Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Save Big on London VPS with JustVPS - Up to 70% Off Promo Code Inside! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Save Big on London VPS with JustVPS - Up to 70% Off Promo Code Inside!

Comments

• @JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:
    Thank you for posting, your spam IPs have been doubled.

We dare you to send spam and see how fast we block your illegal activity. Our goal is not to block legal users, but to build an infrastructure that automatically and efficiently fights any illegal activity, whether it's spam, brute force, or anything else. Trust us, users who break the law will be blocked in no time.

I suggest you ask these four companies to unblock you first :D

Some sites unfairly label us as a scam, based on two criteria: the lack of reviews and ratings, and the use of cryptocurrency. This is not a true reflection of our site's quality and reliability. We are in the process of getting whitelisted by these services.

They aren't labeling you as a "scam" but instead as "phishing" and they labeled you around 5 months ago so clearly it has anything to do with reviews and crypto,

• JustVPS_PROJustVPS_PRO Member, Patron Provider

@TrK said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

We dare you to send spam and see how fast we block your illegal activity. Our goal is not to block legal users, but to build an infrastructure that automatically and efficiently fights any illegal activity, whether it's spam, brute force, or anything else. Trust us, users who break the law will be blocked in no time.

Some sites unfairly label us as a scam, based on two criteria: the lack of reviews and ratings, and the use of cryptocurrency. This is not a true reflection of our site's quality and reliability. We are in the process of getting whitelisted by these services.

They aren't labeling you as a "scam" but instead as "phishing" and they labeled you around 5 months ago so clearly it has anything to do with reviews and crypto,

Some sites wrongly assume that accepting cryptocurrency for VPS services indicates fraud, but this is false.

• @JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

Some sites wrongly assume that accepting cryptocurrency for VPS services indicates fraud, but this is false.

Let me share what "phishing" means.

Phishing: Counterfeit web pages that duplicate legitimate business web pages for the purpose of eliciting financial, personal, or other private information from the users.

@TrK said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:

@TrK said:

Let me share what "phishing" means.

Phishing: Counterfeit web pages that duplicate legitimate business web pages for the purpose of eliciting financial, personal, or other private information from the users.

We are well aware of phishing and its dangers, but our site has nothing to do with it. We only accept payments through secure and trusted payment gateways (such as PayPal, Stripe, and others) and we never access our clients' financial information. Therefore, labeling our site as phishing is unjust and illegal from these services.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited December 2023

@tsoft said:
    I think it is a project of baxet.ru / justhost.ru

That's not an issue in my eyes. I have justhost.ru tiny VPS on two different locations since the end of 2020 and they just work.
    Nothing special, but also not problematic.
    They constantly add new interesting locations and try to adapt to the western market. Imho they are okayish for what I pay.

Thanked by 1JustVPS_PRO
  • @Mumbly said:
    That's not an issue in my eyes. I have justhost.ru tiny VPS on two different locations since the end of 2020 and they just work.

I also don't see any problem. Just make sure to identify the owner. Now, you can proceed with the purchase for a duration of three years.

But for mail is not usable. They block spam, but it's enough to annoy the neighbours.

Reputation of this provider is negative across mailboxes.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

Checked the stats for this DC

1211 IPs send mail

223 were used by spammers past week.

It may be blocked now, but anyway, the number is high.

-22629/1211= -19 score per IP

Sendgrid +27, mx route +33
    -19 is not good.

• @tsoft said: Checked the stats for this DC

Where did you check this ?

• domain doesn't open as its marked as scam

@wii747 said:
    domain doesn't open as its marked as scam

We have been unjustly accused of being a scam by some sites, who judge us only by the absence of reviews and ratings, and the fact that we accept cryptocurrency. These are not valid indicators of our site's excellence and trustworthiness. We are working hard to get approved by these services.

• Firefox doest want to load the site!

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to justvps.pro. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

Internal reports.

Overall, satisfied with their prompt actions against spam.
    They block spammers quickly, but anyway, they are for spammers like honey for bear.
    20% IPs were owned by known spammers. As a result, negative rep across mail providers.

About domain marked as scam, obviously, false positive. baxet / justhost unlikely would scam. Just misconfigured something.

@tsoft said:

Internal reports.

Overall, satisfied with their prompt actions against spam.
    They block spammers quickly, but anyway, they are for spammers like honey for bear.
    20% IPs were owned by known spammers. As a result, negative rep across mail providers.

About domain marked as scam, obviously, false positive. baxet / justhost unlikely would scam. Just misconfigured something.

Wow, 20%? That’s a huge number! Where did you find that statistic? If that’s really the case, then that means almost a quarter of our IP addresses (over 12,000 out of 60,000) are being used for SPAM. That’s hard to believe. Are you sure these data are accurate? Please share your source with me in a private message or by email at [email protected].

@wii747 said:
    Firefox doest want to load the site!

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to justvps.pro. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

That’s a strange error! It sounds like Firefox is having trouble connecting to web site because of an SSL certificate issue. We have tried to reproduce the problem on our end, but everything seems to work fine on all browsers, including Firefox. We have also verified that web site has a valid SSL certificate that is trusted by all major web browsers. So, what could be causing this error?

You may want to try some of the following solutions:

• Reset Firefox to default settings
    • Update Firefox to the latest version
    • Remove any extensions that may interfere with SSL connections
    • Clear your browser cache and cookies
    • Disable Firefox proxy settings

We hope that these suggestions will help you resolve the error and enjoy web site on Firefox. If you still encounter the problem, please share more information with us, such as your Firefox version, operating system, and any error logs. We appreciate your cooperation and feedback. Thank you for choosing us as your service provider!

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

@JustVPS_PRO said:
    Wow, 20%? That’s a huge number!

20% of these who send mail.

Look at stats above

From 26383 ntw

Here you have 16640 ips
    1211 ips send mail.
    223 were used by spammers

223 * 100 / 1211 = 18.5% of these who send mail were spammers.

Can check other networks. Any random from you

11008 ips
    192 send mail
    35 used by spammers
    35*100 / 192 = 18.2%
    -3476 / 192 = -18 score per IPs

the same for other networks you own.

This is reality, what to do. Spammers abuse your network and harm other clients.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

So spam operators know and use your services. You block them, they just order new servers.

You have -18 score on average per IP that sends mail. Below zero.

Look at industry standards
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3813397/#Comment_3813397

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

@tsoft said:>

If do not mind, can you share country of this spammer and IP (even if proxy and fake user data).
    Can send to PM.

I may send you a list of next spammers in your network. However, you block them effectively. It is good.

@tsoft said:

@JustVPS_PRO said:
    Wow, 20%? That’s a huge number!

20% of these who send mail.

Look at stats above

From 26383 ntw

Here you have 16640 ips
    1211 ips send mail.
    223 were used by spammers

223 * 100 / 1211 = 18.5% of these who send mail were spammers.

Can check other networks. Any random from you

11008 ips
    192 send mail
    35 used by spammers
    35*100 / 192 = 18.2%
    -3476 / 192 = -18 score per IPs

the same for other networks you own.

This is reality, what to do. Spammers abuse your network and harm other clients.

We are skeptical about the accuracy of these data for two reasons:

What is the origin of this information, and how many IP addresses are involved in the SMPT service? Our data (traffic dump) shows a much higher number of IP addresses that used port 25 at least once.

We also get data from various sources about SPAM (SpamCop, SpamHouse and many others) and we lack data on the number of IP addresses that were active in sending SPAM (excluding legal letters). Hence, we question the credibility of your information and its sources, as you have not provided any details beyond the numbers.

• I am not sure why companies allow spam on their network at all. IPv4 space is like gold dust, and the IP reputation is one of the major things that defines you as a premium provider.

This offer looks like a great deal, and I was considering taking it up, but I wouldn't want our sites blocked by association. It is such a hard thing to detect when sales are dropping because customers don't call and tell you that they saw a block page.

We host everything with Digital Ocean, and they have had this issue recently and now no longer allow outgoing mail from new Droplets.

Hope you get it sorted, good luck!

Thanked by 1JustVPS_PRO

@mrl22 said:
    I am not sure why companies allow spam on their network at all. IPv4 space is like gold dust, and the IP reputation is one of the major things that defines you as a premium provider.

This offer looks like a great deal, and I was considering taking it up, but I wouldn't want our sites blocked by association. It is such a hard thing to detect when sales are dropping because customers don't call and tell you that they saw a block page.

We host everything with Digital Ocean, and they have had this issue recently and now no longer allow outgoing mail from new Droplets.

Hope you get it sorted, good luck!

