Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looks like limewave had all upstreams pulled - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looks like limewave had all upstreams pulled

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited February 3

@Harambe said:

Nearly a 1300 word update without saying a goddamn thing.

You're allowed to close up shop and go out of business, that's fine. Just normally when you do that, the nice thing to do is give some sort of heads up and time for people to migrate services to another provider rather than having to restore from backups on a Monday night.

I like when he said:

"The problem with exit scams is that fortunately, they don’t exist anymore"

Followed by:

"I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselve"

and then:

I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

What a fucking prick. (Respectfully)

"It's not an exit scam. I'm just not going to give you a refund, and if you try to take matters into your own hands, well I'm gonna send you to collections."

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

I seem to remember predicting this when he originally marketed it as Vancouver…

Thanked by 2MannDude mike1s
  • now i see the upsides of PayPal chargeback.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@wdmg said:

When did they let you out of jail?

• DvoDvo Veteran

@MannDude said:

@Harambe said:

You're allowed to close up shop and go out of business, that's fine. Just normally when you do that, the nice thing to do is give some sort of heads up and time for people to migrate services to another provider rather than having to restore from backups on a Monday night.

I like when he said:

Followed by:

"I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselve"

and then:

I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

"It's not an exit scam. I'm just not going to give you a refund, and if you try to take matters into your own hands, well I'm gonna send you to collections."

Yet you choose to ignore the fact that’s for accounts that push for a refund on the incorrect amount.

It doesn’t surprise me, based on your outlook you’d agree with a provider who was doing business with dedipath and when shit hit the fan there, you’d be ok with the customer charging back the last 6 months of services, which were provided. We don’t live in a world where people commit wire fraud then don’t answer for their actions. All dedipath does it fire the account off to collections plus the administrative fees and interest, if they're lucky, or unlucky find themselves dealing with law enforcement plus collections. Just because you can’t comprehend that isn’t my problem.

If you’re going to judge my character, maybe look in the mirror. Do you want to come clean on lying to ARIN regarding justification for all the 4.10 allocations you have. The problem with 4.10 allocations, you actually don’t own them as per ARIN policy, hence the reason why you need to re-justify every 3 years. So if you’re trying to bend state laws in Washington state to fit your objective, it doesn’t surprise me you’d be lying to ARIN to bullshit allocations out of them. When they reclaim the blocks, what an unfortunate situation.

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@Dvo said:

@wdmg said:

I find it quite funny that’s the only response you could think of. Thanks for proving my point though.

Thanked by 3mike1s Marx kode9
  • Sorry to see the company didn't work out, but I wish you would have closed down in a more professional way. I feel for both sides here, hope stuff can be resolved. It does seem like you'd be in a good spot to sell, why aren't you considering it?

Thanked by 1totally_not_banned
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@fluffernutter said:
    Sorry to see the company didn't work out, but I wish you would have closed down in a more professional way. I feel for both sides here, hope stuff can be resolved. It does seem like you'd be in a good spot to sell, why aren't you considering it?

By the sounds of it, he’s likely amassed far too much debt and given the cocky “fuck everyone” attitude, he’s probably too high on his own ego to admit it.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@wdmg said:

@Dvo said:

@wdmg said:

I find it quite funny that’s the only response you could think of. Thanks for proving my point though.

Sir, that’s the only response I need as I never said anything was in Vancouver.

• DvoDvo Veteran

@fluffernutter said:
    Sorry to see the company didn't work out, but I wish you would have closed down in a more professional way. I feel for both sides here, hope stuff can be resolved. It does seem like you'd be in a good spot to sell, why aren't you considering it?

Currently I have some IP’s rented out and I’d rather not cause them any duress. Perfect tenant, dam near zero abuse, pays on time (sometimes early). This failure is not their problem.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@Dvo said:

@MannDude said:

@Harambe said:

I like when he said:

Followed by:

and then:

Yet you choose to ignore the fact that’s for accounts that push for a refund on the incorrect amount.

It doesn’t surprise me, based on your outlook you’d agree with a provider who was doing business with dedipath and when shit hit the fan there, you’d be ok with the customer charging back the last 6 months of services, which were provided. We don’t live in a world where people commit wire fraud then don’t answer for their actions. All dedipath does it fire the account off to collections plus the administrative fees and interest, if they're lucky, or unlucky find themselves dealing with law enforcement plus collections. Just because you can’t comprehend that isn’t my problem.

