Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dallas Colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dallas Colocation

Hello all,

I am looking for a new colocation provider in the Dallas area. Budget friendly, who would you recommend?
I've already gotten some quotes. Some are higher than I can do, others are perfectly priced for me. Another factor is company reputation; reviews are generally on one end or the other. DediPath has treated me well but with Ernie gone, I'm thinking I'll be too.

Current details:
1/4 rack (likely to expand to a 1/2 rack within 6-12 months)
10Amps @ 120v
1Gbps unmetered blend
BGP
x2 OOB Management Ports
10 Tbps On-Demand Path DDOS protection
I'd like DC access

For a 1/2 rack, I'd want 20Amp.

TIA

Comments

• Don_KeedicDon_Keedic Member
    edited August 2023

@MikeA or @aqua might be able to help you out (or maybe just point you in a better direction)

Thanked by 1abrahamj
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

You want 10 amps usable on a 1/4 rack?

• abrahamjabrahamj Member
    edited August 2023

@PieHasBeenEaten said: You want 10 amps usable on a 1/4 rack?

Yes. Honestly, you're the first I've come across not overing 10 amps on a 1/4 rack. Not sure if that's a hard stop for you or if you can toy with numbers, I'm open to it. Some providers will hard stop at 10Amp, others offer additional power if it was needed.

Edit:
    I do wish your VPSs were in stock :) I could use a few out of Dallas in the Denver/SLC area preferably but Spokane may work out okay.
    You're not in the Dallas area on colo, are you?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@abrahamj Oh I’m not a provider. I do work for one and we don’t have anything near Dallas. I was asking cause Pyschz offers something with 8 usable and unmetered 1gig. Maybe try asking Nexeon?

Thanked by 1abrahamj
  • @PieHasBeenEaten said: Oh I’m not a provider.

Ah, you got me with that signature :D I do have 1/4 and 1/2 cab quotes from Psychz. Seems like there aren't much reviews for how long they've been around.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Check with @Ian_Dot_Tech maybe.

Thanked by 2abrahamj vr10
  • cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

@abrahamj said:
    @PieHasBeenEaten said: Oh I’m not a provider.
    Ah, you got me with that signature :D I do have 1/4 and 1/2 cab quotes from Psychz. Seems like there aren't much reviews for how long they've been around.

Currently with Psychz and used to have a quarter rack with them, and now a Half Rack instead.

There great for the price they charge. Look on WHT they have some ad on there that was used to get a Half Rack with unmetered 1gbps bandwidth/uplink port with them.

Been with Psychz since 2018 or earlier.

Thanked by 1abrahamj
  • @abrahamj said: Honestly, you're the first I've come across not overing 10 amps on a 1/4 rack. Not sure if that's a hard stop for you or if you can toy with numbers, I'm open to it. Some providers will hard stop at 10Amp, others offer additional power if it was needed.

I was looking at too many providers too quickly - EasyVM has this 5 Amp 1/4 rack offering, not Crunchbits - oops

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Don't rule out Hivelocity without at least getting a quote. I don't consider them budget but their network is such quality that you're going to want to have their quote in your list before you pull a trigger. Doesn't cost anything to get a quote.

• Hopefully they can help about your needs @aqua @kuroit @Aquatis_Joseph

• aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

Reach out to me, I've recently gotten some more space so I'll be able to do it.

You can email at me [email protected]

• @aqua said:
    Reach out to me, I've recently gotten some more space so I'll be able to do it.
    You can email at me [email protected]

Emailed.

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

@DP said:
    Check with @Ian_Dot_Tech maybe.

Thanks for the tag.
    @abrahamj feel free to reach out to me in DM's for a quote, we can see how we can assist.

Thanked by 2vr10 HivelocityRick
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

Have a look at Quadranet.

If you need remote hands, they will have your back.

• John_MJohn_M Member, Patron Provider

@MechanicWeb said:
    Have a look at Quadranet.

If you need remote hands, they will have your back.

Thank you for your kind words!

• @MechanicWeb said: Have a look at Quadranet.

Looking at John's numbers, from about two months ago, they're 3 times my DediPath rate (which has been matched or, if I go with Psychz, even lower). If I remember correctly, the bandwidth was the cost killer with them. I've gotten 1/2 cab quotes at that rate which would be, from nothing but a cost perspective, better.

@Ian_Dot_Tech said: Thanks for the tag.

