Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute Summer 2023 Sizzling Deal: Only $40/year! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute Summer 2023 Sizzling Deal: Only $40/year!

13»

Comments

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited June 2023

@yokowasis said:
    Is it possible to send let's say, 10k email twice a day?

It's for attendance notification for students.

Holy shit, how big is the school? I can understand for high school to notify parents of skipped classes, but you wouldn't send out this notification to college students.

Schools should have their own IT and email infrastructure already and shouldn't use a service like this for this.

Edit: I say this as a guy who had two Microsoft 365 support sessions this morning on my vacation to fix two mailboxes that fucked up due to Microsoft 365 shit.

• @TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

Holy shit, how big is the school? I can understand for high school to notify parents of skipped classes, but you wouldn't send out this notification to college students.

Schools should have their own IT and email infrastructure already and shouldn't use a service like this for this.

Edit: I say this as a guy who had two Microsoft 365 support sessions this morning on my vacation to fix two mailboxes that fucked up due to Microsoft 365 shit.

10 schools, about 1k students each school. Parents want to get notified, every time their kids punch attendance.

• laughs in $10/100GB grandfathered package

Thanked by 1stephfd21
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@yokowasis said:

@TimboJones said:

@yokowasis said:

10 schools, about 1k students each school. Parents want to get notified, every time their kids punch attendance.

I do not envy your job 🤣

• Can you please let us know how these emails are backed up?

Also, it's possible to take off my own backups?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited June 2023

@lala_th said:
    Can you please let us know how these emails are backed up?

Rsync or jetbackup, it varies sometimes based on the variables of the server.

Also, it's possible to take off my own backups?

Only as much as you can with any other email service. Like: https://www.mailbackupx.com/

Almost no one ever seems to ask about backup on any email service but mine, I don't get it. But I don't want users running the root backup system on top of my own runs. It's more important that mine complete in a timely manner, user run backups can't help me with disaster recovery. So I'd rather users use the same methods they can use anywhere else, to not clog up my queues or hammer the disk simultaneously.

Thanked by 1rickonair
  • chx818chx818 Member

@TimboJones said:

@chx818 said:
    It would be great if you can provide ActiveSync protocol support, then I will buy it without hesitation, but it is a pity that you do not provide it, and it is actually very simple, both SOGo and Z-Push can implement it.

Doesn't Microsoft 365 stopped using that themselves years ago (older Outlook) and not on current products?

In fact, the outlook software on Windows can still use activesync, but you need to manually set up the account. And my demand for activesync comes from my blackberry mobile phone. Since blackberry shut down their server, blackberry mobile phone cannot use IMAP/POP3/SMTP protocol to send and receive emails. The only exception is activesync, which can still run well on BlackBerry phones.

• @chx818 said:

@TimboJones said:

@chx818 said:
    It would be great if you can provide ActiveSync protocol support, then I will buy it without hesitation, but it is a pity that you do not provide it, and it is actually very simple, both SOGo and Z-Push can implement it.

Doesn't Microsoft 365 stopped using that themselves years ago (older Outlook) and not on current products?

In fact, the outlook software on Windows can still use activesync, but you need to manually set up the account. And my demand for activesync comes from my blackberry mobile phone. Since blackberry shut down their server, blackberry mobile phone cannot use IMAP/POP3/SMTP protocol to send and receive emails.

You are mistaken. None of those protocols use BlackBerry servers. Activesync has nothing to do with Blackberry except Blackberry paid an annual fee to Microsoft to use the feature. Microsoft says up to Office 2016 had Activesync but later versions don't.

The only exception is activesync, which can still run well on BlackBerry phones.

That changed to provider side years ago and you pay a premium since its proprietary. I think Activesync benefits diminished over the years.

• chx818chx818 Member
    edited July 2023

@TimboJones said:

@chx818 said:

@TimboJones said:

@chx818 said:

In fact, the outlook software on Windows can still use activesync, but you need to manually set up the account. And my demand for activesync comes from my blackberry mobile phone. Since blackberry shut down their server, blackberry mobile phone cannot use IMAP/POP3/SMTP protocol to send and receive emails.

You are mistaken. None of those protocols use BlackBerry servers. Activesync has nothing to do with Blackberry except Blackberry paid an annual fee to Microsoft to use the feature. Microsoft says up to Office 2016 had Activesync but later versions don't.

The only exception is activesync, which can still run well on BlackBerry phones.

That changed to provider side years ago and you pay a premium since its proprietary. I think Activesync benefits diminished over the years.

Of course I know that ActiveSync has nothing to do with the BlackBerry server. Maybe it’s because I use Google Translate that you may have misunderstood what I mean. Although Microsoft said that Outlook versions above office2016 no longer support EAS, you can actually install the directory through Outlook (For example, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16) inside OLCFG.exe to manually set up the EAS account.

If the BlackBerry mobile phone needs to use SMTP/IMAP/POP3, it must use the BlackBerry server, or it may not be necessary, but the fact is that my BlackBerry mobile phone cannot add mailboxes using these protocols now, only mailboxes using the ActiveSync protocol can still be normal Work.

• AstroAstro Member

@jar said:
    The next 25 people who order this with promo code "SUMMER2023" get 10% off of it.

...I want to see X number of sales of it today but that's as far as I'm willing to go for it.

Can we get a refill on this?

• @Astro said:

@jar said:
    The next 25 people who order this with promo code "SUMMER2023" get 10% off of it.

...I want to see X number of sales of it today but that's as far as I'm willing to go for it.

Can we get a refill on this?

Good strategy might be to only have coupon for 2-3yr commitments. Bigger spend upfront.

The man works hard and provides a great service, let's not juice him for $4 on $40?

IRT the complaining about the straightforward and direct sign-up opt-ins (read the policy, no refunds, etc.) If you've run a business you understand that support and questions like that can take up a huge amount of time and resources for $0 return.

This isn't amazon where there is a warehouse full of low paid workers mindlessly answering these questions all day. He wants a customer that understands what they are doing, knows what they are getting and will cause minimal/no issues and minimal hand holding. Every question we have had is answered in the tutorials if you read them carefully.

Now if his support isn't good, that would be a valid complaint. Every interaction we have had with them was helpful and useful, but we also didn't ask any technical question that was already covered.

• @jar should I read the "Important Account Information" email you send me after I sign up?

• crunchbitscrunchbits Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@Sailwayward said:

Good strategy might be to only have coupon for 2-3yr commitments. Bigger spend upfront.

The man works hard and provides a great service, let's not juice him for $4 on $40?

IRT the complaining about the straightforward and direct sign-up opt-ins (read the policy, no refunds, etc.) If you've run a business you understand that support and questions like that can take up a huge amount of time and resources for $0 return.

This isn't amazon where there is a warehouse full of low paid workers mindlessly answering these questions all day. He wants a customer that understands what they are doing, knows what they are getting and will cause minimal/no issues and minimal hand holding. Every question we have had is answered in the tutorials if you read them carefully.

Now if his support isn't good, that would be a valid complaint. Every interaction we have had with them was helpful and useful, but we also didn't ask any technical question that was already covered.

Agree, and I always have to throw my hat in the ring to support MXRoute. @jar has been fantastic. I've never had any issues, and even had some proactive support where their team was looking out for us. I've tried to pay them more since I know how it is on the other side.

Getting your e-mails where they need to go and never having to think about anything is absolutely worth the price (and then some, probably) that they charge.

Thanked by 2amaeva080 sh97