If you’re going to judge my character, maybe look in the mirror. Do you want to come clean on lying to ARIN regarding justification for all the 4.10 allocations you have. The problem with 4.10 allocations, you actually don’t own them as per ARIN policy, hence the reason why you need to re-justify every 3 years. So if you’re trying to bend state laws in Washington state to fit your objective, it doesn’t surprise me you’d be lying to ARIN to bullshit allocations out of them. When they reclaim the blocks, what an unfortunate situation.

If you are providing a service and one day you abruptly shut it down without any prior notice, causing harm and inconvenience to your users, they are fully justified in initiating as many disputes as they deem necessary, regardless of the extent of service you have provided or the remaining duration of service you were obligated to provide

• @Dvo said:

@fluffernutter said:

Currently I have some IP’s rented out and I’d rather not cause them any duress. Perfect tenant, dam near zero abuse, pays on time (sometimes early). This failure is not their problem.

Honestly the prenegotiated colo and transit are the interesting part, although the IP space is valuable. Let me know if you ever do decide to sell, if everything ends up legitimate I might be interested.

• DvoDvo Veteran
    edited February 3

@georgedatacenter said:
    If you are providing a service and one day you abruptly shut it down without any prior notice, causing harm and inconvenience to your users, they are fully justified in initiating as many disputes as they deem necessary, regardless of the extent of service you have provided or the remaining duration of service you were obligated to provide

Correct, however by opening as many disputes as they choose doesn’t exonerate them from any criminal and/or civil liability. If they’ve incurred damages, inconveniences or losses, running to mastercard isn’t the solution. Both countries have laws regarding the conduct for both merchants and customers.

Take your car to the shop, they fuck up. Refuse to pay the bill (or chargeback), account gets sent to collections. Don’t pay it, enjoy your new credit score. You pay the bill then file in small claims court.

You’re a provider, you should know this.

• KrisKris Member
    edited February 3

@Dvo said: Take your car to the shop, they fuck up. Refuse to pay the bill (or chargeback), account gets sent to collections. Don’t pay it, enjoy your new credit score. You pay the bill then file in small claims court.

You're thick as shit if you think I won't sink you in an actual court of law.

You ran off like a bitch, and yep, expect a chargeback buddy. Couldn't give a shit how things went wrong, I'll send you a tiny violin.

You ran off, and Mastercard and Visa will have their way with you. Also filing fake charges and trying to enforce them is going to get your merchant account taken away. I'll make sure of it.

You're a (shitty) provider, you should know this.

• KrisKris Member

@MannDude said: "It's not an exit scam. I'm just not going to give you a refund, and if you try to take matters into your own hands, well I'm gonna send you to collections."

Kid's about to bring piss to a shit-fight.

I've got two lawyers on retainer who I host who have no issues sending letters to little prags like this.

Also know the correct contacts at merchant companies to make this kid's account disappear overnight with that verbiage.

Finally, some mighty tough words for a kid who can't afford to keep his WHMCS, or website online.

• KrisKris Member

@Dvo said: Take your car to the shop, they fuck up. Refuse to pay the bill (or chargeback), account gets sent to collections. Don’t pay it, enjoy your new credit score. You pay the bill then file in small claims court.

Incorrect. In this case you're the shop, and have pre-taken payment for the changing of 4 tires.

You got lazy after 2 tires, closed the shop, disappeared, and now that people are charging back for the work not done, you come back with a chip on your shoulder.

I've gone from not caring to hoping you try something so I can bury you legally, and get your name on public record.

Don't complain about your customers when you wrote the stupidest response to a deadpool I've ever seen.

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited February 3

@Dvo said:

@georgedatacenter said:

Correct, however by opening as many disputes as they choose doesn’t exonerate them from any criminal and/or clival liability. If they’ve incurred damages, inconveniences or losses, running to mastercard isn’t the solution. Both countries have laws regarding the conduct for both merchants and customers.

Take your car to the shop, they fuck up. Refuse to pay the bill (or chargeback), account gets sent to collections. Don’t pay it, enjoy your new credit score. You pay the bill then file in small claims court.

I was hoping there would be any response from you, but all of this... is, uh.

I was wondering whether to open a PayPal dispute or not as a client of yours; after all, I've not been in the position before where I needed to. But the lack of communication was honestly very worrisome for me, and was wondering if this was just a sudden shutdown or "deadpool", given there was no warning at all aside from my VPS suddenly disappearing from the Internet while I was using it. Despite that, given the fact that I could cancel the dispute/claim/whatever if you came back and something happened, I just went on with it. If you never appeared back, I guess PayPal would do a thing. Not even looking for a full refund, since I used my service for a certain duration and that was fine, despite the past downtime that happened. It just does suck to throw money for something I'm not going to receive.

