Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CRAZY INTRODUCTORY DEDI OFFERS // Former UK Government hosting facility!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CRAZY INTRODUCTORY DEDI OFFERS // Former UK Government hosting facility!

ecomukecomuk Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2023 in Offers

We are celebrating a return to the server market with some crazy introductory deals on dedicated servers at our own facility, Creslow Park, a hosting facility built by the UK Government as a secret spy communications site and now owned and operated exclusively by us. From a totally hidden location surrounded by trees in the Buckinghamshire, UK, countryside MI6 used the facility from 1940's onwards to speak with spies in the field and Government offices around the world and now, in 2024, the facility is open to the public. If it was good enough for MI6 it's good enough for you, right? :smile:

You can read a little more about the site here creslowpark.com or on Wikipedia here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creslow_Park

Not heard of us before? We have over 20 years experience of the dedi and colo market (I sold my first dedi server back in 2002!) so rest assured that we know what we are doing. In the past few years have concentrated on a select number of private clients rather than mass market offers. However, with 160kW of capacity in our own facility now online we are ready to get back in to the dedi market with a vengeance!

Dedicated Server Offer

• Chassis: ASUS 1U
  • CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 3.7GHz (4 cores/8 threads)
  • RAM: 16GB
  • SSD: Kingston 128GB
  • HDD: Western Digital 2TB (optional)
  • Uplink: 1gbps unmetered
  • IP addresses: 1x v4 (ask for more if required)

AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY WITH UBUNTU SERVER 22.04.3 LTS Other operating systems available, just ask.

• £29/month with SSD only
  • £32/month with SSD + HDD

Offer available whilst stocks last. Price includes UK VAT.

Colocation Offer

• 1U chassis, 1xIPv4, 1gbps uplink unmetered = £29/month
  • 2U chassis, 1xIPv4, 1gbps uplink unmetered = £35/month
  • 3 or 4U chassis, 1xIPv4, 1gbps uplink unmetered = £39/month

Price is for a single server, up to size stated, no maximum power limit. Located at Creslow Park. Prices include UK VAT.

Facility Information

• Purpose built communications building designed by UK Government
  • Located within a secure 2 acre compound with 4m razor wire fence
  • Dedicated on-site HV substation
  • 1MVA of power available immediately (upgradable to 5MVA)
  • 1.3MVA of standby generation installed
  • Geographically separated fibre routes to site
  • Owned and exclusively operated by us... no reseller chain! :smiley:

Upstream Network

Our tier-2 upstream network, AS61337, is well established and already has over 10k end users both content and eyeball. Our two edge POPs are located in London's premier carrier facilities, Telehouse North and Telehouse East.

We utilise transit from two premium tier-1 networks, NTT and RETN and peer at LINX (London Internet Exchange) and INEX (Dublin). We peer with the majority of the large UK eyeball networks to ensure maximum speed and reliability.

Our backbone runs from London Dockland to Milton Keynes, the closest city to Creslow Park and the largest settlement in the county where we operate a dark fibre network connecting the three carrier-neutral facilities in the area. Two of these facilities connected to Creslow Park via diverse fibre routes.

About Us

We are a UK registered company established for over 10 years and are the exclusive operators of the Creslow Park facility. All prices given above include UK VAT.

We accept payment via the following methods:

• UK Bank Transfer (in GBP only)
  • Direct Debit via GoCardless
  • Debt/Credit card via Stripe

To place an order, email sales (at) ecomltd.co.uk.

HOSTS WANTED!

Do you run a hosting company? Are you looking for additional UK capacity? Would you like a unique selling point like no other? Let's face it; who wouldn't want to say that they are hosting in a former top secret government communications site? :blush:

Contact us now for some amazing introductory deals!

Comments

• Sir, how much does it cost to disable the GCHQ reconnaissance devices from intercepting my network traffic?

• ecomukecomuk Member, Patron Provider

@Moopah said:
    Sir, how much does it cost to disable the GCHQ reconnaissance devices from intercepting my network traffic?

:p :p :p :p :p

The network is all ours/newly built so we can guarantee no spies will be watching your traffic! :smiley:

• No automated payments and no PayPal ?

This does not fill me with confidence in purchasing from an unknown company.

Thanked by 1OhJohn
  • Welcome to LET, how about make some limited and special discount offers to celebrate ;)

• Damn, RETN+NTT is a great combo, also love this https://bgp.tools/as/24705#prefixes CRAP :joy: also a super cool location, any plans on expanding in interesting locations like these across europe?

Thanked by 1sillycat

@jackalblood said:
    No automated payments and no PayPal ?

We have been established since 2012 and have a 20 year industry track record. By all means look us up at Companies House (number 07952822) where you will see we declared nearly £1m of assets in our last accounts.

@kait said:
    Damn, RETN+NTT is a great combo, also love this https://bgp.tools/as/24705#prefixes CRAP :joy: also a super cool location, any plans on expanding in interesting locations like these across europe?

Yes, 24705 is a downstream network doing all sorts of interesting things with radio technology.

This site is likely to keep us busy for a few years yet but you never know what might happen in the future!

• BGP Session available?

• @ecomuk said: This site is likely to keep us busy for a few years yet but you never know what might happen in the future!

