Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup ARM Servers - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup ARM Servers

Comments

• @inthecloudblog said: They adapted to the market

Bolded important keyword. Those who don't adapt - entropy will annihilate.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • alexvolkalexvolk Member
    edited October 2023

@PHP_Friends said:

@alexvolk said:
    If your customer isn't from Germany then why you're trying to send a collection agency to steal the money for the service that was terminated?

To get paid for the time we provided you with the service..? :D It's not that hard to understand, really.

Let me explain to you, Tim.

As a real LET user, I'm buying servers for idling purposes which I'll probably never use.

Bought a server for 3 months which was idling, the expiration date (paid up to) was on 15 May but it was suspended on 1'st May as I didn't pay on time for renewal. Tried to cancel and surprise surprise I can't cancel it because I need to cancel 30 days before the expiration date.

You're terminating the service after the "post-paid" is over so don't lie.

I have no idea what you mean, but I think most of the readers here will be able to determine who's lying and who's not.

Who is sending the collection agency? You or me?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • We are in the Internet Era !

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@alexvolk said:
    I need to cancel 30 days before the expiration date.

Absolutely wrong.

Please give me your customer number so we can end these speculations.

@loay said:

@boringHustler said: boringHustler

Did you send your email to @PHP_Friends?

Of course he did not, because if he did, we could prove that he is telling lies about our company. And he is absolutely aware of that. :)

• excuse me beginner question, what can i run on this arm processor never understand what its used for i just know its low power server

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep

@mrKik0 said:
    excuse me beginner question, what can i run on this arm processor never understand what its used for i just know its low power server

Literally every maintained software except of some proprietary bs compiled for x86_64

Thanked by 1mrKik0
  • i saw someone shared yabs on linux distro, i just know windows is not yet there right? so i can host website and vpn on these arms too?

• tentortentor Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2023

@mrKik0 said:
    i saw someone shared yabs on linux distro, i just know windows is not yet there right? so i can host website and vpn on these arms too?

There is some joke named Windows for ARM or something like that but I am not sure how it behaves comparing to "normal" one

However there are zero issues with hosting websites and VPNs

Thanked by 1mrKik0

@SirFoxy said:
    A perfect example of this is German hosts describing paying for things as “pre-paying” — doesn’t mean it’s shady. It’s just cultural differences.

The terminology still seems unclear.

Prepaid, as we do at Avoro: Your product is due on 15.10.2023, will be billed on 08.10.2023 (for example), and if you don't pay by the due date (15.10.2023), it will be automatically turned off that day and later deleted.

Postpaid, as we do it at PHP-Friends: Your product is due on 15.10.2023 (or 05.10.2023 or whatever), will be billed together with all other products on your customer account on 31.10.2023, but will of course still be available from 15.10.2023 to 31.10.2023, and will not be disabled or deleted even if you still haven't paid on 15.11.2023, since we have a contract that (at best) both sides abide by. This means that we will continue to provide the service (for the time being) regardless of payment, and the customer will continue to pay for the services he has already used.

So, after all, prepaid - in practice - just means that the product won't be longer provided if you have not paid at the beginning of the next billing cycle.

Thanked by 2maverick boernd
  • boringHustlerboringHustler Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2023

@PHP_Friends said:
    Of course he did not, because if he did, we could prove that he is telling lies about our company. And he is absolutely aware of that. :)

Seriously? I decided to let the storm die because I liked the service from you guys, and you call me a liar?

Which part? That you send things to debt collector?
    That you keep on recurring and adding $$ as late payment for missed payment?

That I was getting account locked and unable to pay the invoice (along with late fees), and things go forwarded to debt collector within 30 days of non-payment?

Mind it, I have paid twice the amount as late fines multiple times for your servers before, and paid late because I got lazy.

And I got lazy everytime for the payment, because your website doesn't have a direct link to your billing portal. I need to search for your crm link everytime to get back in and make the payment (as subscriptions doesn't work on paypal for you guys).

@boringHustler said: […]

And you still refuse to present your customer number so we can have a look. You can repeat false information like claiming the earth is flat a thousand times, that won't make it true though.

Never said that we don't. :D

because your website doesn't have a direct link to your billing portal. I need to search for your crm link everytime to get back in

Bro, once again, this is just wrong. In this case everyone can even check that and see that this information is not the truth.

Thanked by 1loay
  • @PHP_Friends said:

@boringHustler said: […]

And you still refuse to present your customer number so we can have a look. You can repeat false information like claiming the earth is flat a thousand times, that won't make it true though.

Never said that we don't. :D

Tim, you still don't get it? We are talking about you & collection agency relation that you want to get the money from a customer without providing the service first as you've written here.

