Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostslim.eu saves the user's card and steals the user's money - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostslim.eu saves the user's card and steals the user's money

Comments

• About WHMCS lol, with Fran, I always have to remember to not use my home residential IP as if I do that, I’m a fraud :P

Thanked by 1loay
  • yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@PineappleM said:
    So I read through this thread and don't quite understand... why can't you file a chargeback? Especially since you no longer have any services with them, so it's not like them terminating your account would cost you anything.

@PineappleM said:
    So I read through this thread and don't quite understand... why can't you file a chargeback? Especially since you no longer have any services with them, so it's not like them terminating your account would cost you anything.

What I need to explain is that this is a manually set up VPS because they set it up wrong at first. The hard drive I purchased was Nvme, but the VPS they delivered to me was an HDD hard drive, so they set up this VPS for me manually. . But after the first billing cycle ends, the VPS has been terminated. And I couldn't cancel it because there was no cancel button, so I left. It wasn't until August that I found out that they deducted 3 fees from me. And after deducting the fees, my VPS is still in a terminated state (the money they deducted includes this month's service cycle).

It should be noted that this manually set up VPS has been terminated since the end of the first billing cycle and has not been reactivated after deducting fees. This is obviously unreasonable (if I forgot to cancel, but the money was deducted, and I got the service I deserved, I would not ask for a refund, but 3 months of fees were deducted, and I didn’t get any service. They shouldn't take the money).

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@HostEONS said:
    @yinda when you submit cancellation request, you do get a confirmation email from WHMCS ? Just post screenshot of that, it should clear all doubts for everybody ..

But just in case you did not submitted cancellation request and just thought that since you are not using it, your VPS will be terminated and not charged, then it might be your fault

We usually disable auto credit card charge for all new clients, even though the token is stored, but if client wants auto charge we enable it, we have started this policy recently to avoid this kind of situation, but still it's done manually so we may miss some clients, and some clients who have been using us for years auto charge is enabled for them.

This was a manually setup VPS that was terminated after the first billing cycle and I couldn't cancel it, but the invoices were still being generated.

I just explained this situation in my previous reply, you can check it out.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

Yes even it's manually created, did you submitted cancellation request in WHMCS ?

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

OP did not cancel his service. I just checked this and he walked away, kept his service active and hence of course invoices will come and he linked his creditcard for auto payment. That's not something we do for OP.

OP Opened a ticket yesterday demanding his money back. He bumped his ticket every 10 minutes. Then he threatens us to open topics on LET and WHT. That's his own decision. He tried to use it as pressure to get a refund for a service we have delivered and he used (or could have used). Then we cancelled the VM for him yesterday since he asked for it to be terminated.

Again, we fulfilled our obligation. We are very reasonable and we would have like to look for a solution for OP, but hes constant bumping of tickets and threatening for bad reviews did not really worked in his favour.

When I personally saw the ticket in the morning (as it was created at night) OP had already opened this topic.

We're talking about 2.51 euro per month here. It's not about the money as it's basically selling at a loss for us at these Black Friday deals, but it's about the principle of the OP walking away, not cancelling his service and expecting us that we can smell that he stops using his VM?

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@VPSSLIM said:
    OP did not cancel his service. I just checked this and he walked away, kept his service active and hence of course invoices will come and he linked his creditcard for auto payment. That's not something we do for OP.

OP Opened a ticket yesterday demanding his money back. He bumped his ticket every 10 minutes. Then he threatens us to open topics on LET and WHT. That's his own decision. He tried to use it as pressure to get a refund for a service we have delivered and he used (or could have used). Then we cancelled the VM for him yesterday since he asked for it to be terminated.

Again, we fulfilled our obligation. We are very reasonable and we would have like to look for a solution for OP, but hes constant bumping of tickets and threatening for bad reviews did not really worked in his favour.

When I personally saw the ticket in the morning (as it was created at night) OP had already opened this topic.

We're talking about 2.51 euro per month here. It's not about the money as it's basically selling at a loss for us at these Black Friday deals, but it's about the principle of the OP walking away, not cancelling his service and expecting us that we can smell that he stops using his VM?

So now here comes the full story :)

That's why kept asking did you cancelled it, but OP never confirmed or showed screenshot of the same

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@VPSSLIM said:

OMG this is a disaster.

