Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Christmas EPYC KVM DEAL for 8.90€ per month - Page 9
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Christmas EPYC KVM DEAL for 8.90€ per month

Comments

• @bikrama said:

@kenjing789 said:

@bikrama said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

@bikrama said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    If someone wants to get rid of the server mentioned in this topic, please message me so we can do something to transfer it.

Why you want to get rid of the server?

Why not? Maybe the guy doesn't want to pay anymore for that service.

I mean to ask, Are you facing any issue with them that you want to get rid of it?

He mean he want someone give up and transfer server since he miss the deal

Ahh, Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am getting issues with their network speed. My VPS don't go more than 200-250Mbps. Sometimes very rare 400-500mbps. I have just used 10 GB of bandwidth. Look like now they are too much oversold!!!

can you share a yabs?

• berohostberohost Member, Patron Provider

@dev_vps said:

@berohost said:

@kenjing789 said:

@berohost said:

@Pilzbaum said:

@Pilzbaum said: @berohost I couldn't find any FUP / AUP / TOS regarding resource limits?
    Are there any regarding (continuous) CPU usage and/or (continuous) network usage?
    And do they differ for regular and xmas offers?
    Thanks!

Any comments on that @berohost?

The bandwidth is limited to 25 TB per month, as mentioned in the post. After that, throttling to 100 Mbit/s can occur.
    A permanent utilization of the CPU is not allowed, especially mining or continuous 100% utilization. You are welcome to open a ticket with us and clarify whether your project is okay with us.

Is 100% mean 1 core or 6 core , since some provider use 100% x core formula.

Just asking since you use 100% instead of full

In principle, it can be used 100% at any time, but not permanently, as the cores are not dedicated. It should not be a problem if you use 50-60% permanently and have peaks up to 100%. There should only be no permanent load at 100%, as we do not allow mining or similar.

Can I use 100% for 3-4 hours and under 20% for the rest of the day?

The average utilization would be under 35% over 24 hours period.

Yes

Thanked by 2dev_vps Pilzbaum

@bikrama said:

@berohost said:

@bikrama said:

@kenjing789 said:

@bikrama said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:

@bikrama said:

@COLBYLICIOUS said:
    If someone wants to get rid of the server mentioned in this topic, please message me so we can do something to transfer it.

Why you want to get rid of the server?

Why not? Maybe the guy doesn't want to pay anymore for that service.

I mean to ask, Are you facing any issue with them that you want to get rid of it?

He mean he want someone give up and transfer server since he miss the deal

Ahh, Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am getting issues with their network speed. My VPS don't go more than 200-250Mbps. Sometimes very rare 400-500mbps. I have just used 10 GB of bandwidth. Look like now they are too much oversold!!!

Sufficient bandwidth should always be available. Please contact Ticket Support so that we can check this.

Already ticket is open from last 24hrs and also CLI test screenshot also sent to you as you asked.

I will check your ticket promptly. The speed tests are often not so good under Windows. Does the problem also occur under Linux? Test servers on the same host system were able to reach over 1 Gbps without any problems.

• What's wrong with the server @berohost ? Opened a ticket
    never had this issue until the last 24 hours.

• @malcommerlyn said:
    What's wrong with the server @berohost ? Opened a ticket
    never had this issue until the last 24 hours.

Heard a few people get low network speeds when using windows not sure if it’s related

• wuckwuck Member
    edited December 2023

Still working perfectly for me more than enough on 2 server

• @berohost Mine also seems capped at less than 200 Mbps although I haven't done anything special with traffic. Why?

• oh my god!

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-11-30                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Wed Dec 27 20:35:24 +03 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7443 24-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 6 @ 2844.223 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 11.7 GiB
    Swap       : 3.0 GiB
    Disk       : 1006.9 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.133.1-microsoft-standard-WSL2
    VM Type    : WSL
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : ROETH \u0026 BECK GbR
    ASN        : AS44486 Oliver Horscht is trading as \"SYNLINQ\"
    Host       : Rene Roeth trading as ROETH \u0026 BECK GbR
    Location   : Gelnhausen, Hesse (HE)
    Country    : Germany

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 51.7 Mbits/sec  | 69.8 Mbits/sec  | 14.4 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 69.7 Mbits/sec  | 13.1 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 50.1 Mbits/sec  | 52.2 Mbits/sec  | 49.5 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 72.3 Mbits/sec  | 99.0 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 48.9 Mbits/sec  | 68.1 Mbits/sec  | 80.2 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 51.0 Mbits/sec  | 67.0 Mbits/sec  | 73.7 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 49.2 Mbits/sec  | 65.3 Mbits/sec  | 176 ms

YABS completed in 3 min 34 sec

• I still have good speeds, someone on your nodes might be hammering the port

• @vitobotta said:
    @berohost Mine also seems capped at less than 200 Mbps although I haven't done anything special with traffic. Why?

10 euros

• Maybe if you all didn't get hooked on speed tests like it's fucking cocaine, you'd get higher speeds

• MoopahMoopah Member
    edited December 2023

@emgh said:
    Maybe if you all didn't get hooked on speed tests like it's fucking cocaine, you'd get higher speeds

Are you really enjoying life if you are not running YABS/speedtest 24/7 via cronjobs?

