Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need your mind about my cloud servers platform. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need your mind about my cloud servers platform.

2»

Comments

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Come to us in colocation, there would be a perfect match between your budget and aspirations and with our infrastructure.

• BasToTheMaxBasToTheMax Member, Host Rep

@0x054m4 said:

@BasToTheMax said:
    Does your platform have hourly billing?

Until now, no. But I'm thinking of it

Vultr, DO, Linode, AWS, Azure and GCP have hourly billing, so why compete with hourly-billed providers if you're going to do monthly-billing only?

• @jmaxwell said:

@yaty497 said:
    seems like another deadpool on the way, Bro no point to enter these industry there are already players providing extraordinary services for just 1-2$/mo. If you can go below this😂do let me know i will be order a couple of vps

Why so negative? He plans to compete with Hetzner, Digital Ocean and Azure & AWS(once the UI is ready) and not with those 1$ VPS sellers catering LowEndPeasants. With an investment of $2k, it is totally doable.

Rumor is that Microsoft and Amazon has called for emergency board meetings to discuss strategies to deal with this new competitor.

/s

Bro don't know from where your rumours come but let me tell you the conclusion of the meeting it will be let's buy or crush whomsoever comes our way. Bro his total budget is 10X less than the free credit which amazon provides 😂 to everyone under startup program and have seen many guys taking benifits from this and selling to their friends or knowns. Earlier there were two type of vendors one were expensive big cloud players and the other were affordable players. But with the onset of players like vultr and linode amazon has reduced its aws ligtsail price to just 3.5$ which can come more down than this in future and if it doesn't there is a lot of free tier and free credits that a user does not have to pay for a couple of years until their idea is profitable. Like azure also provided a lot of credits to openAI in initial days. So don't misguide this guy to compete with these players . This guy can only merely survive If he gets a provider tag and sell 1-2 $ vps like most people here but if he goes outside LET and and use methods which most big company uses he will be crushed. CPA for acquiring a vps customer has reached too high on Google ads so don't give him false hope to compete in this market with pennies. Every tech guy has a fantasy to have servers blinking in the basement but the commercial market for this industry is totally a bloodbath😂😂

• Bro don't know from where your rumours come but let me tell you the conclusion of the meeting it will be let's buy or crush whomsoever comes our way. Bro his total budget is 10X less than the free credit which amazon provides 😂 to everyone under startup program and have seen many guys taking benifits from this and selling to their friends or knowns. Earlier there were two type of vendors one were expensive big cloud players and the other were affordable players. But with the onset of players like vultr and linode amazon has reduced its aws ligtsail price to just 3.5$ which can come more down than this in future and if it doesn't there is a lot of free tier and free credits that a user does not have to pay for a couple of years until their idea is profitable. Like azure also provided a lot of credits to openAI in initial days. So don't misguide this guy to compete with these players . This guy can only merely survive If he gets a provider tag and sell 1-2 $ vps like most people here but if he goes outside LET and and use methods which most big company uses he will be crushed. CPA for acquiring a vps customer has reached too high on Google ads so don't give him false hope to compete in this market with pennies. Every tech guy has a fantasy to have servers blinking in the basement but the commercial market for this industry is totally a bloodbath😂😂

• Meeting conclusion: "buy or crush" competition
    • Budget is 10X less than Amazon's startup credits
    • Evolution of cloud service providers: expensive and affordable options
    • Amazon's AWS Lightsail price reduced to $3.5
    • Caution against competing with established players
    • Warning about high customer acquisition costs and tough competition in the industry
    • Commercial market for the industry is highly competitive
  • Meeting conclusion: Micheal Scott paper company shall be bought by Dunder Mifflin

• Other than having a UI that looks like other cloud provider, what makes u exactly a “cloud” provider?

• flexible short term (minute/hourly) billing?
    • user configurable software defined network?
    • seemingly unlimited resources user can utilize within minutes?
    • wide array of custom service offerings for applications on scale?
    Thanked by 2BasToTheMax mrl22
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited December 2023

Can you grant free credits for the first month? IBM can.
    Can you give free small VM forever? Google can.
    Can you allow post-paid service billed to a credit card? Scaleway can.
    Can you provision routed IPv6? BuyVM can.
    Can you setup BGP session with automation? Vultr can.
    Can you offer servers on hourly basis? TensorDock can.
    Can you offer GPU into the server? TensorDock can.
    Can the boot volume be kept when a server is terminated, in order to create a new server from the same boot volume? Oracle can.
    Can application developers sell pre-packaged system images and receive hourly license money? AWS can.
    Can you provide high availability between locations? AWS can.
    Can you offer physical peering port with on-premise equipment? Google can.
    Can you allow sending spam? Limestone can.

If any of the answers is NO, why would I choose your platform?

• @0x054m4 said:
    I'm focusing on making the platform user-friendly because all my problems in the past were with the difficulty dealing with popular companies like DO and Hetzner.

Do you have a specific example where the UX wasn't up to par and how you've resolved this with your platform?

• edited December 2023

@undefined111 said:
    what makes u exactly a “cloud” provider?

There is a picture of a cloud on the front page. He just hasn't posted it yet.

@yoursunny said:
    Can you privision routed IPv6? BuyVM can.
    Can the boot volume be kept when a server is terminated, in order to create a new server fromthe same boot volume? Oracle can.
    Can application developers offer pre-packaged system images, and sell such images to receive license money? AWS can.

Long term security. Remember: He has ways to deal with all those.

• @totally_not_banned said:

@undefined111 said:
    what makes u exactly a “cloud” provider?

There is a picture of a cloud on the front page. He just hasn't posted it yet.

Guess that would do.

Anyway OP, one of the reason why u think other cloud is not very good in terms of UX is mainly because.. they are there to solve complex problem in the first place. With any big enough abstraction, it will bound to be leaky (look at SQL).

Imo cloud is designed to solve 2 things: accessible scalability and rapid flexibility. I want to have resources only for X amount of time without huge upfront investment and I need it instantly without having to ask to the provider whether they have enough themselves (i believe exception might occur, eg. If u are at netflix scale).

It is popular because it met the businesses requirements. After all, if I’m a retail having a big promotion on Black Friday, why wouldn’t I just buy enough resource for that time and billed appropriately if I could?

• @yoursunny said:
    Can you grant free credits for the first month? IBM can.
    Can you give free small VM forever? Google can.
    Can you allow post-paid service billed to a credit card? Scaleway can.
    Can you provision routed IPv6? BuyVM can.
    Can the boot volume be kept when a server is terminated, in order to create a new server from the same boot volume? Oracle can.
    Can application developers sell pre-packaged system images and receive hourly license money? AWS can.

Can any of them provide 1$ servers with blackjack and hookers ? OP can.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned