Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nasty retaliation from support of kts24.com / haendler.it budgetVM.host (awful user experience)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nasty retaliation from support of kts24.com / haendler.it budgetVM.host (awful user experience)

edited September 2023 in General

Background:
Several weeks ago when kts24.com / haendler.it had a 205 minutes network outage, I criticized @RapToN for whitewashing its claimed recovery which was achieved hours after

Now here is the latest episode.
When logging into its control panel, I was astounded to see that the credit was "-10.00 €", and a description was attached, reading

Please do not extend your service. - Administrator: Sascha Händler (32 - rapton)

At first, it occurred to me that maybe there were some difficulties in kts24.com / haendler / budgetVM 's business as DediPath did, thus it might be a kind reminder.

However, I've seen no kind of notification like that (deduction of customers' credit without content) in my entire life, so I opened a ticket to find out why.

Hello,

Today when I logged into the control panel, I found that the credit was changed to "-10.00 €" with a description of "Please do not extend your service" on 08/14/23.

Why did you make that deduction without my prior content? And what is the purpose of your action?

Thank you and have a nice day.

And here comes the reply:

Because we do not want you as customer anymore.

See your LET thread. I already told you that in public.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

Sascha Händler
Geschäftsführung / Management

Haendler.IT - Sascha Händler
Laufenstr. 65
52156 Monschau

Email: [email protected]
Tel.: +49 (0) 2472 9958010
Web: https://budgetvm.host

Bitte ändere den Betreff dieser E-Mail nicht ab, da sonst deine Antwort nicht zugeordnet werden kann.
Please don't change the subject of this e-mail, otherwise your reply can't be assigned.

"Oh, great" was my first thought when reading the reply.

I'm wondering several things, which are just like a conflict in a drama.
1. Violation of privacy committed by kts24.com / haendler / budgetVM
There is no way to link the accounts of LET and another site, because the email addresses are totally different, unless, well, um, you guess with imagination;

1. Where and what on earth did @RapToN "already told you that in public."
    I was not told by anyone that my account credit would be deducted, at least no clue from the original thread, where @RapToN was busy in sophistry.
    Can @RapToN kindly give a link to what you have told me?

2. A plain retaliation for stating truth. Well, I've criticized many providers here, for example,
    Virmach (No IPv6)
    iHostArt (No IPv6)
    OVH (raising IPv4 monthly fee)
    Scaleway (Bad OS template and support)
    JustHost(Data loss)

kts24.com should be the second company to take reprisals to a customer.

Comments

• Post full screenshot of the ticket.

• balls to them

• Actions have consequences.

• HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider

@ask_seek_knock We have IPv6 WORKING! @yoursunny can confirm B)

• I love myself some sweet ol' drama

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • Just had a look at the previous thread and it doesn't show he's told you that previously, seems a bit trigger happy when they get called out.

@dosai said:
    Post full screenshot of the ticket.

I believe it's just related to this: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3702101

Seems like an OTT reaction in my opinion, but probably best to just migrate elseware, seems like they cannot take critisism.

• RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2023

It is and remains our decision alone to whom we offer our service and to whom we do not.

@ask_seek_knock In any case, we no longer want you as a customer, but thank you so much for all the publicity you do for us. Already after your last posts we had an above-average number of orders from new customers.

I really thought I had mentioned this in the LET thread you created as well, but I guess I was wrong.

PS: I don't know if the customer tells it like that, but of course there was no credit on the account when we set it to -10 €. This would otherwise have been paid out.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Hosteroid said:

Can confirm for OTP location.
    It's on-link /112 subnet.

• @RapToN said:
    It is and remains our decision alone to whom we offer our service and to whom we do not.

@ask_seek_knock In any case, we no longer want you as a customer, but thank you so much for all the publicity you do for us. Already after your last posts we had an above-average number of orders from new customers.

I really thought I had mentioned this in the LET thread you created as well, but I guess I was wrong.

Low-end marketing.

Thanked by 2RapToN gbzret4d
  • HosteroidHosteroid Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said:

@Hosteroid said:

Can confirm for OTP location.
    It's on-link /112 subnet.

Maybe santa will bring you /48 or bigger :)

• @RapToN said:

PS: I don't know if the customer tells it like that, but of course there was no credit on the account when we set it to -10 €. This would otherwise have been paid out.

So you refused a customer because of LET reviews? Then why are you a provider here? Why do you even pay the bilohbucks?

• @default said:

@RapToN said:

So you refused a customer because of LET reviews? Then why are you a provider here? Why do you even pay the bilohbucks?