I have numbers from a bit ago as well. Its new enough I'll evaluate off that and get an updated quote if needed.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@abrahamj said:

@MechanicWeb said: Have a look at Quadranet.

Looking at John's numbers, from about two months ago, they're 3 times my DediPath rate (which has been matched or, if I go with Psychz, even lower). If I remember correctly, the bandwidth was the cost killer with them. I've gotten 1/2 cab quotes at that rate which would be, from nothing but a cost perspective, better.

@Ian_Dot_Tech said: Thanks for the tag.

I have numbers from a bit ago as well. Its new enough I'll evaluate off that and get an updated quote if needed.

Good day,
    If willing to come down to "Houston" (Spring) we can help you out.
    ~Josh

Thanked by 2abrahamj SirFoxy
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@John_M said: Thank you for your kind words!

You are welcome, John!

@abrahamj said: If I remember correctly, the bandwidth was the cost killer with them.

I have to agree with you that they are not the cheapest. Perhaps they can do something about it?

Thanked by 1abrahamj
  • HarmonyHarmony Member
    edited August 2023

Are a lot of these mentioned providers using the same infustructure seems to be a few that have the same DDoS protection options.

Few said Pyschz is cheapest they seem to corporate to be cheap, their other locations pricing is super high in some cases.

• maybe https://www.tier.net or https://colohouse.com/dallas/ (not cheap) and if houston is an option then https://oplink.net

Thanked by 1abrahamj
  • @MechanicWeb said: Perhaps they can do something about it?

@John_M what do you think?

• I've got some hardware colo'd at NextArray in Dallas. They are inside Flexential. I think they may have what you are looking for. I would consider them a budget provider but they have been rock solid. Support is a tad slow and seems the frontline is farmed out, but once your ticket is escalated it's great. The price is what attracted me, but it also seems to attract a lot of noobs which appears to be the majority of the negative reviews.

22U
    A+B 120v 20Amp
    1Gbps Unmetered
    IPv4 /29
    10Tbps DDoS
    Remote Hands
    Yes
    $399.99

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2023

@ordinanceb said:
    I've got some hardware colo'd at NextArray in Dallas. They are inside Flexential. I think they may have what you are looking for. I would consider them a budget provider but they have been rock solid. Support is a tad slow and seems the frontline is farmed out, but once your ticket is escalated it's great. The price is what attracted me, but it also seems to attract a lot of noobs which appears to be the majority of the negative reviews.

They stole my hardware, don't use them. This was 1-2 years ago in 2021/2022 but still, not worth the risk and I've heard very similar stories in the past. They're also banned on LET for their advertising practices.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/176004/anyone-using-nextarray-server

Thanked by 1ShalaWorks
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

I would recommend Nexeon, been using them in New York and they've been perfect. They're really cheap and support responds in a reasonable timeframe, never had any unexpected issues or network outages because of them.

Thanked by 1ispdashboard
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

Anyone has services with Incero still? Well, Hivelocity now? How are they? The specific Dallas former Incero part, not Hivelocity in general, thank you.

• @ordinanceb said: I've got some hardware colo'd at NextArray in Dallas

I'm seeing nothing but the two extremes for them. Either no issue what so ever, or constant downtime, stolen hardware, etc. I reached out for a quote early this month and am still waiting. I'm here and there on them but I figure having their quote can't hurt.

@Advin said: They stole my hardware, don't use them.

Thanked by 1ispdashboard
  • @Maounique said:
    Anyone has services with Incero still? Well, Hivelocity now? How are they? The specific Dallas former Incero part, not Hivelocity in general, thank you.

I used HiVelocity for some years and back then they were extremely good. Their support was not always answering very quickly. But maybe it took some additional time to provide an answer to some more difficult questions. No idea.

The dedicated servers (4) I rented were not cheap but acceptable and running very well.

Right now I am not renting any equipment from them myself. Some of my users - which are using my web-based panels - renting a few servers and I do not get a lot of issues about those services.

My servers were located in Atlanta ... I think - not sure - they are able to deliver servers in other data centers now too.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

thanks, buti was asking about the dallas location, the former incero stuff.

• @Maounique said:

Network is fine, pricing is high. Support is also pretty good. It's basically just incero with more corporate resources now (and a price to reflect that)

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

Gotta five a point to @Ian_Dot_Tech

Thanked by 1abrahamj