Maybe an old bunker opens up someday ;)

All jokes aside, congrats on getting such a cool location under your belt.

• no maximum power limit

So time to mine some crypto?

@jerry048 said:

no maximum power limit

So time to mine some crypto?

If you can fit a miner into a 1/2/3/4U case... sure! :smiley:

@ehhthing said:
    BGP Session available?

Yes. Drop us an email to discuss.

• Why has it always have to be those damn E3s with a single disk...

@totally_not_banned said:
    Why has it always have to be those damn E3s with a single disk...

Drop us an email with your requirements and we will see if we can help

• entrailzentrailz Member, Host Rep

@ecomuk said:

Drop us an email with your requirements and we will see if we can help

Chris from Colocker? :) Nice to see you here!

• That is cool as fuck.

• come back when u have ipv6 ! @yoursunny ADD THEM TO THE LIST !!!

• @ecomuk said:

@jackalblood said:
    No automated payments and no PayPal ?

We have been established since 2012 and have a 20 year industry track record. By all means look us up at Companies House (number 07952822) where you will see we declared nearly £1m of assets in our last accounts.

Can't argue with that, I'll reach out via email thank you for your response

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@cold said:
    come back when u have ipv6 ! @yoursunny ADD THEM TO THE LIST !!!

2001:67c:504::/48

Thanked by 1cold

@cold said:
    come back when u have ipv6 ! @yoursunny ADD THEM TO THE LIST !!!

You can have v6 too if you like :wink:

• Hi guys, just sharing a yabs result as that's the first thing you do when you get a new server?

Just backing some files up from other locations and was impressed with the speeds so far.

Quick response from ecomuk, expected to get a reply tomorrow.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-11-30                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Mon  4 Dec 21:06:55 UTC 2023

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 2 days, 38 hours, 0 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1245 v6 @ 3.70GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 3700.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 15.5 GiB
    Swap       : 4.0 GiB
    Disk       : 55.6 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.0-89-generic
    VM Type    : NONE
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ❌ Offline

IPv4 Network Information:
    ISP        : Electronic Communities Ltd
    ASN        : AS61337 Electronic Communities Ltd
    Host       : Electronic Communities Ltd
    Location   : Aylesbury, England (ENG)
    Country    : United Kingdom

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 940 Mbits/sec   | 732 Mbits/sec   | 3.22 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 937 Mbits/sec   | 819 Mbits/sec   | 9.71 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 938 Mbits/sec   | 908 Mbits/sec   | 9.20 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 878 Mbits/sec   | 275 Mbits/sec   | 102 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 888 Mbits/sec   | 293 Mbits/sec   | 71.8 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 460 Mbits/sec   | 67.5 Mbits/sec  | 239 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 831 Mbits/sec   | 117 Mbits/sec   | 135 ms

YABS completed in 3 min 14 sec

Thanked by 2maverick ecomuk
  • James Bond´s Datacenter ?

@optisoft said:
    James Bond´s Datacenter ?

That looks more like a Bitcoin farm than a data centre! :smiley:

• I have also sent an email just now. Let's see how it goes. At the meantime is it possible to have a looking glass or test IP/download file? @ecomuk thank you

• I'm suddenly worried that rocket debris will fall on your roof and the server will become unusable. Hahahaha, just kidding.

• Are there vps available? I don't need a dedicated server, but I need a vps

Thanked by 1sillycat
  • This looks so... 007... :)

Can we have some special offer VPS? :P

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited December 2023

I mean, the server is essentially free with this offer - Renting the E3 server is the same price as 1U colo. Older Xeon servers are basically e-waste at this point so it's easy to acquire them for cheap (or free!) from companies that are disposing their old servers.

AFAIK the E3 v6 CPUs take DDR4 and are still getting Intel security updates until March 2024, so they're a bit better than the 10+ year old ones we commonly see.

• edited December 2023

@Daniel15 said:

I mean, the server is essentially free with this offer - Renting the E3 server is the same price as 1U colo. Older Xeon servers are basically e-waste at this point so it's easy to acquire them for cheap (or free!) from companies that are disposing their old servers.

AFAIK the E3 v6 CPUs take DDR4 and are still getting Intel security updates until March 2024, so they're a bit better than the 10+ year old ones we commonly see.

I was being half serious. The serious part being: Why do providers regularly offer only a single disk? Would adding a second one so it's actually possible to do raid bankrupt them or what? Probably not, so why? A server without raid is a sad server... Not so serious part: E3. I know quite well why they are chosen. They are chosen because E5s - while being pretty much equally cheap - would eat way more power.

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • Some people don't care about redundancy I guess. Even with multiple disks, it's not uncommon to see people running them in RAID0 :/

Flexible hosts let you add an extra drive if you want to.

I had an old $199/year dedicated server with Hostodo from Black Friday 2021 and @Hassan was happy to add an extra SSD for a once-off payment - just the cost of buying a second-hand SSD. There was also recently a rent to own offer from another host (can't remember their name) where you could send them hardware (extra drives, etc) and they'd install them for you; you'd just have to pay for remote hands.

On the other hand, some hosts are very strict about their cheap dedis and don't allow any changes, since they're already making very little profit from them.

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned