Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Veterans - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Veterans

Comments

• @Lee said:
    Thanks, like I need another reminder I am getting old. I was only in my early 40's when I joined.

Don't worry man, you are not getting old. You are already old

• I personally identity myself as a Veteran, but I don't meet the posts/visit criterias :)

• Only 2 years to go! lol

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • Maybe instead of using "Veteran" as text, any emoji would appear more fun and take less space.

🎖️

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • LeeLee Veteran

@vedran said: Don't worry man, you are not getting old. You are already old

You're not wrong..

• I'm darn close account age wise, but can't imagine I'll ever get there post wise. The lurk is too strong.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

@vedran said: So where are those veteran discounts?

Subscribe and reserve your place!

• Missing @miTgiB :(

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2023

@Dazzle said:
    Missing @miTgiB :(

Yeah. Miss Tim.

There's definitely some old folks that I miss interacting with.

@Maounique said:

@vedran said: So where are those veteran discounts?

Subscribe and reserve your place!

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

How are you all getting enough fiber in your diet? Metamucil vs Citrucel?

-sent from my Nvidia 3500x pacemaker

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @MannDude said:

Steamed carrots. Sometimes they're a bit too spicy for me.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@HalfEatenPie said:

@MannDude said:

Steamed carrots. Sometimes they're a bit too spicy for me.

Carrots? I'm not big on ethnic food.

-sent from my General Electric rotodialer 3000

Thanked by 1HalfEatenPie
  • @ChrisMiller said:
    Damn I'm old

Joined February 2012

why you don't have veteran tag?

edited August 2023

@MannDude said: Carrots? I'm not big on ethnic food.

But I am, in the winter I eat a lot of beans, in the summer lots of salads and currently I eat 2-3 Kgs of tomatoes a day. I am growing my own onions. I have tried other things like lettuce and various herbs but the snails got them way before I could. That is no wonder since May had only 2 days without rain and June 5. I am ready for the next year with some FeSO4 which is safe.

• @DP how many criteria's out of 3 listed, people have to meet. >:)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@srch07 said:
    @DP how many criteria's out of 3 listed, people have to meet. >:)

All 3 of course :smiley:

But as I mentioned, these criteria are not set in stone and needs to be "fine-tuned", somehow.

Since the current criteria doesn't quite work for a number of people, the tag assignment is currently on hold until we finalize a better set of criteria and a more effective method for assigning them.

• @DP said:

@srch07 said:
    @DP how many criteria's out of 3 listed, people have to meet. >:)

All 3 of course :smiley:

But as I mentioned, these criteria are not set in stone and needs to be "fine-tuned", somehow.

Since the current criteria doesn't quite work for a number of people, the tag assignment is currently on hold until we finalize a better set of criteria and a more effective method for assigning them.

Ok then I need to wait for my hairs to fall off.
    They are all there last time I checked. :*

BTW @vedran, do you know where @Amitz is? I want to thank him again for standing up for what was right. There were other people which didn't stay silent as well.

Thank you all!

• @Maounique said:
    BTW @vedran, do you know where @Amitz is? I want to thank him again for standing up for what was right. There were other people which didn't stay silent as well.

Thank you all!

Context?

I must have missed it. Amitz is definitely the man.

• ntlxntlx Member

Wow, can't believe I've been here for almost 7 years already. I think my WHT account (if it's still even active/valid, I should probably go check lol) dates to ~2002 or so.

• LeeLee Veteran

@ntlx said: think my WHT account (if it's still even active/valid, I should probably go check lol) dates to ~2002 or so.

I still visit WHT every now and then. Member on there for over 20 years.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Lee said:

@ntlx said: think my WHT account (if it's still even active/valid, I should probably go check lol) dates to ~2002 or so.

I still visit WHT every now and then. Member on there for over 20 years.

Does anything happen on WHT?

• Congrats to everyone! They are very precious of community

• Just dropped by to say Hello ;)

• Thank you @dp ! I will be 50 next year and this seems to be very apropriate for me!

• LeeLee Veteran

@jbiloh said: Does anything happen on WHT?

There are still a lot of regular threads/posts. Still a busy site vs LET given where hosting is in 2023.

It largely serves the same purpose as LET, advertising in the main. And still a lot of good people on WHT vs LET. They don't post as much anymore but then that is the way of hosting forums in general these days.

@Lee said:

@jbiloh said: Does anything happen on WHT?

There are still a lot of regular threads/posts. Still a busy site vs LET given where hosting is in 2023.

It largely serves the same purpose as LET, advertising in the main. And still a lot of good people on WHT vs LET. They don't post as much anymore but then that is the way of hosting forums in general these days.

I check it occasionally and sort of loosely concluded activity is down 80 to 90 percent vs 5 years ago.

• LeeLee Veteran

@jbiloh said: I check it occasionally and sort of loosely concluded activity is down 80 to 90 percent vs 5 years ago.

I would agree, it's not what it used to be, but again, down to the changing face of hosting vs years ago. You just don't need a general hosting forum like WHT anymore.

@Lee said:

@jbiloh said: I check it occasionally and sort of loosely concluded activity is down 80 to 90 percent vs 5 years ago.

I would agree, it's not what it used to be, but again, down to the changing face of hosting vs years ago. You just don't need a general hosting forum like WHT anymore.

I remember when WHT sort of mattered. Those moderators were the most crazed individuals. Ran that place right into the ground.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2023

@jbiloh said: I remember when WHT sort of mattered. Those moderators were the most crazed individuals. Ran that place right into the ground.

It's been run the same way for 20 years. I know you like to hate it. The only people that had an issue were those that were the issue.

They banned all the old CC crowd and brands. With good reason though, you were one of if not the worst shill going and those shady practices were ingrained into LET as well.

WHT still has a place for those who need it, as does LET.

This discussion has been closed.