Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kts24.com Network outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

kts24.com Network outage

edited August 2023 in Outages

Is it just me or for everyone?
I have a NAT VPS offered by budgetvm.host (haendler.it), but the network (80.78.132.239) is unreachable down, both IPv4 and IPv6, while the vps is OK from VNC in the control panel.

Also I got a 500 error when opening a ticket at https://panel.haendler.it/ticket/create

Whas's going on? @HaendlerIT

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
  • RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

Unfortunately, it looks like one of our IP ranges is no longer accessible. The data centre has already been informed and is working on a solution.

@ask_seek_knock said:
    Also I got a 500 error when opening a ticket at https://panel.haendler.it/ticket/create

Possible that there is currently some internal connection down also. A better way to reach us is E-Mail: [email protected]

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member
    edited August 2023

I only have problems with IPV6

ping6 -c 3 google.com
    PING google.com(fra16s56-in-x0e.1e100.net (2a00:1450:4001:82f::200e)) 56 data bytes

--- google.com ping statistics ---
     3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2030ms

It is known that there is currently still a problem with the IPv6 connection and this will be rectified after the IPv4 problems.

All IPv4 addresses from the range 80.78.132.0/24 are currently also still down. However, this is being dealt with as a top priority.

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • I'd appreciate it if you would tell customers the cause of this outage and future prevention, like giant tech companies did when the network is recovered.

Yet I won't complain if you do not.

I think big companies tend to be less open about problems than I am.

This is mainly a failure of our communication. We were told yesterday by the data centre that there will be a network outage due to the replacement of the core routers.
    Unfortunately, this was not communicated to our customers and was not even communicated to me by our technicians.

The fact that the IP network 80.78.132.0/24 was obviously not taken over correctly during this changeover is of course very inconvenient, but since such a changeover should not happen again so soon, I don't want to complain about it.

IPv6 should also be fully functional again by now.

Thanked by 2ask_seek_knock ehab
  • edited August 2023

@RapToN said: IPv6 should also be fully functional again by now.

Thanks for explaining, but the IPv6 gateway ( 2a0d:2146:2404::1 ) is still unreachable as of now, so is my IPv6.

Is it just me or ? And what's your working IPv6 address? Is it in the same subnet with mine?
    Or you can provide a status page like DP did, so that I know you're telling truth.

@HaendlerIT
    So @RapToN should be lying now, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll apologise.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • @RapToN said:
    IPv6 should also be fully functional again by now.

I would say no...

ping6 -c 3 cloudflare.com
    PING cloudflare.com(2606:4700::6810:84e5 (2606:4700::6810:84e5)) 56 data bytes

--- cloudflare.com ping statistics ---
    3 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2029ms

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock

Thank you for the info through our ticketsystem. We will add IPv6 to our external monitoring today.

IPv6 should now also finally work again from all IP ranges.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Carlin0
  • Everything works for me now 👍

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • Down again...

Unfortunately, one of our /24 IPv4 networks is currently not accessible.

As the website of our provider is also unavailable, this is not a failure of our own infrastructure, which is why we are waiting for a response from our data centre.

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • It's back...

• edited September 2023

The network has been flickering for several hours, not sure which customers will be punished / banned when recovery.

Status page is here.