Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iDrive e2 object storage now just $20/TB/year - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iDrive e2 object storage now just $20/TB/year

Comments

• cpsdcpsd Member

I am trying this for first time today with the free account and one bucket in Paris, moving 1Tb from a storage box mounted in hetzner cloud (FSN). it takes just a couple hours to upload 1TB using s5cmd.

I registered with Veeam offer link (which is better for only the first year) but I am not sure which offer is better to anual paid plans. Any idea?

• @cpsd said:
    I am trying this for first time today with the free account and one bucket in Paris, moving 1Tb from a storage box mounted in hetzner cloud (FSN). it takes just a couple hours to upload 1TB using s5cmd.

I registered with Veeam offer link (which is better for only the first year) but I am not sure which offer is better to anual paid plans. Any idea?

There is no other offer currently

• cpsdcpsd Member

@tedtomato said:

@cpsd said:

There are two: the one from this thread which is recurring and the Veeam one linked before , only the first year:

• @VirtFusion said:

@MajorGap said:
    Is there any info which control panel does it use?

https://min.io/

Minio has literally nothing to do with e2

• @vitobotta said:

@VirtFusion said:

@MajorGap said:
    Is there any info which control panel does it use?

https://min.io/

Minio has literally nothing to do with e2

Ahh right. Fair enough. Only briefly looked at the browser source and saw references to it. Maybe I’m mistaken.

• @cpsd said:

@tedtomato said:

@cpsd said:

There are two: the one from this thread which is recurring and the Veeam one linked before , only the first year:

So one is the normal price, and one is an offer (Veeam). As far as I am aware, there are no other offers available.

• We are now approaching 3 days of my storage in Frankfurt being down. Asked support on chat but they said they don't deal with e2 (only normal iDrive)...

• TimRooTimRoo Member
    edited July 2023

Seems like an excellent value as long as that outage is an isolated incident.

• @tedtomato said:
    We are now approaching 3 days of my storage in Frankfurt being down. Asked support on chat but they said they don't deal with e2 (only normal iDrive)...

What problem are you having? All my buckets are in Frankfurt and all is good for me

• tedtomatotedtomato Member
    edited July 2023

@vitobotta said:

@tedtomato said:
    We are now approaching 3 days of my storage in Frankfurt being down. Asked support on chat but they said they don't deal with e2 (only normal iDrive)...

What problem are you having? All my buckets are in Frankfurt and all is good for me

Bucket not accessible at all, even from the web interface. "Frankfurt region under maintenance "

• @tedtomato said:

@vitobotta said:

@tedtomato said:

Bucket not accessible at all, even from the web interface. "Frankfurt region under maintenance "

I guess it impacts some hosts but not others

• @vitobotta said:

@tedtomato said:

@vitobotta said:

@tedtomato said:

I guess it impacts some hosts but not others

Yes, probably a server or cluster down as opposed to the whole region, despite what their error message says.

• hotsnowhotsnow Veteran

@tedtomato said:

@hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:

@CyberneticTitan said:
    with the caveat is that they no longer seem to offer a first year discounted price.

Promotional price is still $10 for 1TB for one year on new account (Veeam offer, tick box when creating new accounts)

https://app.idrivee2.com/signup?special=true seems no this price, already tick the Veeam offer

it show as "S3 compatible Cloud Storage (7-day Free Trial with 1 TB)"

Yes, 7 day trial and then $10 for a year for 1TB if you actually buy something. Red button at the top.

It's strange, I created an new account, ticked the Veeam offer, and now, on the top of page, it show as "Plan: 1 TB, Your free trial expires in7 DAYS", and if I click the red button of "Upgrade Now!", the price is $20/year, not $10 of first year?

• TimRooTimRoo Member

@hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:

@hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:

@CyberneticTitan said:
    with the caveat is that they no longer seem to offer a first year discounted price.

Promotional price is still $10 for 1TB for one year on new account (Veeam offer, tick box when creating new accounts)

https://app.idrivee2.com/signup?special=true seems no this price, already tick the Veeam offer

Yes, 7 day trial and then $10 for a year for 1TB if you actually buy something. Red button at the top.

It's strange, I created an new account, ticked the Veeam offer, and now, on the top of page, it show as "Plan: 1 TB, Your free trial expires in7 DAYS", and if I click the red button of "Upgrade Now!", the price is $20/year, not $10 of first year?

Wouldn't be shocked if they killed the promo with that low of a regular price.

Thanked by 1tedtomato
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@tedtomato said:

@MikePT said:
    Running backups to their service. Works fine. 👌

I am running backups to their service too. Frankfurt has been down since Friday afternoon and still down now (almost 2.5 days later). Going to the web interface, I can't even see the bucket (just an error message and that they are working on it) so wouldn't be able to recover the files if I had to.

That's not good for sure... What did the support say?

• ariq01ariq01 Member

How about latency between singapore vps with idrive e2? did anybody tried to mount them in apac vps? for backup or plex purposes

• @ariq01 said:
    How about latency between singapore vps with idrive e2? did anybody tried to mount them in apac vps? for backup or plex purposes

I use them for plex. Works well so far (~2 months).

• @gemini90 said:

@ariq01 said:

I use them for plex. Works well so far (~2 months).

How do you use an s3-compatible bucket with Plex? Very curious

edited July 2023

@MikePT said:

@tedtomato said:

@MikePT said:
    Running backups to their service. Works fine. 👌

I am running backups to their service too. Frankfurt has been down since Friday afternoon and still down now (almost 2.5 days later). Going to the web interface, I can't even see the bucket (just an error message and that they are working on it) so wouldn't be able to recover the files if I had to.

That's not good for sure... What did the support say?

Normal chat support said they don't deal with e2 issues, and they would send an email to the relevant support team. I haven't heard back, but there is a message on the web interface to advise on some "maintenance". Still doesn't work now, so that's now more than 3 days...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @vitobotta said:

How do you use an s3-compatible bucket with Plex? Very curious

I use rclone to mount the S3 bucket. You can set it to stream directly from iDrive or cache files in the VPS with rclone.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • @hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:

@hotsnow said:

@tedtomato said:

@CyberneticTitan said:

They have changed it during the week-end. Now, Veeam gets 7 days trial, and then the new pricing ($20 for 1TB).

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • cpsdcpsd Member

@tedtomato said:

@hotsnow said:

They have changed it during the week-end. Now, Veeam gets 7 days trial, and then the new pricing ($20 for 1TB).

I am checking my account (it was created yesterday with Veeam link) and they are offering me other:

edited July 2023

@cpsd said:

@tedtomato said:

@hotsnow said:

I am checking my account (it was created yesterday with Veeam link) and they are offering me other:

Sorry, your screenshot is not showing for me.

https://chevronazos.es/ doesn't seem to respond.

• cpsdcpsd Member

@tedtomato said:

• @cpsd said:

@tedtomato said:

@hotsnow said:

@cpsd said:

@tedtomato said:

When I tried yesterday, it was $20, so I guess it depends on the user, or they keep changing their offers.

• ariq01ariq01 Member

idrive singapore region = awaiting capacity expansion :cry:

Thanked by 1warih
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Signed up and chose UK. Created some buckets and pretty happy, seems quick enough for backup.

• @JamesF said:
    Signed up and chose UK. Created some buckets and pretty happy, seems quick enough for backup.

When it works, it works well. Unfortunately, has been down for me for more than 3 days now. Luckily, I use it for backup only so not a big deal if data hasn't been lost.

• kzedkzed Member

@ariq01 said:
    idrive singapore region = awaiting capacity expansion :cry:

Contact their support, they'll manually add the location for you. I'm not sure if they'll do it for everyone but they did it for me.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • UmairUmair Member

Anyone actually using them with Veeam ?? Where are you getting your Veeam license from ?? I contacted few providers in the past but they were only offering license for their own users. (And with some, you have to use their storage as well which is really expensive)