Cuz this is the only forum that wont ban scammers and other assholes.

Thanked by 2taizi gbzret4d
  • Thanked by 1johndeo983
  • @RapToN said:

ask_seek_knock In any case, we no longer want you as a customer, but thank you so much for all the publicity you do for us. Already after your last posts we had an above-average number of orders from new customers.

This is what I don't see as good, when someone treats their business as a personal matter.

• edited September 2023

@RapToN said: PS: I don't know if the customer tells it like that, but of course there was no credit on the account when we set it to -10 €. This would otherwise have been paid out.

A screenshot is worth of a thousand words.

By the way, since @RapToN or the admin of kts24.com has determined to expel me,
    I have to remind people that

the dashboard is only partly translated to English as can be seen from the screenshot, and VNC in browser is almost unusable because the keyboard layout is NOT a standard US key map,

which means you will almost certainly be painful when pressing symbol keys in the keyboard.
    Many people have complained that, or gently speaking, requested a US key map in the dashboard, but no response as of now.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2023

@Dazzle said:

@RapToN said:

ask_seek_knock In any case, we no longer want you as a customer, but thank you so much for all the publicity you do for us. Already after your last posts we had an above-average number of orders from new customers.

This is what I don't see as good, when someone treats their business as a personal matter.

Exactly. The simple fact that a customer wants to pay and give you money for a service, this is the best feedback. Whatever happens in the personal life of a customer which makes him/her cloud their judgement in reviews, the best feedback for provider is underlined in the mere fact that customer wants to renew. Every legit payment should make a provider proud.

• I do want my hosting provider to stay transparent to me
    Well, after seeing this, it's got ingrained in my mind in case I buy something from them
    I do have to worry about these things.
    From their responses, it seems to me like a kid is running it

Thanked by 1ask_seek_knock
  • To be fair, both sides handled poorly the situation. OP seems to have been way too trigger-happy in previous thread. However, the provider should not have retaliated that way.

• Just another couple going through a toxic relationship. Both should move on and never look back.

• Should Calin throw out the shitty host / idiot rep @RapToN for complaining about SMTP not being delivered on a $5/yr VPS?

Hint: Don't buy services from idiots who think AS9050 / residential Orange Romania will get through to email boxes. Or kids who take posts personally, and then have the stupidity to double down.

• Years ago i was a customer of haendler.it but i dont regret my decision to leave them when i saw how he handles bad reviews

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @RapToN said:

There's no guessing, you got caught gaslighting. You're not cut out for your job, dude.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • srch07srch07 Member
    edited September 2023

@Kris said:
    Should Calin throw out the shitty host / idiot rep @RapToN for complaining about SMTP not being delivered on a $5/yr VPS?

Hint: Don't buy services from idiots who think AS9050 / residential Orange Romania will get through to email boxes. Or kids who take posts personally, and then have the stupidity to double down.

@jar might want to educate this Hosting Provider on technical aspects of why emails ending up in spam most of the time is user's own fault. ;)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Kris said:
    Should Calin throw out the shitty host / idiot rep @RapToN for complaining about SMTP not being delivered on a $5/yr VPS?

Personally I think every company that sells to @RapToN should stop doing business with him :wink:

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@srch07 said:

@Kris said:

@jar might want to educate this Hosting Provider on technical aspects of why emails ending up in spam most of the time is user's own fault. ;)

While not always, it's quite often that the person ending up in the spam folder is the one who has to fix it anyway :wink:

Thanked by 3srch07 RapToN BBTN
  • RapToNRapToN Member, Host Rep

@jar said:

@srch07 said:

@Kris said:

While not always, it's quite often that the person ending up in the spam folder is the one who has to fix it anyway :wink:

And that also applies to ihostart.

What does this statement actually make me so unqualified? That would really interest me, because most of what is written about this is simply not correct.

PS: To make it clear. I have never tried to send mails from there. I tried to receive the mails sent by ihostart and sent logs to the owner in which it was clearly marked why they ended up in spam. And that is what I am referring to in the post.
    I have never tried to receive mails from

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

• @HostEONS said:

I can kindly quote to correct your gif

Thanked by 1HostEONS
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@ask_seek_knock said:
    VNC in browser is almost unusable because the keyboard layout is NOT a standard US key map

Uhm, that provider afaik is in Germany where the german keyboard layout is the standard. I know, it's shocking to many but we in "ROW" actually do have our own languages and layouts.

That said, every provider should offer at least the major 10 or so layouts - and many providers actually do.

• they don't have super-friendly costumer support.... I didn't have the best experience with them too...