Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RCLOUDSYSTEMS - EmailBackup and EmailSync - LEGENDARY EDITION ($0.58/m) - GIVEAWAYS INSIDE! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RCLOUDSYSTEMS - EmailBackup and EmailSync - LEGENDARY EDITION ($0.58/m) - GIVEAWAYS INSIDE!

Comments

• alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@risharde said:

@alento said:
    Hi @risharde

For some reason when I am trying to check out, I get "Something went wrong. Please try again or choose another payment source."

I do not see any option other than PayPal ....

Hi @alento apologies, contacting you via PM if you don't mind to ask a question

Perfectly fine ... the issue is a display issue I think. There is a button for PayPal on the check out page ... but instead you have to use the button for proceed to checkout.

I clicked on the PayPal button causing the error. When clicking the proceed to checkout button all works.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited August 2023

@Daniel15 said:
    What does EmailSync do that imapsync or mbsync doesn't do? Your site doesn't really explain that. imapsync has a web UI too.

Good question! I haven't had a look at mbsync until now but at a quick glance this is CLI based? Don't have intensive knowledge of imapsync but I think the noteable difference is that EmailSync vs imapsync allows you to actually continue pushing only new emails from an account you previously transferred over to the new account while I don't think imapsync does that? Also imapsync is marginally more expensive? Also we don't gather user statistics like imapsync does. We also do not host the app on our servers so you're a little more sure that info stays on your server that you deploy emailsync on.

Technically EmailSync does not require you to play around with the command line ever if you just have PHP hosting and the required modules installed (that's actually why I began building it for users) - since not everyone uses the terminal and I can see that people who just want to copy email might already have webhosting and can just pop the files in and have a web interface to transfer emails via web UI.

For more power users, then you get to the CLI which you need for actual sync capabilities (which is done after your first full transfer from source email to destination email). I want to add this feature to the UI if I get a chance soon!

@alento said:

@risharde said:

@alento said:
    Hi @risharde

For some reason when I am trying to check out, I get "Something went wrong. Please try again or choose another payment source."

I do not see any option other than PayPal ....

Hi @alento apologies, contacting you via PM if you don't mind to ask a question

Perfectly fine ... the issue is a display issue I think. There is a button for PayPal on the check out page ... but instead you have to use the button for proceed to checkout.

I clicked on the PayPal button causing the error. When clicking the proceed to checkout button all works.

Ahh snap, thanks for explaining! I'll see if there's anything I can do, thank you for explaining this to me!!

edited August 2023

@Daniel15 said:
    What does EmailSync do that imapsync or mbsync doesn't do? Your site doesn't really explain that. imapsync has a web UI too.

I know you didn't necessary ask this but this might also be useful - EmailBackup on the other hand will allow the user to download their emails to server disk and then allow them to restore it to another email account when they want to. There's a subtle difference in that by doing a backup, the user has the flexibility to also make additional copies of the backup data to an external server if they see fit (user will have to do this maybe with rsync?) AND they can choose basically which snapshot they want to restore on their new email address if necessary.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited August 2023

@risharde said: if you just have PHP hosting and the required modules installed

This is probably the main benefit IMO. A good benefit for sure. Maybe you should advertise that more clearly on your site. :)

@risharde said: I think the noteable difference is that EmailSync vs imapsync allows you to actually continue pushing only new emails from an account you previously transferred over to the new account while I don't think imapsync does that?

imapsync is incremental and checks which emails already exist at the destination before syncing. This is mentioned on its site: https://imapsync.lamiral.info/. It can be pretty fast.

@risharde said: Also imapsync is marginally more expensive?
    We also do not host the app on our servers so you're a little more sure that info stays on your server that you deploy emailsync on.

imapsync (and its web UI) are free and open-source Perl scripts that you can run on your own server. Practically all Linux servers have Perl preinstalled since a lot of standard Linux distro scripts are written in Perl.

The one the author hosts costs money for inboxes larger than 3GB, but it's one-off donation after which you can do unlimited transfers.

@risharde said: I know you didn't necessary ask this but this might also be useful - EmailBackup on the other hand will allow the user to download their emails to disk and then allow them to restore it to another email account when they want to.

mbsync lets you sync to or from the local filesystem, in standard Maildir format.

@Daniel15 doesn't the author run a hosted version??? imapsync (and its web UI) are free and open-source Perl scripts that you can run on your own server.