Honestly, do you have some relatives in a collection agency?

Do you know how many shady providers like you failed in recent years?

@alexvolk said:
    We are talking about you & collection agency relation that you want to get the money from a customer without providing the service first

We don't do that. And we won't feed the troll anymore. Leave your customer number or let us "fail" in peace. :)

Thanked by 1fendix
  • @boringHustler @alexvolk

If what you each claim is true, then you shouldn't have an issue with submitting your customer numbers

I'll give you each 24 hours to do so, otherwise warnings go out (and it'll be hard to take either of you seriously moving forward)

• boringHustler:

• Yabs for netcup ARM 2000 G11 with 10 vCPU (posted in the netcup forum):

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-09-06                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Di 24. Okt 19:39:49 CEST 2023

ARM compatibility is considered *experimental*

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 3 hours, 30 minutes
    Processor  : Neoverse-N1
    BIOS virt-5.2  CPU @ 2.0GHz
    CPU cores  : 10 @ ??? MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 15.6 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 503.9 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)
    Kernel     : 6.1.0-13-arm64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online     

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    ---------------------------------
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1062                          
    Multi Core      | 6498                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/3229337

YABS completed in 10 min 6 sec

Thanked by 1angstrom
    edited October 2023

@angstrom said:
    I'll give you each 24 hours to do so, otherwise warnings go out (and it'll be hard to take either of you seriously moving forward)

Here is the invoice generated as you can clearly see for tenure ending on 12th of September.

And here is a debt collector assigned to collect it on 08th of October.

I can pull the invoice/bill of payment to prove that I have paid amounts with delay (and fine) before as well, if that's needed. But I believe this should suffice to say 6 weeks claim is a hoax.

This also shows your email, claims to threaten legal proceedings, criminal offense and so on for 15 dollars.
    I told you, I liked your services while I was using them. Should have left things in peace, but if you call your customer liar on a public forum, I don't know what to say.

And for the love of God, put that billing link that starts with crm somewhere on your website. I never found that on your website to make the payments.

@boringHustler said:
    That I was getting account locked and unable to pay the invoice (along with late fees), and things go forwarded to debt collector within 30 days of non-payment?

Correction to this. For whatever reason today, I was able to reset my password, get back in and clear the dues. So, I am done with them finally.

• @boringHustler said: Here is the invoice generated as you can clearly see for tenure ending on 12th of September.
    @boringHustler said: And here is a debt collector assigned to collect it on 08th of October.

Not sure how the 12th of September would be relevant here... I guess the date of the invoice would be much more relevant.

If I understand correctly, the provider has been providing services since 13th August for you and not been paid by 8th October for these services?

Thanked by 2angstrom dataforest
  • @boringHustler said: Here is the invoice generated as you can clearly see for tenure ending on 12th of September.

What was the date of the invoice? (It's not shown on your screenshot)

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2023

@angstrom said:

@boringHustler said: Here is the invoice generated as you can clearly see for tenure ending on 12th of September.

What was the date of the invoice? (It's not shown on your screenshot)

If the date of the invoice was August 31 (I'm just guessing), then there were 5 weeks + 3 days until October 8, which was/is hardly something to make a fuss about

Basically, as far as I can tell, you failed to understand the postpaid contract model that @PHP_Friends uses and as a consequence, you incorrectly thought that you could cancel your VPS by simply not paying further invoices

What you should do is to openly acknowledge that you failed to understand the postpaid contract model that @PHP_Friends uses rather than huff and puff about just how many weeks of not paying the invoice you were allowed

Thanked by 1dataforest
    edited October 2023

@angstrom said:
    Basically, as far as I can tell, you failed to understand the postpaid contract model that @PHP_Friends uses and as a consequence, you incorrectly thought that you could cancel your VPS by simply not paying further invoices

I believe, the Invoice date was indeed 31 or 1st of September or something around that.

Honestly, I am still having my head spin over it.
    If the model is postpaid, and the billing tenure ends on 13th of September, shouldn't the payment date be 13th or after that?
    Because that's how postpaid model works, for everything (not just hosting) that I know off or am I missing something?

Same with @PHP_Friends , to top it off. Account with Php Friends no longer exists. It's a nightmare lol.
    Though I liked their service, but this whole debt collector thing is a pain.

And if you look at my first post. I wasn't even debating over it. Of course, I don't expect a service to run after non-payment, the whole debt collector thing was the real drag.

Thanked by 1mustafamw3
  • @boringHustler said:

@angstrom said:

Honestly, I am still having my head spin over it.
    If the model is postpaid, and the billing tenure ends on 13th of September, shouldn't the payment date be 13th or after that?
    Because that's how postpaid model works, for everything (not just hosting) that I know off or am I missing something?

