Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plex blocking Hetzner? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plex blocking Hetzner?

Comments

• @kait said:

@vitobotta said: Try Stremio + Torrentio + RealDebrid. Cheap and you have literally all possible content at your disposal and max quality without having to download anything at all first.

I don't even use RealDebrid, Stremio + Torrentio is amazing though.

but that way, if I understand it correctly, you stream from p2p, not straight from their servers, is that correct?

• @vitobotta said: but that way, if I understand it correctly, you stream from p2p, not straight from their servers, is that correct?

I stream from my home server that has my ISO collection.

• Thanked by 3SirFoxy hacktek RIYAD
  • qbittorrent is better than utorrent

• @sillycat said: qbittorrent is better than utorrent

Its not better, its the best. I just came across the image on twitter.

Thanked by 2sillycat Protokolla
  • @BruhGamer12 said:
    Yea but why would plex really care

From what I've understood, they're trying to become an ad supported streaming service and I can't imagine it's easy to get into distribution negotations if 90% of the people using your software is doing so to distribute content illegally.

Further as more and more of their services become cloud based, I think they're worried some massive holywood organisation will find a way to make them liable for distributing said content.

@sillycat said:
    This can be bypassed by any VPN; you don't need to port forward for Plex to work. (afaik) (worked without it for me)

Some users on Reddit claim to have received the same notices, even though they are full self-hosting, but have Plex behind a VPN - so it seems they're going to try blocking DC VPN ranges too.

This whole thing is extremely annoying for those that host their servers in the cloud but don't sell access to them.

• Just don’t use weird corp software for ”ISO” piracy

Thanked by 2default kait
  • hacktekhacktek Member
    edited September 2023

@tjn said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

From what I've understood, they're trying to become an ad supported streaming service and I can't imagine it's easy to get into distribution negotations if 90% of the people using your software is doing so to distribute content illegally.

Further as more and more of their services become cloud based, I think they're worried some massive holywood organisation will find a way to make them liable for distributing said content.

@sillycat said:
    This can be bypassed by any VPN; you don't need to port forward for Plex to work. (afaik) (worked without it for me)

Some users on Reddit claim to have received the same notices, even though they are full self-hosting, but have Plex behind a VPN - so it seems they're going to try blocking DC VPN ranges too.

This whole thing is extremely annoying for those that host their servers in the cloud but don't sell access to them.

of course they're going to block DC ranges

they can't block the entire internet though, and providers will just get around it with residential IPs

Netflix lost that battle years ago

you can probably get around this right now by just using your provider's Netflix server, most just use ever rotating pools of residential IPs and don't stick around the same IPs for long

• @hacktek said:

@tjn said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@sillycat said:

they can't block the entire internet though, and providers will just get around it with residential IPs

you can probably get around this right now by just using your provider's Netflix server, most just use ever rotating pools of residential IPs and don't stick around the same IPs for long

Did anybody tested with cloudflare warp?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@sreekanth850 said:

@hacktek said:

@tjn said:

@BruhGamer12 said:

@sillycat said:

Did anybody tested with cloudflare warp?

you'll just get banned

• @zGato said: you'll just get banned

I'm using warp on my laptop and using plex for streaming.

• I'm just running Plex on a macmini at home connecting to a huge 16TB HDD and it works like a charm. Expense is just electricity.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy Ympker
  • @sreekanth850 said:

@zGato said: you'll just get banned

just keep abusing free & great services and then everyone will lose access to it.

• @zGato said:

@sreekanth850 said:

just keep abusing free & great services and then everyone will lose access to it.

Who told I'm abusing. I use warp in my personal laptop. This is not to watch any pirated content. i just said plex didn't banned me. Please don't be just prejudiced. I use plex for streaming kids content on their servers.

• @sreekanth850 said:

@zGato said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Who told I'm abusing. I use warp in my personal laptop. This is not to watch any pirated content. i just said plex didn't banned me. Please don't be just prejudiced. I use plex for streaming kids content on their servers.

Cloudflare WARP (Cloudflare in general) is not for video streaming unless you pay for it.

Thanked by 1larmarat
  • @zGato said: Cloudflare WARP (Cloudflare in general) is not for video streaming unless you pay for it.