The key word is can. How is the author getting all that stats? From the open source version?

If its open source, then are you saying someone can modify the 3gb code from the open source version?

• @risharde said:

@truweb said:
    Is it possible with EmailSync to migrate from Office 365 to Zimbra?

Thank you for the question! I have not tested these providers but as long as they both allow the IMAP (SSL) protocol - it should work! I've tested Gmail for example and that works fine!

To date ImapSync has always served me very well, but I have run into a problem with Office 365.
    I can successfully authenticate, but it does not connect.
    For this reason I asked if your solution would solve my problem.

Thanked by 1risharde

@truweb said:

@risharde said:

@truweb said:
    Is it possible with EmailSync to migrate from Office 365 to Zimbra?

Thank you for the question! I have not tested these providers but as long as they both allow the IMAP (SSL) protocol - it should work! I've tested Gmail for example and that works fine!

To date ImapSync has always served me very well, but I have run into a problem with Office 365.
    I can successfully authenticate, but it does not connect.
    For this reason I asked if your solution would solve my problem.

Thanks for clarifying, will try to test this but it won't be right now, will tag you when I test and let you know if it works on my end. Sorry for the delay.

Thanked by 1truweb
  • YKMYKM Member

So like Mailstore but for Linux?

Hate that ai chat pop up and talking..

Site not mobile friendly.

Great idea, good luck!

Thanked by 2risharde truweb
    edited August 2023

@YKM said:
    So like Mailstore but for Linux?

Hate that ai chat pop up and talking..

Site not mobile friendly.

Great idea, good luck!

I was hoping the AI would help answer questions, sorry, I will remove later. I don't know maidstore so will look at it.

Another thing I just noticed is how imapsync runs the cli - wouldn't this expose the usernames and passwords in plaintext for anyone who has enough privileges to see it on the command line?

/imapsync \
    --host1 test1.lamiral.info \
    --user1 test1 \
    --password1 "secret1" \
    --host2 test2.lamiral.info \
    --user2 test2 \
    --password2 "secret2"

• YKMYKM Member

@risharde said:
    I was hoping the AI would help answer questions, sorry, I will remove later. I don't know maidstore so will look at it.

Could just be me, others might find it useful.

Great idea, I wish you luck.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @risharde it's possible to sync several mailboxes at once and create the non-existing folders on the destination server?

Thanked by 1risharde
  • gtxrgtxr Member

RCLOUDSYSTEMS Legendary Edition

Thanked by 1risharde
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@risharde said: doesn't the author run a hosted version??? imapsync (and its web UI) are free and open-source Perl scripts that you can run on your own server.

The key word is can. How is the author getting all that stats? From the open source version?

If its open source, then are you saying someone can modify the 3gb code from the open source version?

The author hosts several versions online. One with the 3gb limit, and another unlimited (paid?). Gilles is getting his stats from the online IMAPSYNC versions that he hosts.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • CHIEF, WE MISS YOU!

Thanked by 2risharde Asim
  • RCLOUDSYSTEMS Legendary Edition

Thanked by 1risharde
    edited August 2023

@lala_th said:
    @risharde it's possible to sync several mailboxes at once and create the non-existing folders on the destination server?

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, not as yet! I'm thinking about how to do this - when I originally coded it, I didn't want to sync all mailboxes (INBOX, Sent Items etc) primarily because during the coding process I want to ensure one could copy for example Inbox from source account to Trash on the destination account. The logic sort of flowed from there.

As for missing mailboxes, I believe the code caters for this and tries to create the mailbox!

I'll keep this mind.

I also double checked how I filter input for forms which could explain some people having issues authenticating their licenses. The filter input sanitizes input by adding slashes for quotations and backslashes. So if your passwords have those, they will fail. I'll try to add this to documentation somewhere on the website.

I'm not about to remove the AI chatbot from the product pages.

Thanked by 1lala_th

@YKM said:

@risharde said:

Could just be me, others might find it useful.

Great idea, I wish you luck.

Thank you I appreciate it and blessings to you as well!

• @risharde said: Thanks for clarifying, will try to test this but it won't be right now, will tag you when I test and let you know if it works on my end. Sorry for the delay.

Office 365 should work fine as long as you support OAuth for authentication. App passwords are often blocked for security reasons - many companies that use Office 365 block all forms of auth that don't support two-factor authentication.