But this answer of how you were practically shutting everything down, without any warning whatsoever, no communication for multiple days while showing activity elsewhere while having worried customers, yet be surprised that chargebacks are happening here and there is just... how didn't you see this one coming?

I'd have been happy if you sent in an announcement you were closing your doors. Heck, I'd have been okay with calling my payment a loss; I was considering that, but I was close to the 180-day limit on PayPal for opening a dispute, so again, I said why not out of worry. As long as you offered refunds I, and I'm sure multiple other customers (aside from, y'know, the obvious MJJs etc. you can't negotiate with) would've been better.

I'm sorry things didn't work out for you, but honestly as a customer that happily used your services, I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with your (notably frustrated) answer, and how you're handling all of this.

Just my two cents. I'm even happy to cancel my claim, whether I get a refund or not, even if I know now that I won't be receiving the entire service I paid for, if it helps you, since I'm aware each chargeback harms your reputation further with payment processors. Not interested in being a shitty LET-esque client.

Thanked by 2Kris Plioser
  • AltesAltes Member

@Kris said: Kid's about to bring piss to a shit-fight.

I've got two lawyers on retainer who I host who have no issues sending letters to little prags like this.

Also know the correct contacts at merchant companies to make this kid's account disappear overnight with that verbiage.

Finally, some mighty tough words for a kid who can't afford to keep his WHMCS, or website online.

I think you're overreacting a little bit.

I'm in no way defending anyone, but I interpreted his (very emotional) post a little bit differently. You don't have the right to chargeback on services that were rendered, but due to the market, most people do in fact do that. It's not ok, but you also have to understand that businesses fail, and more often than not, you have to accept that. It's no different to brick-and-mortar stores -- it just happens.

We don't know why the services are still offline, or rather, who took the ports offline. Either way, you can't assume that it's because he didn't want to bring them online, because it is in fact in his best interest to do so... what you interpret as cockiness is just fear and devastation, and some contempt too.

No drama here, honestly... just some unfortunate shit that has happened, and that will hopefully be rectified.

• PeterPPeterP Member, Host Rep

@Dvo said:
    The problem with exit scams is that fortunately, they don’t exist anymore. What fueled the exit scams was the fact PayPal never allowed refunds for virtual goods or services, today however they are both covered. You may want to go read PayPal’s terms of service. Not sure how I’m running away with people’s money when they’ll get a refund and then PayPal and I will settle later on, it’s not like the money was spent, it’s sitting in a CIBC account since both accounts (PP/Stripe) get dumped almost daily. When dealing with annual accounts, it not wise to put services not rendered on the books i.e. the prepayment, as it’s actually classified as a liability. Who knew?!

I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselves. If people think paying $12/yr for a service, using the service for 6 months, then charging back the full $12 when they’re only lawfully entitled to a $6 refund, I’m not going to sit there and fuck around with arguing with people. Let them get their $12 refund, I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

Regardless of what people want to believe, the company was profitable. Profitability however isn’t the only metric used when forecasting a company’s future. People need to stop using the word owner and start using the word investor. For me this was an investment and while profitable, the company never hit any of its quarterly targets. Not hitting the targets makes it difficult to forecast the future in terms of its value i.e.putting more resources into a.k.a. what this investment is worth to me.

It’s also important to understand why those targets failed. It’s not one single issue, it’s multiple issues overall. Yes, the economy isn’t the greatest, yes, we have inflation. Are people’s wages going up? The reason why I say this is because the company never had a strong commercial/corporate customer base, it was mostly hobby companies and VPN users i.e. residential. While I’m not going to complain as revenue is revenue, as people struggle trying to make ends meet, and let’s be honest, if you had to decide between two VPS’s i.e. Limewave or Vultr/DO, you’ll always pick the most established provider and drop the other. That’s fine, business is business. There have been a few, larger providers, very vocal about lack of growth and the economy. Kinda odd for me to bring up struggling customers, isn’t it? 62% of the customer base never paid their bill on time (and yes I did remove the $0.50 late fee), not knocking them, however if you can’t pay a $1.85/mo service on time, it’s either because a) money is tight – OK, not everyone lives in a country where they make a lot of money, I get it or b) the service wasn’t a priority. Now if the service wasn’t a priority, that’s a slight problem, no?

