Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Win a 10Gbps Blade Server in Kansas City with CosmicGuard DDoS Protection! (Plus pre-order special) - Page 20
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Win a 10Gbps Blade Server in Kansas City with CosmicGuard DDoS Protection! (Plus pre-order special)

Comments

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

We'll do something like this again soon. I think once we get IncogDNS finalized and integrated into WHMCS to make it easier to manage the records for our domain customers, we'll do a weekly domain name giveaway or something similar.

Next batch of blades will likely have 1.92 TB Enterprise SSD options as well.

• @MannDude said: Next batch of blades will likely have 1.92 TB Enterprise SSD options as well.

Now that's hot, also 64gb ram?

• so who was the winner?

• @Don_Keedic said:
    Looks like @jackalblood, yeah?

@dom1024

Congrats dude!

Ahh you gave my a heart attack...

Thanked by 1MannDude

@ehab said:
    so who was the winner?

@dom1024 , it's on the last page.

Thanked by 1dom1024
  • ehabehab Member
    edited September 2023
    Thanked by 1MannDude
  • I think there has been a mistake. ChatGPT must have selected comment 4 on page 15 and not comment 24.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2023

Congratulations @dom1024

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • Congratulations @dom1024! Enjoy your server :)

• Congratulations @dom1024 B)

• now i am going to miss this thread...

hey @MannDude any after party giveaways ?

• @ehab said: after party

I can buy some beers

Thanked by 1ehab

To those who have pre-ordered and for the contest winner:

Sorry for the delay. I never imagined things would take so long and wouldn't have accepted pre-orders had I known things would be dragged out like this. Last update I received was on Friday stating, "just waiting for them to request a DHCP lease now" which should have been near instant but haven't heard back.

They've been sitting in the rack for weeks now, was waiting on optics, got cabeled up, then had to wait for them to get powered on, now continuing to wait.

Probably won't ever do pre-orders again, I figured saying "two weeks" was going to allow me to under-promise and over deliver (aka, getting them to you sooner), but instead it's taking much longer than anticipated.

If you want a refund, ticket in. Keep in mind that the actual pricing for these are going to be at least double that of pre-order pricing, so even if refunded we won't be selling these for $50.00/mo for others. Otherwise, your patience is appreciated.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @MannDude said:
    To those who have pre-ordered and for the contest winner:

Sorry for the delay. I never imagined things would take so long and wouldn't have accepted pre-orders had I known things would be dragged out like this. Last update I received was on Friday stating, "just waiting for them to request a DHCP lease now" which should have been near instant but haven't heard back.

They've been sitting in the rack for weeks now, was waiting on optics, got cabeled up, then had to wait for them to get powered on, now continuing to wait.

Probably won't ever do pre-orders again, I figured saying "two weeks" was going to allow me to under-promise and over deliver (aka, getting them to you sooner), but instead it's taking much longer than anticipated.

If you want a refund, ticket in. Keep in mind that the actual pricing for these are going to be at least double that of pre-order pricing, so even if refunded we won't be selling these for $50.00/mo for others. Otherwise, your patience is appreciated.

Thanks so much for the update, I assume that means we have no ETA, that's OK with me I'm looking forward to getting my hands on thr hardware.

As a side question if any orders get cancelled will we be able to pick up another unit at pre order price?

Yes I'd like a second 😁

• So offering 10Gbps cosmisguard for $50. What will the abuse cut off be? 1Gbps? CosmicGuard costs more than $50 per Gbps

• kaitkait Member
    edited September 2023

@Harmony said:
    So offering 10Gbps cosmisguard for $50. What will the abuse cut off be? 1Gbps? CosmicGuard costs more than $50 per Gbps

Its in the FAQ section in the OP

Whats the network fair use policy? You can not pound the port 24/7. It's not a dedicated 10Gbps line for every single blade server. No one does that at this price, so you're sharing with your neighbors. Everyone is free to burst to 10Gbps as needed but maxing out the port for extended periods is highly frowned upon. We'll write in a more proper FUP regarding network consumption once we have more data to go from.

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited September 2023

@MannDude said:

If one of those blades gets returned and you happen to brain fart the $50 blade promo @ $12, hit me up :)

Thank you again for honoring that deal! (I still don't mind paying you an extra $8.)

When your remote hands finally press a button..

edited September 2023

@kait said:

@Harmony said:
    So offering 10Gbps cosmisguard for $50. What will the abuse cut off be? 1Gbps? CosmicGuard costs more than $50 per Gbps

Its in the FAQ section in the OP

Whats the network fair use policy? You can not pound the port 24/7. It's not a dedicated 10Gbps line for every single blade server. No one does that at this price, so you're sharing with your neighbors. Everyone is free to burst to 10Gbps as needed but maxing out the port for extended periods is highly frowned upon. We'll write in a more proper FUP regarding network consumption once we have more data to go from.

We only use Cosmic for attack traffic. Regular traffic is routed over more cost efficient networks. (Ex: DDoS is detected, IP is now routed over Cosmic for the duration of the attack, once stopped, auto-routed back over normal transit)

We toyed with the idea of selling DDoS protected IPs separately but I didn't want to dedicate separate subnets for that and in this day and age DDoS protection should be seen more as a standard feature instead of an optional upgrade.