I had read their tos and not mentioned about any such usage. Can you share their paid plans page for warp?

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@sreekanth850 said:

@zGato said: Cloudflare WARP (Cloudflare in general) is not for video streaming unless you pay for it.

I had read their tos and not mentioned about any such usage. Can you share their paid plans page for warp?

Depends on laws and stuff, but in general any "ISO" that you own phisically and you export to Plex is considered piracy, which breaks Cloudflare App ToS.
    Again, don't want to discuss as It's a spicy topic.

AFAIK Cloudflare general ToS disallow hosting any files that are not used for webpages unless you purchase an application to do so. Cloudflare WARP is not "hosting" content in general, but I don't feel that video streaming is allowed though it. There doesn't seem to be any ToS about it though.

What you can't do is host Plex behind Cloudflare Tunnels which is what I think some people do/want to do.

• @zGato said: AFAIK Cloudflare general ToS disallow hosting any files that are not used for webpages unless you purchase an application to do so.

This is well clear and I'd been using cloudflare R2 specifically due to this limitation. But warp is their consumer solution and it has its own tos which never really mentioned about such usage abuses.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@sreekanth850 said:

@zGato said: AFAIK Cloudflare general ToS disallow hosting any files that are not used for webpages unless you purchase an application to do so.

This is well clear and I'd been using cloudflare R2 specifically due to this limitation. But warp is their consumer solution and it has its own tos which never really mentioned about such usage abuses.

The WARP ToS is very vague and just goes to the general Applications ToS.
    You'll never hear from Cloudflare if you keep moderate usage. There's some people pushing like 50TB a month and obviously Cloudflare doesn't like that

• @zGato said:

@sreekanth850 said:

@zGato said: AFAIK Cloudflare general ToS disallow hosting any files that are not used for webpages unless you purchase an application to do so.

You'll never hear from Cloudflare if you keep moderate usage. There's some people pushing like 50TB a month and obviously Cloudflare doesn't like that

Understood. My usage will touch barely less than 5 TB a month as ISP have a FUP over the high speed. Till date i have no issue using Warp with plex. will keep posted if something happened.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@zGato said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Well yes, but it's designed something similar to optimizing routes and general surfing and video streaming is allowed on warp.

Ive used over 80TB on a warp connection

Thanked by 1emgh
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

@jonathann said:
    I'm just running Plex on a macmini at home connecting to a huge 16TB HDD and it works like a charm. Expense is just electricity.

Also self-hosting Plex at home with outside access via ZeroTier. No issues here :)

• Enable local HTTP proxy, or even easier, use HTTP proxy in plex settings and it works instantly again.

• @FatGrizzly said:

@zGato said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Well yes, but it's designed something similar to optimizing routes and general surfing and video streaming is allowed on warp.

Good things that are abused = will get restricted.
    That's what happened with their proxied CDN caching :)

Don't care as I don't use WARP, so I hope they start restricting people like you. IMHO.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@zGato said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@zGato said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Don't care as I don't use WARP, so I hope they start restricting people like you. IMHO.

Abused? You're misunderstanding me.

I pay less than a dollar for unlimited warp+ data.

• zGatozGato Member
    edited September 2023

@FatGrizzly said:

@zGato said:

@FatGrizzly said:

@zGato said:

@sreekanth850 said:

Abused? You're misunderstanding me.

I pay less than a dollar for unlimited warp+ data.

Oh you have WARP+. Well, then good :)

I'm mostly talking about Cloudflare for free in general. Obviously if you pay to have X feature then that's alright.

• @FatGrizzly said: Ive used over 80TB on a warp connection

Thanked by 2BruhGamer12 kait
  • @sillycat said:

@FatGrizzly said: Ive used over 80TB on a warp connection

Stealing both that image and your pfp.

Thanked by 2kait sillycat
  • How is using Cloudflare Warp that's designed to be constantly on (hence automatically starts if you left it off and if you turn it off on iOS it asks if you'd rather pause it for 15 min instead) for normal internet tasks such as watching videos abuse?

That's just crazy

• @emgh said: designed to be constantly on

Thanked by 1BruhGamer12