Since you have the invoice, you could start by telling us what the date of the invoice is

edited October 2023

Its "billing period" not invoice issue date. Again: give us your invoice or customer number and we can have a look - its not a big deal.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2023

@boringHustler said: Of course, I don't expect a service to run after non-payment, the whole debt collector thing was the real drag.

This shows that you were thinking in terms of the prepaid contract model

Another way of thinking about the postpaid contract model is that the customer makes a commitment to keep paying the invoices for the service unless the customer explicitly cancels the service in advance. (In the case of PHP-Friends, the customer needs to cancel the service at least two weeks in advance)

Thanked by 1dataforest

Hi,

so based on the data you submitted in this thread, I was able to find out the customer account. First of all, we do not have an American debt collector, nor has your invoice already been sent to our German partner company. You are quoting our cancellation email, but we still give our customers several weeks to pay the outstanding debt to avoid increased costs through the debt collector - as in this case:

Invoice was generated on 31.08 and after several reminders the product was cancelled:

24.09.2023 11:01 Second reminder and last reminder
    17.09.2023 12:50 First reminder
    09.10.2023 12:15 Payment reminder

You should have noticed that something was wrong at the latest when you received the payment reminder or the first reminder. A contact with our quite competent support team would have cleared the whole thing up and we would certainly have found an accommodating solution, but I don't see a single ticket from your account mail. Instead, you accuse us here in this thread with some things and tell only half the truth. I can not share more details due to DSGVO, however, the customer is well aware due to previous invoices that php-friends.de is not a prepaid label.

I hope the discussion has an end.

Thanked by 2angstrom loay
  • @jar said:

@FatGrizzly said:
    warning:

Basically, after the first 3 months, the remaining 9 months have to be paid, but the Beta ARM servers are subject to the satisfaction guarantee and this can be used in the first 30 days.

Additional warning:

They now use a debt collector in the US and they will never cancel your server by nonpayment, ever, they will bill it every month regardless.

Back story:

On the other hand, you now got 6 more ”thanks” on LET

Thanked by 2jar mustafamw3
    edited October 2023

@PHP_Friends said:
    Hi,

so based on the data you submitted in this thread, I was able to find out the customer account. First of all, we do not have an American debt collector, nor has your invoice already been sent to our German partner company. You are quoting our cancellation email, but we still give our customers several weeks to pay the outstanding debt to avoid increased costs through the debt collector - as in this case:

Invoice was generated on 31.08 and after several reminders the product was cancelled:

24.09.2023 11:01 Second reminder and last reminder
    17.09.2023 12:50 First reminder
    09.10.2023 12:15 Payment reminder

You should have noticed that something was wrong at the latest when you received the payment reminder or the first reminder. A contact with our quite competent support team would have cleared the whole thing up and we would certainly have found an accommodating solution, but I don't see a single ticket from your account mail. Instead, you accuse us here in this thread with some things and tell only half the truth. I can not share more details due to DSGVO, however, the customer is well aware due to previous invoices that php-friends.de is not a prepaid label.

I hope the discussion has an end.

Okay I have to correct myself, there are tickets from your email address. I will briefly summarize the most important:

You ask why the invoice has not been issued yet, we told you that the invoice will be issued on the last day of the month -> no further feedback. Here you even explicitly addressed the CRM, so you know exactly where the invoices are and where you can pay them, but you accuse us that its hard to find. By the way, it is linked in every invoice.

Moreover, you even cancelled your server by email to us (this was confirmed within 3 minutes) on 12.09.2023 -> no further feedback.

Under these circumstances it will be difficult to deny that you did not know it was not a prepaid server at all.

And finally: all your tickets were processed in a maximum of 3 minutes (sometimes within 30-60 seconds!) by our support team. Again, if you don't understand something, you could have asked at any time.

In the end, you are still welcome as a customer with us. Criticism is also welcome, in which case you can contact us at any time, whether it's an 8 EUR vServer or an 800 EUR dedicated server.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @PHP_Friends his main point was that it’s crazy to invoice well over $1000 for a budget VPS and just keep on adding to the debt instead of cancelling after awhile

And no matter how you put it, that’s true

edited October 2023

@emgh said:
    @PHP_Friends his main point was that it’s crazy to invoice well over $1000 for a budget VPS and just keep on adding to the debt instead of cancelling after awhile

And no matter how you put it, that’s true

That may be the case with our colleagues at netcup, I can't judge that because I had servers there myself almost 10 years ago and paid for everything. No matter whether with or without debt collection, you never have to pay 100 times the invoice amount; we only use verified debt collection agencies that only charge the fees that are legally recognized in Germany. In his case that would have been something around 30-40 EUR, but that never happened.