Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostaris - 5950X 1GB RAM + 1vCore + 10GB NVME £2/month + £50 CREDIT GIVEAWAY - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostaris - 5950X 1GB RAM + 1vCore + 10GB NVME £2/month + £50 CREDIT GIVEAWAY

Comments

• Your post is full of false advertising...
    Clarify that the server location is NOT Frankfurt but rather Falkenstein/ Nuremberg.

Averaging 200Mbps or more over longer than 3 hours is considered abuse. (Subject to change)

If you're consuming a lot of bandwidth we may ask you to upgrade your service to make up for the loss.

Also, why would you sell it as "unmetered" when as soon as the client actually starts pushing bandwidth you pull the "abuse" card...

Thanked by 1dagwe
  • @FatStacks said:
    Your post is full of false advertising...
    Clarify that the server location is NOT Frankfurt but rather Falkenstein/ Nuremberg.

Averaging 200Mbps or more over longer than 3 hours is considered abuse. (Subject to change)

If you're consuming a lot of bandwidth we may ask you to upgrade your service to make up for the loss.

Also, why would you sell it as "unmetered" when as soon as the client actually starts pushing bandwidth you pull the "abuse" card...

That's why I asked them before purchasing because most of the providers are mentioning that they offer unlimited bandwidth but it is actually not true, even if they mention unlimited it should also be mentioned what is fair use as per them.

@Francisco I am waiting for your reply, DMed you about 24hrs ago.

• hostarishostaris Member
    edited June 2023

@FatStacks said:

I have already had this conversation with another member, so there isn't really a point in bringing this back up again. As far as I can see there is no option to edit this post, so I'm unable to clarify anything.

Our network would usually be in Frankfurt, so either way, I would be "false" advertising because if I told clients it was located in Falkenstein, they'd see a Frankfurt provider on BGP Tools and the IP geolocation would be Frankfurt. If I told clients it was Frankfurt, they'd see Hetzner on an MTR. So either way, someone is going to accuse us of false advertising.

In regards to the bandwidth, this is something that many providers do and we do indeed offer unmetered bandwidth. Unmetered simply means that we don't measure it (i.e. there isn't any set limit). We have, in the past, allowed clients to consume 200-300Mbps consistently after explaining their use case. There is a difference between "unmetered", and "unlimited".

We also do have the FUP on the website, so if any client is unhappy with these terms before proceeding please go elsewhere.

• @hostaris said:

. As far as I can see there is no option to edit this post, so I'm unable to clarify anything.

Reach out to a mod. It's not rocket science genius.

• @hostaris
    Thanks for the offer,please double my NVME SSD.
    My VPS ID:462

• Really hope the lucky guy could be me🫡

• Thanks so much for the offer and giveaway!!!

• Great! can't miss a giveaway! :)

• @hostaris said:

@FatStacks said:

I have already had this conversation with another member, so there isn't really a point in bringing this back up again. As far as I can see there is no option to edit this post, so I'm unable to clarify anything.

Our network would usually be in Frankfurt, so either way, I would be "false" advertising because if I told clients it was located in Falkenstein, they'd see a Frankfurt provider on BGP Tools and the IP geolocation would be Frankfurt. If I told clients it was Frankfurt, they'd see Hetzner on an MTR. So either way, someone is going to accuse us of false advertising.

In regards to the bandwidth, this is something that many providers do and we do indeed offer unmetered bandwidth. Unmetered simply means that we don't measure it (i.e. there isn't any set limit). We have, in the past, allowed clients to consume 200-300Mbps consistently after explaining their use case. There is a difference between "unmetered", and "unlimited".

We also do have the FUP on the website, so if any client is unhappy with these terms before proceeding please go elsewhere.

Alright, thanks for the quick response. :)

• By the way, the SSL certificate of looking glass page has been expired.

• hdz2hdz2 Member

great deals!

• hope to win the giveaway

• count me in

• VPS ID 463.

Thank U.

• furkeyfurkey Member

Hope won't miss this one :smile:

ID: 62

• bbassbbass Member

Great offer

• Nice offer,do you have LA location?

• @rkdede55 said:
    Nice offer,do you have LA location?

Not at the moment.

• @inspain said:
    @hostaris
    Thanks for the offer,please double my NVME SSD.
    My VPS ID:462

Done.

@BalleKlasker said:
    VPS ID 463.

Thank U.

Done, you will need to reboot from the panel.

• @bertaho said:
    By the way, the SSL certificate of looking glass page has been expired.

Cheers, updated now.

• dagwedagwe Member

Nice offer

• redmayaredmaya Member
    edited June 2023

I simply can't pass up the opportunity to join a giveaway! Time to drop a comment and cross my fingers. 😤

Goodluck with the sales!

• STTSTT Member

I hope this time giveaway hit me!

• sliixsliix Member

Good offer. In for the giveaway.

• D0neD0ne Member

Nice offers.

• edited June 2023

I would like to try your service. Thank you

• Nice offer.

• suronsuron Member

nice! giving my chance in this! :)