Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is your VPS storage too small? - Get Double the Storage Stash - Limited time offer! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is your VPS storage too small? - Get Double the Storage Stash - Limited time offer!

Comments

• oplinkoplink Member, Patron Provider

Anyone who had an order cancelled, you must pay with a verified paypal account where the name/email matches your order in our billing system.

Thanked by 1DanSummer
  • @oplink said:
    Anyone who had an order cancelled, you must pay with a verified paypal account where the name/email matches your order in our billing system.

I have verified PayPal account but still got refunded. You can even contact the phone number which I can pick up right now.

• @oplink said:

I'm existing customer and using credit card order and charged but don't got VPS and invoice

• @Tapilu said:

@oplink said:

I'm existing customer and using credit card order and charged but don't got VPS and invoice

this.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2023

@Tapilu said:
    My card is charged but didn't got invoice and vps.

didn't got
    This grammatical error is most common in one region

• @oplink order 6513432941

Can you double the OS Storage please. Appreciated! You can restart the VM if need be.

Thanked by 1oplink
  • RIP I guess I was too late

• @oplink said:

May I fix that and pay it again?

• @oplink said:

The email/user name are exactly the same, but the order is still cancelled.

• Bummer that it was so short-lived. I must've taken extra 1sec to type down the host name to make it out of stock :( Great offer regardless!

• @dev_vps said:
    Thank you, @oplink

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Basic System Info
     CPU Model          : AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
     CPU Cores          : 2 @ 3399.682 MHz
     CPU Cache          : 512 KB
     AES-NI             : ✔ Enabled
     VM-x/AMD-V         : ✔ Enabled
     Total Disk         : 999.9 GB (8.3 GB Used)
     Total RAM          : 3.8 GB (315.7 MB Used)
     System uptime      : 0 days, 0 hour 19 min
     Load average       : 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
     OS                 : Debian GNU/Linux 12
     Arch               : x86_64 (64 Bit)
     Kernel             : 6.1.0-9-amd64
     Virtualization     : KVM
     Basic Network Info
     Primary Network    : IPv6
     IPv6 Access        : ✔ Online
     IPv4 Access        : ✔ Online
     ISP                : The Optimal Link Corporation
     ASN                : AS40156 The Optimal Link Corporation
     Host               : The Optimal Link Corporation
     Location           : San Antonio, Texas-TX, United States
     Speedtest.net (Region: GLOBAL)
     Location         Latency     Loss    DL Speed       UP Speed       Server

ISP: The Optimal Link Corporation

Nearest          1.39 ms     0.0%    9099.43 Mbps   8512.11 Mbps   Houston, TX

Can you please also show geekbench scores?

@strictlyparmesan said:

Can you please also show geekbench scores?

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1228
    Multi Core | 3497
    Full Test | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3373472

Thanked by 1strictlyparmesan
  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2023

Correction: It was partially my mistake - the card was newly added and is not verified, more info: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3748093/#Comment_3748093

Outdated content below:

I am tired of this, it is basically Oplink trying their marketing gimmick but randomly choosing which customer to trust.

Out of my many years in LowEnd community, this is my first time getting my order cancelled and refunded, despite I did nothing wrong, no glitching nor pricing error.

My PayPal account has always been clean and even big companies like OVH/Hetzner/Kimsufi/Online.net hasn't rejected my PayPal payment before.

I didn't want to point out this earlier because I am still monitoring what Oplink is trying to do. I always try out different providers without mentioning who am I to make sure I see the true color of a provider.

Edit: And before someone is asking, the details I provided is true, matching email and name with PayPal. It is also my primary email and contact number which passed fraud check from different companies and even bank institutions.

• Even Greencloud Japan vps was easier to caught then this one.

• @FAT32 said: Avoid this provider at all cost.

My sentiment exactly... after this fiasco. Thanks for putting it out so clearly and succinctly.

Houston, we have a problem!

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • I made the purchase at 8:30 am. The order has been cancelled. PayPal is used by all my servers for payment. There are no issues. I suspect that the promotion time has not arrived. Cancel the machine for me.

• Anyone got the 10tb ssd vps?

• The same here.
    I have account with a lot of providers. I have ordered a server using PayPal account and credit card and they simply declined my order without any explanation.

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • I don’t quite understand what’s the marketing tactic here if nothing is on stock on their website.

5 servers in stock and refunding a bunch of people arbitrarily does not really lend to anything I can imagine would make monies for Oplink.

Part of me is thinking to not attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence?

Thanked by 1maverick
  • Their marketing budget must've been the cost of a single server.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@caracal said:
    I don’t quite understand what’s the marketing tactic here if nothing is on stock on their website.

5 servers in stock and refunding a bunch of people arbitrarily does not really lend to anything I can imagine would make monies for Oplink.

Part of me is thinking to not attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence?

Just like megathread / flash sale event, it is about making more people recognise the brand.

Looking at the invoice ID... seems like invoice ID later than me still got their server. So I doubt it is an issue of overbooking.

Either way, first thing is always communicate with your customer first, not just slap the customer with a refund. Having a false hope (a customer who successfully checkout and paid, pending delivery) is worse than no hope (cannot checkout and pay due to OOS).

Do I need the server badly? Not exactly, but having a backup VPS with SSD speed sounds fantastic.

Thanked by 2caracal ariq01
  • @FAT32 said:
    Looking at the invoice ID... seems like invoice ID later than me still got their server. So I doubt it is an issue of overbooking.

at least you got an invoice. i just got charged. no invoice, nothing in the panel. just the charge

• Let's congratulate them for finally finding a reason to cancel the order.

Hi,

Your phone number is attached to fraud orders and appears to be not a good contact for you.

We are now sold out of the Storage VPS accounts due to high demand.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Oplink.net
    281-445-9800

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @fluffernutter said:
    Had one in my cart, disappeared when I went to checkout. Sucks that bots got all the good deals, can't wait to see these resold at 500% markup on hostloc I guess.

He said no transfer so they'll have a hard time ( I hope).
    I suspect most of the bots who got this would have their account flagged appropriately and kicked out.

• aqqtranaqqtran Member
    edited November 2023

@DanSummer said:
    I suspect most of the bots who got this would have their account flagged appropriately and kicked out.

I suspect most of the humans who got this would have their account flagged inappropriately and kicked out. :D

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @88xrzs said:
    Let's congratulate them for finally finding a reason to cancel the order.

Hi,

Your phone number is attached to fraud orders and appears to be not a good contact for you.

We are now sold out of the Storage VPS accounts due to high demand.

Thanks,

Ryan
    Oplink.net
    281-445-9800

This is my first time to see someone refuse u by phone number:)

• @aqqtran said:

@DanSummer said:

I suspect most of the humans who got this would have their account flagged inappropriately and kicked out. :D

Yeah, could be. :)

• @oplink Why you just don't ask people who wants the storage VPS, then you know how many Nodes to build like pre sale, then you don't get so much angry people.

I apologize for the issues. We had over 1000+ people waiting to check out in our whmcs shopping cart. I admit we did not prepare well enough for the high demand and have enough inventory.

Anyone who was charged but did not receive an invoice/order# is now refunded. This was only a pre-auth and none of those charges cleared. Please allow 24hrs for your banks to remove that charge.

Anyone who ordered or has any billing issues/questions please email [email protected].

For now we have stopped all new vps orders to work with people who got orders in.

Thanks
    Ryan

• @khajiit said:

@FAT32 said:

at least you got an invoice. i just got charged. no invoice, nothing in the panel. just the charge

was able to get a VPS after opening a ticket and describing my issue. only 5TB tho. thanks @oplink