how come summerhost? What part of my questions make you feel I would be opening an sumerhost?

Answer to all the questions that you are asking today were available in google even 20 yrs ago ... so I'm sure there are many more available now ...

Regarding charging in INR, don't expect anybody outside India to order from you unless you are offering something unique ... nobody wants to check exchange rates etc... before ordering ...

USD is the global currency just go for it ..

• @HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

Answer to all the questions that you are asking today were available in google even 20 yrs ago ... so I'm sure there are many more available now ...

Regarding charging in INR, don't expect anybody outside India to order from you unless you are offering something unique ... nobody wants to check exchange rates etc... before ordering ...

thats the answer I needed thanks, I won't bother this forum anymore unless I have a bunch of questions collected together. hope that makes you angry people happy

• If you duplicate the Indian Rupees in dollar equivalent for the example value, it's fine.

Thanked by 2HostEONS ArrowBoi

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

thats the answer I needed thanks, I won't bother this forum anymore unless I have a bunch of questions collected together. hope that makes you angry people happy

LET'ers don't get angry so fast, else you would have undergone a complete dissection by now :wink:

• game server hosts are the biggest scams anyway

• @BigDongLong said:
    game server hosts are the biggest scams anyway

oh may I know why?

• @HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

LET'ers don't get angry so fast, else you would have undergone a complete dissection by now :wink:

well either way they started showing rage on me just for posting different threads so I guess I should watch it before posting.

• @jenkki said:
    If you duplicate the Indian Rupees in dollar equivalent for the example value, it's fine.

wait can you elaborate? I don't understand

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@HostEONS said:

@ArrowBoi said:

well either way they started showing rage on me just for posting different threads so I guess I should watch it before posting.

That was just a

• @ArrowBoi said:

oh may I know why?

paying premium for a crippled no-root-access vm tailored towards people who shouldn't administrate a public server in the first place

• @ArrowBoi said: wait can you elaborate? I don't understand

No one understands a number with many zeros. The Western world is used to counting prices in dollars or euros, which is clear to everyone. If you want to sell goods in the West, you must provide a translation of prices into their currency without remembering how much it costs.

If it is even a problem for them if the site is not in English, the unfamiliar currency is a bigger problem.

• @BigDongLong said:

@ArrowBoi said:

oh may I know why?

paying premium for a crippled no-root-access vm tailored towards people who shouldn't administrate a public server in the first place

But aren't some services like budget pricing better? for example 1$/gb minecraft hosts?
    We wouldn't have to pay soo much money for a vps or a dedi and the panel would be ready for us. Useful for people who wish to just develop their game servers and leave the rest to the provider and it won't require them to know about how vps and dedi work but I get what you're saying.

• @jenkki said:

@ArrowBoi said: wait can you elaborate? I don't understand

No one understands a number with many zeros. The Western world is used to counting prices in dollars or euros, which is clear to everyone. If you want to sell goods in the West, you must provide a translation of prices into their currency without remembering how much it costs.

If it is even a problem for them if the site is not in English, the unfamiliar currency is a bigger problem.

ya that makes sense and I understand.

• @ArrowBoi said:

But aren't some services like budget pricing better? for example 1$/gb minecraft hosts?
    We wouldn't have to pay soo much money for a vps or a dedi and the panel would be ready for us. Useful for people who wish to just develop their game servers and leave the rest to the provider and it won't require them to know about how vps and dedi work but I get what you're saying.

If you are developing plugins, why is it not done locally (FREE!)? Let your friends test through ngrok (FREE!)

A 2 player modern vanilla server would require 4gb ram minimum for a pleasant experience. That's already $4 excluding storage/processors based on your pricing. I think Contabo sells 8g4c machines capable of running mc for $5.50.

Unless cloudflare magic transit or some other actual premium service is offered as part of the game server hosting, its straight up a scam.

• @ArrowBoi said:

@dahartigan said: If you're getting memed out on discord it's probably because you're annoying and spammy in there too.

No?
    Discord is generally where people meme for no reason even for genuine questions.
    and no I don't spam on discord
    and wdym annoying? Whats part of asking questions is annoying? if you don't want to answer a question you just ignore it, simple.

@dahartigan said: You are being told by multiple people it's spam, so it's spam.

there's no proper mention of what spam exactly is on LET.
    There's nothing wrong with asking multiple questions in separate threads.

And it doesn't cos you cent to not be rude, you could have said it in a way better way and I would have understood. There's no reason to call this thread shit. I'm asking genuine questions related to my research.

Sigh. You've opened a bunch of threads in a very short period of time. That's spamming.

As for your research, all I can say is your research methodology is flawed. You should research more quietly. Use your resources like the lovely search feature of this site and Google.

It's just general forum etiquette.

Now, send bobs as reparations.

• @BigDongLong said:

@ArrowBoi said:

If you are developing plugins, why is it not done locally (FREE!)? Let your friends test through ngrok (FREE!)

A 2 player modern vanilla server would require 4gb ram minimum for a pleasant experience. That's already $4 excluding storage/processors based on your pricing. I think Contabo sells 8g4c machines capable of running mc for $5.50.

Unless cloudflare magic transit or some other actual premium service is offered as part of the game server hosting, its straight up a scam.

okay

• @dahartigan said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@dahartigan said: If you're getting memed out on discord it's probably because you're annoying and spammy in there too.

No?
    Discord is generally where people meme for no reason even for genuine questions.
    and no I don't spam on discord
    and wdym annoying? Whats part of asking questions is annoying? if you don't want to answer a question you just ignore it, simple.

@dahartigan said: You are being told by multiple people it's spam, so it's spam.

there's no proper mention of what spam exactly is on LET.
    There's nothing wrong with asking multiple questions in separate threads.

And it doesn't cos you cent to not be rude, you could have said it in a way better way and I would have understood. There's no reason to call this thread shit. I'm asking genuine questions related to my research.

Sigh. You've opened a bunch of threads in a very short period of time. That's spamming.

As for your research, all I can say is your research methodology is flawed. You should research more quietly. Use your resources like the lovely search feature of this site and Google.

It's just general forum etiquette.

Now, send bobs as reparations.

I understand, sorry.

• LET should implement posting limits for underage kids. I can't handle this spam anymore.

edited December 2023

@Uchiha said:
    LET should implement posting limits for underage kids. I can't handle this spam anymore.

I'm not underaged?
    and I already apologized?
    whats wrong with you?

• edited December 2023

@ArrowBoi said:

@FatGrizzly said: From what I see, you've opened quite a lot of threads, mostly What do you guys think of X, or is X or Y better type.

ya cuz I've got no one else to ask about my questions, you're telling me to do research but seem to have a problem when I do the research.

Research doesn't necessarily equal asking questions. For a large part research means reading, reading and then some more reading. If there is something, which after all that reading, is still unclear then it's time to start asking questions. I don't mean any offense but it's quite obvious that you pretty much skipped on the reading part (which is also likely part of the reason people are saying your questions are annoying).