Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostslim.eu saves the user's card and steals the user's money - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostslim.eu saves the user's card and steals the user's money

13»

Comments

• @Ympker Generally bad advice, you'd be just as liable; you just wouldn't automatically settle your debt

• The good advice is: Cancel services that you start.

• @emgh said:
    @Ympker Generally bad advice, you'd be just as liable; you just wouldn't automatically settle your debt

Depending on the provider you have x days to pay an invoice, so after receiving the invoice you just update the disposable cc details. Shouldn't be too difficult imho. But yeah, if billing fails that might create trouble. Then again, PayPal is preferred anyway. For Providers not accepting PayPal this may be a fair approach.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@Ympker said: Depending on the provider you have x days to pay an invoice, so after receiving the invoice you just update the disposable cc details. Shouldn't be too difficult imho.

Yep, agreed. I just meant not updating the disposable card instead of cancelling the service isn't optimal

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @emgh said:

@Ympker said: Depending on the provider you have x days to pay an invoice, so after receiving the invoice you just update the disposable cc details. Shouldn't be too difficult imho.

Yep, agreed. I just meant not updating the disposable card instead of cancelling the service isn't optimal

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that's why I said, simply not updating the card won't exempt you from the obligation to still pay open invoices that are legit. If a provider from LE doesn't accept PayPal, though, a disposable cc may be a good way to minimize risk of abuse in case the cc details would be stored/leaked.. (as this is LET, afterall).

Thanked by 1emgh
  • yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@emgh said:
    The good advice is: Cancel services that you start.

@Ympker said:

@emgh said:

Ah, gotcha. Yeah, that's why I said, simply not updating the card won't exempt you from the obligation to still pay open invoices that are legit. If a provider from LE doesn't accept PayPal, though, a disposable cc may be a good way to minimize risk of abuse in case the cc details would be stored/leaked.. (as this is LET, afterall).

The problem is that hostslim.eu did not reactivate my service after deducting my money. So why should I pay for a service that doesn't exist? If it reactivates after deducting fees like AWS vultr, I don't have to apply for a refund because that's my fault. But after I explained my situation (I told them that after the deduction, the service status was still terminated) they didn't care about this at all and claimed that everything was reasonable and legal. So my money is lost, but where are the services and reasonable rights I should enjoy?

• That's a nice price for a vps, is that offer still available somewhere?

• @rcy026 said: That's a nice price for a vps, is that offer still available somewhere?

seems like the discount code still works: HS75LEBSTARTER

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185998/hostslim-nl-kingsday-weekend-huge-discounts-70-off-only-this-weekend/p1

Thanked by 1rcy026