• @MannDude said: We only use Cosmic for attack traffic. Regular traffic is routed over more cost efficient networks. (Ex: DDoS is detected, IP is now routed over Cosmic for the duration of the attack, once stopped, auto-routed back over normal transit)

We toyed with the idea of selling DDoS protected IPs separately but I didn't want to dedicate separate subnets for that and in this day and age DDoS protection should be seen more as a standard feature instead of an optional upgrade.

And this is why you guys are legends <3

• Cosmic? sensible choice Incognet cuz. They share your principles.

Thanked by 1MannDude

Will begin delivering some soon. I had to reach out to many of you since most people didn't specify what OS they wanted in their order notes like requested. But for those of you who did, you get setup sooner.

Things to note:

• Server controls will be available soon through WHMCS. Please don't mess up your OS and need a reinstall until then, else we have to do it for you manually and it may not be done for you quickly.
    • We have no control on the speed in which GeoDB's update and their accuracy. We included Kansas City in our geofeed probably two months ago, some GeoDB's will show the IP ranging from Sheridan, WY (business locaiton), Coure d'Allene, Idaho (old Geo location, months stale), but most do show Kansas City. Looks like Maxmind is out of date so we'll see if they're having trouble accessing our GeoFeed for some reason or what.
    • Network stuff: Some light QoS shaping since we're still waiting on our IX port to go live (to reduce some load on the transit link).
    • We've also put in a request to increase our transit capacity as well.
    • IPv6 will be available soon. If you need it and don't have it, let us know. Soon it'll just be available by default and each new server will come with a /64
    • More blades are on order!
  • @MannDude said:
    Will begin delivering some soon. I had to reach out to many of you since most people didn't specify what OS they wanted in their order notes like requested. But for those of you who did, you get setup sooner.

Things to note:

• Server controls will be available soon through WHMCS. Please don't mess up your OS and need a reinstall until then, else we have to do it for you manually and it may not be done for you quickly.
    • We have no control on the speed in which GeoDB's update and their accuracy. We included Kansas City in our geofeed probably two months ago, some GeoDB's will show the IP ranging from Sheridan, WY (business locaiton), Coure d'Allene, Idaho (old Geo location, months stale), but most do show Kansas City. Looks like Maxmind is out of date so we'll see if they're having trouble accessing our GeoFeed for some reason or what.
    • Network stuff: Some light QoS shaping since we're still waiting on our IX port to go live (to reduce some load on the transit link).
    • We've also put in a request to increase our transit capacity as well.
    • IPv6 will be available soon. If you need it and don't have it, let us know. Soon it'll just be available by default and each new server will come with a /64
    • More blades are on order!

Looking forward. I haven't received any email on OS selection yet.

• @MannDude Can you extend/update the date as I am receiving new invoice before the sever is even ready? May be same for others too.

Thanked by 1MannDude

@mrclown said:
    @MannDude Can you extend/update the date as I am receiving new invoice before the sever is even ready? May be same for others too.

Yep! Going to send out an email today, got it drafted up. Just (re)configuring TenantOS right now actually:

Hello,

We just wanted to take a quick moment to touch base on the status of your blade server pre-order deployment. First, thanks for your patience. We never anticipated these delays and thought that our “two week” time frame would allow us ample time, with the idea that we would likely deliver early.

Some of you may have received a premature Welcome Email from us, we thought we were ready to deliver but discovered that TenantOS (Software we’re using for server management, deployment, etc) was failing to properly auto-provision these servers. We’ll be working on this today.

Additionally, if we opened a ticket for you regarding wanting to know what OS you wanted on your blade, we will be closing that out shortly to clean up the queue. You’ll be able to install your OS yourself via the management software. Servers will be deployed with no OS by default, giving you the ability to install it from the server management system which grants you the option to auto-add your SSH key or use a generated password. Doing it this way means we don’t have to generate and send you a password, which we shouldn’t know anyway.

There is some QoS traffic shaping occurring until the datacenter fires up our KCIX port which will be able to take some of the traffic burden off our regular transit, this is to prevent over-saturating the current connection. With that said, we do also have additional transit (10G) already on order but were given a 45 day time-frame for delivery which will double the capacity here.

Thanks for your patience, and once again, sorry for the delays.

Been kind of embarrassed by this. I really thought we were going to deliver things sooner than the window given and here we are, late as hell. ( -_-)

• So will we have to pay for the outstanding invoice?

• @concept said:
    So will we have to pay for the outstanding invoice?

Probably not.

@concept said:

No. Open a ticket if you were invoiced and I didn't delete it.

Once provisioned your due date will be one month and a day after you get your welcome email.

• @MannDude said:

@concept said:

Once provisioned your due date will be one month and a day after you get your welcome email.

I've opened the ticket but since this is for all pre-oder this batch. Would be nice if you can update together.

Here's the ticket #0909G35P7

Thanked by 1MannDude

@mrclown said:

@MannDude said:

@concept said:

I've opened the ticket but since this is for all pre-oder this batch. Would be nice if you can update together.

Here's the ticket #0909G35P7

Thanks, will check it out very shortly.

TL;DR is the DHCP request packets are making it to the router, but not being received by the TenantOS server.

TenantOS says it's on our end. Our network guy says it's on their end.

Going to try to mess with other platforms now to see what the deal is. This is beyond frustrating and embarrassing for us. As mentioned several times already, if you want a refund and are tired of waiting, open a ticket and we'll do that.