Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MXroute Summer 2023 Sizzling Deal: Only $40/year! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute Summer 2023 Sizzling Deal: Only $40/year!

Comments

• @jar said:
    The next 25 people who order this with promo code "SUMMER2023" get 10% off of it.

...I want to see X number of sales of it today but that's as far as I'm willing to go for it.

Recurring or one time @jar ?

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@plumberg said:

@jar said:
    The next 25 people who order this with promo code "SUMMER2023" get 10% off of it.

...I want to see X number of sales of it today but that's as far as I'm willing to go for it.

Recurring :heart:

Thanked by 1marrco
  • @jar said:

@plumberg said:

@jar said:

Total Recurring:$40.00 USD Annually
    For some reason I see this..

Thanked by 1jar

@plumberg said:

@jar said:

@plumberg said:

@jar said:

I think you have to go further into the checkout for hostbill.

• @jar said:

@plumberg said:

@jar said:

@plumberg said:

@jar said:

I think you have to go further into the checkout for hostbill.

Oh I see. Will try . Thanks

Thanked by 1jar
  • muddymuddy Member

@jar I'm seeing the same thing. Paid $36, shows as $40 under "Recurring amount". Not a big deal either way, but I'm sure someone else will raise the question as well if I didn't.

Thanked by 1jar

@muddy said:
    @jar I'm seeing the same thing. Paid $36, shows as $40 under "Recurring amount". Not a big deal either way, but I'm sure someone else will raise the question as well if I didn't.

Oh my bad. I misunderstood @plumberg. Confusing language on that page and I don't use it enough I suppose. Fixed 💜

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • nokstarnokstar Member
    edited June 2023

pls make a 50GB for $20 deal jar, you have not given any offer for the 50GB plan..

• @nokstar said:
    pls make a 50GB for $20 deal jar, you have not given any offer for the 50GB plan..

Maybe $25~$30 dollars to provide it, after all, it is impossible to provide the same unit price. (maybe)

• jlet88jlet88 Member

Guys, the 100GB plan with the 10% coupon is $36. I mean, seriously. That's an insane deal. Let the man make a tiny profit.

Thanked by 3jar rickonair SirFoxy
  • I frogot to add coupon :/

• @jlet88 said:
    Guys, the 100GB plan with the 10% coupon is $36. I mean, seriously. That's an insane deal. Let the man make a tiny profit.

Seriously. This is a steal. I’m migrating several Google Workspace accounts over and will save money instantly. No waiting for a ROI with this sale. 😊

Thanked by 1jar
  • If anyone missed this deal last time around, make sure to snag it! I've been using the Spring promo and have been really happy with the service so far :smile: Plus join their discord, fun conversations all around!

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar hey. i have a project. i want "inbound email processing" that is, lets say i have 10 email ids. they each get emails. i want to save those emails to a DB and apply regex before or after saving to DB so that i can process them later down the pipeline. can your mxroute help in this case? i have 0 need for outbound email as of now, only inbound

Thanked by 1jar

@john_sd3 said:
    @jar hey. i have a project. i want "inbound email processing" that is, lets say i have 10 email ids. they each get emails. i want to save those emails to a DB and apply regex before or after saving to DB so that i can process them later down the pipeline. can your mxroute help in this case? i have 0 need for outbound email as of now, only inbound

Yeah you'd just pull the email over IMAP or POP3. Good chance there's already a strong library for it in your preferred language.

• CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2023

@jar said:

@chx818 said:
    It would be great if you can provide ActiveSync protocol support, then I will buy it without hesitation, but it is a pity that you do not provide it, and it is actually very simple, both SOGo and Z-Push can implement it.

It's not simple. SoGo can't auth off of IMAP alone, and just changing everyone over to a directory or database server for email login is a complete rebuild of infrastructure from the ground up (including generating data fields that don't presently exist in any data store, like name of email user, and building entirely new front-ends to match). Z-push is mostly junk that generated more support tickets than it ever provided in value, I cut that out close to a decade ago. Even when it did work users didn't like that it was still just polling on the backend so effectively a "trick" that was less reasonable than IMAP IDLE. ActiveSync can only be perfectly provided by an Exchange server, which is completely incompatible with the business and pricing structure. There are somewhat reliable reverse engineered implementations that can sit on top of a normal file-based Dovecot setup and be licensed on a per user basis, which is also incompatible with my pricing structure, and still sometimes breaks with Outlook updates.

