Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostslim.eu saves the user's card and steals the user's money
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostslim.eu saves the user's card and steals the user's money

yindayinda Member
edited September 2023 in General

I recently discovered that hostslim.eu is trying to steal money from my Amex card every day (automatic deductions) and on August 30, August 31, September 1, 2023, 3 charges were deducted, about 9 euros (although It’s not a lot of money, but it’s still confusing and disturbing). I contacted them and opened a ticket, requesting a refund, but the response I got was: "You had several open invoices, which were all paid on the same day. The service was terminated 27/08/2023 and we charged your card on 29/08/2023, 30/08/2023 and 31/08/2023 for invoice 2056938, 2055763, and 2056081. These are all legit and you can check them in your client account.”…

I respond to them:

I have never received your invoice notification email (such as Invoice Overdue Notice), so I have no idea about the deduction you made half a month ago... This is 100% unauthorized deduction and needs to be refunded.

After register account and paying an invoice from 29/04/2023 to 28/05/2023(€ 2.51 EUR , VPS KVM Starter - Virtualizor VPS Hosting), I have not used your service again... Then a few months later, in August 2023 You suddenly charged three times starting from the 30th. This is obviously an anomaly in your billing system...

You need to check the status of this service over the past few months (I'm sure it's been TERMINATED), you should know I never use it, it's something wrong with your billing settings...

I have no intention of letting the situation escalate and affect your reputation, but you should know that it is only about 9 euros and there is no need for me to waste your and my time with a long speech here, it is not cost-effective . You need to carefully investigate what is going on and then deal with it... I believe you should give a result that satisfies both parties...

But they still refuse to refund, they firmly believe that their system is normal, and firmly believe that I paid it voluntarily... This is confusing, I opened whmcs email history and found that their billing system saved my card (I paid it in The card was not saved when paying, I paid for the order through Link.com, but I don't know why they saved the card), and then trying to deduct money every day... it's horrible! ! !

Attached below are relevant screenshots and invoice information

Comments

• Why didn't you remove your card?

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@malignify said:
    Why didn't you remove your card?

I didn't save my card when I paid, I paid through link.com (and it was a checkout payment, not a subscription).

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

So you agreed to automatic billing and then forgot to cancel the subscription .....

• @bethp said:
    So you agreed to automatic billing and then forgot to cancel the subscription .....

This is a checkout order and not a subscription order. I have no idea why they saved my card and charged my money as a subscription, which is confusing.

• bethpbethp Member, Host Rep

@yinda said:

@bethp said:

This is a checkout order and not a subscription order. I have no idea why they saved my card and charged my money as a subscription, which is confusing.

When you say you used Link you do realise that is exactly what link is ... it saves your card details for easier payments ..... you should not pay using something you do not understand.

That being said if you really do not have any service then no you should not be charged so I am not sticking up for the host in question but Link is stripe so stripe stores your card details obviously and it is something you should actually read before blindly using a payment type.

Thanked by 1yinda
  • @bethp said:

@yinda said:

@bethp said:

When you say you used Link you do realise that is exactly what link is ... it saves your card details for easier payments ..... you should not pay using something you do not understand.

That being said if you really do not have any service then no you should not be charged so I am not sticking up for the host in question but Link is stripe so stripe stores your card details obviously and it is something you should actually read before blindly using a payment type.

They don't support paypal so I have to use Link.com…

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Just saw this topic. Will investigate and reply back here as well.

Just to clarify; i’m 100% sure we did not “steal” your money. It’s 9€. Most likely you just walked away and didn’t cancel your VPS and enabled auto CC payment.

• @VPSSLIM said:
    Just saw this topic. Will investigate and reply back here as well.

Just to clarify; i’m 100% sure we did not “steal” your money. It’s 9€. Most likely you just walked away and didn’t cancel your VPS and enabled auto CC payment.

Latest news: They still refuse to refund and say I used their service until 29/8 2023, which is ridiculous, I only used it for a month then I left them and then suddenly in August they deducted me 3 months The bill... This is undoubtedly stealing money... Well, 9 euros. If you think it is yours, then I have to publish the truth so that more people can understand your tricks.

I now understand why you are afraid to use paypal...

• HizakuraHizakura Member, Patron Provider

I do not think they store your card, they use WHMCS with Stripe, only tokens are stored. Merchant can't see your card details.

For some WHMCS settings (enable auto CC charge, didn't cancel your VPS in time), they will try to charge your card every day if you have outstanding invoices.

Thanked by 1let_rocks
  • @yinda said:
    Latest news: They still refuse to refund and say I used their service until 29/8 2023, which is ridiculous, I only used it for a month then I left them and then suddenly in August they deducted me 3 months The bill... This is undoubtedly stealing money... Well, 9 euros. If you think it is yours, then I have to publish the truth so that more people can understand your tricks.

Yes, you already understand the truth

I only used it for a month then I left them

You are just like me a few months ago. I received a $100 bill from vultr for forgetting to terminate a vps.

Thanked by 1yinda
  • Only Paypal forever

Thanked by 2yinda PineappleM
  • yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@Hizakura said:
    I do not think they store your card, they use WHMCS with Stripe, only tokens are stored. Merchant can't see your card details.

For some WHMCS settings (enable auto CC charge, didn't cancel your VPS in time), they will try to charge your card every day if you have outstanding invoices.

