Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Win a 10Gbps Blade Server in Kansas City with CosmicGuard DDoS Protection! (Plus pre-order special) - Page 10
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Win a 10Gbps Blade Server in Kansas City with CosmicGuard DDoS Protection! (Plus pre-order special)

Comments

• Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • pointless bump

• 10th page

• Let the

• Bumps continueeeeeeeeee

• @Xrmaddness said:

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • @ehab stop, you are doing it wrong.
    One picture == one post, don't merge them!

• @ehab
    Like this

• @ehab
    Don't merge

• @FrankZ said:

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • me me me

• Rather than something pointless, here is something useful.

Schrödinger's equation is a fundamental equation in the field of quantum mechanics, which is the branch of physics that deals with the behavior of particles on the smallest scales, such as atoms and subatomic particles. It was formulated by Austrian physicist Erwin Schrödinger in 1925 as part of the development of wave mechanics, one of the two main formulations of quantum mechanics (the other being matrix mechanics, developed by Werner Heisenberg).

The equation itself describes how the wave function of a quantum system changes over time. The wave function, denoted as ψ (psi), is a mathematical function that contains information about the probability distribution of a particle's position or other observable properties. In other words, it provides a way to predict the likelihood of finding a particle in a particular state.

iħ∂ψ/∂t = Ĥψ

In this equation:

i represents the imaginary unit,
    ħ is the reduced Planck constant,
    ∂ψ/∂t is the partial derivative of the wave function ψ with respect to time,
    Ĥ is the Hamiltonian operator, which represents the total energy of a quantum system,

Here's a breakdown of the components of the equation:

• i: The imaginary unit, which is the square root of -1, is included to handle the wave-like behavior of particles in quantum mechanics.

• ħ (h-bar): This is the reduced Planck constant, a fundamental constant of nature that relates the energy of a particle to its frequency. It's a crucial factor in quantizing the physical quantities in quantum mechanics.

• ∂ψ/∂t: This part represents the partial derivative of the wave function ψ with respect to time (t). It describes how the wave function changes over time.

• Ĥ (Hamiltonian operator): The Hamiltonian operator is a mathematical operator that represents the total energy of a quantum system. It includes the kinetic and potential energy terms that describe the system's behavior.

The equation is a partial differential equation, and solving it provides information about the allowed energy levels and corresponding wave functions for a given quantum system. It has wide-ranging applications in understanding the behavior of electrons in atoms, the interactions between particles, and the behavior of matter and energy at the quantum level.

Schrödinger's equation has had a profound impact on the field of physics and has paved the way for technologies such as semiconductors, lasers, and quantum computing. Despite its complexity, it remains a fundamental tool for predicting and understanding the behavior of particles on the quantum scale.

Thanked by 2FrankZ loay
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited August 2023

I'm still stuck on the Schrödinger's cat paradox. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    But to answer the first part of your statement @alilet ....

• @FrankZ said:
    I'm still stuck on the Schrödinger's cat paradox. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• pointless bump xD

• Boink

• Boink

• Boink

• Boink

• Boink

• @FrankZ said:

Thanked by 2FrankZ crunchbits
  • bumpity

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Reminder that multi-bumping back to back doesn't help you.

If your comment is selected but the comment before/after it are also you, I'm going to the person above you. This was mentioned in my OP to not multi-bump.

With that said, it's only Tuesday? Definitely feels like a Thursday. ( -_-)

• @MannDude said:
    With that said, it's only Tuesday? Definitely feels like a Thursday. ( -_-)

Almost Wednesday, at least

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

Weather Channel vaporwave.

The weather channel used to be great background noise in any 90's household.

Thanked by 2alilet ehab
  • Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

@MannDude said:

Weather Channel vaporwave.

The weather channel used to be great background noise in any 90's household.

Don't forget the preview channel!

changes to preview channel

misses the channel you wanted to see by one second

Welp guess I'll just wait 5 minutes listening to chill ass 90's muzak

Thanked by 1MannDude