I was discussing a solution with you, but you refused to respond. I said that if there is no result, I will apply for arbitration. Well, now you say that I threatened you, then I ask you, did I inform you before issuing the ticket? Yes, I ask for a refund first. If there is no result, can I apply for arbitration in LET? After more than a day, you refused to respond and said that I threatened you? ? ? ? That's ridiculous……

• @VPSSLIM said:

You need to look at the previous ticket. This is a manually created VPS that was automatically terminated after the first service period. If it is my fault and you deduct the fee, but the service is still available, I will not ask for a refund, but the money you deducted includes this month's service, but it is still terminated. It's equivalent to spending money but not getting any service (this service cannot be activated at all after paying the invoice). That's why I asked for a refund.

• @yinda said: This is a manually created VPS that was automatically terminated after the first service period.

What is a manually created VPS and how does it get terminated automatically after the first service period? If you have a VPS, you will have an invoice for it and if you no longer need it you will have to cancel the service yourself.

• @malignify said:

@yinda said: This is a manually created VPS that was automatically terminated after the first service period.

What is a manually created VPS and how does it get terminated automatically after the first service period? If you have a VPS, you will have an invoice for it and if you no longer need it you will have to cancel the service yourself.

The VPS he initially delivered to me was different from what he promised, I purchased Nvme and he delivered the HDD. He said it was a bug and created me a VPS from a different node.

• @VPSSLIM said:

You can't explain why the service is still terminated after paying the invoice. This is obviously because WHMCS is stuck somewhere, or the settings are wrong. This is the reason why I asked for a refund.

• @yinda said:

@malignify said:

@yinda said: This is a manually created VPS that was automatically terminated after the first service period.

The VPS he initially delivered to me was different from what he promised, I purchased Nvme and he delivered the HDD. He said it was a bug and created me a VPS from a different node.

So were you aware of your bills and what were you invoiced for?

• @VPSSLIM said:

If the service is still available after I pay the invoice, I may realize it was my fault and I ignored it. But this service is not available at all, why should I pay for a service that does not exist? ? ?

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@malignify said:

@yinda said:

@malignify said:

What confuses and disturbs me the most is:

1. He suddenly charged my bank card after 4 months, which is extremely difficult to detect.

2. Why is the service still not activated after paying the invoice? ? ? (I paid, I should get service, right?)

3. The hard drive he delivered to me before creating the VPS was wrong and was created manually on another node. I explained it to him before issuing the ticket and asked him to check if there was a whmcs error or setting error, but he refused to check and stated that everything was legal...

4. When I was issuing the ticket, I begged him to let him take another look. If there was no result, I would apply for arbitration in LET... but he refused to respond... and ignored me at all...

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

Are you sure you don't just see two services in WHMCS and only one (The faulty one) service was on state terminated before yesterday?
    Because I don't see any reason why (no matter if maneull created or not) the server should not be displayed in WHMCS. However, I myself do not use WHMCS and therefore have little experience how this behaves.

In general, you should cancel a service and not just assume that stopping payments is enough. Once automatic payments were used of course even more important.

PS: A higher number of messages in a short time usually does not decrease the response time.

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@RapToN said:
    Are you sure you don't just see two services in WHMCS and only one (The faulty one) service was on state terminated before yesterday?
    Because I don't see any reason why (no matter if maneull created or not) the server should not be displayed in WHMCS. However, I myself do not use WHMCS and therefore have little experience how this behaves.

In general, you should cancel a service and not just assume that stopping payments is enough. Once automatic payments were used of course even more important.

PS: A higher number of messages in a short time usually does not decrease the response time.

Of course, if I forgot to cancel and I paid the invoice and the service was available, I wouldn't ask for a refund.

But after I paid the invoice, it was not reactivated. So I suspected whmcs had made a mistake somewhere, and I asked him to take a look... But he kept refusing to respond and insisted that it was legal...

• @malignify said:

@yinda said:

@malignify said:

Regarding the services shown on the invoice, I have posted in my previous reply.

This is their Offer post:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/185998/hostslim-nl-kingsday-weekend-huge-discounts-70-off-only-this-weekend/p1

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2023

So is this refunded and Thread can be closed?