HE losing their SEA<>Tokyo run didn’t help things either. It’s hard to compete in markets where the company actually found a niche (not that I planned to be a provider in those markets), however the MJJ’s love HE. HE, HE, HE, fuck NTT fuck Cogent. The amount of “can I get single homed HE” tickets was actually surprising, had I known I was going to be a VPN (I mean VPS) host in that market and their love for HE, I never would’ve signed Cogent. I’m sure I could’ve picked up v6 Cogent routes off Wowrack cheap. Meh. But now with the 40-60 ms of additional latency, whatever monthly customers the company had in that market, well… let’s just say 24 hours after HE shit the bed, there was a decent number of cancellations.

Having a DC tech fat finger some shit in the rack didn’t make things go any smoother. However the work was being done to upgrade the network and add additional power. People ticket in “network is shit” – “I know…”. I can’t pull a fucking rabbit out of my ass and “problem solved”. Doing the upgrade was a huge and I mean HUGE pain in the ass, however once complete, I hate to say it, the last 2 months or so have been probably the best in terms of performance and reliability.

Now there were some plans made in November to try a small pilot, nothing big, however I did find a deal on some E3-1245v3’s and was planning on doing a dedicated servers out of Seattle. When the network was built, there was never any plans for colocation or dedicated servers meaning the physical infrastructure for the backend was never there. So yes, it’s gonna be a hit or miss in regards to whatever automation solution I picked (pay attention now – the project never got that far) and working out the bugs, the additional power going in was for these servers.

What it comes down to is that regardless of the capital that went into this location, $43K to launch and another $10K in November, the numbers weren’t there. If people want to believe it was an exit scam, that’s fine. The decision to cease operations wasn’t on the table until the end of the fourth quarter, which is the end of December.

But let’s be honest, if I’m struggling for cash and need to pump accounts to pay carriers and colocation bills, why in the fuck would I spent two grand on old shit servers? Why pick up (and carry) the additional power? As of right now, they’re still sitting unpackaged and that kinda sucks, because I was looking forward to seeing how things would’ve turned out.

If I was struggling for cash, why not sell the ports? How many providers here would be interested in, pot luck special, FLAT 10g ports - $200/mo for one and $300/mo for the other – pick your rate and I’ll tell you if it’s Cogent or HE. Anyone in wowrack want my 10g FLAT SIX port, it’s only $75/mo, $550/mo retail btw. I got a killer deal on 40 amps if anyone’s looking for a deal. Anyone looking for a /21 of IPv4 non 4.10, make me an offer. The ports aren’t being sold nor are the IP’s or power.

It’s not that I didn’t value the customers I had, I did. I’m very grateful for the customers that decided to do business with me, thank you! At the end of the day however, decisions need to be made and it’s just business.

As for the ARIN updates, yes there are plans. As of right now, I have the rack space just don’t have the free power. The plan as of right now, nothing official, is that I’ll be bringing a few nodes online for a 24 hour period then cycle with the same pattern until all the nodes have had their last day. What I’m waiting for is OVH to approve the BYOIP orders as I figure, it’d be wise to have some form of basic DDoS protection. Once the nodes come online, people can rsync the data off if needed, however the same restrictions as before apply i,e. no outbound SSH, so my advice would be to change the SSH port of the remote host now to avoid any delays when the node comes online. OVH states up for 3 weeks, so tick tock. We all wait.

For the node that was a total loss, it will be repaired and brought back online so you can recover your data if needed.

All of this with no acceptance of liability, all I read from this is putting the blame on other people. Least you could've done was warn people to start moving away instead of dropping everything with zero notice to your customers. Classic deadpool move. I won't be surprised if your "collections" people refuse to collect due to this being a fraudulent move after collecting money for services and then not providing them.

• KrisKris Member
    edited February 3

@Altes said: I think you're overreacting a little bit.

I was indifferent until this response.

@Dvo said:

Correct, however by opening as many disputes as they choose doesn’t exonerate them from any criminal and/or clival liability. If they’ve incurred damages, inconveniences or losses, running to mastercard isn’t the solution. Both countries have laws regarding the conduct for both merchants and customers.

If I chargeback a service and the person who has let their website go offline, no response for 1+ week (we even thought they could have been injured tries) to go after my credit, you can bet I am going to go after them legally with the most amount of resources I have at my availability.

Luckily I have 2 lawyers who I don't charge for hosting to take care of issues like this.

I am not sure the other side will have this amount of resources.

Either way it is beyond scummy if you try to charge $200 to people when your WHMCS isn't even loading, or go after their credit because they rightfully called you a scam.

