Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need your mind about my cloud servers platform.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need your mind about my cloud servers platform.

0x054m40x054m4 Member, Patron Provider

Hello everybody, I'm building cloud servers platform (just to imagine: DigitalOcean-like). I've already formed my company (legally) and brought my infrastructure (ASN & Hardware & IP blocks) hosted on Tornado DC in Germany. I'm focusing on making the platform user-friendly because all my problems in the past were with the difficulty dealing with popular companies like DO and Hetzner.
I've coded almost 80% of the website (both back-end and front-end) I'm using my own native code and didn't use any system like WHMCS because I think it's not going to be professional.
I'll attach some screenshots of the platform; I need to know about your minds, any new ideas, what's your expectation if I'm going to success or not..
Note that I'm investing almost $2K in the hardware and I'm not planning to build small-scaled company.
I've already studied all competitors' offers and know how to deal with them.
Thank you.
Screenshots:- https://pasteboard.co/zuurcI6SbaCO.png, https://pasteboard.co/BLnYZDgbpDcU.png, https://pasteboard.co/iiiYHMrD0jV2.png

Thanked by 2emgh homelabber

Comments

• This is interesting, for backend do you leverage any kind technology like openstack ?. Or you're using virtualization like Proxmox?

• @0x054m4 said: Note that I'm investing almost $2K in the hardware and I'm not planning to build small-scaled company.

Find the error.

• Looks awesome. With huge investments like $2k in hardware colocated in Tornado DC, it’s a shame that you decided to compete with small fishes like DO and Hetnzer and not Azure or AWS directly. I have no doubt that you’ll be successful. In fact it screams “success” in every single word you wrote.

• @0x054m4 said: I've already studied all competitors' offers and know how to deal with them.

xD

• gsea4gsea4 Member
    edited December 2023

Deja vu? I think I've seen a similar discussion here. And the panel looks familiar too! 😕

Edit: Found the thread https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188954/looking-for-partner-with-servers-to-lunch-my-new-cloud-platform-to-compete-with-vultr-digital-ocean

• The interface looks good. It'd be better to just launch a Beta when you're almost done. Members might be in a better position to recommend changes or improvements once they experience what you have to offer.

GL!

• Looks great but I think it would look far more polished using something like Tailwind.

I don't want to put a negative spin on it as you are having a go which is more than most. But... As a full-stack developer and employer of developers, it does worry me when a developer says they built something using all their own code. You can't know everything, and frameworks like Laravel exist to streamline and solve a lot of security issues for you straight out of the box.

Stuff I've been working on this week in Laravel and Tailwind:

https://pasteboard.co/d7mirfFBrPlI.png
    https://pasteboard.co/OVlkqYB4WsDM.png
    https://pasteboard.co/CMs25UufJuQh.png

If you ever want to have a chat, happy to point you in the right direction.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • 0x054m40x054m4 Member, Patron Provider

@gsea4 said:
    Deja vu? I think I've seen a similar discussion here. And the panel looks familiar too! 😕

Edit: Found the thread https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/188954/looking-for-partner-with-servers-to-lunch-my-new-cloud-platform-to-compete-with-vultr-digital-ocean

Actually this is my first discussion here, and the code is completely written by me and I didn't use even 1 line of any external code. Maybe just coincidence.

@qeba said:
    This is interesting, for backend do you leverage any kind technology like openstack ?. Or you're using virtualization like Proxmox?

SolusVM API

@jmaxwell said:
    Looks awesome. With huge investments like $2k in hardware colocated in Tornado DC, it’s a shame that you decided to compete with small fishes like DO and Hetnzer and not Azure or AWS directly. I have no doubt that you’ll be successful. In fact it screams “success” in every single word you wrote.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Actually I don't have the sufficient hardware resources as much as Azure or AWS, I mean it's somehow extremely difficult to compete with them in this point. But in simplicity, and user-friendly UI, I can even excel them.

@noob404 said:
    The interface looks good. It'd be better to just launch a Beta when you're almost done. Members might be in a better position to recommend changes or improvements once they experience what you have to offer.

GL!

I will do that! Thank you for your feedback.

• @gsea4 said:

Obviously it’s some 11 year old, perhaps a friend of @Otus9051 ?

@mrl22 said:
    Looks great but I think it would look far more polished using something like Tailwind.

I don't want to put a negative spin on it as you are having a go which is more than most. But... As a full-stack developer and employer of developers, it does worry me when a developer says they built something using all their own code. You can't know everything, and frameworks like Laravel exist to streamline and solve a lot of security issues for you straight out of the box.

Stuff I've been working on this week in Laravel and Tailwind:

https://pasteboard.co/d7mirfFBrPlI.png
    https://pasteboard.co/OVlkqYB4WsDM.png
    https://pasteboard.co/CMs25UufJuQh.png

If you ever want to have a chat, happy to point you in the right direction.

Thank you for your feedback. Personally, I like to write the code as a native code, I think this will be more flexible for future updates. Again, thank you for your comment.

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited December 2023

@0x054m4 said: , I like to write the code as a native code, I think this will be more flexible for future updates.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy coding, and I used to write everything from scratch up until the point that my stuff started to get hacked. I then took a web security course where I learnt the ins and outs of many vulnerabilities and realised how much I didn't know. I now much prefer following a guide of a framework as all the hard things have already been thought out, and the security has been solved. It has also made it more enjoyable.

