Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup ARM Servers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup ARM Servers

Comments

• @PHP_Friends And for how long will you keep adding onto the 19500 EUR from the FIRST missed invoice?

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@emgh said:
    @PHP_Friends And for how long will you keep adding onto the 19500 EUR from the FIRST missed invoice?

Not at all, the customer was terminated by us, there is no reason to charge anymore.

• @PHP_Friends said:

@emgh said:
    @PHP_Friends And for how long will you keep adding onto the 19500 EUR from the FIRST missed invoice?

Not at all, the customer was terminated by us, there is no reason to charge anymore.

Let me rephrase, if I sign-up for a RS 1000 G9.5, 11.76€ a month, and only pay the first invoice, never again, for long long will you keep adding to my debt?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog

@emgh said:

@PHP_Friends said:

@emgh said:

Let me rephrase, if I sign-up for a RS 1000 G9.5, 11.76€ a month, and only pay the first invoice, never again, for long long will you keep adding to my debt?

I can't tell you that, we're not netcup and we can't say anything about their dunning or enforcement processes.

Thanked by 1nullnull
  • @PHP_Friends said:

@emgh said:

@PHP_Friends said:

@emgh said:

I can't tell you that, we're not netcup and we can't say anything about their dunning or enforcement processes.

Sorry, brain fart.

vServer S SSD G3 AMD.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @PHP_Friends said: And finally: all your tickets were processed in a maximum of 3 minutes (sometimes within 30-60 seconds!) by our support team. Again, if you don't understand something, you could have asked at any time.

You have the best support team from all the providers I have tried. Also, your tos is clear even for someone like me coming from a third-world country with no laws or whatsoever, ;). I really appreciate the clear and transparent communication here. I do not think you need to defend yourselves guys. Thank you!

Thanked by 2dataforest TODO
  • @angstrom said:
    @boringHustler @alexvolk

If what you each claim is true, then you shouldn't have an issue with submitting your customer numbers

I'll give you each 24 hours to do so, otherwise warnings go out (and it'll be hard to take either of you seriously moving forward)

Just as a follow-up, I've issued a (medium) warning to @alexvolk , who has disappeared

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2023

Maybe I glossed over the rest of the thread too quickly, but I feel like there was some confusion because I told a whole story about netcup and someone simply replied with:

Same with @PHP_Friends

And then I feel like people started talking as though all of the details of my story were suddenly true for @PHP_Friends. But I don't feel like that short reply really necessarily meant "Every single detail you just said about netcup is also identically true of phpfriends" as much as it was just a figure of speech.

• boringHustlerboringHustler Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2023

@jar said:

Same with @PHP_Friends

And then I feel like people started talking as though all of the details of my story were suddenly true for @PHP_Friends. But I don't feel like that short reply really necessarily meant "Every single detail you just said about netcup is also identically true of phpfriends" as much as it was just a figure of speech.

I couldn't agree more. But well as things tend to happen on LET, it really blew way out of proportion. That was no way the intention nor the thought.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But as I hold the tag, I need to be really careful about what I write here onwards, and not just speak my mind.

Thanked by 1jar
  • They say they're different but they didn't answer the question I was trying to get at.

• @angstrom said:

@angstrom said:
    @boringHustler @alexvolk

If what you each claim is true, then you shouldn't have an issue with submitting your customer numbers

I'll give you each 24 hours to do so, otherwise warnings go out (and it'll be hard to take either of you seriously moving forward)

Just as a follow-up, I've issued a (medium) warning to @alexvolk , who has disappeared

Disappeared? Next time give a warning no more than 1 minute if it feels you make better.

If you still didn't get it, @PHP_Friends didn't deny that they're sending collection agencies to client addresses when they fail to get the payment so what do you want as a proof?

Collection agency number or names?

@angstrom I expect apologies from you for issuing a warning for no reason and do better in your moderation role instead of taking the provider side for no reason.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2023

@alexvolk said:

@angstrom said:

@angstrom said:
    @boringHustler @alexvolk

Disappeared? Next time give a warning no more than 1 minute if it feels you make better.

If you still didn't get it, @PHP_Friends didn't deny that they're sending collection agencies to client addresses when they fail to get the payment so what do you want as a proof?

Collection agency number or names?

@angstrom I expect apologies from you for issuing a warning for no reason and do better in your moderation role instead of taking the provider side for no reason.

@alexvolk

If all you had said was something like

I failed (or didn't want) to understand the postpaid contract model that PHP-Friends uses, and so when I didn't pay my invoice after several reminders, they sent my debt to a collection agency

then our (or at least my) reaction would have been something like

Yes, this can indeed happen to someone who failed (or didn't want) to understand the postpaid contract model that PHP-Friends uses, so why were you surprised?

