Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Production Ready - VPS Providers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Production Ready - VPS Providers

Hello Guys.

According to you, who was your Reliable LET Provider of all times ?

Comments

• Low end and production ready? Rare if not impossible. Eventually deadpool will force you to push that disaster recovery button. Production grade systems require heavy investment in equipment and humans. This isn't your typical 2.99 USD 1c/1g/10g SSD provider.

• OVH & Hetzner.

• Crowncloud (@speedbus) , shockhosting (@shockhosting) Also @jar (buyvm)

Are all been reliable... the issue with jar is he never has any stock

• @LTniger said:
    Low end and production ready? Rare if not impossible. Eventually deadpool will force you to push that disaster recovery button. Production grade systems require heavy investment in equipment and humans. This isn't your typical 2.99 USD 1c/1g/10g SSD provider.

Of course. I admit that. Considering their prices, it is quite unsustainable one

• OVH, Hetzner, Vultr, Linode, Netcup, LiteServer
    I have client project on above providers. All of them are stable af.

Thanked by 2Deepak_leb mrTom
  • @chip said:
    Crowncloud (@speedbus) , shockhosting (@shockhosting) Also @jar (buyvm)

Wait did Jar buy buyvm from fran?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Thundas said:

@chip said:

This must be another one of those "jarland is a buyvm shill" things :joy:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

There is not such thing as "Production Ready".
    You can't just put your shit on a VM and hope it doesn't deadpool.

Even on Hetzner, you VM may be offline at some point.
    Check the Provider before you buy.

I have about 3 purchases I do regret.
    In like 2 years, the rest is fine, which is way more.

Thanked by 3nick_ Deepak_leb ariq01
  • If you really really really care about production stability, I would recommend AWS. And be prepared for 100K bills.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • Inception hosting, Server-factory and Hosthatch.

Thanked by 2Deepak_leb mxmla
  • hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited September 2023
    • PHP-Friends/Avoro (DE) been with them for months (has good support)
    • OVH (CA, FR, US, UK, DE) (but support is almost non-existent)
    • Hetzner (DE, US) (everyone knows Hetzner is good)
    • UKDedi/FractionServers (UK) (still new on them, but support is good) (and of course many use them as they're upstream since their large)
    • LiteServer (NL) (premium neddy)
  • Hetzner, GreenCloud, HostHatch, server-factory.com, Inception Hosting, Crunchbits, LiteServer, Avoro/PHP-Friends, ExtraVM.

• To me, production ready means everything from the little things like being able to not have services for awhile without getting account suspended, being able to scale as needed (dosen’t have to be super flexible and hourly, but needs to be always possible, if stock is out, migration to another location needs to be quick and painless), snapshots needs to be avaliable, with fast and easy restore, invoices have to be easily accessible (I love OVH’s batch downlod where they send you a ZIP) …

… to the bigger things like they’re not going away overnight, if your hypervisor node is failing you can know, with 100 % certainty, that they’ll know about it before you, and they’ll have a tech inside of the DC already by that point, with spare hardware to replace it with or unused resources to migrate clients to.

So I’d argue that there is such a thing as ”production-ready”. Definitely.

Now, even the very established production-ready providers will have drive failures and emergency situations. That’s part of how products work in general. A production-level provider isn’t a replacement for proper backups and a plan B.

Thanked by 3Peppery9 Deepak_leb jsg
  • Maybe a bit controversial but I (with exceptions of-course) have an easier time trusting companies that operate their own DC for production.

Those same companies are often the ones with true 24/7 staffed datacenters where you’re a direct client to the company that the tech work for and hence they’ll actively monitor the server that you’re on.

Nothing screams production like a tech being stuck in traffic on his way to a failed server an hour away.

Thanked by 3hyena56 Deepak_leb fart
  • @emgh said:
    Maybe a bit controversial but I (with exceptions of-course) have an easier time trusting companies that operate their own DC for production.

Those same companies are often the ones with true 24/7 staffed datacenters where you’re a direct client to the company that the tech work for and hence they’ll actively monitor the server that you’re on.