Dunno where you're from, but from these parts, that's a lawyering-up.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

My buddy used to operate a space taxi business.
    He charges one thousand dollar per kilometer, in any direction of the space.
    The customer paid 149 billion dollars for a one way trip to the Sun.

During the trip, the spacecraft had a fuel leak and ran out of gas around Mercury.
    The customer deplaned at the Mercury station.
    My buddy protectively refunded 58 billion dollars for the unused distance.
    However, the customer is demanding a full refund and they opened a dispute with DiscordCard.

Right now my buddy sent the customer to collections.
    The collection agent will soon travel to Mercury, on my buddy's space taxi, and demand the customer to pay 200 billion in collection fees.

• @Dvo while I'm not a customer and I wish for the success of many providers, it's quite unfortunate that the shutdown was handled the way it was with 0 notice.

A communicated 1 week warning would at least provide time for customers to migrate even if they don't get any money back through refunds.

Thanked by 1the_doctor
  • KrisKris Member

One submits evidence and submitted how I paid 1 year for a service, after X amount of time during the contract, the service went off, the person became unable to message, gave then proof of trying to DM them, and proof the website was offline.

The card processor then decides your fate.

If you really thought you could scam people here and come back and say, well the only avenue to take is legal action to get your $6 back, you're gonna have a rough couple of months.

Finally, companies can hire debt collection companies 1 of 2 ways:

1) upfront payment
    2) take a portion of what I'm owed.

Good luck getting anyone to take your 2k customer base who 'owes 6 months of a service I scammed them on'

So so so much wrong with this deadpool. Idiot should have sent notice something was wrong, and not threatened the very people he scammed.

That's going to backfire spectacularly.

Thanked by 2Marx the_doctor
  • @Dvo said:
    The problem with exit scams is that fortunately, they don’t exist anymore. What fueled the exit scams was the fact PayPal never allowed refunds for virtual goods or services, today however they are both covered. You may want to go read PayPal’s terms of service. Not sure how I’m running away with people’s money when they’ll get a refund and then PayPal and I will settle later on, it’s not like the money was spent, it’s sitting in a CIBC account since both accounts (PP/Stripe) get dumped almost daily. When dealing with annual accounts, it not wise to put services not rendered on the books i.e. the prepayment, as it’s actually classified as a liability. Who knew?!

I’m not going to be proactive in refunding, simply because of all the drama with the refunds themselves. If people think paying $12/yr for a service, using the service for 6 months, then charging back the full $12 when they’re only lawfully entitled to a $6 refund, I’m not going to sit there and fuck around with arguing with people. Let them get their $12 refund, I’ll tack on a $200 administrative fee, a $50 charge back fee, the balance due and the interest, then fire the account off to collections. Problem solved.

Regardless of what people want to believe, the company was profitable. Profitability however isn’t the only metric used when forecasting a company’s future. People need to stop using the word owner and start using the word investor. For me this was an investment and while profitable, the company never hit any of its quarterly targets. Not hitting the targets makes it difficult to forecast the future in terms of its value i.e.putting more resources into a.k.a. what this investment is worth to me.

It’s also important to understand why those targets failed. It’s not one single issue, it’s multiple issues overall. Yes, the economy isn’t the greatest, yes, we have inflation. Are people’s wages going up? The reason why I say this is because the company never had a strong commercial/corporate customer base, it was mostly hobby companies and VPN users i.e. residential. While I’m not going to complain as revenue is revenue, as people struggle trying to make ends meet, and let’s be honest, if you had to decide between two VPS’s i.e. Limewave or Vultr/DO, you’ll always pick the most established provider and drop the other. That’s fine, business is business. There have been a few, larger providers, very vocal about lack of growth and the economy. Kinda odd for me to bring up struggling customers, isn’t it? 62% of the customer base never paid their bill on time (and yes I did remove the $0.50 late fee), not knocking them, however if you can’t pay a $1.85/mo service on time, it’s either because a) money is tight – OK, not everyone lives in a country where they make a lot of money, I get it or b) the service wasn’t a priority. Now if the service wasn’t a priority, that’s a slight problem, no?

HE losing their SEA<>Tokyo run didn’t help things either. It’s hard to compete in markets where the company actually found a niche (not that I planned to be a provider in those markets), however the MJJ’s love HE. HE, HE, HE, fuck NTT fuck Cogent. The amount of “can I get single homed HE” tickets was actually surprising, had I known I was going to be a VPN (I mean VPS) host in that market and their love for HE, I never would’ve signed Cogent. I’m sure I could’ve picked up v6 Cogent routes off Wowrack cheap. Meh. But now with the 40-60 ms of additional latency, whatever monthly customers the company had in that market, well… let’s just say 24 hours after HE shit the bed, there was a decent number of cancellations.