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @Moopah said:

@emgh said:
    Maybe if you all didn't get hooked on speed tests like it's fucking cocaine, you'd get higher speeds

Are you really enjoying if you are not running YABS/speedtest 24/7 via cronjobs?

According to this thread, no.

• As i told you a few days ago, a node full of LET customers will kill this deal againn ;)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • Running crontabs 24/7 and then crying when the speeds are low

Thanked by 1emgh
  • My VPS from the Halloween offer is now unreachable. Anyone else?

• malcommerlynmalcommerlyn Member
    edited December 2023

things are getting worse on my side

C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\iperf-3.1.3-win64\iperf-3.1.3-win64>iperf3 -c fra.speedtest.clouvider.net -p 5200-5209
    Connecting to host fra.speedtest.clouvider.net, port 5200
    [  4] local 2a0e:6a80:3:4be:: port 50131 connected to 2a0f:9440:1:b::2 port 5200
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth
    [  4]   0.00-1.10   sec  8.00 MBytes  60.9 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   1.10-2.09   sec  5.62 MBytes  47.7 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   2.09-3.01   sec  5.12 MBytes  47.1 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   3.01-4.09   sec  10.4 MBytes  80.2 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   4.09-5.00   sec  3.50 MBytes  32.3 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   5.00-6.01   sec  3.50 MBytes  29.2 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   6.01-7.00   sec  3.62 MBytes  30.6 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   7.00-8.01   sec  2.50 MBytes  20.9 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   8.01-9.16   sec  8.50 MBytes  61.6 Mbits/sec
    [  4]   9.16-10.00  sec  6.50 MBytes  65.1 Mbits/sec
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  57.2 MBytes  48.0 Mbits/sec                  sender
    [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  57.2 MBytes  48.0 Mbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

• Looks good to me

Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 883 Mbits/sec   | 982 Mbits/sec   | 10.9 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 12.3 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 903 Mbits/sec   | 910 Mbits/sec   | 7.19 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 438 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 94.5 ms        
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 425 Mbits/sec   | 401 Mbits/sec   | 84.6 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 621 Mbits/sec   | 200 Mbits/sec   | 118 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 398 Mbits/sec   | 241 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms  

• I having some downtime at the worst possible time as I was doing something important/urgent. I am tired of these frequent issues so I am likely going to migrate my data elsewhere. I hope they can issue a refund.

• @vitobotta said:
    I having some downtime at the worst possible time as I was doing something important/urgent. I am tired of these frequent issues so I am likely going to migrate my data elsewhere. I hope they can issue a refund.

I think they have been afflicted by the same condition as Contabo. They must be too close to each other in Germany. I hope Hetzner doesn't catch the same illness.

• @Moopah said:
    Looks good to me

Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 883 Mbits/sec   | 982 Mbits/sec   | 10.9 ms        
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 12.3 ms        
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 903 Mbits/sec   | 910 Mbits/sec   | 7.19 ms        
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 438 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 94.5 ms        
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 425 Mbits/sec   | 401 Mbits/sec   | 84.6 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 621 Mbits/sec   | 200 Mbits/sec   | 118 ms         
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 398 Mbits/sec   | 241 Mbits/sec   | 149 ms  

Some of us are satisfied with the service, while others are not. It's a situation similar to what people are experiencing with Contabo.

I agree with what others have said; these machines are probably extremely oversold at this price.

• My server just came up. It was down (shows uptime 2 mins now) not a network issue. I will probably go back to a dedicated server from Hetzner auction.

• @vitobotta said:
    I having some downtime at the worst possible time as I was doing something important/urgent. I am tired of these frequent issues so I am likely going to migrate my data elsewhere. I hope they can issue a refund.

I'm sorry about the situation you're experiencing right now.

I'm curious about your new provider. If in Europe please test Strato V-server packages and let us know. Servers with giant nvme disks.

@vitobotta said:

In fact, the problem only affected around 20 servers on one host system. This host system was restarted due to a temporary network fault and the corresponding HA policy. All servers were up and running again after a few minutes.

• @tra10000 said:

@vitobotta said:

I'm curious about your new provider. If in Europe please test Strato V-server packages and let us know. Servers with giant nvme disks.

Do you work for Strato? The VC8-32 plan would be perfect but the reviews worry me.

If there are problems with the network connection, report them via the support ticket. We look at every problem in detail. Sufficient bandwidth is available.
    @vitobotta @Moopah @malcommerlyn @maxwell @allthemtings

• @vitobotta said:

@tra10000 said:

@vitobotta said:

Do you work for Strato? The VC8-32 plan would be perfect but the reviews worry me.

No, I don't work with them. I know you are just looking for big disk.

This is a offer topic. It wasn't good to talk about other companies. Sorry @berohost

• malcommerlynmalcommerlyn Member
    edited December 2023

@berohost said:
    If there are problems with the network connection, report them via the support ticket. We look at every problem in detail. Sufficient bandwidth is available.

Nothing's changed on my side

@malcommerlyn said:

@berohost said:

I will take a look at it. Give me a few minutes.

@malcommerlyn said:

@berohost said:

I see no network problems on a test server on the same host system and achieve approx. 800 Mbps in download and upload.
    I see that you are using a Windows operating system. Can you also detect the problems under Linux? For Windows operating systems, we recommend running the tests with the CLI: https://speedtest.net/de/apps/cli

Is it faster with this?