I do, however, support iOS Push with the stock Mail app, which easily resolves most of the requests for ActiveSync. And if anyone really wants Z-Push, it doesn't require your email provider to support it. It's PHP and only requires that you point it at an IMAP server.

Yes, and also:

https://github.com/Alinto/sogo/blob/master/ActiveSync/README

In order to use this software in production environments, you need to get a proper sage license from Microsoft. Please contact them directly to negotiate the fees associated to your user base.

To contact Microsoft, please visit:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellectualproperty/

and send an email to [email protected]

Just a heads up that the ActiveSync protocol is actually patented. It means that even though there are free/open source versions floating around, if you want to use it legally, you'll need to cough up some cash and buy a license from Microsoft. You'll have to commit to a 5-year contract and shell out $100k every year as a license fee. Now, for big players like Gmail, that might be pocket change, but for smaller web and email hosting providers, it's a real financial burden.

Thanked by 1jar

@CrossBox said:

@jar said:

@chx818 said:
    It would be great if you can provide ActiveSync protocol support, then I will buy it without hesitation, but it is a pity that you do not provide it, and it is actually very simple, both SOGo and Z-Push can implement it.

It's not simple. SoGo can't auth off of IMAP alone, and just changing everyone over to a directory or database server for email login is a complete rebuild of infrastructure from the ground up (including generating data fields that don't presently exist in any data store, like name of email user, and building entirely new front-ends to match). Z-push is mostly junk that generated more support tickets than it ever provided in value, I cut that out close to a decade ago. Even when it did work users didn't like that it was still just polling on the backend so effectively a "trick" that was less reasonable than IMAP IDLE. ActiveSync can only be perfectly provided by an Exchange server, which is completely incompatible with the business and pricing structure. There are somewhat reliable reverse engineered implementations that can sit on top of a normal file-based Dovecot setup and be licensed on a per user basis, which is also incompatible with my pricing structure, and still sometimes breaks with Outlook updates.

I do, however, support iOS Push with the stock Mail app, which easily resolves most of the requests for ActiveSync. And if anyone really wants Z-Push, it doesn't require your email provider to support it. It's PHP and only requires that you point it at an IMAP server.

Yes, and also:

https://github.com/Alinto/sogo/blob/master/ActiveSync/README

In order to use this software in production environments, you need to get a proper sage license from Microsoft. Please contact them directly to negotiate the fees associated to your user base.

To contact Microsoft, please visit:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/legal/intellectualproperty/

and send an email to [email protected]

Just a heads up that the ActiveSync protocol is actually patented. It means that even though there are free/open source versions floating around, if you want to use it legally, you'll need to cough up some cash and buy a license from Microsoft. You'll have to commit to a 5-year contract and shell out $100k every year as a license fee. Now, for big players like Gmail, that might be pocket change, but for smaller web and email hosting providers, it's a real financial burden.

Jesus, I didn't even know that. But that explains why commercial products offering it have a per user cost.

• @jar said:

@john_sd3 said:
    @jar hey. i have a project. i want "inbound email processing" that is, lets say i have 10 email ids. they each get emails. i want to save those emails to a DB and apply regex before or after saving to DB so that i can process them later down the pipeline. can your mxroute help in this case? i have 0 need for outbound email as of now, only inbound

Yeah you'd just pull the email over IMAP or POP3. Good chance there's already a strong library for it in your preferred language.

I got the impression he was asking for your help specifically on the regex crap, seeing how getting emails is trivial and not provider specific.

I'd also be concerned it's a spam sourcing/harvesting account...

Thanked by 1jar
  • Big vouch for mxroute. I have been using them on and off for many years whenever in need of an e-mail provider. Never had any issue's and if i did support was able to offer kind help and come with solutions.

Thanked by 1jar
  • kasodkkasodk Barred

Thank you for letting me know that you are so arrogant that you treat everyone as if they were an idiot before I spend any money. :)

Thanked by 1jar
    edited June 2023

@kasodk said: Thank you for letting me know that you are so arrogant that you treat everyone as if they were an idiot before I spend any money.

