Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer sales Kimsufi & SYS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer sales Kimsufi & SYS

Comments

• ZreindZreind Member
    edited June 2023

@Xedon said:

@Zreind said:

@Xedon said:
    hmm no bad deals. Hetzner can not keep up (except for the bandwidth)^^

You can buy 256 GB RAM ddr4 ecc server for 45 euro/month at Hetzner. Still can't keep up?
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186938/256-gb-ddr4-ecc-ram-dedicated-44-m

okay well that's crazy

Yeah. You don't see Hetzner giving discounts, but there is no company that comes close to their normal pricing.

• loayloay Member

@Zreind said: You can buy 256 GB RAM ddr4 ecc server for 45 euro/month at Hetzner. Still can't keep up?

And you can customise them and add additional hardware anytime with their great support. I cancelled all my servers with OVH and moved to Hetzner.

BTW, there is also this offer from Netcup, not dedicated but can beat any of OVH servers with similar pricing:

https://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/vserver/rs-surfboard-ss23/

• adnsadns Member

@loay said:

@Zreind said: You can buy 256 GB RAM ddr4 ecc server for 45 euro/month at Hetzner. Still can't keep up?

And you can customise them and add additional hardware anytime with their great support. I cancelled all my servers with OVH and moved to Hetzner.

BTW, there is also this offer from Netcup, not dedicated but can beat any of OVH servers with similar pricing:

Shared resources, but better network.
    And netcup except their bureaucracy is the best VPS provider with dedicated resources (CPU and RAM). But their contract and billing periods needs planning, usualy the special servers not cancellable next month...

• johndeo983johndeo983 Member
    edited June 2023

@Zreind said:

@Xedon said:
    hmm no bad deals. Hetzner can not keep up (except for the bandwidth)^^

You can buy 256 GB RAM ddr4 ecc server for 45 euro/month at Hetzner. Still can't keep up?
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186938/256-gb-ddr4-ecc-ram-dedicated-44-m

Or this

• darkimmortaldarkimmortal Member
    edited June 2023

@loay said:

Custom hardware upgrades haven’t been available anymore since quite a while ago, except on new servers but that kind of defeats the purpose

Netcup has widespread network/io issues - in any given day you would be lucky to get over 99.95% uptime. Way worse than any other provider where downtime is a one off event rather than a brief daily occurrence. But if your use case can handle 30s/day of downtime then they can’t be beat on value

Thanked by 1adns
  • What is the procedure for VAT removal for non-EU citizens?
    I was charged for VAT on my (first) order on SYS.

• @ccarita said:
    What is the procedure for VAT removal for non-EU citizens?
    I was charged for VAT on my (first) order on SYS.

I think they will re process it without vat (been a long time for my first order and i think something similar happened). If it is not, create a ticket for them to remove vat permanently.

• Interesting. Maybe @ccarita did you register on a non us / world site?

I think you can safely request cancelation and re order in usd on the eco.ovhcloud.com/us for the correct pricing

• loayloay Member
    edited June 2023

@plumberg said: eco.ovhcloud.com/us

They have the same prices even without VAT

• @loay said:

@plumberg said: eco.ovhcloud.com/us

They have the same prices even without VAT

Well I meant pricing sans VAT...

• @plumberg I've used Portugal (PT) site eco.ovhcloud.com/pt/
    I've opened a ticket and asked to remove VAT from my account and sypplied the documents that they needed. Less than 12 hours later it was approved and now I'm VAT-free. I simulated a service renewal and I've confirmed that it is not charging VAT anymore.

Thanked by 2plumberg loay
  • Anyone know the latency between BHS canada and RBX/GRA france?

• edited June 2023

@bangudopw said:
    Anyone know the latency between BHS canada and RBX/GRA france?

About 80ms from BHS to RBX: https://ymq1-bhs.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=OVH.DCs

Can also use their looking glass to test ping to you: https://lg.ovh.net/

Thanked by 1bangudopw
  • @CyberneticTitan said:

@bangudopw said:
    Anyone know the latency between BHS canada and RBX/GRA france?

About 80ms from BHS to RBX: https://ymq1-bhs.smokeping.ovh.net/smokeping?target=OVH.DCs

Can also use their looking glass to test ping to you: https://lg.ovh.net/

Nice, this tool really useful

• @ccarita said:
    @plumberg I've used Portugal (PT) site eco.ovhcloud.com/pt/
    I've opened a ticket and asked to remove VAT from my account and sypplied the documents that they needed. Less than 12 hours later it was approved and now I'm VAT-free. I simulated a service renewal and I've confirmed that it is not charging VAT anymore.

Glad that worked out for you!! Enjoy your server whenever it's delivered

• XedonXedon Member

@ccarita said:

I do not understand.
    You can not (legally) exempt from tax :D

• @Xedon said:

@ccarita said:

I do not understand.

If he is not portugal/ EU national, one can get vat removed?

• XedonXedon Member

@plumberg said:

@Xedon said:

@ccarita said:

I do not understand.

hmm interesting. I did not know that.
    Do I have to pay the tax myself then? so in the country where I live? or do I then have a complete tax exemption?

• emghemgh Member

@Xedon said:

@plumberg said:

@Xedon said:

@ccarita said:

I do not understand.

hmm interesting. I did not know that.
    Do I have to pay the tax myself then? so in the country where I live? or do I then have a complete tax exemption?

Not all countries have VAT.

And companies for example are "always" exempt, hence why I as an EU national pay no VAT at OVH.

• I am from Brazil (I was automatically redirected to Portugal OVH subsidiary, perhaps because the - mostly - same language).
    I already had a Kimsufi - ie/world account - for several years - and I'm VAT-free in this account too

• @ccarita said:
    I am from Brazil (I was automatically redirected to Portugal OVH subsidiary, perhaps because the - mostly - same language).
    I already had a Kimsufi - ie/world account - for several years - and I'm VAT-free in this account too

The same here

• @ccarita said:

Is your ovhcloud account personal or company?

• cpsdcpsd Member

I got one KS-14

• @bangudopw said:

@ccarita said:

It is a Personal account.

• adnsadns Member

I missed SYS-1-SSD-32 in FRA:(
    Appeared for a short time period. Hoppe that will appear again...

• @ccarita said:

@bangudopw said:

@ccarita said:

It is a Personal account.

I opened a ticket, the agent say VAT exempt need a legal(company) account, not my personal account, ovh is fun.

• lwtlwt Member

Hmmm... I still pay 18 euros (incl VAT) per month for one of these: KS-LE - Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 - 32GB DDR3 ECC 1133MHz - 2x 2To HDD Soft RAID o:) ... guess I'll keep it...

• @lwt said:
    Hmmm... I still pay 18 euros (incl VAT) per month for one of these: KS-LE - Intel Xeon E5-1620v2 - 32GB DDR3 ECC 1133MHz - 2x 2To HDD Soft RAID o:) ... guess I'll keep it...

KS-16 is now 18.93e with VAT E3-1245v2 32G DDR3 3x 2TB HDD, bigger storage with small price increase.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@bangudopw said: KS-16 is now 18.93e with VAT E3-1245v2 32G DDR3 3x 2TB HDD, bigger storage with small price increase

Do you have a link to that?