Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summer sales Kimsufi & SYS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Summer sales Kimsufi & SYS

fredo1664fredo1664 Member
edited June 2023 in Providers

-30% now advertised on their website https://eco.ovhcloud.com/

Not so interesting. The KS-17 which is basically the last KS-LE (but with 32Gb RAM) is sold at 15.39€ with the discount. The KS-LE was 12.99€ not so long ago.

The cheapest SYS with the Xeon D is at 17,49 €

Thanked by 2loay bugabuga

Comments

• loayloay Member

a discount with a 23% VAT even with Canada or US account

• adnsadns Member

The cheapest SYS with SSD and NVMe interesting combined with no setup, but it applies only for new customers. So I keep on with my Kimsufi KS-LE-1.

• alt_alt_ Member

Yo, KS-15 looks so nice.

• Can somebody buy it and check if they also have 960 GB disks?

Thanked by 1adns
  • @adns said:
    The cheapest SYS with SSD and NVMe interesting combined with no setup, but it applies only for new customers. So I keep on with my Kimsufi KS-LE-1.

How to get no setup fee? This code for new customers is still valid?

• loayloay Member

@Hotmarer said: How to get no setup fee? This code for new customers is still valid?

`SETUPDEALS`

Thanked by 1Hotmarer
  • adnsadns Member

Yes, but at BF offer I used the code as not new customer so it is a lottery.
    Code: SETUPDEALS

• fredo1664fredo1664 Member
    edited June 2023

I never pay setup fees lol. I shouldn't write this in case OVH finds out about my super loophole but oh well.

What I do is:

1) I pay for one month + setup fee
    2) Server is delivered.
    3) As an European customer, cancel the order well within the 14 days.
    4) Server is suspended, refund is issued (except for the little time I had the server).
    5) Cancel the cancellation.
    6) Server is back online and an invoice is issued for the rest of the month, with no setup fees.
    7) ?????
    8) Profit

• balljballj Member

Anyone tried getting one to see if they have 960GB?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@fredo1664 said:
    I never pay setup fees lol. I shouldn't write this in case OVH finds out about my super loophole but oh well.

What I do is:

1) I pay for one month + setup fee
    2) Server is delivered.
    3) As an European customer, cancel the order well within the 14 days.
    4) Server is suspended, refund is issued (except for the little time I had the server).
    5) Cancel the cancellation.
    6) Server is back online and an invoice is issued for the rest of the month, with no setup fees.
    7) ?????
    8) Profit

Considering it takes them a week to respond that sounds like a lot of hassle to save $10-20 one time.

• @ballj said:
    Anyone tried getting one to see if they have 960GB?

480 GB :(

• @MikeA said:

Considering it takes them a week to respond that sounds like a lot of hassle to save $10-20 one time.

It's automated, I don't talk to anyone, it's just a couple of clicks.

Thanked by 1loay

@fredo1664 said:

@MikeA said:

Ah, you lucky European.

• adnsadns Member

@fredo1664 said:

@MikeA said:

'There was an error'.
    I tried the cancellation from OVH control panel, servers, cancel order (not product deletion). I can made it only with a support agent that required a few days and I think that if I do it more than once-twice they will detect it as abuse...

• again ancient hardware with 100 Mbit/s .....

@maxwell said:
    again ancient hardware with 100 Mbit/s .....

It's still great deals. $18/m is basically at cost space/power/bw for an E3v2, 32GB RAM, RAID SSD. Man the days of paying $200/m for those...

Thanked by 1darkimmortal
  • @adns said:

@fredo1664 said:

@MikeA said:

'There was an error'.
    I tried the cancellation from OVH control panel, servers, cancel order (not product deletion). I can made it only with a support agent that required a few days and I think that if I do it more than once-twice they will detect it as abuse...

https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-gb-billing-managing-ovh-orders?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0042881#apply-the-right-of-withdrawal

• What is new customer for them? Lack of ovhcloud acc? I have sys, kimsufi and probably ovh acc from ages ago.

• adnsadns Member

@Hotmarer said:

@adns said:

@fredo1664 said:

@MikeA said:

'There was an error'.

https://help.ovhcloud.com/csm/en-gb-billing-managing-ovh-orders?id=kb_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0042881#apply-the-right-of-withdrawal

I'll give it a try. Thanks!:)

• snow2ksnow2k Member

@Hotmarer said:

@adns said:

@fredo1664 said:

@MikeA said:

'There was an error'.

This only works if the server has NOT been delivered, right?
    Otherwise the process is manual (support ticket).

• moodwritermoodwriter Member
    edited June 2023

Server provision is instant (for this summer deal) or "god knows when" ?

• adnsadns Member

@moodwriter said:
    Server provision is instant (for this summer deal) or "god knows when" ?

Depending on stock and on your luck. If you're lucky it is done in a few minutes but I waited to my latest server a month ago more than 12 hours. It is more than true on popular ones (E.G. SYS-1-SSD and SYS-2-SSD).

• @snow2k said:

@Hotmarer said:

@adns said:

@fredo1664 said:

@MikeA said:

'There was an error'.

Nope I have cancelled orders AFTER delivery. They suspend the server immediately, refund the money, and after a few day they remove the server for good.

Actually, I once cancelled an order BEFORE delivery because it was taking sooo long. Well they only refunded the money once the server was finally delivered two weeks later.

All this with a French account, I don't know about other countries.

Thanked by 1snow2k
  • Any speedtest links (file download) for ovh Poland's location? Cannot find any.

• adnsadns Member

@fredo1664 said:

@snow2k said:

@Hotmarer said:

@adns said:

@fredo1664 said:

@MikeA said:

'There was an error'.

Nope I have cancelled orders AFTER delivery. They suspend the server immediately, refund the money, and after a few day they remove the server for good.

Actually, I once cancelled an order BEFORE delivery because it was taking sooo long. Well they only refunded the money once the server was finally delivered two weeks later.

All this with a French account, I don't know about other countries.

I'll try it with an IE account in future. I think we have same EU rights at cancellation.
    How old your account?

• emghemgh Member

@MikeA said:

@maxwell said:
    again ancient hardware with 100 Mbit/s .....

It's still great deals. $18/m is basically at cost space/power/bw for an E3v2, 32GB RAM, RAID SSD. Man the days of paying $200/m for those...

Although the RAID and 32 GB RAM is a need for some, I think for most needs this is better (since the most stable service shouldn’t be powered by ancient hardware anyway):

CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K - 4c/8t - 4 GHz/4.4 GHz
    Memory : 16 GB DDR3
    Storage : 1 x 240 GB SSD SATA none
    Public bandwidth : 100 Mbps

€17.49 ex. VAT/month

CPU is much faster

Cons is no RAID and half RAM

• XedonXedon Member

hmm no bad deals. Hetzner can not keep up (except for the bandwidth)^^

• @Xedon said:

And support.

Thanked by 1moodwriter
  • ZreindZreind Member
    edited June 2023

@Xedon said:

You can buy 256 GB RAM ddr4 ecc server for 45 euro/month at Hetzner. Still can't keep up?
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186938/256-gb-ddr4-ecc-ram-dedicated-44-m

• XedonXedon Member

@Zreind said:

@Xedon said:

You can buy 256 GB RAM ddr4 ecc server for 45 euro/month at Hetzner. Still can't keep up?
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/186938/256-gb-ddr4-ecc-ram-dedicated-44-m

okay well that's crazy