• AsimAsim Member

@risharde
    Does one license support multiple mailbox syncs?

What happens when I close the browser tab? will the sync break or will it continue in the background?

Thanked by 1risharde

@Asim said:
    @risharde
    Does one license support multiple mailbox syncs?

What happens when I close the browser tab? will the sync break or will it continue in the background?

Sorry for the delay here, at this point, it does a particular mailbox sync (one specific one) just by the current design. HOWEVER you can run a single license multiple times on the same server thereby allowing you to sync multiple mailboxes. I'll definitely see I can make a single install handle multiple mailbox handles but I'll have to spend time thinking how I can provide such a solution.

Secondly if you close the browser, it will not continue the sync. This is why I also developed the cli. The initial idea was to build a transfer system that nearly anyone could use on their current webhosting (that's what the GUI tries to answer) and thus it cannot use / create background process (well technically I didn't think it was a good idea trying to use PHP exec or similar to do this). So that's why I decided to create the CLI because I was pretty sure someone would throw the product under the bus for not having a background process (not you, just I know how brutal it can be both to explain this to someone intent on simply being malicious towards the product/brand) - don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the CLI because I know a lot of people especially on LET are power users.

Sorry for the long response, just explaining out the thought process. Thanks for the questions!

@lala_th said:
    @risharde it's possible to sync several mailboxes at once and create the non-existing folders on the destination server?

Just an update for you, I've already wrote some test code for this, still testing and likely will release this code out hopefully before the end of the week so maybe you can also test it, please let me know!

One thing I wanted to clarify, let's say you select a source mailbox eg Inbox and you wanted to transfer these emails to a non-existing mailbox on the destination side, you should be able to just type the name of the mailbox on the destination mailbox selectbox which has an option to add. On transfer, it will create that mailbox automatically for you.

• RCLOUDSYSTEMS Legendary Edition

Thanked by 1risharde
    edited August 2023

EmailSync 23.8.6 released - WEB UI now has the ability to transfer all source mailbox folders and emails to destination by selecting the checkbox to perform transfers.

Thanked by 1lala_th
  • CHIEF WE DON'T MISS YOU, YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT WHO SOLD LEB/T WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE

@vedran said:
    CHIEF WE DON'T MISS YOU, YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT WHO SOLD LEB/T WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE

When my marketing goes utterly in the wrong direction lol

• @risharde said:

EmailSync 23.8.6 released - WEB UI now has the ability to transfer all source mailbox folders and emails to destination by selecting the checkbox to perform transfers.

Awesome! Any plans to support this on email backup product?

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @risharde said:

@vedran said:
    CHIEF WE DON'T MISS YOU, YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT WHO SOLD LEB/T WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE

Your marketing is fine, here I am reading your thread in the Offers section which I almost never do unless I'm specifically looking for something (which I'm not right now). But saying @Chief created this site is factually wrong, it was handed to him by @LowEndAdmin (or sold for undisclosed amount of money as some claim).

Anyway, apologies for the intrusion, good luck with the sales!

Thanked by 1risharde
    edited August 2023

@truweb I just tested office365 account that I have. It seems EmailSync is able to authenticate and transfer emails as long as you use the app passwords feature. JUST A NOTE, THIS IS AN OFFICE365 account I paid directly from Microsoft and NOT A HOSTED EXCHANGE ACCOUNT (which seems to be different). The documentation from Microsoft's version and also Google's version of doing this is absolutely the worst to figure it out. Basically what I did was go to account.microsoft.com - login with my account, go to 2 factor auth and enable it. Then there's a link for app passwords, I created one, it gave me the app password, I entered that password into EmailSync with my corresponding email address and it worked.

Screenshot of a transfer happening...

@vedran said:

@risharde said:

@vedran said:

Your marketing is fine, here I am reading your thread in the Offers section which I almost never do unless I'm specifically looking for something (which I'm not right now). But saying @Chief created this site is factually wrong, it was handed to him by @LowEndAdmin (or sold for undisclosed amount of money as some claim).

Anyway, apologies for the intrusion, good luck with the sales!

Thanks! Ahhh yes my memory did not serve me entirely right, happy for the review of the history! It does bring back memories - my next coupon will be CHICAGOVPS lol

Have a wonderful day good sir!