Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndTalk Veterans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndTalk Veterans

DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
edited August 2023 in Announcements

So this is something I've been planning and wanting to do for a while and I believe now's the time for me to execute this since I've managed to get some help from @raindog308 (thank you!).

To recognize the "old timers" of our community, LowEndTalk, I will be assigning the "Veteran" tag to a list of members that are qualified, as per the metrics/criteria below.

1. The account has reached 10 years of age (from today's date).
  2. The account has at least 3000 visits count.
  3. The account has made at least 100 comments over the past 2 years, counting from today's date, so that would be from the 8th of August 2021.

For now, I plan to run this every 6 months, so for this round, based on the metrics listed above, these are the members that will be receiving the "Veteran" tag.

FYI, this list is not exhaustive and there are more names that could potentially qualify based on prior activities that might not be listed due to the current eligibility metrics, but we believe their past contributions should still be acknowledged and recognized.

In this case, if they've reached the "10-year mark", please submit the names by sending me a PM, or if you're one of them and your account has reached the "10-year mark", you can "apply" for the "Veteran" tag by sending me a PM as well, and I'll review your submission/application along with the other Moderators and Admins, and inform you of the outcome.

Last but not least, myself, and the members of staff, would like to extend our appreciation and thank you for being part of this community, and for your contributions <3

Updates:

These criteria are not set in stone and needs to be "fine-tuned".

Since the current criteria doesn't quite work for a number of people, the tag assignment is currently on hold until we finalize a better set of criteria and a more effective method for assigning them.

Comments

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

Dang I'm old.

Thanked by 2DP eva2000
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Thanks bay

Francisco

Thanked by 3DP Setsura eva2000
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

Awesome idea and recognition. Thank you :)

Thanked by 1DP
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2023

Oof. I should know more than I do for the amount of time that I've been around.

Edit: WebHostingTalk account created in 2002. This is why I'm bitter. I'm just old.

Thanked by 2DP FrankZ
  • visualwebtechnologiesvisualwebtechnologies Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2023

Great idea sir @DP

Thanked by 1DP
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Aww man, this is a nice gesture @DP, I sincerely appreciate it! Thank you for doing this!!! Didn't realize I've been here for over 10 years (I know it was long but a decade wow - I've gained a few pounds but I've earned a Veteran tag which is priceless!)

Thanked by 1DP
  • Nice, but I joined on November 2014 :disappointed:

1 year to go

Thanked by 1DP
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Great initiative, thank you for the recognition! :-)

Thanked by 3DP WebProject Not_Oles
  • 5 Years to go

Thanked by 1DP
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Very Premium of you Domain Premium.

Thanked by 2DP Xrmaddness
  • crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Semper Humilis, thank you all for your service.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

I don't know if I should feel insulted for being geriatric, or proud of the longevity! ;-)

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 2DP FrankZ
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited August 2023

@DP said: The account has at least 3000 visits count.

Visits Count should not be considered. Many Content Blockers block scripts that run these checks. I've probably visited LET (5 x 365 x 10 = ) 18,250 times, but the count is just 1,518.

• Congratulations to all veterans! Hopefully the tag will stick and not be removed by another admin in the future 😁

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

ow point #3 got me, I should post a bit more I guess :p

time flies pretty quickly it seems these days :)

Thanked by 1DP
  • jon617jon617 Veteran
    edited August 2023

Truly humbled! Cheers to all the Veterans and to many more years of contributions. 🥂#lowendfam

Thanked by 2DP risharde
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Thank you guys, been around since February 2012 👌👍

Thanked by 1DP
  • @MannDude said: Edit: WebHostingTalk account created in 2002. This is why I'm bitter. I'm just old.

Mine's from 2006, but I lurked there (and here) for a few years before joining. Even back then, I was like "debian thx" https://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=563677&p=4229271#post4229271

Thanked by 2Not_Oles MannDude
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

MS said:

@DP said: The account has at least 3000 visits count.

Visits Count should not be considered. Many Content Blockers block scripts that run these checks. I've probably visited LET (5 x 365 x 10 = ) 18,250 times, but the count is just 1,518.

Yeah, I had thought of that but then I assumed those people would probably be in the minority.

In any case, other than the decade mark, these metrics are not set in stone, so I welcome any suggestions you or others may have ✌️

Thanked by 2_MS_ Not_Oles
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2023

@DP for bae

I'm taking this as a license to be a grumpy old man. You can't take this away.

Thanked by 2DP FrankZ
  • @DP <3

Thanked by 1DP

Just noticed the 'Veteran' tag. I feel like I have stolen valor now.

Regards,
    MannDude
    Lieutenant Colonel
    2016 Meme War Veteran

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Any Veteran deals? discounts?

Thanked by 3DP Ganonk FrankZ
  • So where are those veteran discounts?

Thanked by 2DP Maounique
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Neoon said:
    Any Veteran deals? discounts?

@vedran said:
    So where are those veteran discounts?

• shafireshafire Member
    edited August 2023

@DP said:

I don't understand this :disappointed:
    Provide some explanation.

• @shafire said:

@DP said:

I don't understand this :disappointed:
    Provide some explanation.

• IHOP for the best shitty food deals.

Also IHOP 10/10 for being open 24/7. Sometimes I need IHOP to feel loved.

Thanked by 1bdl
  • Remember the days when @vedran was a mod?

Man now those were the wild West.

Remember when Robert J. F. Clarke became a script kiddie and did a SolusVM 0-day executable on RamNode?

Remember when Calin tried to ask a hacker for a database dump of clients from another host and actually offered to pay for it?

All these stupid shit. The veterans always know and keep tabs.

Thanked by 2risharde FrankZ
    edited August 2023

@HalfEatenPie said:
    IHOP for the best shitty food deals.

Also IHOP 10/10 for being open 24/7. Sometimes I need IHOP to feel loved.

IHOP is for people who are too afraid to get in a fight with a crackhead at Waffle House.

EDIT: (I eat IHOP.)