You don't know what you don't know.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@0x054m4

"Image not found". And the DC doesn't even have a proper website yet.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@mrl22 said:

@0x054m4 said: , I like to write the code as a native code, I think this will be more flexible for future updates.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy coding, and I used to write everything from scratch up until the point that my stuff started to get hacked. I then took a web security course where I learnt the ins and outs of many vulnerabilities and realised how much I didn't know. I now much prefer following a guide of a framework as all the hard things have already been thought out, and the security has been solved. It has also made it more enjoyable.

You don't know what you don't know.

I think there's actually merit in both of your decisions. Personally if I felt capable to do it on my own - it benefits greatly to me because I don't have to fight a framework / am able to provide updates in a more timely manner - coming from coding modules in Drupal (as just one example) - things as simple as ajax can become a pain to do Drupal out of the standard use cases they support via the framework.

Conversely, if the price of the software is cheaper to buy from a professional than me spending years to code it, then I consider it an investment to speed up my goal and purchase. Example a billing panel supporting different modules for different services - I might consider buying that instead of getting frustrated with having to connect to third party elements.

• @risharde

You haven't found the right framework. Drupal is terrible, I wouldn't call it a framework. It is more of a CMS. I have wrote WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, OpenCart, PrestaShop, Magento.

Now I just stick with Laravel, no fighting at all. If it needs a CMS, I use Statamic. If it is e-commerce, which I rarely do now, I use Shopify.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@mrl22 said:
    @risharde

You haven't found the right framework. Drupal is terrible, I wouldn't call it a framework. It is more of a CMS. I have wrote WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, OpenCart, PrestaShop, Magento.

Now I just stick with Laravel, no fighting at all. If it needs a CMS, I use Statamic. If it is e-commerce, which I rarely do now, I use Shopify.

Well the Symphony framework but yes you're right, I did mean CMS on top the framework. I used Laravel and it was okay but it also has a learning curve even though they do hand hold you for quite a few things.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

Does your platform have hourly billing?

@BasToTheMax said:
    Does your platform have hourly billing?

Until now, no. But I'm thinking of it

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

You have way too much whitespace.

Hire @mrl22

@0x054m4 said: didn't use any system like WHMCS because I think it's not going to be professional

@0x054m4 said: SolusVM

Thanked by 2darkimmortal sasslik
  • $2K for just hardware? It's too much. I think you should split it into 50% and give $1K to advertisements. (or idlers)

• Interface looks good but spacing can be more uniform.
    But what is your unique selling point? DO and Hetzner / netcup are already easy to use.
    Like they have great uptime and pricing.

• febryanvaldofebryanvaldo Member
    edited December 2023

@0x054m4 said: Note that I'm investing almost $2K in the hardware and I'm not planning to build small-scaled company.

I already found the problem here.

@0x054m4 said: I've already studied all competitors' offers and know how to deal with them.

but... how?

@gsea4 said: Deja vu? I think I've seen a similar discussion here. And the panel looks familiar too! 😕

Yeah, He also said this, in his last thread.

looking for serious entrepreneurs i'm looking to compete with Vultr Digital Ocean and linode who is interested DM me to discuss this more about this unbelievable opportunity

Do you even know what you are talking about here?

• What will your screenshots give us? We need to look and touch it

• seems like another deadpool on the way, Bro no point to enter these industry there are already players providing extraordinary services for just 1-2$/mo. If you can go below this😂do let me know i will be order a couple of vps

• provide the demo or beta, people can help to test, that would be more interesting.

• sivesive Member, Host Rep

@yaty497 said:
    seems like another deadpool on the way, Bro no point to enter these industry there are already players providing extraordinary services for just 1-2$/mo. If you can go below this😂do let me know i will be order a couple of vps

I think that if hes set on developing his own systems instead of WHMCS it gives him a level of modularity set apart from many of his competition such that he can explore his own niche markets. It probably saves a penny and you can understand what the backend is actually doing especially if he decides to make his own libvirt control plane.

This is the route i've decided to go as well. Get a ASN, blocks, hardware so that you are able to be agile with your datacenters for expansion and additionally you can offer many more types of unmanaged hosting. I think its a good idea but leaves you more vulnerable so you do have to keep robustness in mind. I know many providers like WHMCS because there has been so much adoption to it so there are myriad extensions to add onto the function of the billing interface. You can add things like DNS management, hourly billing, IP management, auto deployment which in the end makes it a hassle to develop your own yet there are so many lessons.

Another level of unique business perspectives and competition makes this industry pretty fun to be apart of.

• @yaty497 said:
    seems like another deadpool on the way, Bro no point to enter these industry there are already players providing extraordinary services for just 1-2$/mo. If you can go below this😂do let me know i will be order a couple of vps

Why so negative? He plans to compete with Hetzner, Digital Ocean and Azure & AWS(once the UI is ready) and not with those 1$ VPS sellers catering LowEndPeasants. With an investment of $2k, it is totally doable.

Rumor is that Microsoft and Amazon has called for emergency board meetings to discuss strategies to deal with this new competitor.

/s

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

I could prolly ask midjourney to create me some similar UI with even more features...