Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer sales Kimsufi & SYS - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer sales Kimsufi & SYS

13»

Comments

• fredo1664fredo1664 Member
    edited July 2023

@Arkas said:

Do you have a link to that?

>

LINK

Available in Canada only though. And VAT depends on your country, my link is France so French VAT.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • @bangudopw said:

@lwt said:
    Hmmm... I still pay 18 euros (incl VAT) per month for one of these: KS-LE - Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 - 32GB DDR3 ECC 1133MHz - 2x 2To HDD Soft RAID o:) ... guess I'll keep it...

KS-16 is now 18.93e with VAT E3-1245v2 32G DDR3 3x 2TB HDD, bigger storage with small price increase.

Desktop grade board and no ECC though

• ccaritaccarita Member
    edited July 2023

Did anyone get 1Gbps up / 1Gbps down on the SYS line in Canada?

• adnsadns Member

@ccarita said:

I have same question in DE, FR and PL.

• @ccarita said:

FWIW I got 800/800 on a KS-1 (yes the $6 calculator with a hard drive attached) but, despite the server sitting empty the whole time since I bought it, they later limited it to 100/100 mbps as advertised. So be warned that even if you roll a lucky pipe (like I did), it may not last that way forever (though I know some who were in fact lucky).

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@ccarita said: I've opened a ticket and asked to remove VAT from my account and sypplied the documents that they needed.

I did that for Kimsufi and they asked me AGAIN when I made an account at "cloud". I told them, see the Kimsufi account, it is VAT free, same entity, no, I need to provide again. I let the servers lapse and sticking with KS ones.

• @bangudopw said:
    KS-16 is now 18.93e with VAT E3-1245v2 32G DDR3 3x 2TB HDD, bigger storage with small price increase.

Silly question: how are OVH servers usully organised RAID-wise?

For example here's a $19.1 SYS-1-SAT-32 with Xeon D1520 32GB DDR4 and 4×2TB HDD - and I wonder if RAID 10 could be setup there.

• @vaviloff said:

@bangudopw said:

Silly question: how are OVH servers usully organised RAID-wise?

For example here's a $19.1 SYS-1-SAT-32 with Xeon D1520 32GB DDR4 and 4×2TB HDD - and I wonder if RAID 10 could be setup there.

This is dedi server, you can do whatever you want.

• zyborgzyborg Member

are there any known reseller for KS/SYS which accept crypto?

• I have a SYS-2-SAT-32 in Gravelines (GRA 1) if anyone wants to swap for one in Limburg (LIM 1), get in touch.

• fredo1664fredo1664 Member
    edited July 2023

@fredo1664 said:
    I never pay setup fees lol. I shouldn't write this in case OVH finds out about my super loophole but oh well.

What I do is:

1) I pay for one month + setup fee
    2) Server is delivered.
    3) As an European customer, cancel the order well within the 14 days.
    4) Server is suspended, refund is issued (except for the little time I had the server).
    5) Cancel the cancellation.
    6) Server is back online and an invoice is issued for the rest of the month, with no setup fees.
    7) ?????
    8) Profit

So this morning I bought myself a SYS-1-SSD-32 with the 30% discount thanks to the currents sales.
    I took a few pictures to illustrate my loophole. I have a French account so they are in French.
    I've never shared pictures here nor used ImgBB so hopefully I did it right.

Cancel the order:

Yes I am sure:

Money is refunded. So now I cancel the cancellation of the server:

New invoice is issued.

EDIT: Ah, it's possible that doing this I lost the -30% from the summer sales. On the KS-LE though, I'm still paying 12.99e so maybe to be used only on special servers like Black Friday etc, and not on discounted "normal" servers.

• adnsadns Member

@fredo1664 said:

@fredo1664 said:
    I never pay setup fees lol. I shouldn't write this in case OVH finds out about my super loophole but oh well.

What I do is:

2) Server is delivered.
    4) Server is suspended, refund is issued (except for the little time I had the server).
    6) Server is back online and an invoice is issued for the rest of the month, with no setup fees.
    7) ?????
    8) Profit

So this morning I bought myself a SYS-1-SSD-32 with the 30% discount thanks to the currents sales.
    I took a few pictures to illustrate my loophole. I have a French account so they are in French.

Cancel the order:

Yes I am sure:

New invoice is issued.

EDIT: Ah, it's possible that doing this I lost the -30% from the summer sales. On the KS-LE though, I'm still paying 12.99e so maybe to be used only on special servers like Black Friday etc, and not on discounted "normal" servers.

Did you cancel from this link?
    https://www.ovh.com/manager/#/dedicated/billing/orders/orders
    I can not reproduce this. Only support can do it for me...

• @adns said:

@fredo1664 said:

@fredo1664 said:

What I do is:

2) Server is delivered.
    7) ?????
    8) Profit

Cancel the order:

Yes I am sure:

New invoice is issued.

I guess this only for EU account with French address.

Thanked by 1adns
  • adnsadns Member

@bangudopw said:

@adns said:

@fredo1664 said:

@fredo1664 said:

What I do is:

2) Server is delivered.
    7) ?????
    8) Profit

Cancel the order:

Yes I am sure:

New invoice is issued.