I go where the facts lead me, your feelings are irrelevant. If you're looking for someone who administrates based solely on emotion and what they wish were true, you'll have to look elsewhere. Those checkboxes dramatically reduced the number of tickets opened in the first hour after registration that asked questions which were answered in the "Important Account Information" email, which is absolutely vital to using the service. That in turn increased the average user experience (properly configured DNS = more inbox delivery) and decreased service cancellations within the first 72 hours. If that's how you define arrogance, then it's a hat I'll wear proudly.

Please do not find my explanation satisfactory. It would be my preference that you do not register, if our first interaction together is of this quality.

• kasodkkasodk Barred

@jar said:

@kasodk said: Thank you for letting me know that you are so arrogant that you treat everyone as if they were an idiot before I spend any money.

I go where the facts lead me, your feelings are irrelevant. If you're looking for someone who administrates based solely on emotion and what they wish were true, you'll have to look elsewhere. Those checkboxes dramatically reduced the number of tickets opened in the first hour after registration that asked questions which were answered in the "Important Account Information" email, which is absolutely vital to using the service. That in turn increased the average user experience (properly configured DNS = more inbox delivery) and decreased service cancellations within the first 72 hours. If that's how you define arrogance, then it's a hat I'll wear proudly.

There are plenty of ways you could achieve that more customer friendly and without damaging your website's conversion rate.

It would be my preference that you do not register

This pretty much sums up what you say to people with your current checkout page (our first interaction).

But I shall be quiet and just move on like a lot of people do in your checkout process. :)

Thanked by 1jar
    edited June 2023

That was indeed the design, to lose people at the order form who unnecessarily increased overhead (support tickets that didn't need to be opened, people who request refund 2 hours after ordering, people who do chargebacks, etc).

Losing people at time of order sounds like a bad idea if your intent is to move as much money as possible and the results be damned, but as a service provider who is attempting very low overhead solutions to shake up the market, I've found ways to almost completely eliminate bad customer experiences by appropriately losing sales for people who are statistically likely to regret their purchase. Deeming that as rude or arrogant is certainly one way to go about it, but I like to think of it as a moral high ground, that I won't take money from someone at the expense of their sanity. They often don't believe that their sanity is what is actually at stake, but experience tells me it very much is.

Certainly there are other ways to prevent bad customer experiences while opening up to more customers, but MXroute isn't running with investors and it's intentional that I charge such low prices. I'm not trying to walk anyone else's path, and "jack of all trades, master of all trades" isn't how things work. While the UX turns certain people away at this stage of development, I prefer to turn that user away first. If saying I was successful seems like a good insult, I'll have to disagree. But I do appreciate the feedback.

edited June 2023

Doing good, we're 2 days ahead of revenue target for the month. I could use a top off on our payroll buffer money though, just to stay ahead of a slow summer. Radical honesty, all that jazz. No reason to suspect that the current rate of sales won't keep us ahead. You guys are quite good to me 💜

Not that anyone should care about the internal workings of the business. But I know some people like to follow the details of a business to soak up things that help them navigate running a small business.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • @kasodk said:

Thank you for letting me know that you are so arrogant that you treat everyone as if they were an idiot before I spend any money. :)

Two suggestions.

Put the checkbox inline at the start of each one.
    Put in a word box where user types "acknowledged" or something as blind checkbox ticking is pretty standard and takes 1.5 seconds to tick those boxes. The word box makes them slow down and absorb the message.

Thanked by 2jar angstrom
  • @TimboJones said:

@kasodk said:

Two suggestions.

Put the checkbox inline at the start of each one.
    Put in a word box where user types "acknowledged" or something as blind checkbox ticking is pretty standard and takes 1.5 seconds to tick those boxes. The word box makes them slow down and absorb the message.

Frankly, Acknowledged would also have the same effect as blindly checking boxes

Let's make it more interesting by having users initiate a video call with a live person and record their acceptance to all terms by making them speak each and every word...

$$$$ always

Thanked by 2jar kdh

@plumberg said:
    Let's make it more interesting by having users initiate a video call with a live person and record their acceptance to all terms by making them speak each and every word...

Well now that doesn't decrease overhead 🤣

Thanked by 2plumberg kdh
  • Is it possible to send let's say, 10k email twice a day?

It's for attendance notification for students.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:

@plumberg said:

Well now that doesn't decrease overhead 🤣

Goes both the ways, right?

@yokowasis said:
    Is it possible to send let's say, 10k email twice a day?

It's for attendance notification for students.

It's a 300 outbound per hour limit presently, so 7200 per day.