Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iDrive e2 object storage now just $20/TB/year - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iDrive e2 object storage now just $20/TB/year

13»

Comments

• tedtomatotedtomato Member
    edited July 2023

If you want half price for the first year (e.g. $10 for 1TB), here are the steps (use at your own risk, based on their poor reliability...):

1) Register a new account with the Veeam offer/tick box

https://www.idrive.com/object-storage-e2/veeam

You get 7 day trial for 1TB, no credit card required

2) Wait for a few days, don't upgrade to a paid subscription

3) A couple of days before the end of the trial period (e.g. day 5), you will receive an offer by email (not sure where they get the 75% off from, since it's 50% off from the new prices)

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@tedtomato said:
    If you want half price for the first year (e.g. $10 for 1TB), here are the steps:

2) Wait for a few days

3) A couple of days before the end of the trial period (e.g. day 5), you will receive an offer by email

Your free trial expires in3 DAYS

3 days left, not received any email :D

edited July 2023

@hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:
    If you want half price for the first year (e.g. $10 for 1TB), here are the steps:

2) Wait for a few days

3) A couple of days before the end of the trial period (e.g. day 5), you will receive an offer by email

My screenshot show expiration on the 23rd, so 2 days from now, but someone else in this thread had the offer 6 days before the end of the week trial, so it varies.

• cpsdcpsd Member

They offer that price from the beginning of your trial.

edited July 2023

@cpsd said:
    They offer that price from the beginning of your trial.

Not for everyone, no. I have just tested. It varies. Some people get it right away, some people after 1 day, some people after 6 days...

• @Umair said:
    Anyone actually using them with Veeam ?? Where are you getting your Veeam license from ?? I contacted few providers in the past but they were only offering license for their own users. (And with some, you have to use their storage as well which is really expensive)

I don't use iDrive with Veeam, but I do use Veeam.

You can use their free community edition to support backups of up to 10 endpoints. This version seems to include most features of the paid edition, with the exception of technical support.

I bought a Veeam license directly from their site (https://www.veeam.com/store.html), but this may not be available in all regions. In that case, you'd need to contact a VAR who can sell it to you.

I haven't yet experimented with using S3-based object storage as a backup repository with Veeam.

• Nice, I contacted support and they updated the pricing on my account so it's now $20/yr

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited July 2023

Downtime, different prices, low support about downtime, delays in email messages with regards to advertised offer - I believe iDrive might not be suitable for me, but I do like the popcorn it keeps on giving.

Thanked by 1hotsnow
    edited July 2023

@vitobotta said:
    Nice, I contacted support and they updated the pricing on my account so it's now $20/yr

They are charging new customers $20 per year per TB, existing customer still $40 by default, and new customers during a trial $10 (for the first year)...

Typical iDrive tactics to milk existing customers that can't be bothered to check. They do the same with their backup product.

• defaultdefault Veteran

@tedtomato said:

@vitobotta said:
    Nice, I contacted support and they updated the pricing on my account so it's now $20/yr

They are charging new customers $20 per year per TB, existing customer still $40 by default, and new customers during a trial $10...

Typical iDrive tactics to milk existing customers that can't be bothered to check. They do the same with their backup product.

I honestly can't trust a company with such mentality. Seeing such behaviour, how may I trust they will not raise the price next year or the year after by 50%? Prices need to be as clear as possible and all customers should be treated equally (unless one pays extra for some special support, but that is a different discussion).

Thanked by 1tedtomato
  • @default said:

@tedtomato said:

@vitobotta said:

They are charging new customers $20 per year per TB, existing customer still $40 by default, and new customers during a trial $10...

Seeing such behaviour, how may I trust they will not raise the price next year or the year after by 50%?

You can't, but at least it's easy to move files around to a new provider or new account, with an open standard (S3) as opposed to their proprietary backup solution

• @tedtomato said:

@vitobotta said:

They are charging new customers $20 per year per TB, existing customer still $40 by default, and new customers during a trial $10 (for the first year)...

Yeah it's weird but for me they just cut my costs in half, so I am happy :p

Thanked by 1tedtomato
  • hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@tedtomato said:

@hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:

2) Wait for a few days

My screenshot show expiration on the 23rd, so 2 days from now, but someone else in this thread had the offer 6 days before the end of the week trial, so it varies.

received email today, but :#

We hope you have been enjoying your IDrive® e2 free trial.

Your IDrive® e2 free trial is set to expire on 2023-07-24.

Upgrade to a paid subscription. Prices start at $20.00/year for 1 TB.

• @hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:

@hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:

2) Wait for a few days

received email today, but :#

We hope you have been enjoying your IDrive® e2 free trial.

Your IDrive® e2 free trial is set to expire on 2023-07-24.

Maybe create another account (with a different email), from a different browser, to prevent cookies

• cpsdcpsd Member

@hotsnow said:

:s

• I received email ticket today:

The plan prices have been revised. If you pick the current $20/TB price plan, then the subsequent year's price will be unchanged. It will be less expensive in the long run.

The $10/TB first-year plan will cost $40 in the next year.

• @dinhvanlocitvn said:
    I received email ticket today:

The plan prices have been revised. If you pick the current $20/TB price plan, then the subsequent year's price will be unchanged. It will be less expensive in the long run.

The $10/TB first-year plan will cost $40 in the next year.

They are just making up prices as they go along. Normal price is now $20 per TB per year.

If they try to increase the price next year to $40, just create a new account