I remember that WHMCS has the setting of AutoCancel Unpaid Orders & Invoices (if the service is not paid within 7 days, or other days, it will be canceled and terminated, and the invoice will also be cancelled...). Other providers I use have this, but hostslim does not. If this is the case, the invoice will be created all the time... and they refuse to provide paypal payment... and it is only 9 euros, and they still refuse to refund. I searched a lot of their history, and they only collect money and will not refund it...

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited September 2023

@yinda said: I recently discovered that hostslim.eu is trying to steal money from my Amex card every day (automatic deductions

Should rewrite the headline as - I put my credit card in their hands and am now opening a complaint about them taking it for themselves.

Results: Life teaches me nothing.

• @jenkki said:

@yinda said: I recently discovered that hostslim.eu is trying to steal money from my Amex card every day (automatic deductions

Should rewrite the headline as - I put my credit card in their hands and am now opening a complaint about them taking it for themselves.

I paid with a one-time checkout from link.com and did not authorize them to save my card information, but they saved my card and tried to charge it every day.

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@jenkki said:

Results: Life teaches me nothing.

You need to learn how to read a post

Result: Life only gives you cyberbullying and mockery.

it was unquestionable that I suffered a loss...and I was convinced that my service had been terminated and should not be charged again.

• @yinda said: they saved my card and tried to charge it every day.

Don't trust WHMC they always save the card if you don't even want to
    Only use temporary prepaid cards. If they ask for a credit card, tell them to fuck off.

Two simple rules and you're back on track.

Thanked by 1yinda

@yinda said: I remember that WHMCS has the setting of AutoCancel Unpaid Orders & Invoices (if the service is not paid within 7 days, or other days, it will be canceled and terminated, and the invoice will also be cancelled...).

General Settings > Invoices > Continuous Invoice Generation

But it's your own responsibility to cancel the subscription if you do not wish to renew the services.

• @yinda Did you receive an email like "Cancellation Request Confirmation"? I don't use hostslim, but most VPS providers send such emails.

• @Hizakura said:

@yinda said: I remember that WHMCS has the setting of AutoCancel Unpaid Orders & Invoices (if the service is not paid within 7 days, or other days, it will be canceled and terminated, and the invoice will also be cancelled...).

General Settings > Invoices > Continuous Invoice Generation

But it's your own responsibility to cancel the subscription if you do not wish to renew the services.

Other whmcs providers don't seem to have this problem, their orders are canceled if not paid for a few days and invoice generation is terminated.

And the unreasonable thing is: my service status is terminated from beginning to end, after I leave and after they deduct the fees. Normally, if you deduct the bill, then you should let the service be activated, right? But they didn't, and the service remained terminated. This is obviously an error in their whmcs settings, and they refuse to admit it and refuse to refund.

@yinda said: Normally, if you deduct the bill, then you should let the service be activated, right?

Normally they should provide service to you if you pay the invoices.

• @Hizakura said:

@yinda said: Normally, if you deduct the bill, then you should let the service be activated, right?

Normally they should provide service to you if you pay the invoices.

The three amounts they deducted include this month's service cycle.

But after the fee is deducted, the service status is still terminated...

In other words, my service status has always been terminated, including after paying the invoice...

• yindayinda Member
    edited September 2023

@tototo said:
    @yinda Did you receive an email like "Cancellation Request Confirmation"? I don't use hostslim, but most VPS providers send such emails.

My service status has been terminated since I left, and I cannot find "Cancel Service" in the service details

You can see in the screenshot

• @Carlin0 said:
    Only Paypal forever

Crypto forever, fuck Paypal.

• Im pretty sure the problem is you used "Link"

• So I read through this thread and don't quite understand... why can't you file a chargeback? Especially since you no longer have any services with them, so it's not like them terminating your account would cost you anything.

Thanked by 1martheen
  • @yinda said:

@tototo said:
    @yinda Did you receive an email like "Cancellation Request Confirmation"? I don't use hostslim, but most VPS providers send such emails.

My service status has been terminated since I left, and I cannot find "Cancel Service" in the service details

You can see in the screenshot

I was talking about your email inbox, not the client panel.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@yinda when you submit cancellation request, you do get a confirmation email from WHMCS ? Just post screenshot of that, it should clear all doubts for everybody ..

But just in case you did not submitted cancellation request and just thought that since you are not using it, your VPS will be terminated and not charged, then it might be your fault

We usually disable auto credit card charge for all new clients, even though the token is stored, but if client wants auto charge we enable it, we have started this policy recently to avoid this kind of situation, but still it's done manually so we may miss some clients, and some clients who have been using us for years auto charge is enabled for them.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Waiting for the @VPSSLIM side of story as well. Maybe its just a system mistake

• srch07srch07 Member
    edited September 2023

Could be a system mistake, but the way WHMCS has been setup on them is borderline moral.

Let me tell you my experience.
    Ordered first server with them that ended up getting flagged.
    Ordered one more server to test if the order was flagged again (with ip change).

Raised a Ticket to release the order with enough credibility details.
    Both orders got released, Invoices got generated and went to pending.

I paid one invoice, and opted not to save card details.
    2 days later, another invoice also got automatically charged by their system on same card, which they were not suppose to save.

It's a small amount, and I use both the servers now. However, the practice doesn't seem fair.

Thanked by 1sebkehl