Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xeroz is the worst provider I ever had - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Xeroz is the worst provider I ever had

13»

Comments

• LeviLevi Member

@ArrowBoi said:
    had bad experience with them too, had a india vps with them, I had resold it as game hosting to some indian customers and they even said there's no chance for data loss but at the end it happened and guess what? wicktor went on a vacation and didn't give a fuck about it until 2 weeks when another person came and he was soo unhelpful, at the end we had a major data loss and the support guy was telling us to reinstall the vps which we did at the end but still nothing happened and it fucked up my whole project.

Now I heard that they're closing and merging into another company, I think I received an email on that.

You have been schooled punjaby style.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • edited March 9

@ArrowBoi said:
    Now I heard that they're closing and merging into another company, I think I received an email on that.

They were never an independent company to begin with. They were always just a strangely autonomous brand of the company they are now merging into. If their site is still online just compare address or VAT number. Those were always identical.

Having said that i don't understand why anyone would have signed up there every single letter on the site just screamed children.

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@ArrowBoi said:
    had bad experience with them too, had a india vps with them, I had resold it as game hosting to some indian customers and they even said there's no chance for data loss but at the end it happened and guess what? wicktor went on a vacation and didn't give a fuck about it until 2 weeks when another person came and he was soo unhelpful, at the end we had a major data loss and the support guy was telling us to reinstall the vps which we did at the end but still nothing happened and it fucked up my whole project.

So you skipped on keeping backups? 🤔

• @plumberg said:

@ArrowBoi said:

I was still new at it back then so I did no such thing

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@ArrowBoi said:

@plumberg said:

@ArrowBoi said:

Yes. But

I do not like to pin personal failures on a provider...

And shame them.

Glad you learned now and hopefully on your new projects you would plan for backups/ disaster recovery if system uptime is critical.

• @plumberg said:

@ArrowBoi said:

@plumberg said:

@ArrowBoi said:

Yes. But

I do not like to pin personal failures on a provider...

And shame them.

Glad you learned now and hopefully on your new projects you would plan for backups/ disaster recovery if system uptime is critical.

hmm and wait I actually had backups, issue was as I was still new to it I didn't know what to do with the backups other than providing download files to my clients but it was really troublesome. Not until recently did I have a complete idea on what to do after that, basically recreating the servers for them and restoring the backup but I seriously hated the part where I had to go through all the troublesome while the hosting owner decides to go on a vacation the same day all his customer's vps services go down. When I ask him for help as it was an emergency, he says "How? I am on a 7 hour car drive with no acces to a laptop."

• I made a post on it later on drama.gg and he adds me to a group and does some sort of sorry shit and gives me like 20 something hosting credit as a sorry, in no way was that close to proper compensation, they ignored my issue for nearly 1 and half month until I made a post on them online

• That beautiful status page has gone?