Nothing screams production like a tech being stuck in traffic on his way to a failed server an hour away.

Name such providers apart from ovh, hetzer

• @Deepak_leb said: Name such providers apart from ovh, hetzer

I beleive its Alibaba. They probably have tech who sleeps in dc. :)

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • HostMediaHostMedia Member, Patron Provider

Our VPS services are very much for production use :smile:

We do not own our DC, but we have a very close relationship with our DC so any hardware issues are taken care of when we require it, such as replacement parts or network issues when we or they detect them - we have a lot of spares including entire servers just sitting there off in case of major failures.

This is just us throwing our name out there :smiley:

Of course you could add to your list, AWS Lightsail (or EC2), Azure, Google, etc

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • emghemgh Member
    edited September 2023

@Deepak_leb said:

@emgh said:
    Maybe a bit controversial but I (with exceptions of-course) have an easier time trusting companies that operate their own DC for production.

Name such providers apart from ovh, hetzer

GleSYS & Bahnhof I believe

Other than the obvious ones, you can actually get smaller resources at AWS for cheap. Lightsail isn't expensive.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • I'm with @hosthatch and @NDTN for my production-ready

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • SirFoxySirFoxy Member
    edited September 2023

Do people actually use HostHatch for production? 🤣

If something happens good luck getting a response on the next Black Friday sales thread.

Thanked by 2Deepak_leb JasonM
  • BuyVM
    Inception Hosting
    crunchbits
    Hetzner
    server-factory.com
    HostBrr @labze

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • @Thundas said:

@chip said:

No sorry I mis tagged it should have been @Francisco

Thanked by 2jar Deepak_leb
  • @jar said:

@Thundas said:

@chip said:

This must be another one of those "jarland is a buyvm shill" things :joy:

Sorry I meant to tag Francisco... but of course mxroute is also production ready

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • ExtraVM and Server-Factory

Thanked by 2mxmla Deepak_leb
  • DediPath LOL xD

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • What about Scaleway and Arubacloud? They also have their own Datacenters and they are huge so no deadpooling!

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@SirFoxy said:

If something happens good luck getting a response on the next Black Friday sales thread.

Oh hey, look it's only the 75th comment the multiple account holder (and the shill for another provider) has made about us.

Thanks for the free publicity that you do for us, it's always appreciated ;)

Thanked by 2Deepak_leb sillycat
  • @hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

Oh hey, look it's only the 75th comment the multiple account holder (and the shill for another provider) has made about us.

Honestly I've had resonably fast replies, but I still think there's some communications aspects that you could work on. Looking at the Twitter, there's often reporting on issues, but almost never any update or mention about any progress or even once they're fixed.

Panel says "We are investigating a network issue in London at this time", and has for some time, without any update as to what this might entail (to your defence, I haven't had any issues with the network in London), and https://status.hosthatch.com/ says "All systems operational".

So while I do think you do many things right, and I actually mean that, I think there's room to improve when it comes to communication, and I think most of it could be fixed without taking much time off of you guys or costing a lot.

Thanked by 1Deepak_leb
  • hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@emgh said:

@hosthatch said:

@SirFoxy said:

Honestly I've had resonably fast replies, but I still think there's some communications aspects that you could work on. Looking at the Twitter, there's often reporting on issues, but almost never any update or mention about any progress or even once they're fixed.

Panel says "We are investigating a network issue in London at this time", and has for some time, without any update as to what this might entail (to your defence, I haven't had any issues with the network in London), and https://status.hosthatch.com/ says "All systems operational".

So while I do think you do many things right, and I actually mean that, I think there's room to improve when it comes to communication, and I think most of it could be fixed without taking much time off of you guys or costing a lot.

I definitely hear you and we have a lot of stuff to improve upon (like you've mentioned).

Was just pointing out the obvious facts about this guy, so people reading his comment can go through his comment history about us to make a more informed opinion about his trolling attempts.

Thanked by 2emgh Deepak_leb