Having a DC tech fat finger some shit in the rack didn’t make things go any smoother. However the work was being done to upgrade the network and add additional power. People ticket in “network is shit” – “I know…”. I can’t pull a fucking rabbit out of my ass and “problem solved”. Doing the upgrade was a huge and I mean HUGE pain in the ass, however once complete, I hate to say it, the last 2 months or so have been probably the best in terms of performance and reliability.

Now there were some plans made in November to try a small pilot, nothing big, however I did find a deal on some E3-1245v3’s and was planning on doing a dedicated servers out of Seattle. When the network was built, there was never any plans for colocation or dedicated servers meaning the physical infrastructure for the backend was never there. So yes, it’s gonna be a hit or miss in regards to whatever automation solution I picked (pay attention now – the project never got that far) and working out the bugs, the additional power going in was for these servers.

What it comes down to is that regardless of the capital that went into this location, $43K to launch and another $10K in November, the numbers weren’t there. If people want to believe it was an exit scam, that’s fine. The decision to cease operations wasn’t on the table until the end of the fourth quarter, which is the end of December.

But let’s be honest, if I’m struggling for cash and need to pump accounts to pay carriers and colocation bills, why in the fuck would I spent two grand on old shit servers? Why pick up (and carry) the additional power? As of right now, they’re still sitting unpackaged and that kinda sucks, because I was looking forward to seeing how things would’ve turned out.

If I was struggling for cash, why not sell the ports? How many providers here would be interested in, pot luck special, FLAT 10g ports - $200/mo for one and $300/mo for the other – pick your rate and I’ll tell you if it’s Cogent or HE. Anyone in wowrack want my 10g FLAT SIX port, it’s only $75/mo, $550/mo retail btw. I got a killer deal on 40 amps if anyone’s looking for a deal. Anyone looking for a /21 of IPv4 non 4.10, make me an offer. The ports aren’t being sold nor are the IP’s or power.

It’s not that I didn’t value the customers I had, I did. I’m very grateful for the customers that decided to do business with me, thank you! At the end of the day however, decisions need to be made and it’s just business.

As for the ARIN updates, yes there are plans. As of right now, I have the rack space just don’t have the free power. The plan as of right now, nothing official, is that I’ll be bringing a few nodes online for a 24 hour period then cycle with the same pattern until all the nodes have had their last day. What I’m waiting for is OVH to approve the BYOIP orders as I figure, it’d be wise to have some form of basic DDoS protection. Once the nodes come online, people can rsync the data off if needed, however the same restrictions as before apply i,e. no outbound SSH, so my advice would be to change the SSH port of the remote host now to avoid any delays when the node comes online. OVH states up for 3 weeks, so tick tock. We all wait.

For the node that was a total loss, it will be repaired and brought back online so you can recover your data if needed.

Most excellent example of incredibly useless corporate doublespeak. These are all words, and you’re a hopeless jackass.

Thanked by 1Marx
  • DvoDvo Veteran

@PeterP said: I won't be surprised if your "collections" people refuse to collect due to this being a fraudulent move after collecting money for services and then not providing them.

A business ceasing operations isn’t intent to defraud, in some cases, the services were provided up to 6 months. Shit happens. However, there is clear intent on being deceitful for personal and financial gain by charging back for a service that was provided. That is fraud. If I take the order and don’t plan to provision (key word is plan), that is fraud. With a chargeback being placed, the company was never paid for the services rendered. A company is fully within their right to collect for a balance due.

• Deadpool turning from bad to worse.
    This year is crazy man. Jan we have Hazi.ro trying to cause a data leak. Feb we have provider blaming people for paypal disputing a deadpool service. Can't wait for the next stunt in March.

• @jerry048 said:
    Deadpool turning from bad to worse.
    This year is crazy man. Jan we have Hazi.ro trying to cause a data leak. Feb we have provider blaming people for paypal disputing a deadpool service. Can't wait for the next stunt in March.

LET itself dies is my prediction

Thanked by 1Cappone
  • zhizhi Member

I'm wondering if you will be restoring service or if you are not going to restore it?
    If you do not plan to restore, I hope you will give your customers the right to back up their data.
    We spend money and trust you. Hopefully you will have a clear announcement instead of a complaint.