I guess this only for EU account with French address.

Account EU, but non french.

• @adns said:

Yes, I did it from that link you posted.

Thanked by 1adns
  • Ok, bought another one just to check lol. When I order, at the end where I have to agree with the terms and conditions, at the bottom of the page there is a note that I have a right to cancel within 14 days. If you don't see that in your language, then I guess no loophole for you.

Thanked by 2adns danielyi
  • loayloay Member

I tried to register for EU account and request VAT exemption. I got this email today that it did not apply to individual accounts.

Thank you for contacting OVHcloud support.

We would like to inform you that we have contacted our financial team and received confirmation that VAT exemptions are only available to business accounts.

As your account was created as an individual account, the VAT exemption cannot be applied.

If your account is to be used for professional purposes, we invite you to modify the data using your Customer Panel:

https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-ie-account-secure-account-personal-data?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0042917#Changing your personal details

And to send us the company registration documents in response to this ticket. Otherwise, it will not be possible for the VAT exemption to be confirmed for your account.
    To confirm the resolution of your ticket, you can either reply to this email indicating "Accept" in the first line of your response, or by closing the ticket in the control panel.

To reject the proposed solution, please either respond to this email indicating "Reject" in the first line of your response, and include additional information, or or continue the exchange in the control panel.

Please note that in the absence of any feedback in the next seven days, this ticket will be closed automatically.

Thanked by 1danielyi
  • @loay said:
    I tried to register for EU account and request VAT exemption. I got this email today that it did not apply to individual accounts.

Thank you for contacting OVHcloud support.

We would like to inform you that we have contacted our financial team and received confirmation that VAT exemptions are only available to business accounts.

As your account was created as an individual account, the VAT exemption cannot be applied.

If your account is to be used for professional purposes, we invite you to modify the data using your Customer Panel:

https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-ie-account-secure-account-personal-data?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0042917#Changing your personal details

And to send us the company registration documents in response to this ticket. Otherwise, it will not be possible for the VAT exemption to be confirmed for your account.
    To confirm the resolution of your ticket, you can either reply to this email indicating "Accept" in the first line of your response, or by closing the ticket in the control panel.

To reject the proposed solution, please either respond to this email indicating "Reject" in the first line of your response, and include additional information, or or continue the exchange in the control panel.

Please note that in the absence of any feedback in the next seven days, this ticket will be closed automatically.

I would expect that a requirement for opening an EU account is that you live in the EU, therefore you have to pay VAT unless you are a business. Did you open an EU account from outside the EU?

• loayloay Member
    edited July 2023

@fredo1664 said: Did you open an EU account from outside the EU?

Yes, but it is the world website so only the payment is in Euro. They even have in their EU website footer: "In accordance with the 2006/112/CE Directive, modified on 01/01/2015, prices exclude VAT. VAT may vary according to the customer's country of residence."

• @loay said:

Yes, but it is the world website so only the payment is in Euro. They even have in their EU website footer: "In accordance with the 2006/112/CE Directive, modified on 01/01/2015, prices exclude VAT. VAT may vary according to the customer's country of residence."

in according to eu law they would also need to place prices with vat included on their website

• adnsadns Member

@gbzret4d said:

@loay said:

in according to eu law they would also need to place prices with vat included on their website

VAT amounts are different in EU countries and OVH does not have site for all countries, E.G. Hungary. Might be useful if OVH can show the price with VAT on their page, same as Hetzner does it. I only need to select the neccessary country to see the VAT amount.

• loayloay Member

@adns said: I only need to select the neccessary country to see the VAT amount.

I'm paying 23% VAT and I am not in Europe. Why can't they do something like Hetzner for that or at least say that it is only for business accounts

• @fredo1664 said:

So it turns out I actually didn't lose the -30% sales discount, yeah.
    I think that's all the test I can possibly do on the subject, so I can move on to something else now :smile:

• @adns said:

@gbzret4d said:

@loay said:

VAT amounts are different in EU countries and OVH does not have site for all countries, E.G. Hungary. Might be useful if OVH can show the price with VAT on their page, same as Hetzner does it. I only need to select the neccessary country to see the VAT amount.

They can and they could

• I have a SYS-2-SAT-32 from Summer Sales 2023 that I no longer use.

Intel Xeon D1541 CPU
    32GB ECC 2133MHz RAM
    4x2TB HDD SATA
    GRA1 - Gravelines ip4/ip6 250/250 Mbps

Monthly base price 23.09 incl. VAT
    Next payment date: January 27, 2024
    OVH EU account

If anyone wants it, contact me.

• PineappleMPineappleM Member
    edited January 13

@alexj1982 You should start your own transfer thread if you want people to see it.

Also that base price doesn't include the currency symbol -- I assume it is in euro?

• @PineappleM said:
    @alexj1982 You should start your own transfer thread if you want people to see it.

Also that base price doesn't include the currency symbol -- I assume it is in euro?

Monthly base price 23.09 euro incl. VAT

Unfortunately I can't start a transfer thread, I have to post 25 posts first.