One of the challenges we face is that we can’t always tell if an email is SPAM or not, because spammers use stealthy techniques to avoid detection. In the past, we could block the VPS that sent out massive emails using pps method, but now we have to rely on other methods, such as traffic patterns (for example, spotting a blacklist of domains in the email content or headers), or reports from third-party services. We think that shutting down port 25 completely is a bad idea in today’s world, where there are too many limits and everyone assumes you’re guilty until proven innocent. We prefer smart technical solutions that can spot and stop all SPAM accounts as soon as they try to send their first email, and that’s what we’re working towards.

We’ve never encountered any cases of web services being blocked because of spam from nearby IP addresses. The worst that could happen is a restriction on sending emails, but we don’t recall any instances of websites going offline because of that. If anyone has different information, please let us know.

We appreciate your feedback.

• @JustVPS_PRO said:
    can’t always tell if an email is SPAM or not

And this way your IPs are not suitable for delivery.
    If you need 25 port and do not care about delivering to inbox, then ok.
    Random spammer can hit the reputation of netblock. You ban them after you checked blacklists, but it is too late.

I showed internal stats, aggregate data from different providers.
    Of course, if someone connected to 25 port, do not need it.
    Only these who regularly send mail.

• Its clearly not a phishing site, maybe the IP the website is hosted on was used for phishing previously

@neverain said:
    Its clearly not a phishing site, maybe the IP the website is hosted on was used for phishing previously

We’ve reached out to all the services, but their response was ridiculous. Take scamadviser.com, for example. They don’t care about IP addresses or domains. They only care about three things that make them label a site as SCAM/PHISH (which is totally absurd):

-Having a hidden WHOIS on domain registrar
    -Accepting cryptocurrencies as payments
    -Not having enough reviews

So, if you’re a new business that uses cryptocurrencies, you’re doomed. These services will put you on their blacklist without a second thought.

• Thank you. You have the same spam operator from China like repuc and other hosters on this forum. Because of which Chris (from HX) lost his business.

My imho
    ++ justhost / justvps / baxet is a trustworthy company, ignore these warnings :D
    ++ high-level abuse handling, good job
    ++ support is good
    -- customer verification could be better, I sent you how to detect China spam operator

Thanked by 1JustVPS_PRO
  • Offers from this forum are retransmitted to Chinese telegram channels, this way you get these spammers. Nothing to do.

• mrl22mrl22 Member
    edited December 2023

@JustVPS_PRO I think shutting down outgoing port 25 is a great idea. This is exactly what DO has done for all newly spawned Droplets.

Any decent full-stack developer knows not to send mail directly from a web server. There are too many factors that decide if that email goes into spam or not, and too many things to configure on the server/network. Send via SMTP/TLS and pass that concern off to someone else.

My business is primarily focussed on developing bespoke CRM systems and we always send out via Amazon SES, SendGrid or SMTP2GO, it is sooo cheap.

@mrl22 said:
    @JustVPS_PRO I think shutting down outgoing port 25 is a great idea. This is exactly what DO has done for all newly spawned Droplets.

Any decent full-stack developer knows not to send mail directly from a web server. There are too many factors that decide if that email goes into spam or not, and too many things to configure on the server/network. Send via SMTP/TLS and pass that concern off to someone else.

My business is primarily focussed on developing bespoke CRM systems and we always send out via Amazon SES, SendGrid or SMTP2GO, it is sooo cheap.

We have a bold goal and mission: to create the perfect proprietary solution that can seamlessly and automatically block any SPAM or illegal activity, without using harmful methods that restrict everyone and everything. We don’t want to limit our legal clients in any way. We want to empower them.

• tsofttsoft Member
    edited December 2023

I would better see approval of smtp by request. So could be sure that the risk of random spammer in netblock is minimized.

This ofcourse will not protected 100%, as recently, this spam operator from China approved smtp at linode / upcloud. Spam was so high, so Microsoft even blocked linode and upcloud for a couple of days.

@tsoft said:
    I would better see approval of smtp by request. So could be sure that the risk of random spammer in netblock is minimized.

This ofcourse will not protected 100%, as recently, this spam operator from China approved smtp at linode / upcloud. Spam was so high, so Microsoft even blocked linode and upcloud for a couple of days.

Look at this: even Linode can’t match our powerful analysis and blocking system. We are ahead of the game and on the right track. When we perfect our solution, we will share it with the world.

• We talked in PM.
    I sent a list of spammers during 24 hours, 2 days ago.
    And some still survived in your network.

Any random IP:
    185.22.155.38 - owned by spam operator from China and still spamming

Some IPs from the suspicious went to spammers category, for example:

Overall, list did not change much, still spamming like crazy :D