But the fact is that you didn't just say something like what I wrote above

In your first comment, you acted as though the fact that you're not from Germany should excuse you in some way: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3742909/#Comment_3742909 . But this comment just shows that you failed to understand the postpaid contract model that PHP-Friends uses, because if you had understood it, it wouldn't have mattered whether or not you reside in Germany

In your second comment ( https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3743300/#Comment_3743300 ), you made specific claims about having paid for a server up to May 15 but that it was suspended on May 1 because you didn't pay on time for renewal:

Bought a server for 3 months which was idling, the expiration date (paid up to) was on 15 May but it was suspended on 1'st May as I didn't pay on time for renewal. Tried to cancel and surprise surprise I can't cancel it because I need to cancel 30 days before the expiration date.

At this point, @PHP_Friends rightly asked for your customer number in order to check your claims ( https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3743305/#Comment_3743305 )

In your third and final comment ( https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3743397/#Comment_3743397 ), you said that @PHP_Friends sent a collection agency after you without providing the service first:

Tim, you still don't get it? We are talking about you & collection agency relation that you want to get the money from a customer without providing the service first as you've written here.

At this point, @PHP_Friends again rightly asked for your customer number in order to check your claims ( https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3743409/#Comment_3743409 )

I then asked you to submit your customer number within 24 hours ( https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3743416/#Comment_3743416 )

In sum, if you're going to make specific claims about how a provider has acted against you, you need to be prepared to document your claims, which in this case, means submitting your customer number, otherwise you're not serious (and you deserve a warning)

Thanked by 2maverick dataforest
  • @PHP_Friends - you remain in this thread thanking posts but as soon as I made my question clear enough for you, you refuse to respond regarding any limit to just racking on debts?

That really does tell me, at least, enough about your operations.

Thanked by 2mustafamw3 alexvolk
  • Thanked by 1emgh
  • mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

Thanked by 2emgh BasToTheMax
  • Thanked by 1emgh

@emgh said:
    @PHP_Friends - you remain in this thread thanking posts but as soon as I made my question clear enough for you, you refuse to respond regarding any limit to just racking on debts?

That really does tell me, at least, enough about your operations.

Oh guys, everyone here is trying to make someone a rope out of something? Beyond that, further information is simply missing.

The S SSD G3 AMD at a price of EUR 9.99 gross per month can be canceled monthly with a notice period of 14 days. Termination takes place at the earliest after the expiry of the second reminder within the 14 day notice period (anything else would, as already described, violate our own terms and conditions); everything else can be found transparently in our letters and directly on the invoice. If we really wanted the debts to increase significantly, we would forward the claims to the debt collection partner immediately and without giving the customer any time - but I have already explained that too.

I would also like to point out again: postpaid means that there can still be an invoice even after cancellation, as we only carry out an invoice run at the end of the month and the first of the month and the time is billed retroactively. But here too: the service period on the invoice reflects exactly that.

We're out of the thread because this should actually be about Netcup and the new ARM products. If anyone else needs clarification, they can contact us via PM at any time.

• @angstrom said: But this comment just shows that you failed to understand the postpaid contract model that PHP-Friends uses, because if you had understood it, it wouldn't have mattered whether or not you reside in Germany

I've about ~500 servers and I'd better know what postpaid means and when to pay.

If the @PHP_Friends have a weird billing system that they code themself who is the issue?

Do you have any service with @PHP_Friends? Have you ever tried their CRMBilling? It's important, if not you simply have no clue.

@angstrom said: In sum, if you're going to make specific claims about how a provider has acted against you, you need to be prepared to document your claims, which in this case, means submitting your customer number, otherwise you're not serious (and you deserve a warning)

You're not serious, honestly, you still didn't apologize for giving me the warning.

Did I deny giving my customer number before issuing the warning?

Let's come to the question of what I've talked about here.

@PHP_Friends is sending a collection agency?

Yes, they didn't deny that.

What do you want now? Give me another warning. Maybe just ban it to make you better.

LET's become too trashy with mods taking the provider side, I don't know who gave you some rights but this decision is just a mistake.

• nikozinnikozin Member
    edited October 2023

I think german providers need to catch up, get rid of ancient billing practices. Switch to hourly billing / prepaid and automatic cancellation on non-payment.

I learned hard way through leaseweb.

For newbies: Read every fine print, ToS, contract details when signing up with hosting providers. The reason they ask for your ID/documents/passport is to put debt-chasers after you.

• mustafamw3mustafamw3 Member, Patron Provider

@nikozin said:
    I think german providers need to catch up, get rid of ancient billing practices. Switch to hourly billing / prepaid and automatic cancellation on non-payment.

For newbies: Read every fine print, ToS, contract details when signing up with hosting providers. The reason they ask for your ID/documents/passport is to put debt-chasers after you.

I agree

• @alexvolk said:

@angstrom said: But this comment just shows that you failed to understand the postpaid contract model that PHP-Friends uses, because if you had understood it, it wouldn't have mattered whether or not you reside in Germany

I've about ~500 servers and I'd better know what postpaid means and when to pay.

