Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Production Ready - VPS Providers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Production Ready - VPS Providers

13»

Comments

• look into old let threads like 5 or 10 years ago, and which providers are still active and still have good reviews

https://www.linode.com was always prem. also https://liteserver.nl, https://www.ultravps.eu/en/, https://www.lunanode.com, https://buyvm.net, https://ginernet.com/en/ etc.

do is okayish

vultr is crap. same goes for netcup. both did dpi stuff. netcup used to fuck their own customers for something like filesharing. and you have no clue who made vultr and i won't tell you :P but that alone is a reason to don't use em

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@nick_ @JasonM Appreciated.

Thanked by 3JasonM nick_ Deepak_leb
  • @xx00xx What? Vultr has been good to me, and from what I recall I do have an idea who created it, it’s @DaveA

Thanked by 2DaveA Deepak_leb
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

a few of our productions:

@InceptionHosting has been very good for us, only had a recent 3 hour down time. Other than that pretty perfect. 99.95% Up time since Nov 2022

@OVH_UK has also been pretty good for us, my only worry is lack of updates if there is a downtime, or they decide to boot us off. Just upgraded to their new AMD servers.

@Francisco BuyVM - have a few app servers running in NL, have a few short bursts of downtime. nothing major, but does get a bit frustrating. 99.95% uptime since Oct 2022

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • :O

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • @xx00xx said: vultr is crap

Curious why you think so. Vultr has served me well for the last 4 years. Only one instance of downtime due to a hardware failure, and they migrated the VM to a new host in about 3 minutes

Thanked by 2emgh Deepak_leb
  • SululuSululu Member
    edited September 2023

@Advin said:

@Sululu said:

@GoFolk2000 said:
    terrahost, ramnode, advinservers

advinservers? for production? Are you serious?

Can you please email me with any issues you've faced if you've used us before? It would help provide some feedback and context as to issues you've faced before so we can look at them and improve.

[email protected]

We've recently been spending and investing a LOT of money on upgrading both our hardware and our networks, resulting in major stability improvements. We've also been slowing down a bit, so ticket responses should be a lot quicker than what they were before.

I have previously sent you a lengthy private message on your discord channel
    (olamide). This message summarizes my opinion. This was sent over a week ago and was not acknowledged.

I once had up to 3 VPS with you, before I cancelled all. I only just recently got a small VPS to keep an eye on you guys. The performance of your servers are VERY VERY good, but the uptime and customer service should be improved on, especially the uptime.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • Ben8878Ben8878 Member
    edited September 2023

:D

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • It is clear that every provider has both positive and negative aspects. Even if a service is excellent, I still advise buying for a short period so you may migrate whenever you want and take offsite backups as often as you can. I regularly take full site backup once every night to different provider and take important database tables incremental backup once every hour. You can utilize master-slave replication for databases to perform real-time incremental backups. A reliable company server may crash, burn, or be destroyed, but an offsite backup can keep you safe not only in these situations but also in the event of other problems.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • sgno1sgno1 Member
    edited September 2023

Two of my favourites up until now - Zade Servers ( @SagnikS ) and AdvinServers ( @Advin ). Had/have servers with both providers for many years and I have never experienced anything which has affected my production-ready applications. Amazing r/w speeds and network speeds/stability will never let you down! :smile:

Thanked by 2SagnikS Deepak_leb
  • @sgno1 said:
    Two of my favourites up until now - Zade Servers ( @SagnikS ) and AdvinServers ( @Advin ). Had/have servers with both providers for many years and I have never experienced anything which has affected my production-ready applications. Amazing r/w speeds and network speeds/stability will never let you down! :smile:

I don’t even think AdvinServers is many years old lol

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

We also have been a long-standing provider since 2017 and have production-capable systems and services across clouds like AWS, DigitalOcean, and our own infrastructure

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • I think the phrase Production Ready needs to be defined, or redefined

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • HizakuraHizakura Member, Patron Provider

AWS, GCP, and Azure are my top choices.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • @Hizakura said:

Jeez. I know you are trying hard to ramp up your post count but at least check what you are replying to. Amazon, Google and Microsoft are not LET providers.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • HizakuraHizakura Member, Patron Provider

@malignify said:

@Hizakura said:

Jeez. I know you are trying hard to ramp up your post count but at least check what you are replying to. Amazon, Google and Microsoft are not LET providers.

Sorry I didn't see it.

• vsys_hostvsys_host Member, Patron Provider

Maybe we would fit this list too o:)

We have operated since 2009 and always proiratize quality for our clients, You can get more familiar with our services here: https://vsys.host/

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • @Sululu said:
    I think the phrase Production Ready needs to be defined, or redefined

One of the key parameters would be downtime in a year -- it should not exceed 12 minutes in a year, IMHO.

• @dev_vps said:

@Sululu said:

One of the key parameters would be downtime in a year -- it should not exceed 12 minutes in a year, IMHO.

12 minutes a year? then none of the LET providers mentioned so far will qualify

12 minutes a year?

• So if there's an emergency patch that needs to be applied to a server, the provider is only allowed to do 1 a year? Any additional emergency patches need to wait a year? Seems like a pretty non-production thing to do, I wouldn't want to keep any of my stuff with that provider.

• emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@soulchief said:
    So if there's an emergency patch that needs to be applied to a server, the provider is only allowed to do 1 a year? Any additional emergency patches need to wait a year? Seems like a pretty non-production thing to do, I wouldn't want to keep any of my stuff with that provider.

There are enterprise ways of doing that

kpatch & Livepatch for example

Many of them can also do live migration

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited September 2023

@Sululu said:

@dev_vps said:

@Sululu said:

12 minutes a year?

Yes, that is 99.998% uptime to be qualified for production readiness

exclude any maintenance window announced at least 72 hours in advance

• Ideally, your application stack is provider agnostic, and you aren't reliant on a single provider. Everyone looks like they're production-ready until that day they aren't, regardless of the price. If you can recover from losing instances, the provider isn't irrelevant.

Vultr is on the high end or low end, but I've found them reliable for what they are. They may not go out of business, but eventually, hardware failure will result in you losing instances. I've had similar experiences with other providers in that space at their price point.

I don't have experience with the ultra-low end, but I'd treat them no differently than the others. Assume, at the very least, instances will be lost but also operate under the assumption all instances could be lost, so don't rely on anything proprietary of theirs.

• @dev_vps said:

@Sululu said:

@dev_vps said:

@Sululu said:

12 minutes a year?

Yes, that is 99.998% uptime to be qualified for production readiness

exclude any maintenance window announced at least 72 hours in advance

Ah, ok that makes more sense.

• @emgh said: kpatch & Livepatch for example

Ubuntu Pro, for example. Redhat and Oracle offer similar services.