I dont understand the whole deal here.

When there was No service, but a Charge and nothing is happening then Chargeback every single one.

D O N E. Done. No need for big Thread

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • @VPSSLIM said: OP did not cancel his service. I just checked this and he walked away, kept his service active and hence of course invoices will come and he linked his creditcard for auto payment.

Ah yes, everything fine, no issues on your side, 0 issues. Service active, linked creditcard for auto payment.

First payment: April 29
    Second: 4 months later
    Third: 4 months and 1 day
    Forth: 4 months and 2 days

auto payment, monthly, service active.
    Like what the actual fuck you have checked there, because clearly not this one.

• @VPSSLIM said: We're talking about 2.51 euro per month here. It's not about the money as it's basically selling at a loss for us at these Black Friday deals

So you are covering your Black Friday offers loss this way?

edited September 2023

It looks like you connected your creditcard later as I see the last payments being at 29, 30 and 31 august. Or your might have re added your card. I can't see it now as your card has been deleted from our system.

Anyhow. I've decided that we'll close your account and refund the august (3) payments. Your service was active fill September. (end of august).

So you've had the service for free for some months, so be it. I don't want to spend hours into his anymore.

@HostSlick said:

When there was No service, but a Charge and nothing is happening then Chargeback every single one.

There was a service. Teminated 31-8.

Decided to just refund and move on.

@yinda said:

@malignify said:

@yinda said:

@malignify said:

What confuses and disturbs me the most is:

1. When I was issuing the ticket, I begged him to let him take another look. If there was no result, I would apply for arbitration in LET... but he refused to respond... and ignored me at all...

You opened the ticket at night, we reply in the morning and you opened the topic already. We did not "ignore" you.

Anyhow, client account closed, refunded. Done.

Also just for complete view, OP received daily emails since may about his creditcard payments failing. He would have had all the time to contact us or cancel his service. He didn't. So it's not all out of the blue.

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@VPSSLIM said:
    It looks like you connected your creditcard later as I see the last payments being at 29, 30 and 31 august. Or your might have re added your card. I can't see it now as your card has been deleted from our system.

Anyhow. I've decided that we'll close your account and refund the august (3) payments. Your service was active fill September. (end of august).

So you've had the service for free for some months, so be it. I don't want to spend hours into his anymore.

Please don't frame me. I'm not using your services for free at all.

I only used it for a month before I left, and the service was terminated after I left. And after you deduct the fee, the service is still unavailable. How can I use your service? I am not using the service for free.

Plus, only one month’s worth of fees was refunded, which is great! ! ! (You are not even willing to explain why the service was not reactivated, and is there a reasonable basis for the money you deducted? Has the service been deleted long ago, so you cannot reactivate it, and do the fees you deducted prove that this service exists?)

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@VPSSLIM said:

@HostSlick said:

There was a service. Teminated 31-8.

After you deduct the fee, the service status is still not activated. How can I use it? (If I have used it for several months before, you should cite network usage and CPU usage to prove whether your words are reliable).

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

@VPSSLIM said:

Good call. Things like this just aren't worth the escalation they very often lead to. Obviously, if we're talking about hundreds or thousands of dollars, it might be a different story.

I've come to accept that it's not possible to please everyone (no company, doesn't matter who they are, can offer this), and that is totally fine. As long as you're pleasing more customers than you're displeasing, you're doing well.

Thanked by 2HostEONS amaeva080
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited September 2023

Another day, where I can recommend using Revolut disposable cc whenever PayPal is not available. This way your "real cc data" won't be stored anywhere. That said, just because your card can't be charged, doesn't mean your exempt from paying any legit invoices.

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@Ympker said:
    Another day, where I can recommend using Revolut disposable cc whenever PayPal is not available. This way your "real cc data" won't be stored anywhere. That said, just because your card can't be charged, doesn't mean your exempt from paying any legit invoices.

The premise of a legal invoice is that the service is available. They deducted my money and I got nothing. So is this also legal?

• @yinda said:

@Ympker said:

The premise of a legal invoice is that the service is available. They deducted my money and I got nothing. So is this also legal?

I haven't read into all details, so I won't judge. I merely suggested Revolut disposable cc to be used in the future.