If the @PHP_Friends have a weird billing system that they code themself who is the issue?

Do you have any service with @PHP_Friends? Have you ever tried their CRMBilling? It's important, if not you simply have no clue.

@angstrom said: In sum, if you're going to make specific claims about how a provider has acted against you, you need to be prepared to document your claims, which in this case, means submitting your customer number, otherwise you're not serious (and you deserve a warning)

You're not serious, honestly, you still didn't apologize for giving me the warning.

Did I deny giving my customer number before issuing the warning?

Let's come to the question of what I've talked about here.

@PHP_Friends is sending a collection agency?

Yes, they didn't deny that.

What do you want now? Give me another warning. Maybe just ban it to make you better.

LET's become too trashy with mods taking the provider side, I don't know who gave you some rights but this decision is just a mistake.

@alexvolk

Frankly, I'm disappointed. I thought that you'd be mature/serious enough to want to document your claims, but by all signs, you're not -- which also leads one to suspect that your claims didn't quite reflect reality

Given this, I'm afraid that there's not much more for us to talk about. Better luck next time, but for this, you'll need to be (much) more careful/prudent, especially on my watch

• @nikozin said:

Weren't/Aren't you also a netcup customer? (No irony here?)

No, this is not the reason they ask for your ID/documents/passport. (Assuming that they even ask for your ID/documents/passport to verify your identity)

• Is 1.20 €/month per core a good price these days for cpu workloads?

It's cheaper than the cheapest offers on Azure / AWS / Oracle.

• @davide said:
    Is 1.20 €/month per core a good price these days for cpu workloads?

It's cheaper than the cheapest offers on Azure / AWS / Oracle.

Those are also dedicated cores with 1-2.5 Gbps link speed and 120TB bandwidth.

• davidedavide Member
    edited October 2023

@loay said:
    Those are also dedicated cores with 1-2.5 Gbps link speed and 120TB bandwidth.

Any Geekbench 5 results for Azure HBv2 to compare to Netcup's offer? The HBv2 line is the cheapest CPU-compute service I'm aware of.

It's unclear if these cores are dedicated.

• Netcup Arm servers are now generally available:

https://www.netcup.de/vserver/arm-server/

Use code: 36nc16766614983 for 5€ discount.

• loayloay Member
    edited December 2023

Yabs for the VPS 3000 ARM G11 VIE (12 vCore, 24RAM, 768GB NVME) 16,95€ per month with monthly contract

Fr 1. Dez 08:38:45 CET 2023

ARM compatibility is considered *experimental*

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : Neoverse-N1
    BIOS virt-5.2  CPU @ 2.0GHz
    CPU cores  : 12 @ ??? MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 23.4 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 755.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-13-arm64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : netcup GmbH
    ASN        : AS197540 netcup GmbH
    Host       : De Netcup KVM VIE
    Location   : Vienna, Vienna (9)
    Country    : Austria

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50) (Partition /dev/vda4):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 186.77 MB/s  (46.6k) | 333.94 MB/s   (5.2k)
    Write      | 186.65 MB/s  (46.6k) | 343.87 MB/s   (5.3k)
    Total      | 373.42 MB/s  (93.3k) | 677.81 MB/s  (10.5k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 361.19 MB/s    (705) | 479.31 MB/s    (468)
    Write      | 392.09 MB/s    (765) | 534.77 MB/s    (522)
    Total      | 753.28 MB/s   (1.4k) | 1.01 GB/s      (990)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.83 Gbits/sec  | busy            | 26.8 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 23.6 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 1.97 Gbits/sec  | 2.08 Gbits/sec  | 18.0 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 878 Mbits/sec   | 810 Mbits/sec   | 90.1 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 629 Mbits/sec   | 173 Mbits/sec   | 101 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 307 Mbits/sec   | 89.5 Mbits/sec  | 133 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 523 Mbits/sec   | 191 Mbits/sec   | 156 ms

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 1.72 Gbits/sec  | 1.18 Gbits/sec  | 26.8 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | 1.40 Gbits/sec  | 30.4 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 2.28 Gbits/sec  | 2.04 Gbits/sec  | 18.0 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 786 Mbits/sec   | 889 Mbits/sec   | 90.2 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 591 Mbits/sec   | 212 Mbits/sec   | 101 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 416 Mbits/sec   | 97.5 Mbits/sec  | 133 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 492 Mbits/sec   | 268 Mbits/sec   | 156 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 825
    Multi Core      | 8695
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22002857

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1124
    Multi Core      | 7345
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3800997

• Is geekbench really to bench ARM CPUs?

• @gbzret4d said:
    Is geekbench really to bench ARM CPUs?

I can't see why it can't do that?

• @loay said:

@gbzret4d said:
    Is geekbench really to bench ARM CPUs?

I can't see why it can't do that?

I thought I've read some while ago about this